• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Nintendo World Report || ARK's New Switch Version is a Game Changer - New Footage and Details

ILikeFeet

Warpstar Knight

new docked res is dynamic 1080p
new handheld res is dynamic 720p
new loading is about 15 seconds
content complete
pushed out draw distance
not an update, a whole new game replacing the old
free for owners of the original release
utilizes improvements to UE4 since the original release

holy hell this is a huge improvement

new docked res is dynamic 1080p
new handheld res is dynamic 720p
new loading is about 15 seconds
content complete
pushed out draw distance
not an update, a whole new game replacing the old
free for owners of the original release
utilizes improvements to UE4 since the original release

holy hell this is a huge improvement

For all the unitiated among us, could you provide a small synopsis why this game is interesting? I've eyed it several times but I can't really get a good idea of the focus of the game.

Perfect, it looks like a really huge improvement. The moment they announced this, I bought the original game at 10€, so I will get this new version when it will launch.

For all the unitiated among us, could you provide a small synopsis why this game is interesting? I've eyed it several times but I can't really get a good idea of the focus of the game.
it's popularly a persistent character/base building kinda game. you start with nothing then grow into something powerful. similar to games like Minecraft

applause-standing.gif

Gotta give them props for this

with dinosaurs!
Lmao, I was gonna say, I'm surprised it took until Valheim for me to get into these base-building type of games but swapping out the Norse mythology for dinosaurs is a helluva way to describe a game to me that I should play haha

Oh shit, this is Grove Street Games who did the portwork? I know I may have been unfairly critical of their GTA trilogy ports which in hindsight was almost definitely Rockstar's impossible deadlines, but I'm glad to see this work out so well for them and I think I will pick up ARK in the future then.

Obligatory Digital Foundry link, for your viewing and juxtaposing pleasure:

(Hint: the harmonica overtures begin at 0:00:20)

Gonna enjoy the NWR look, cheers OP ☕

This looks like it compares very favorably to the PC version on Steam Deck. I didn't do a lot of settings tweaking, but with most things very low it still ate batteries and load time from microSD was looooong.

So can GSG go back and continue working on the GTA Trilogy port after this, or......

Back
Top Bottom