• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO NSO Missions and Rewards

got the new splatoon ones but i got low on platinum points. downloaded FE heroes and it's pretty easy to farm points with that. you can just use auto battle to finish the chapters and each one gives 100 points.
There’s an auto battle option?? I’ve been waiting for a physical reward I want to farm coins so this is good to know.

There’s an auto battle option?? I’ve been waiting for a physical reward I want to farm coins so this is good to know.
yeah. just start a chapter, skip the beginning dialog, click auto battle, wait 1 or 2 minutes. repeat a few times and a chapter is done, giving you 100 points.

The new Kirby icons are out - sadly this means no more Carby, but we got a few choice ones, namely Ring Kirby and Kirby serving a Maxim Tomato from the food service mini game.

...my partner missed Carby and the Kirby Burger by a couple of hours and they are pissed. This is the downside to these FOMO limited releases rather than just letting people get them whenever, I guess.

A friend of mine who has also expressed concern over running out of Platinum Points with all these icon elements got the idea to submit feedback for Mario Kart Tour suggesting they add My Nintendo Missions for Platinum Points to the game, so I just did that as well. We really need more ways to earn Platinum Points, and I’d actually start playing Mario Kart Tour daily if I could earn points for doing so, so hopefully they might consider that if enough people ask for that feature…

You can submit feedback in the app via Menu > Settings > Help and Inquiries > Customer Support > Feedback, if you want!

I downloaded Fire Emblem again yesterday to grind some Platinum coins. 100 per Chapter and takes but a few minutes to finish one of the chapters. Might be worth a shot that way?

Quick FEH tip: You get a free 5 star hero out of 4 choices for the 'Choose your Legends' from last year in the banner section. Pick Eirika/ the blue orb for the unit who will help you clear content the fastest, she is high tier, high movement, and super effective against horse/cavalry and armored units.

Last edited:
there's new kirby stuff available.

edit: and a special splatoon 2 mission, 100 points for launching the game.

I like that we are getting rewards from playing switch games so I don’t have to play the mobile games.
Not too say they are bad but I don’t really wanna play them

Last batch of Splatoon 2 icon elements are up!

They really gave us four less Inkling Boy icons than Inkling Girl ones, huh? That’s kinda weird and disappointing… Was really hoping for this one, but we didn’t even get any others besides the default green Inkling Boy…

Got all the Splatoon 2 icons so I'm good. However if next month they have Zelda and include Link's Awakening the rest if my coins are gone.

Well, the Fire Emblem Heroes autoplay was a revelation. On day two of occasionally tapping the screen and I'm up to 6400 points from FEH alone. There are a bunch of animation skip settings you can enable so all you have to do is a bit of menuing between chapters. And you can use all the free 5 star summons and stamina potions that are thrown at you to breeze through it.

There’s been some weeks I skipped collecting icons, so I’m having misser’s remorse. I wonder how long it will take for those to rotate back around.

There’s been some weeks I skipped collecting icons, so I’m having misser’s remorse. I wonder how long it will take for those to rotate back around.
Never, but you will soon be able to purchase them via a blockchain based user experience ;)

i wonder the same. i missed one round of mario odyssey avatars and i'm bummed about it.

Well, the Fire Emblem Heroes autoplay was a revelation. On day two of occasionally tapping the screen and I'm up to 6400 points from FEH alone. There are a bunch of animation skip settings you can enable so all you have to do is a bit of menuing between chapters. And you can use all the free 5 star summons and stamina potions that are thrown at you to breeze through it.
Yo can you give me a very short version on how to do this? I'm gonna need Platinum coins to keep my icon collection going

Quoted by: LiC
Yo can you give me a very short version on how to do this? I'm gonna need Platinum coins to keep my icon collection going
Summon all the free 5 stars the game will let you and add them to the team. Go to settings and turn on all the animation skips, text skips, etc. Start a chapter, skip the intro, enable autoplay. Let the battle end (no input required) and tap your way to the next chapter.

New Animal Crossing icons are cycled in, and the spotlight game on the month is Mario Kart.

Thanks to that Switch now has a Wario profile icon. Only took five years.

Guess the thought that Nintendo would allow Miis to be used with icon elements from games that feature Miis like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was too good to be true…

Seriously considering using whatever means I can—which is pretty much just submitting feedback via the Nintendo Switch Online mobile app, I guess, unless I wanna contact Nintendo’s customer support and bug a call center employee to take down feedback, lol—to ask Nintendo if they could please consider allowing Miis to be used with NSO icon elements, even if it has to be limited to games that feature Miis.

Mushroom Cup set, huh? Guessing Mario Kart will be cycled back in multiple times like Odyssey will.

IMG_9143.jpg

Mushroom Cup set, huh? Guessing Mario Kart will be cycled back in multiple times like Odyssey will.

IMG_9143.jpg
Unless they just…don’t do all the cups, I guess, lol. They could very well not do the rest of the kingdoms for Odyssey, too; can’t really say for sure either way yet.

Oh god, I forgot to check the AC ones every time, hope I have not lost a Cobb icon. I can see here I've already missed a couple of good ones :(.

Sorry to ask but can someone explain to me what this is? Like I’m a 5 year old.

Quoted by: Tye
Sorry to ask but can someone explain to me what this is? Like I’m a 5 year old.
You can earn and spend My Nintendo Platinum points via the Nintendo Switch Online app on Switch now. Currently the only rewards you can get for Switch are icon elements, which are images (including characters, frames, and backgrounds) from various games that can be used for your Switch profile icon.

Is the weekly “Use This Application (Nintendo Switch Online)” mission not completing for anyone else? All the other weekly missions went through fine for me except this one, and I’m not sure why it’s not being triggered… I’ve never had any issues like this with it before.

Can anyone else not change icons? I made a Sasha one but every time I change it goes straight back to the Kirby burger

Still haven’t been able to complete this weekly mission…
It worked just fine as usual for my partner, so I guess it’s only an issue for me? Not sure what I can really do about it except accept that I’m not gonna get those 20 Platinum Points this week, lol… Already tried restarting my Switch and even accessing the app from my account on another Switch, and no luck.

Can anyone else not change icons? I made a Sasha one but every time I change it goes straight back to the Kirby burger
Works fine for me, though as I said above I’m having some other issues with the app, so maybe it’s just having some weird issues for some people right now?

Still haven’t been able to complete this weekly mission…

It worked just fine as usual for my partner, so I guess it’s only an issue for me? Not sure what I can really do about it except accept that I’m not gonna get those 20 Platinum Points this week, lol… Already tried restarting my Switch and even accessing the app from my account on another Switch, and no luck.

Works fine for me, though as I said above I’m having some other issues with the app, so maybe it’s just having some weird issues for some people right now?

Yeah it was just last night it wasn’t working I tried it today and it’s fine again.
No idea why the mission isn’t working I guess somethings not working or it’s just taking a really long time to update

I didn’t ever look into this until now. Bought the sleepy Kirby and made it my profile pic.

Did I miss some cool icons that are gone now?

I didn’t ever look into this until now. Bought the sleepy Kirby and made it my profile pic.

IIRC you missed Mario Odyssey but that'll probably come back as a theme at some point

IIRC you missed Mario Odyssey but that'll probably come back as a theme at some point
More than just Super Mario Odyssey; there have also been Splatoon 2, Animal Crossing: New Horizons (specifically residents with March and April birthdays), and more Kirby and the Forgotten Land icon elements that are no longer available. I would assume that they’ll all come back eventually but we don’t know for sure yet.

Wonder what (if any) new game icon elements we’re gonna get today! Maybe Nintendo Switch Sports?

Huh, guess we’re not getting another set of icon elements on Thursdays this month then… Oh well, at least that means I can save some Platinum Points I guess, lol.

Huh, guess we’re not getting another set of icon elements on Thursdays this month then… Oh well, at least that means I can save some Platinum Points I guess, lol.
I bet we get Fire Emblem next month for the Warriors game

I bet we get Fire Emblem next month for the Warriors game
Maybe! Though with it being a Warriors game, I’m not so sure… I guess they could take the opportunity to give us Three Houses icon elements, though.

Is the weekly “Use This Application (Nintendo Switch Online)” mission not completing for anyone else? All the other weekly missions went through fine for me except this one, and I’m not sure why it’s not being triggered… I’ve never had any issues like this with it before.

I've been having this issue also since last week. Been checking-in almost daily and it still won't register.

I've been having this issue also since last week. Been checking-in almost daily and it still won't register.
Huh, so it’s not just me! Wonder if it’s a known issue that Nintendo is aware of and will be fixing next week…

Back
Top Bottom