• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Nintendo needs a Peach game

I'm not sure about a game series, but I'd be all for Peach taking a more active role in future Mario games. Obviously being a playable character a la Mario 2 & 3D World would be a obvious, but even just having her remaining a slightly more active character through out the game would be nice. Have her remain in the Mushroom Kingdom, have her give advice on how to pass obstacles, think like Zelda's Navi, Midna or King of Red Lions for example. And maybe the finale of the game could be having a Mushroom Kingdom-lead Airship Armada assaulting Bowser's Castle with Peach at the helm, that would be a nice role reversal from the norm.

Furthermore I'd go further and say they should stop having Bowser be the main antagonist each and every game. Have him take on a more similar role to King Dedede, maybe he remains a nuisance and gets used by the main villain from time to time. But have him not nessicarily be the final end goal of each and every game, have new antagonists fill that spot at least once and a while. Hell, even if they stuck to established villains seeing some of the RPG villains or even Wario as the main villain in a EPD Mario game would be sick.

Remember this?

MightiestMinions_MinionQuest.png

They could try this again, but actually make the game good, and have it focused on Peach as commander.
I remember it existing but never played it. It was no good?

Peach is okay as a playable character in games like 3D World, but she's really the least interesting woman from that universe. I'd much rather have a Rosalina or even Daisy game than Peach.

I liked the mode, reminded me a bit of Ogre Battle.

It just went on a bit too long and didn't have quite enough ideas to sustain its running time though.

Peach is okay as a playable character in games like 3D World, but she's really the least interesting woman from that universe. I'd much rather have a Rosalina or even Daisy game than Peach.
She looks very interesting based on what we've seen from the movie. Inject her game character with that kind of spunk and no one would be calling her plain or vanilla anymore.

I want a Peach game that is an evolution of SMB2, levels specifically designed for her floating skills. The SMB2 mechanics haven't really been incorporated in regular 2D Mario so it deserves to stand on its own.

And please don't make it as easy as SPP.

I'd love to see a spinoff series focused on the Mario girls. Luigi, Wario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Toad all have their offshoots - why not them?

I want a Peach game that is an evolution of SMB2, levels specifically designed for her floating skills. The SMB2 mechanics haven't really been incorporated in regular 2D Mario so it deserves to stand on its own.

And please don't make it as easy as SPP.
I'd like to see a new SMB2 game. And could have four characters with Peach, Daisy, Toaddete and Rosalina.

She looks very interesting based on what we've seen from the movie. Inject her game character with that kind of spunk and no one would be calling her plain or vanilla anymore.
Just because movie her has a spear and can kick doesn't make her interesting. All her dialogue thus far has been standard exposition fare.

Daisy is interesting because she is absolutely chewing the scenery even in the short appearances she makes with her screams. She also can punch and kick too.

Rosalina has the motherly calm to her which makes her a great contrast to the larger than life personalities all around her.

Wanted to make a joke that we need a Legend of the Galactic Heroes style space game starring Rosalina and Geno instead without realising that there's already tons of fanart of that premise. wtf.

ExgdAN0VoAMuLKP.jpg

I'm like 99% sure that's fanart for the long running "Something about" series rather than legend of the galactic heroes, though that might be where the inspiration for that came from for that series.

Skip to like 15 minutes in if you just want to see their Rosalina and Geno.

Last edited:
It wasn't the best. It mostly involves you doing absolutely nothing while your minions do all the work. The idea was solid enough, but the execution was naff.

This thread convinced me to finally play my copy of Super Princess Peach out of sheer curiosity.

….it’s…fine. You all weren’t kidding about how easy it is. I’ve only beaten the first world so far but I’m not getting the impression that it’ll blow me away later on. In regards to the misogyny - bit if a mixed bag so far. I like that she didn’t hesitate to be the hero. Some of the toads act like they won’t know what to do without Mario, but Peach just says she’ll take care of it herself and takes charge…but that’s not usually what people talk about. The emotion system is clearly an issue and just weird. I figured it’d have more of an explanation but it really ends up feeling like “oh you can just make Peach go through mood swings”. So yeah, not great.

This thread convinced me to finally play my copy of Super Princess Peach out of sheer curiosity.

….it’s…fine. You all weren’t kidding about how easy it is. I’ve only beaten the first world so far but I’m not getting the impression that it’ll blow me away later on. In regards to the misogyny - bit if a mixed bag so far. I like that she didn’t hesitate to be the hero. Some of the toads act like they won’t know what to do without Mario, but Peach just says she’ll take care of it herself and takes charge…but that’s not usually what people talk about. The emotion system is clearly an issue and just weird. I figured it’d have more of an explanation but it really ends up feeling like “oh you can just make Peach go through mood swings”. So yeah, not great.
It never evolves past that. It never tries to really mix and match emotions or put them into interesting combos. It ends as it starts with a dumb joke.

Plus the Parasol's story
has no pay off, so get ready to be disappointed there.

The most interesting thing to me about the game is that the enemies reflect these emotions too and there was honestly so much more that could be done with that puzzle-wise.

There's just no depth in the game. I don't know what the directors thought was about this, and what she was accomplishing. Such a wasted opportunity.

All this talk about Super Princess Peach and I've seen only one person give a passing mention to the parasol in this thread. Weird.

The emotion powers felt like an afterthought, yes, but Perry the Parasol was actually cool as a gameplay mechanic. In the game, you could:
  • swing him around to beat up enemies
  • use him as a parachute to float over gaps
  • charge and shoot energy blasts from his face
  • use him to pick enemies up and carry them (and even "swallow" them like Kirby)
  • transform him into a submarine for underwater shoot-em-up segments
  • use him as a boat to float across water
  • hop into his canopy and ride him on grind rails ala Sonic Rush
  • upgrade him to be even stronger
Perry was a "Swiss Army parasol" who could be used for a variety of situations, much like how FLUDD and Cappy could be used for things that weren't cleaning paint and stylish headwear respectively. Should they attempt another sidescroller starring the princess, they should drop the emotion stuff and turn the parasol stuff up to eleven. I think that could be a really fun and unique play style for Peach, like DK's rolling and barrel-blasting and Yoshi's making eggs and throwing eggs.

Last edited:
Super Princess Peach is my FIRST game on the DS. I really liked it, the game is very relax, I even 100% it (catching starfy is a pain in the ass but I've done it).

Make a character action game starring Peach, with lots of sass as she juggles Goombas in long, complicated combos. She could use her umbrella as a weapon (that in itself allows for a lot of possibilities, like using it as a sword, using the handle to pull enemies, opening it as a shield or for parries....) and summon other inhabitants of the Mushroom Kingdom for combos (Toads, Yoshis...). It could even have an unlockable Bayonetta skin :D
This would really put out there her "down-for-business"/"not-a-damsel-in-distress anymore" personality and back it up with her own original series, rather than just making a 2D Mario platformer without Mario.

My wife’s currently playing Super princess Peach and is really enjoying it and my nieces are always fighting over who gets to be peach when we play Mario Party so I think there’s definitely room for a sub series of peach games.

All this talk about Super Princess Peach and I've seen only one person give a passing mention to the parasol in this thread. Weird.

The emotion powers felt like an afterthought, yes, but Perry the Parasol was actually cool as a gameplay mechanic. In the game, you could:
  • swing him around to beat up enemies
  • use him as a parachute to float over gaps
  • charge and shoot energy blasts from his face
  • use him to pick enemies up and carry them (and even "swallow" them like Kirby)
  • transform him into a submarine for underwater shoot-em-up segments
  • use him as a boat to float across water
  • hop into his canopy and ride him on grind rails ala Sonic Rush
  • upgrade him to be even stronger
Perry was a "Swiss Army parasol" who could be used for a variety of situations, much like how FLUDD and Cappy could be used for things that weren't cleaning paint and stylish headwear respectively. Should they attempt another sidescroller starring the princess, they should drop the emotion stuff and turn the parasol stuff up to eleven. I think that could be a really fun and unique play style for Peach, like DK's rolling and barrel-blasting and Yoshi's making eggs and throwing eggs.
There are two major critiques I can give to the use if Perry in Super Princess Peach:
  1. Every semblance of story outside of the intro and the ending is given to Perry. Now, lots of Mario games lack story, and some do have a secondary character take prominence, like Rosalina in Galaxy and arguably Cappy in Odyssey, so it's not inherently a problem. But it's pretty wild that, in Peach's sole game, it's the male parasol given the attention and not her.
  2. As Mer.Saloon mentioned, Perry's story receives no resolution. This is made more painful by the fact that there is a secret option on the Perry cutscene menu has a secret option only unlocked with 100% completion, which requires playing most of the game's stages twice and redoing most of the puzzles to find new collectibles in the same places as the Toads you already found...only for said option to be an unlimited vibe meter instead, after you already fully cleared every level and have no reason to use unlimited vibes. When I was a kid, I played the game for so long to get everything hoping to get some resolution, only to get greeted by that. Absolutely crushed.
None of these are critiques of Perry mechanically. The choice of parasol as the signature tool is a fitting one and facilitates the more combat and puzzle solving approach. Admittedly, some of the moves are things that Peach can just do on her own (floating in the air, swimming, ground pound, grabbing and throwing enemies), but that's just the surface, and a magical tool that can be as graceful and elegant as Peach herself is a great start.

I remember a brief, wonderful period where it was speculated abotu whether Peach would be playable in the post-game of Mario Odyssey

What a beautiful few days that was

Peach getting her own game is the only way to make up for that nonsense
Addendum: this better be good

So yeah I was wrong and they're making a peach game in the end and it looks pretty good. They're giving her the Luigi's mansion treatment which is what I wanted instead of just making a platformer with peach instead of Mario.

The jury is still out on whether Plum will appear in Untitled Peach Game but I remain hopeful

Congrats OP!! This was a huge shock but it is great to finally see a new Peach game. I'm curious how it plays when they show gameplay later.

Back
Top Bottom