• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching Phineas Fletcher sing Green Day songs right now and why is this actually good

I just beat Paper Mario.

20220805_183648.jpg
We now welcome you into the greater community of Paper Mario completionists. It is now your duty to aggressively challenge any PM slander.

caught in a landslide
no escape from the Eryth Sea
Lmfao, I bought Xenoblade DE a year ago and played up until Eryth Sea, got bored for some reason and dropped the game.

Then I booted it up yesterday and realized hey I enjoy this... I'm at the final chapters now.

(I escaped 😶‍🌫️)

Anyone who unironically complains about things being "woke" should be hit in the face with a brick.
I love to ironically complain about things being woke when it’s completely unrelated. I had a program crash on me at work recently and I said to someone “ah, it crashed. I’m getting cancelled by the woke left.”

The best thing I think one could do to combat that shit is to 1) turn it into a joke 2) run that joke directly into the ground.

I love to ironically complain about things being woke when it’s completely unrelated. I had a program crash on me at work recently and I said to someone “ah, it crashed. I’m getting cancelled by the woke left.”

The best thing I think one could do to combat that shit is to 1) turn it into a joke 2) run that joke directly into the ground.
Joke the Woke

Anyone who unironically complains about things being "woke" should be hit in the face with a brick.
Fun fact the actual dictionary description of woke is merely “someone who is aware of social issues and racial injustice”

So yeah using it as a hatred filled catchall that means nothing is annoying as heck

Fun fact the actual dictionary description of woke is merely “someone who is aware of social issues and racial injustice”

So yeah using it as a hatred filled catchall that means nothing is annoying as heck
Yeah the news today was showing footage from CPAC because of the.. bullshit special guest they had, and there were banners across the stage that read "AWAKE, NOT WOKE" like it was some catchy slogan.
I wanted to facepalm so deeply that the only way it would've been achievable is if my hand had passed through my face in a vaporous state.

I literally just beat Xenoblade 1. Now I get what the fuss is all about. Hot damn. Also I'm glad my Bionicle comparison held up all the way to the end.

I read some minor details about how Xenoblade 3 is connected and had to close the tab, I'm just gonna buy the damn game now. If it's even half as good ill be happy.

I literally just beat Xenoblade 1. Now I get what the fuss is all about. Hot damn. Also I'm glad my Bionicle comparison held up all the way to the end.

I read some minor details about how Xenoblade 3 is connected and had to close the tab, I'm just gonna buy the damn game now. If it's even half as good ill be happy.
It's much more than half as good. 👍

Cancel culture is obviously real and we, the wokes, are to blame.

Proof:

introducing Brick on a Stick for all your bricking needs

Anyone know any good iPad games? Preferably free and playable offline. I remember old stuff like Subway Surfers and Into the Dead, not sure if they’re still free/available/playable offline

alright you sick freaks, I got Xenoblade 3 even though I truly hated the way 2 was and I couldn’t abide it long enough to play it

because it sounds toned down from that and also like people are having a blast with it

hope I don’t regret

I’m also only like 10 hours into the first one, should I uh… do something about that? I can’t get the chain attack timing right to beat metal boi solid in the glowpits

alright you sick freaks, I got Xenoblade 3 even though I truly hated the way 2 was and I couldn’t abide it long enough to play it

because it sounds toned down from that and also like people are having a blast with it

hope I don’t regret

I’m also only like 10 hours into the first one, should I uh… do something about that? I can’t get the chain attack timing right to beat metal boi solid in the glowpits
Don't. If you don't want to play the first Xenoblade Chronicles, a good rule of thumb is to not play a video game that you don't really want to play (even if you feel that you should "complete it first").

Besides, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is separate from the other games as the devs themselves have said.

So take that as a neat opportunity.

IMHO

This makes me want to play Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Seriously, has anyone listened to a song from another game and said: "Yup, that's the game I'm going to play later!"

Played it back on the PS4. It's also a game I want for the steam deck. Even though I have easy access to the PS5 version. I want it portably

Don't. If you don't want to play the first Xenoblade Chronicles, a good rule of thumb is to not play a video game that you don't really want to play (even if you feel that you should "complete it first").

Besides, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is separate from the other games as the devs themselves have said.

So take that as a neat opportunity.

IMHO
okay but like… I’m also enjoying Xenobing Chroniclese One

and they’re telegraphing the kinds of plot twists I really wanna see them pull off

I just got a lil stuck is all

Last edited:
believe me I am a maximum proponent of not playing video games you don’t want to play

Holy shit, this song is bopping

Tangentially related, but the fact that (as far as we know) fuck all is being done to capitalise on Rising's resurgence of popularity is downright insane.

okay but like… I’m also enjoying Xenobing Chroniclese One

and they’re telegraphing the kinds of plotstwists I really wanna see them pull off

I just got a lil stuck is all
I also got stuck on that game but really wanted to actually experience the plot. I had no qualms with enabling Casual Mode and playing with it on the rest of the way through. Getting through that story entirely unspoiled was worth it.

Tangentially related, but the fact that (as far as we know) fuck all is being done to capitalise on Rising's resurgence of popularity is downright insane.
As far as we know.

It's still quite early into the Metal Gear Rising... Resurgence.

Ba-dum tss!

I also got stuck on that game but really wanted to actually experience the plot. I had no qualms with enabling Casual Mode and playing with it on the rest of the way through. Getting through that story entirely unspoiled was worth it.
my face when there’s a casual mode I did not know about

- _ -

• v •

hope I don’t regret

It's been a while since I played Xenoblade 1 but in that boss battle, when you initiate the chain attack, you need to pick specific moves/arts to make boss vulnerable. Shulk has an art that will induce "break". Reyn will have an art that will induce "topple". And I am not sure if you have access to a "topple" art yet. So when you initiate the chain attack while playing as Shulk, have him use the break move and then have Reyn use the topple move. Break, topple, daze is the fundamental combo of the Xenoblade series. Break allows the enemy to be toppled. Topple will incapacitate the enemy. Daze further extends that period. The sequels build on top of this by adding more actions you take after daze.

I used to do this a lot.

FOMO and all.
no worries! I appreciate the sentiment! and my memory is shit but I think I might have been one of the forum voices trying to lob that wisdom your way long, long ago…

As far as we know.

It's still quite early into the Metal Gear Rising... Resurgence.

Ba-dum tss!
Yeah, I know; even a straightforward remaster would take longer just to be announced but, like... make some merch, dammit. Stop designing Silent Hill skateboards (which is the kind of sentence that should only exist in fever dreams, by the way) and print some Armstrong t-shirts or something, I don't know.

It's been a while since I played Xenoblade 1 but in that boss battle, when you initiate the chain attack, you need to pick specific moves/arts to make boss vulnerable. Shulk has an art that will induce "break". Reyn will have an art that will induce "topple". And I am not sure if you have access to a "topple" art yet. So when you initiate the chain attack while playing as Shulk, have him use the break move and then have Reyn use the topple move. Break, topple, daze is the fundamental combo of the Xenoblade series. Break allows the enemy to be toppled. Topple will incapacitate the enemy. Daze further extends that period. The sequels build on top of this by adding more actions you take after daze.
This this this ↑↑↑

@Suswave break > topple > daze is your friend. They're status effects that are induced by arts (like poison or whatever in more traditional JRPGs) but they stack into a bigass combo if done in the right order. As long as your party has arts that induce those things the AI should follow along once you inflict the first one. And in a chain attack, that's your chance to deliberately set the whole combo yourself.

Also if I'm not mistaken I think there's an art you can do that breaks the Mechon armor temporarily, and if you start off a chain attack with that it'll last for the whole duration of the chain attack. IIRC that's one of the points of the chain attack in that particular battle.

I wonder whether we'll also see Nier Replicant make its way over to Switch. Potentially depends on how well Automata will do when launching on the platform, I suppose.

I'm torn on if I should continue my Replicant playthrough on PC or hope for a port to Switch somewhere down the line.

I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and my biggest issue after the gross and ridiculous sexualization is needing certain skills to advance the main plot. It's ground my game to a halt at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom