• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Nintendo privates the Switch OLED Model trailer on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
I went back to look at the trailers for fun and I couldn't find them on Nintendo's main page, Nintendo UK YouTube still has the OLED trailer up but not Lite and the American and Japanese YouTube have it private.

The original Nintendo Switch announcement video is still up however.

MOD EDIT: This was first posted by @LukasManak22 in this post. Additionally, the switch lite video going private happened a while ago.

The Lite announcement went private before the OLED reveal.

The OLED video going private is new.

EDIT: apparently The Lite went private a few days after the announcement not before.

Last edited:
"Wow it's nothing" is the first thing that come to mind, but...

Yeah...

Switch 2/Pro/New with a Metroid Prime 4 trailer is a lock. BELIEVE!

hooray-letsgo.gif

Interesting, but pretty meaningless if we don't know when they were privated... Did this just happen or did we just notice?
I just watched the OLED reveal video a couple days ago on the NA channel, so it just happened.

This means absolutely nothing lol
Yeah it doesn’t mean anything.

neither does the Splatoon 2 tournament taking next week off for no given reason

neither does Nintendo holding off on their first party announcements last month

Nothing means Anything. Everything means nothing.

This means... Nintendo has no faith in its products anymore. They'll go third party any day now.

That or a new Banjo Kazooie.

What would be a reason for making a video private? Especially a year old video.

The assumption that it would be for a new hardware reveal seems like confirmation bias, but at the same time, I don't have another explanation.

Or maybe the answer is "no reason". And that's pretty unsatisfying.

The assumption that it would be for a new hardware reveal seems like confirmation bias, but at the same time, I don't have another explanation.

Yea some Nintendo employee made these videos private, they didn’t just decide one day let’s make these videos private for no reason

They tend to private videos if they think it will confuse people searching for a new as-yet unreleased video. Like, if there's a Direct on February 8th 2038 and they're about to do a direct on February 8th 2040 they might private the 2038 video because when searching "February 8th direct" that one could come up first.

Assuming our Mutant Ant overlords allow Google to exist in the year 2038.

I viewed the trailer on Saturday. Went back and sure enough it was the same video now listed as private.

Maybe they don't want people confused by search engine when new hardware announced. If this end up being true maybe the hardware is a new switch model instead of switch sucessor.

Though it's better for people to keep expectation in check because it could mean nothing.

probably nothing
Apple does this to prevent confusion, a lot of people mistakenly watch reveals for older models instead of newer ones.

If this is an indication to a new Nintendo hardware, it also should indicate that their names will be similar. New Switch, perhaps?

On the other site, people pointed out about how Apple did something similar, right before they announced their new devices.

Again, they could've done it for a multitude of reasons, but it disappearing on multiple regions (though not all) is... peculiar, to say the least.

If they've made specifically the OLED and Lite videos private, but not the OG Switch one, they clearly are announcing a Lite OLED.

Or are discontinuing the Lite and the OLED due to the component shortage.

Happening bunker?

lol nah, I ain't gonna read anything into this. Without knowing when it went private, this really tells us nothing

The Switch Lite trailer has been private on NoA's YouTube since last July when OLED was revealed. The OLED trailer was privated just recently, however.

This means absolutely nothing lol
What an odd thing to say. Even ignoring what people have said about Nintendo doing this before a past hardware announcement, it's one thing to say we don't 100% know what exactly it means but delisting videos of products they're selling isn't something companies to every day.

The JP OLED Model Trailer is still up.

Interesting, I couldn't find it when I was looking for it on Youtube.

EDIT: As far as I can tell, the Lite video isn't on their channel anymore (at least it's not public).

The Switch Lite trailer has been private on NoA's YouTube since last July when OLED was revealed. The OLED trailer was privated just recently, however.
I was about to write this. Let’s see if the story repeats itself.

Quoted by: LiC
French & Spanish trailers are still up.

Nintendo Private, for people who like to play their Nintendo Switch in Private places.

Video starts with the sound of a toilet flush.
Reggie gets out of the toilets.
- Pfiew, I needed that. And it was fun.

Nintendo Private, 499 $, preorder opens tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom