• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do jellyfish reproduce anyway?
They can make little polyps that can split up into more polyps, or they can release their sperm and eggs into the water and have zygotes form there. And there's also more, uhh, unconventional methods.

NPyLpOQ.jpg

oh shit the feds are raiding famiboards!!

meet the Featheral Birdeau, determined antagonists who would rather be obliterated than leave you (plus an old man and a literal child) alone

left to right:
  • Birdeau Grunt
  • Agent Mildew
  • Agent Poultry
  • Agent Violence
  • Agent Arms
tune in to find out which one of them is actually trying and how the weight of expectation, singular drive, and towering hubris can have unbelievably horrible consequences!
Agent Arms: has no arms

I have been horribly lied to

My conversion to weebdom continues with Garden of Words by Makoto Shinkai.

Beautiful film, both visually and narratively. Exquisite sense of place and atmosphere, and a moving character study.

Have also reached the point where I search every Asian grocery I can find on a quest to taste every flavour of Strong Zero.
Garden of Words might honestly be my favorite of his works. The water in that film looks both naturally and otherworldly beautiful, like a distillation of all the quiet days you're tucked up in a corner listening to the pitter patter of raindrops on the window.

when do these characters get Amiibos
When we successfully petition them into Smash.

Ya know
People have been saying that the next Smash will have to go in a very different direction in order to differentiate itself from Ultimate. What better way to set it apart from its predecessors than to embrace the ả̴̳ḅ̵̒͠y̴̬̥̌̓̒̔͝s̴̮̦͇͉̰̚͝͝s̵̨͈̭͍͔̭̠͙͋̃͆̂̅?

The Autism Summit I was invited to be part of has launched their webpage! It's freaking surreal to see myself up there with some of the legends of the neurodiverse community.

Sorry, I hope this doesn't come across as tasteless advertising, I just can't help but gush haha

Last edited:
The Autism Summit I was invited to be part of has launched their webpage! It's freaking surreal to see myself up there with some of the legends of the field.

Sorry, I hope this doesn't come across as tasteless advertising, I just can't help but gush haha
*deep breath*

wooooooooooooooooo!!!

Liking my steam deck so far, but I will say this:

If you're used to plug n' play then you're in for a stressful time. Also I emphasize that it is a handheld, the docking capabilities so far are horrible. I'm playing gtaV and it looks low res and has black bars on the side.

I'm not here to shit on the Steam Deck but, I think it was overhyped. However, I have to say the handheld experience is second to none.
It's definitely less a hybrid and more a handheld PC, that's for sure. Once you've got it all set up, it can act quite well in the role of the former, too, but out of the box it ain't great in that regard.

The Autism Summit I was invited to be part of has launched their webpage! It's freaking surreal to see myself up there with some of the legends of the neurodiverse community.

That's awesome!!! Big congrats, and major props for your advocacy. I recently read the "Strength in numbers" blog entry you posted in the Creative Endeavors ST, and I greatly admire not only your desire to speak openly about your experiences, but also to encourage young folks who feel alone, to seek out those of similar lived experience, and develop that vital sense of belonging. Thanks for doing what you do!

That's awesome!!! Big congrats, and major props for your advocacy. I recently read the "Strength in numbers" blog entry you posted in the Creative Endeavors ST, and I greatly admire not only your desire to speak openly about your experiences, but also to encourage young folks who feel alone, to seek out those of similar lived experience, and develop that vital sense of belonging. Thanks for doing what you do!
Thank you so much. This really means a lot to me. :)
I figure the world changes one little bit at a time, so if I can, in my own small way, help be part of the change, then I'll do my best.

Agent Arms: has no arms

I have been horribly lied to
for now

though tweeps do not have arms and do not know what arms are, I can assure you that she is extremely accurately named

congratulations!!! that’s so cool, shout out to you for your continued activism and advocacy — that’s the good shit

it must feel great to be recognized for that among such a stellar group!

I‘m in Germany (Konstanz) today and seriously Cyclists over there think they own the place. First time I‘m actually angry about them and I myself cycle very often and don‘t even own a car.
I just escaped in a park and now I‘m hiding behind a tree from those mean bikers, playing Xenoblade 3 until my train goes back to Zürich.

I‘m in Germany (Konstanz) today and seriously Cyclists over there think they own the place. First time I‘m actually angry about them and I myself cycle very often and don‘t even own a car.
I just escaped in a park and now I‘m hiding behind a tree from those mean bikers, playing Xenoblade 3 until my train goes back to Zürich.
That's the norm over here. Willkommen, and sincere condolences on top of that.

I am all about that splat sword

My project now has a title (semi-permanent?) and a new thumbnail (better I think?)

Bj3evw.png

Wish I had Suswave's font/logo skills/creativity.

Last edited:
Oh whoops, I thought the Splatoon 3 direct was at 10am EST lmao

I'll watch it, but I still don't think I'm getting the game. Hopefully there's at least a Testfire so I can get the itch out of my system

Splatoon 3 seems neat but I don’t think I’m gonna get it. I would if I had a “Splatoon Crew” but nah, no one in my life wants to play that

It’s almost like a flex at this point. Every other game is getting delayed and the second half of this year is a ghost town on PlayStation and Xbox.

And here comes Nintendo with another big release. It’s no surprise Deck fanboys keep bringing up Switch emulation, they hell else are they gonna play on the thing?

Splatoon 3 seems neat but I don’t think I’m gonna get it. I would if I had a “Splatoon Crew” but nah, no one in my life wants to play that
Same here. I still have 2's single player story mode and DLC to play anyway, if I ever want a Splatoon fix I'll play that. Plus I'm sure they won't be shutting the servers down for 2 anytime soon.

@Brofield I tried power wash simulator on game pass and it’s surprisingly fun. Will definitely pick it up when I get my steam deck
It's so good

I'm glad you enjoy it! It's honestly such a great pallette cleanser between games and if it were at all possible to implement motion controls with Joycons using gyro to aim and twin joysticks to move and pivot, I know Switch or even VR would be the most ideal way to play

Now that it's three teams, they should have a Splatfest with a theme of "Who's objectively in the right here?" with the choices being the Three Houses lords. It would tear multiple fanbases apart at once!

I never ignore people no matter what outlandish shit they say, because the temptation is always too strong to click "view post" and see just what outlandish shit they said this time.

I only ever use ignore button if people post stuff that upsets me.

Why isn't my Twitter feed blowing up with Splatoon 3 art?

Oh that's right. I did the smart thing and not have a Twitter account.

@Skittzo lol I had not seen your updated post at all, I just started sketching the gag from the get go

When we successfully petition them into Smash.

Ya know
People have been saying that the next Smash will have to go in a very different direction in order to differentiate itself from Ultimate. What better way to set it apart from its predecessors than to embrace the ả̴̳ḅ̵̒͠y̴̬̥̌̓̒̔͝s̴̮̦͇͉̰̚͝͝s̵̨͈̭͍͔̭̠͙͋̃͆̂̅?
if there’s one thing I’m probably never gonna make, it’s a multiplayer-focused 2D platform broslike brawler

no matter what you do in that space, you’re living in a shadow

something more like Nidhogg II, maybe! but definitely not a Smash clone

that said, I wouldn’t say no to having one of my lil guys present in some capacity… but that’s also definitely not likely

I have a confession to make and I'm not sure where else to make it. I watched Porco Rosso for the first time over the weekend, and it was fucking incredible! I love Princess Monoke and I honestly think Spirited Away is one of the best movies ever made, but I think Porco Rosso might just be as good as Princess Monoke. Is that wrong? Am I now a weeb? What do I do now? I can list the anime that I like, it won't be a long list, but, should I be worried that I'm starting to weeb out?

(Don't take this post 100 percent serious, except for the Porco Rosso part. I genuily loved every second of it.)

I have a confession to make and I'm not sure where else to make it. I watched Porco Rosso for the first time over the weekend, and it was fucking incredible! I love Princess Monoke and I honestly think Spirited Away is one of the best movies ever made, but I think Porco Rosso might just be as good as Princess Monoke. Is that wrong? Am I now a weeb? What do I do now? I can list the anime that I like, it won't be a long list, but, should I be worried that I'm starting to weeb out?

(Don't take this post 100 percent serious, except for the Porco Rosso part. I genuily loved every second of it.)
Movie is so good! Up in my top 5 Ghibli films. Also anything with Michael Keaton’s voice is gold.

Hope Splatoon fans liked the Direct, just looked it up and Big Man is easily the coolest Splatoon character for me, mostly because of the name

read this as “Up is in my top 5 Ghibli films” and got calculus brainfreeze
Up is that good though. It could be a top 5 Ghibli film. I don't cry watching too many movies, but I balled like a baby watching Up. And I was a grown ass 30 something when that happened. Ah, who am I kidding, I've never been a grown ass anything. Never will be either, dammit! You can't make me adult.

@Suswave So not only did a make a Tweep (is that the final name? who can say?) but I made it into an enemy. And gave it a fez.

xYAhfn7.png

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom