• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

meatbag

Koopa
How do jellyfish reproduce anyway?
They can make little polyps that can split up into more polyps, or they can release their sperm and eggs into the water and have zygotes form there. And there's also more, uhh, unconventional methods.

NPyLpOQ.jpg

oh shit the feds are raiding famiboards!!

meet the Featheral Birdeau, determined antagonists who would rather be obliterated than leave you (plus an old man and a literal child) alone

left to right:
  • Birdeau Grunt
  • Agent Mildew
  • Agent Poultry
  • Agent Violence
  • Agent Arms
tune in to find out which one of them is actually trying and how the weight of expectation, singular drive, and towering hubris can have unbelievably horrible consequences!
Agent Arms: has no arms

I have been horribly lied to

My conversion to weebdom continues with Garden of Words by Makoto Shinkai.

Beautiful film, both visually and narratively. Exquisite sense of place and atmosphere, and a moving character study.

Have also reached the point where I search every Asian grocery I can find on a quest to taste every flavour of Strong Zero.
Garden of Words might honestly be my favorite of his works. The water in that film looks both naturally and otherworldly beautiful, like a distillation of all the quiet days you're tucked up in a corner listening to the pitter patter of raindrops on the window.

chocolate_supra

Must proceed at a high velocity #TeamDecade
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
when do these characters get Amiibos
When we successfully petition them into Smash.

Ya know
People have been saying that the next Smash will have to go in a very different direction in order to differentiate itself from Ultimate. What better way to set it apart from its predecessors than to embrace the ả̴̳ḅ̵̒͠y̴̬̥̌̓̒̔͝s̴̮̦͇͉̰̚͝͝s̵̨͈̭͍͔̭̠͙͋̃͆̂̅?

curl-6

Like Like
Pronouns
he/him
The Autism Summit I was invited to be part of has launched their webpage! It's freaking surreal to see myself up there with some of the legends of the neurodiverse community.

Sorry, I hope this doesn't come across as tasteless advertising, I just can't help but gush haha

Last edited:

chocolate_supra

Must proceed at a high velocity #TeamDecade
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
The Autism Summit I was invited to be part of has launched their webpage! It's freaking surreal to see myself up there with some of the legends of the field.

Sorry, I hope this doesn't come across as tasteless advertising, I just can't help but gush haha
*deep breath*

wooooooooooooooooo!!!

Imitatio

uncaged
Founder
FamiGold
Liking my steam deck so far, but I will say this:

If you're used to plug n' play then you're in for a stressful time. Also I emphasize that it is a handheld, the docking capabilities so far are horrible. I'm playing gtaV and it looks low res and has black bars on the side.

I'm not here to shit on the Steam Deck but, I think it was overhyped. However, I have to say the handheld experience is second to none.
It's definitely less a hybrid and more a handheld PC, that's for sure. Once you've got it all set up, it can act quite well in the role of the former, too, but out of the box it ain't great in that regard.

Aurc

Thoha
Pronouns
He/Him
The Autism Summit I was invited to be part of has launched their webpage! It's freaking surreal to see myself up there with some of the legends of the neurodiverse community.

That's awesome!!! Big congrats, and major props for your advocacy. I recently read the "Strength in numbers" blog entry you posted in the Creative Endeavors ST, and I greatly admire not only your desire to speak openly about your experiences, but also to encourage young folks who feel alone, to seek out those of similar lived experience, and develop that vital sense of belonging. Thanks for doing what you do!

curl-6

Like Like
Pronouns
he/him
That's awesome!!! Big congrats, and major props for your advocacy. I recently read the "Strength in numbers" blog entry you posted in the Creative Endeavors ST, and I greatly admire not only your desire to speak openly about your experiences, but also to encourage young folks who feel alone, to seek out those of similar lived experience, and develop that vital sense of belonging. Thanks for doing what you do!
Thank you so much. This really means a lot to me. :)
I figure the world changes one little bit at a time, so if I can, in my own small way, help be part of the change, then I'll do my best.

Top Bottom