• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack |ST| New 2024 Poll Up

How will Nintendo handle the NSO with the launch of the Switch 2

• Everything on the service becomes playable on launch day of the new system.

Votes: 139 76.4%
  • A slow roll out with a promise to move everything over within 12 months from launch day

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • LOL Nintendo is going to start all over with just NES games in late 2025

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Nothing will transfer over because the Switch 2 won't be backwards compatible with the Switch 1

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Can't wait until Mario Golf. Played the heck out of that back in the day, and along with Neo Turf Masters my favourite golf game.

Man, with an OLED TV coming in soon I really hope they add the option to hide the profile icon and borders across all NSO apps.

It shouldn't bother me the way that it does, and it's probably my ADHD and mild OCD, but it really takes aways from the screen going black in games when the borders are still there. Imagine if they added a static design on the cinematic bars in movies :-(

I think the fact that Mario 64 in the 3D collection and the NES/SNES can have no borders is what bugs me the most.

Nintendo reuploaded their NSO Expansion Pack overview trailer again today, mainly to add a section on Mario Kart DLC, but there’s one other curious difference.

Unlike the original trailer which showed footage of F-Zero X, Banjo, Paper Mario and Majora’s Mask while talking about upcoming N64 games, they now show footage of Kirby 64, Pokémon Snap and Mario Golf (in that order). Just like last time, this makes me think these games are the next in line; which means Custom Robo and Custom Robo V2 will be waiting until the very end of the initial revealed batch.

Why do I get this awful feeling that Nintendo are gonna stop releasing N64 games after Mario Golf gets released...

It would be ridiculous to not have Wave Race 64. Also, because of potential chip shortages for future hardware, I suspect Nintendo wants to extend the life of the Switch, and the Expansion Pack is a cheap way of keeping it interesting.

Yeah that seems needlessly pessimistic to assume that Nintendo is just going to flat out abandon N64 NSO after only like 18 or so games lol.

There's still plenty of other potential N64 games that were on previous Virtual Consoles, like Wace Race 64, Donkey Kong 64, Excitebike 64, Pokemon Puzzle League, 1080 Snowboarding, Smash Bros., etc. Would be absurd if none of them came to NSO.

I am once again asking for an F-Zero X framerate patch. It's now my favourite racing game on the system (which is saying something with Mario Kart and Burnout) but the framerate is such a shame. PLS REGGIE

Love when you don’t get first place in a cup in F-zero X but are top 3. Fire works that turn into “TRY AGAIN” is absolutely amazing.

Well things are going to get interesting this month for the service. The second wave of MK8D DLC feels likely, but I wonder what happens next for N64.

That Genesis lineup is fantastic honestly. Target Earth (Leynos), Zero Wing and Wily Wars are all bangers.

I hope this means we see a bunch more Toaplan and NCS/Masaya stuff too. Warsong, Gley Lancer, Gynoug, Slap Fight MD, Grindstormer, Truxton, Snow Bros, bring it all.

edit: and goes without saying there's also a bunch of Capcom stuff I'd like too (GNG, Mercs, SF2SCE, Forgotten Worlds, etc).

Last edited:
Well things are going to get interesting this month for the service. The second wave of MK8D DLC feels likely, but I wonder what happens next for N64.
At the very least I expect the monthly drops to continue since we just got genesis on time. Maybe we’ll get lucky and get a new roadmap in the next release date announcement in the next week or two. It is possible we get CRUIS’N usa or Pokémon puzzle league next while Japan gets custom Robo V1

The Genesis update this week is definitely one of the best single updates that the NSO has seen. Those are some really good pick ups.

As for the N64, I'm hoping that we get the next road map over the next few weeks. It is much more fun when you have an idea of what to expect and it makes a one game a month bearable.

At the very least I expect the monthly drops to continue since we just got genesis on time. Maybe we’ll get lucky and get a new roadmap in the next release date announcement in the next week or two. It is possible we get CRUIS’N usa or Pokémon puzzle league next while Japan gets custom Robo V1
I really want Wave Race 64, 1080 and Pilotwings 64 in the next batch. The latter's never gotten a rerelease even.

Also for 3rd party stuff it's really time to bring Konami in. Between them and Hudson, it's probably the overall biggest 3rd party N64 catalog with a lot of viable stuff (Goemon series, Castlevania series, Bomberman series, Star Soldier VE, Rakuga Kids, Hybrid Heaven, Last Legion UX, Track & Field series, etc). Capcom also could be fun even though they have a lot less to offer (RE2, MM64) and Sega/Atlus also has some good stuff too of course (Puyo Puyo Sun/~on, Snowboard Kids 1-2).

I'd love to see those Konami and Capcom titles, @fiendcode! As to Pilotwings, there's a facsimile of the World Trade Center in the game, right? I think they'd need to edit it out for a re-release, but that seems reasonably in line with other changes they've made to N64 games. So I think we could see it this time.

I'd love to see those Konami and Capcom titles, @fiendcode! As to Pilotwings, there's a facsimile of the World Trade Center in the game, right? I think they'd need to edit it out for a re-release, but that seems reasonably in line with other changes they've made to N64 games. So I think we could see it this time.
The other assumed problem is Nester ownership. But yeah WTC and you can shoot at it
I really want Wave Race 64, 1080 and Pilotwings 64 in the next batch. The latter's never gotten a rerelease even.

Also for 3rd party stuff it's really time to bring Konami in. Between them and Hudson, it's probably the overall biggest 3rd party N64 catalog with a lot of viable stuff (Goemon series, Castlevania series, Bomberman series, Star Soldier VE, Rakuga Kids, Hybrid Heaven, Last Legion UX, Track & Field series, etc). Capcom also could be fun even though they have a lot less to offer (RE2, MM64) and Sega/Atlus also has some good stuff too of course (Puyo Puyo Sun/~on, Snowboard Kids 1-2).
Yeah I’d happily take the whole Konami lineup. And with how aggressive they’ve been on genesis I can’t see them not including n64 Sega/Atlus games in that deal

So, we're going with the presumption that Nintendo will seamlessly carry all these (and the base tier NES/SNES) libraries over to what's next rather than once again starting over... right? It's just gonna move to the next system, right?

I know they've spoken about cultivating and continuing to add to the online membership service going forward but... it's Nintendo's online service. I can't not brace for the worst.

So, we're going with the presumption that Nintendo will seamlessly carry all these (and the base tier NES/SNES) libraries over to what's next rather than once again starting over... right? It's just gonna move to the next system, right?

I know they've spoken about cultivating and continuing to add to the online membership service going forward but... it's Nintendo's online service. I can't not brace for the worst.
This is my assumption. I figure it's also why they locked these games into a subscription and don't offer a purchase option: to try and retain subscribers into the longer term.

NES is here to stay. Earthbound will be an event once again because they know the fanbase/case. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't doubt the doubt at this point.....

Nintendo going back to square one with their legacy library for fifth time would really dumb.

This is my assumption. I figure it's also why they locked these games into a subscription and don't offer a purchase option: to try and retain subscribers into the longer term.
Yeah I do imagine the numbers would plummet if they started at a foundational level again, and clearly they're trying to build this thing up best they can despite the discouragingly high cost of the expansion. With stuff like the DLC offered losing value moving onto new systems, they'd probably at least want to keep the back catalogue. You'd think.

NES is here to stay. Earthbound will be an event once again because they know the fanbase/case. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't doubt the doubt at this point.....
Just the NES?

Nintendo going back to square one with their legacy library for fifth time would really dumb.
It would be. And this time they probably won't. But look... doing it a fifth time means it's already happen four times before.

Yeah I do imagine the numbers would plummet if they started at a foundational level again, and clearly they're trying to build this thing up best they can despite the discouragingly high cost of the expansion. With stuff like the DLC offered losing value moving onto new systems, they'd probably at least want to keep the back catalogue. You'd think.

Just the NES?

It would be. And this time they probably won't. But look... doing it a fifth time means it's already happen four times before.
Yes, but this time they have gotten into subscription territory, they can't afford to start from scratch. They have said they want to keep expanding the suscribers, so starting again from zero wouldn't have any sense. I think they will keep the games and they will become more aggressive including dlc expansions from older games.

I can't see them restarting the retro system libraries again, maybe ever. They aren't in the most glorious forms here but the NSO service is designed to last beyond the current Switch. The slow drip feed is for Nintendo's sake, so they still have games to drop on this service in 2024 or 2025. I can guarantee they have a lot left to release for NES and SNES, maybe some things people aren't expecting much; and i'd presume the same can be said for N64 and MD, as well as any other future platforms after GB and GBA.

I can't see them restarting the retro system libraries again, maybe ever. They aren't in the most glorious forms here but the NSO service is designed to last beyond the current Switch. The slow drip feed is for Nintendo's sake, so they still have games to drop on this service in 2024 or 2025. I can guarantee they have a lot left to release for NES and SNES, maybe some things people aren't expecting much; and i'd presume the same can be said for N64 and MD, as well as any other future platforms after GB and GBA.

I agree. I feel the drip feed approach — which is very deliberate and in my opinion not borne out of necessity — tells us their intention. After all, their little graphic they showed depicting the console timeline including their future hardware, with a rising graph of value over time, didn't end with a cliff.

Timeline of the first 12 months of the NSO Expansion Pack.
Having finally made the jump to Famiboards after being a lurker back on Era and a semi-active contributor on Install Base, I figured it'd only be appropriate that I bring across my NSO timeline graphic from the equivalent to this thread on Install Base; which is also now updated to August 2022 December 2022 to boot! Here are said graphics, along with the full write up explaining everything:

5OAyc6u.png
LGeGNwj.png
VVjGsQR.png
GMv7sL2.png
R9ZXBOM.png
RfRJ4Dx.png

FbaACe1.png

Every dash along the three timelines is one day, the dash itself represents the day and the first day of every month has a bigger one than the others. The beginning of the timelines is September 2018 (the month that NSO launched), and almost all NSO content is included.

While shown on the graphic, I would like to quickly run through the categorization system I used:
  • NSO Famicom, FDS and NES titles - The first row, and games are outlined in Yellow/Gold. Games generally use western (NTSC-U or PAL) boxarts when shown as releases in the western NSO services, and use Japanese boxarts when only added to the JP & HK service. Exceptions are: titles that were never originally localised for a region but got released in that regions NSO anyways (Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Vs. Excitebike, Ninja JaJaMaru-kun, Daiva Story 6: Imperial of Nirsartia, Joy Mech Fight, Downtown Nekketsu March: Super-Awesome Field Day!, Mysterious Murasame Castle); and custom made localised boxart for NSO (Earthbound Beginnings, Mystery Tower). An additional wrinkle is the addition of SP versions for games - these are shown separately and just use the games logo to save space.

• NSO Super Famicom and SNES titles - The second row, and games are outlined in Light Purple. Games use NTSC-U boxart in most instances, however they use NTSC-J boxart for titles only added to JP NSO and titles that didn't originally get localisation (Puyo Puyo 2, Panel de Pon*, Mario's Super Picross, Psycho Dream, Magical Drop II**, Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu), PAL boxart for a select few titles (Kirby's Dream Course, Pop'n Twinbee, Smash Tennis, Jelly Boy, Harvest Moon), and the custom NSO/SNES Classic boxart for the previously unreleased Star Fox 2. The note about SP versions also applies here, and is treated the same as with NES / Famicom.

• NSO+EP Nintendo 64 titles - The third row from 2021 onwards, and games are outlined in Red. Generally uses the NTSC-U/C boxart for games, except in some instances where I think the PAL boxart looks nicer (Majora's Mask, Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Puzzle League and Pokémon Stadium 2), JP versions of titles (Goldeneye 007, Custom Robo, Custom Robo V2, Star Kids) and in the case of Sin & Punishment, the custom made localised boxart for NSO is used. This app is also the only one to have a Cero Z / 18+ version - and additions to this specific app are outlined in Black.

• NSO+EP Sega Genesis/Mega Drive titles - The fourth row from 2021 onwards, and games are outlined in Blue. Uses NTSC-U/C boxart for all games released in that region, NTSC-J for titles exclusive to the JP/HK NSO service (Puyo Puyo), and PAL for any other title (Super Fantasy Zone, Mega Man: The Wily Wars and Zero Wing).

• NSO Game Boy and Game Boy Color titles - The fifth row from 2023 onwards, and games are outlined in Green. Uses a mix of NTSC-U/C and PAL boxart for all western titles (the two aren't easy to distinguish for OG Game Boy), and NTSC-J boxart for titles exclusive to the JP/HK NSO service (Yakuman).

• NSO+EP Game Boy Advance titles - The sixth row from 2023 onwards, and games are outlined in Dark Purple. Uses NTSC-U/C boxart for all games released in that region, PAL for Kuru Kuru Kuruin, and NTSC-J for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.

• NSO+EP DLC - The fifth row from 2021 until Feb 2023, the seventh row afterwards; all content is outlined in Brown. This is the section for add-ons/DLC for other NSW software that is included in the Expansion Pack: Animal Crossing Happy Home Paradise, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass (each wave is listed at the point where it released) and, most recently added, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion.
Other base NSO content is also included, which collectively make up the bottom-most row (row 3 pre-2021, row 6 in 2021/2022 and row 8 in 2023 onwards):
  • Tetris 99 + DLC + Maximus Cups - Due to Tetris 99 originally being an NSO-only title until its physical release, and all online content still being locked behind NSO, I've included extra content for this game as well - outlined in Light Blue/Cyan. Most Maximus Cups add a theme to the game, and thus count as additional content. Re-run Maximus Cups are, however, not shown.

• Super Mario Bros. 35 - One of only two pieces of NSO content to eventually be removed from the service, the release and subsequent removal of this title are shown outlined in Orange.

• PAC-MAN 99 + DLC - Similarly, PAC-MAN 99 is NSO-exclusive - and thus it and its various DLC packs are also NSO-exclusive; these are shown in Dark Grey. The removal for this title is also in the same colour.

• F-Zero 99 - The most recent addition to NSO's Battle Royale extravaganza, once again this is exclusive to the service and is outlined in Light Pink. All content updates/releases are also shown.

• Some content is not included: the voucher program, the NSO smartphone app, the online features of every online enabled Switch game, the extra Gem Apples in Super Kirby Clash and the various promotional items for Smash Ultimate. These are excluded due to either being non-applicable (in the case of the voucher program and mobile app) or hard to track down when each wave of "content" was released (in the case of Smash and Kirby).
Sometimes titles have been added to only certain regions - and the other regions may have come later (or not at all yet). In these instances, an extra section is added to the side of the box for the title displaying indicators of which regions the title came to at that time:
  • The Western NSO app is represented by the flags of: the United States and Canada (together representing the NTSC-U/C region); the United Kingdom, European Union and a combined Australia/New Zealand flag (together representing PAL).

• Through a quirk of licensing issues, the Korean NSO app (which software wise is the same as the Western app) has a different line-up of titles (Magical Drop II, F-Zero X, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu are all absent in the Korean region). Thus the Korean app is represented by the flag of the Republic of Korea (which depending on the original console is either classed as PAL-B or NTSC-K).

• The Japanese NSO app is used in both Japan and Hong Kong, and thus the flags of Japan and Hong Kong demarcate this region.

• These three groupings are based on the Wikipedia page for the NSO apps, which I corroborated with the various NSO websites for the various regions involved. The rest of AMEA and the rest of the Americas likely do also fall into one of these categories but there's only so much space for flags to demarcate regions.
* - Panel de Pon was in fact localised as Tetris Attack, but due to rights issues and The Tetris Company no longer approving of the name Tetris being associated with the title, Panel de Pon was brought to western NSO instead of the localised version.
** - Magical Drop II actually is a localised port, but it wasn't released until the game was added to NSO, so it still uses the JP boxart.

----

Hopefully these graphics are helpful and illustrative - if the size of the images are too small, open the image you want to look at in a new tab to get the full size (you may have to do this twice, because imgur can be a bit iffy sometimes). The Wikipedia page for Nintendo Switch Online games is a helpful resource to refer to if you aren't able to identify what a certain game is just by its boxart.

As always, any suggestions on how to potentially improve it are always welcome! I'm considering also making an expanded year-by-year version that splits NSO Famicom/NES (which includes FDS games as well) and NSO Super Famicom/SNES into their own rows and stretches all the way back to the original NSO launch back in September '18. (already done now). And I'll update the image in this post when new content gets added.

Last edited:
Woah dude, that's an awesome graph. A ton of information presented in a very readable format. It really spells out that Nintendo has been delivering content on NSO pretty regularly over the past year, there really hasn't been any major draughts.

Okay, initial datamining time. There are at least 38 N64 games planned for the service.

t6OH7xo.png

They're listed alphabetically, so you could try to guess which games fall into the gaps. I'm certain #37 is Majora's Mask and 14-16 are Mario Party 1-3, for example.

Ok so now that we have 18 games on the system and 9 more confirmed, the rest of the lineup is starting to pan out. I put astrisks for the games added after the data mine. Those spots shouldn't be considered set in stone, but a lot should make sense, especially 7-17 since everything fits in nicely.

11080 Snowboarding*
2Banjo Kazooie*
7Dr Mario 64
8Excitebike 64*
9F-Zero X*
10Goldeneye 007*
11Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards*
12Mario Golf*
13Mario Kart 64
14Mario Party 1*
15Mario Party 2*
16Mario Party 3*
17Mario Tennis
22Paper Mario*
23Pilotwings 64*
24Pokemon Puzzle League*
25Pokemon Snap*
26Pokemon Stadium*
27Pokemon Stadium 2*
29Sin & Punishment
30Star Fox 64
31Super Mario 64
33Wave Race*
34Win Back
36Yoshi's Story
37The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask*
38The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

That's pretty much it for first-party. Still hoping for Rayman 2 (perhaps together with Tonic Trouble?), Diddy Kong Racing, and maybe one or more of the Star Wars games.

That's pretty much it for first-party. Still hoping for Rayman 2 (perhaps together with Tonic Trouble?), Diddy Kong Racing, and maybe one or more of the Star Wars games.

There's still DK64, Smash Bros. and the Crusin' games but yeah, it's third parties/Rare from here on out lol

Updated this:
50G6p4I.png

Look at poor Ogre Battle 64 all by itself, it's the one N64 title released on Wii AND Wii U VC that still isn't available on NSO...

I think with Banjo and GoldenEye, there's a decent chance we see Perfect Dark. You said the slots for things after the data mine aren't set in stone, so that means slots 18-28 aren't locked down, right?

I think with Banjo and GoldenEye, there's a decent chance we see Perfect Dark. You said the slots for things after the data mine aren't set in stone, so that means slots 18-28 aren't locked down, right?

One thing going against Perfect Dark and Conker's Bad Fur Day for that matter is that they're M-Rated. Every NSO game thus far has been E to T Rated.

Though I heard somebody in another thread say that GE is actually age restricted on the app?

Problem with Perfect Dark is that is rated M, that alone makes it unlikely to show up;

GoldenEye is still T, which fits in the ESRB rating for all the NSO apps.

With GE being added to Rare Replay, I get the feeling MS wants to keep the rest of their Rare titles to themselves.

I'd say the baseline at this point is just Donkey Kong 64 (which is actually fully owned by Nintendo barring some Rare stuff in there), Diddy Kong Racing (most of the characters are owned by Microsoft but they can't put sell it in Rare Replay for obvious reasons) and Banjo-Tooie (it'd just be fucking weird not to have this when BK1 is there).

Beyond them, all that's left that isn't M-Rated are Blast Corps, Killer Instinct Gold and Jet Force Gemini. There's also Mickey's Speedway USA but that probably isn't happening anyways because lol Disney, and unlike Goldeneye there isn't that much fervant demand for it to warrant going through the trouble of working around the copyrights.

With GE being added to Rare Replay, I get the feeling MS wants to keep the rest of their Rare titles to themselves.
I guess I'm thinking they probably negotiated some list of Rare games to come to NSO over a year ago. We just only know about Banjo and GE so far.

Problem with Perfect Dark is that is rated M, that alone makes it unlikely to show up;

GoldenEye is still T, which fits in the ESRB rating for all the NSO apps.
That's a good point. They could address that technically though. If they want PD on there and worked out a deal with MS, they can make it work.

Having finally made the jump to Famiboards after being a lurker back on Era and a semi-active contributor on Install Base, I figured it'd only be appropriate that I bring across my NSO timeline graphic from the equivalent to this thread on Install Base; which is also now updated to August 2022 to boot. Here is said graphic, along with the full write up explaining everything:

8Za9Bof.png

Every dash along the two timelines is one day, the dash itself represents the day and the first day of every month has a bigger one than the others. The beginning of the timelines is October 2021 (the month the NSO Expansion Pack launched), and almost all NSO content is included.

While shown on the graphic, I would like to quickly run through the categorization system I used:
  • NSO+EP Nintendo 64 titles - The top-most row, games are outlined in Red. Generally uses the NTSC-U/C boxart for games, except in some instances where I think the PAL boxart looks nicer (Majora's Mask and Pokémon Snap).
  • NSO+EP Sega Genesis/Mega Drive titles - The second row from the top, games are outlined in Blue. Uses NTSC-U/C boxart for all games released in that region, NTSC-J for titles exclusive to the JP/HK NSO service (Puyo Puyo), and PAL for any other title (Super Fantasy Zone, Mega Man: The Wily Wars and Zero Wing).
  • NSO+EP DLC - The third from from the top, games are outlined in Green. This is the section for add-ons/DLC for other NSW software that is included in the Expansion Pack: Animal Crossing Happy Home Paradise, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass (each wave will be listed at the point where it is released) and, most recently added, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion.
Most base NSO content is also included, which collectively make up the bottom-most row:
  • NSO Famicom, FDS, NES, Super Famicom and SNES titles - All base NSO consoles are lumped together in this graphic, and games are outlined in Purple. Boxart for this section is a bit all over the place, in part due to varying sizes and orientations between the Western and Japanese boxarts. In general, western boxart is used if available (even in the case of Harvest Moon, which was only added to NSO Super Famicom, despite having an SNES release). An additional wrinkle is the addition of SP versions for games - these are shown seperately and just use the games logo to save space.
  • Tetris 99 Maximus Cups - Due to Tetris 99 originally being an NSO-only title until its physical release, and all online content still being locked behind NSO, I've included extra content for this game as well - outlined in Light Blue/Cyan. Every Maximus Cup (except the most recent one, Cup #30 - which is just a combined rerun of older ones) adds a theme to the game, and thus counts as additional content.
  • PAC-MAN 99 DLC - Similarly, PAC-MAN 99 is NSO-exclusive - and thus its various DLC packs are also NSO-exclusive; these are shown in Dark Grey.
  • Some content is not included: the voucher program, the NSO smartphone app, the extra Gem Apples in Super Kirby Clash and the various promotional items for Smash Ultimate. These are excluded due to either being non-applicable (in the case of the voucher program and mobile app) or hard to track down when each wave of "content" was released (in the case of Smash and Kirby).
Titles exclusive to a certain region on NSO are qualified with an extra section:
  • Titles exclusive to the Western and Korean versions of the NSO apps have the flags of: United States and Canada (together representing the NTSC-U/C region); the United Kingdom, European Union and a combined Australia/New Zealand flag (together representing PAL) and the Republic of Korea (which depending on the console is either classed as PAL-B or NTSC-K)
  • Titles exclusive to the Japanese and Hong Kong versions of the NSO apps have the flags of Japan and Hong Kong demarcating them.
  • These two groups are based on the Wikipedia page for the NSO apps, which I corroborated with the various NSO websites for the various regions involved. The rest of AMEA and the rest of the Americas likely do also fall into one of these two categories but there's only so much space for flags to demarcate regions.
----

Hopefully this graphic is helpful and illustrative - if the size of the image is too small, open the image in a new tab to get the full size (you may have to do this twice, because imgur can be a bit iffy sometimes). The Wikipedia page for Nintendo Switch Online games is a helpful resource to refer to if you aren't able to identify what a certain game is just by it's boxart.

As always, any suggestions on how to potentially improve it are always welcome! I'm considering also making an expanded year-by-year version that splits NSO Famicom/NES (which includes FDS games as well) and NSO Super Famicom/SNES into their own rows and streches all the way back to the original NSO launch back in September '18. And I'll update the image in this post each month when the monthly N64 game (and other content) gets added.
Ok so now that we have 18 games on the system and 9 more confirmed, the rest of the lineup is starting to pan out. I put astrisks for the games added after the data mine. Those spots shouldn't be considered set in stone, but a lot should make sense, especially 7-17 since everything fits in nicely.

11080 Snowboarding*
2Banjo Kazooie*
7Dr Mario 64
8Excitebike 64*
9F-Zero X*
10Goldeneye 007*
11Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards*
12Mario Golf*
13Mario Kart 64
14Mario Party 1*
15Mario Party 2*
16Mario Party 3*
17Mario Tennis
22Paper Mario*
23Pilotwings 64*
24Pokemon Puzzle League*
25Pokemon Snap*
26Pokemon Stadium*
27Pokemon Stadium 2*
29Sin & Punishment
30Star Fox 64
31Super Mario 64
33Wave Race*
34Win Back
36Yoshi's Story
37The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask*
38The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
There's still DK64, Smash Bros. and the Crusin' games but yeah, it's third parties/Rare from here on out lol

Updated this:
50G6p4I.png

Look at poor Ogre Battle 64 all by itself, it's the one N64 title released on Wii AND Wii U VC that still isn't available on NSO...

Just wanna give thanks to all y'all offering some very helpful infographs in processing the NSO Expansion Pass information and seeing that it's coming to a point where I feel more confident in staying subscribed come next year.

I wonder what games remain that could fill the four gaps between 1080 Snowboarding and Dr. Mario (depending where Banjo will ultimately lie), slots 18-21, 28 and 35 (if 32 is anything but Super Smash Brothers, we riot).

That frontrunner group, I can pull from a Wikipedia list (regardless of how likely) (**indicates precedence):
  • Army Men: Sarge's Heroes
  • Banjo Tooie
  • Beetle Adventure Racing
  • Blast Corps
  • Bomberman 64**
  • Bomberman Hero**
  • Castlevania
  • ClayFighter 63 1/2
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day
  • Cruis'n USA**
  • Cruis'n World
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Donkey Kong 64**
Second group, from Mario Tennis to Paper Mario, we have:
  • Mega Man 64
  • Mischief Makers
  • Mortal Kombat 4/Trilogy (tbh I'd rather they get added on the Genesis side)
  • Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
  • Mystical Ninja 2 Starring Goemon
  • Ogre Battle 64**
Slot 28 could be:
  • Power Rangers: Light Speed Rescue
  • Power Puff Girls
  • Quest 64
  • Rampage World Tour
  • Rampage 2 Universal Tour
  • Rayman 2: The Great Escape
  • Ridge Racer 64
  • Rugrats in Paris - The Movie
  • San Francisco Rush
  • Scooby-Doo! Classic Creep Capers
  • Shadowgate 64
  • Sim City 2000
Slot 32 could be Superman 64 Tony Hawk Pro Skater Top Gear Rally Turok Transformer: Beast Wars actually I'd be impressed if it were anything but SSB

Slot 35 could be:
  • Wipeout 64
  • Worms Armageddon
  • WWF Attitude/No Mercy/War Zone/Wrestlemania 2000
  • Xena: Warrior Princess

Back
Top Bottom