• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After having a chance to look at tactics ogre reborn, it looks promising. Never heard of it till it got leaked a while back and I am in for more tactical goodness. Despite that I’ll probably have my steam deck by the time it comes out, I have the switch physical pre ordered and will be playing it on switch. Still trying to stay true for some games on switch and this game will be one of them

It looks like right up my ally

I just started Xenoblade 3, I'm about an hour in which I assume is long enough to form a complete opinion

I didn't play 2 but I would say the opening of this one is considerably stronger than 1. The setting seems more specific, the music is great, the combat is honestly so far pretty similar but cleaner and more polished (as I suppose one would expect for a decade-later sequel). But honestly it's mostly a vibe thing
I also felt good, holistic vibes from the off, despite the fact it has generally been a slow paced affair. If anything, the slow pace is very helpful, because I intend to keep playing and will do as much as possible; that'll take months. It's been a steady upward curve for me.

I don't check this thread often, but page 14 was some wild 𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖊 𝖇𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖓𝖟𝖆, and now I've skipped ahead to 22 and I'm sad it's over.

After having a chance to look at tactics ogre reborn, it looks promising. Never heard of it till it got leaked a while back and I am in for more tactical goodness. Despite that I’ll probably have my steam deck by the time it comes out, I have the switch physical pre ordered and will be playing it on switch. Still trying to stay true for some games on switch and this game will be one of them

It looks like right up my ally
I hope you like it. The prequel side-story Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis on the GBA was my introduction to this style of SRPG and I've loved the genre ever since. When the TO remake was announced for the PSP I remember fervently following any news on it I could find and hoping SE would bring it over which they did. It quickly shot up as my favorite SRPG and was even the first PSP game I downloaded on my Vita.

I hope you like it. The prequel side-story Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis on the GBA was my introduction to this style of SRPG and I've loved the genre ever since. When the TO remake was announced for the PSP I remember fervently following any news on it I could find and hoping SE would bring it over which they did. It quickly shot up as my favorite SRPG and was even the first PSP game I downloaded on my Vita.
I started getting into these games thanks to fire emblem and been looking for more of them to find. Triangle strategy was such a joy to play earlier this year and I hoped advanced wars would have been out by now. I’m always up for trying new games from this genre and and this one looks cool to me. Releases right next to god of war but I’m still gonna get it day one as well despite that.

This makes me want to play Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Hope you can play it when you’ll receive that sweet PS5. Wonderful, wonderful game. The best combat system ever made for an action RPG, right next to Xenoblade 2 and Tales of Arise.

Speaking of Final Fantasy, how come it's August 6th (August 7th in 10 minutes, actually) and the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters still hasn't been announced on Switch?

Wanted to buy a lava lamp straight from the manufacturer. Seems due to supply chain issues, they aren't taking any orders at the moment. Shame.

Overheard part of a (loud and out of context) phone conversation at a red light:

“Yeah my family hates me now but my credit score went up 30 points!”

Overheard part of a (loud and out of context) phone conversation at a red light:

“Yeah my family hates me now but my credit score went up 30 points!”
As someone who has already written off his family:
AdeptHandyChupacabra-size_restricted.gif

Had some promotional credit on Amazon so got Nier Replicant for $9. Figure it’s a good way to either prep for automata on switch or maybe get it on PS4.

Dang, Digimon Survive’s made it to #3 on the eShop (US). Crayon Shin-chan to #8. Edit: shame that LAL has begun to drop tho

Well this is extremely dangerous. Loved the sd Gundam battle alliance demo, totally my kind of game and it scratches the same kind of itch for me edf does. Sigh if only it wasn’t so pricy and digital only. Well I do have 17$ in gold coins and I can get a $50 GC for 45 from Costco. We’ll see if I have the time at the end of the month, I may be fully engrossed in xbc3 still.
Now, jump into FEWTH or do a run of little Noah first….

So I know I often tout the connection from Chrono Trigger to Xenogears to Xenoblade, but goddammit I didn't expect literal fuckin Magus to be in XB3 😳

I finished a 20 turn Mario Party game and somehow only moved 75 spaces total. Less than 4 spaces per turn on average.

(I won by 3 stars)

I don't check this thread often, but page 14 was some wild 𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖊 𝖇𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖓𝖟𝖆, and now I've skipped ahead to 22 and I'm sad it's over.
some thread regulars came forward as having horse-related fear or trauma, which makes loads of sense because horses are a fucking menace

so I was more than happy to retire from major league horseposting for the common good!! and once again I am so so sorry!!

Hope you can play it when you’ll receive that sweet PS5. Wonderful, wonderful game. The best combat system ever made for an action RPG, right next to Xenoblade 2 and Tales of Arise.
I really didn't like the combat at first, but after around 5h, it really started working for me. Now I'd even go as far as to say that it's up there with the best in the genre, yeah. ToA and XB2 definitely are up there, too.
Tifa has been a blast to play as in particular. Love, love, love her moveset, it's just so snappy and satisfyingly ... crunchy, if you will. Great stuff.

so a few weeks ago we ended up visiting my partner’s family as COVID-safely as possible — rented a car for a week — and to avoid staying in a hotel, etc, we drove the entire 20+ hour trip in one fell swoop, both ways.

and despite being menaced by them the entire time, we didn’t hit a deer… until the day we took a much shorter three-hour drive to see a different tangent of the forebears

and it was terrifying and I did my best maneuvering to minimize damage and keep us all safe

but the best part… was that my partner had queued up In the Air Tonight — the Donkey Kong Country version

and we hit the deer right about at the drum break

so a few weeks ago we ended up visiting my partner’s family as COVID-safely as possible — rented a car for a week — and to avoid staying in a hotel, etc, we drove the entire 20+ hour trip in one fell swoop, both ways.

and despite being menaced by them the entire time, we didn’t hit a deer… until the day we took a much shorter three-hour drive to see a different tangent of the forebears

and it was terrifying and I did my best maneuvering to minimize damage and keep us all safe

but the best part… was that my partner had queued up In the Air Tonight — the Donkey Kong Country version

This is both horrible and thoroughly amazing

I've come to expect nothing less from you

Remember how people were convinced that if we got any version of P5 on Switch it would be the original version and not P5R? What was up with that? Anyway, just under 3 months till we have P5R on Switch! I’m more excited for that than Soul Hackers 2 and I already played P5R on PS5.

Remember how people were convinced that if we got any version of P5 on Switch it would be the original version and not P5R? What was up with that? Anyway, just under 3 months till we have P5R on Switch! I’m more excited for that than Soul Hackers 2 and I already played P5R on PS5.
I feel that. I am pretty excited for SH2, but I also feel an itch to do another P5 playthrough. For me, I’m just not sure there’s any other game that’s as cozy and warm-blanket-y.

But I have tons of other things to play and that’s not exactly a short endeavor so I’ll probably wait a while still.

Spent the whole day playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 whoops.

Went from chapter 4 to chapter 7 and

man
At first I read this as XC3 and was going to be VERY impressed with your speed. Although that’s not small in 2, either. Mmm Chapter 6-7 is when so much good stuff starts to happen

If you were ok with Kid Icarus controls, you won't have problems with Command, they're pretty similar. Command has a turn based strategy aspect also, using stylus.

Best part of Command was the multiplayer, they really nailed that part down. I remember playing countless hours of it online.
Thanks, I end up grabbing it. I was looking at the game stands in a festival and the price for DS games really exploded. For example I bought the DS Castlevania games there for around 20$ complete a couple years ago but now they are 90 loose

That’s a shame, I always like buying used DS games since I was a bit late to the party for that console, plus with cartridges you don’t have to stress about scratches. Hopefully the other DS games I missed end up coming to modern platforms eventually

Well that’s cool, she’s a tank with a binary meter where when filled her offensive stats double but she also gets a lot of taunts and she reverts back to normal when block hits zero

Would really like to know when the Switch version will be out. This is the kind of game I would appreciate having portable for the sake of convenience. But depending on how late the port is, I will probably be able to get it for much cheaper on Xbox by then.

Wish it was day and date, but wdywd.

So I decided to watch the original Star Trek series for the very first time recently and I am really liking it so far for someone whose only experience with Star Trek has been the newer movies

Star Trek has always been supremely cool

a very progressive look towards the future
Might watch the other series once I’m done with the original. Always wanted to watch the original but never had a way to watch it in order till I got paramount plus not too long ago

Hah it’s funny with the groove I got in I’d jump into Digimon cybersleuth Hackers memory if it I didn’t have xbc3 first XD. I’ll start that tomorrow probably, wanted to see if I could get in some FEWTH time today first.

Also I’m pretty sold on SD Gundam Battle Alliance after the demo. Just need to see where I’m at when it releases
So I decided to watch the original Star Trek series for the very first time recently and I am really liking it so far for someone whose only experience with Star Trek has been the newer movies
Classic trek is a vibe. As someone who went through TOS and TNG quite a while back and then DS9, Voyager and Enterprise like 5 years ago, enjoy the ride

Would really like to know when the Switch version will be out. This is the kind of game I would appreciate having portable for the sake of convenience. But depending on how late the port is, I will probably be able to get it for much cheaper on Xbox by then.

Wish it was day and date, but wdywd.
It's Virtuos so it'll take some serious time. Dark Souls had 6 months of delay while The Outer Worlds had been delayed 3 times, launched 8 months after the console release.

I'd expect Midnight Suns around summer 2023.

You know, with the number of Namco Bandai games we’ve already gotten on previous NSO systems, it’d be fun if we got ridge racer 64. Especially since wasn’t Nintendo involved in developing it

It was bargaining. Some people love to be pessimistic/miserable and liked to bemoan that the Persona games would never come to Switch. So when Nate dropped the info that Persona was coming to Switch, the same people tried to bargain to find a way to still be miserable. By saying that maybe 3 and 4 come but 5 doesn't. Or that they would be cloud versions. Or that Switch only gets 5 vanilla and not royal.

Persona was sort of the last big series that you could doompost about never coming to Switch that could run on the hardware reasonably. Before that it was Danganronpa, but those games came out almost a year ago. Before that it was the ps1/ps2 Final Fantasy games. Since it was the last one there was a lot of defensiveness about continuing to doompost. There's still the Yakuza series that a lot of people would like on Switch but most people agree that the most recent games would have technical problems trying to run on the system so no one gets too wound up for those.

Big oof, as someone who grew up in a rural area where deer were a clear and present danger when on the road that's always a terrible experience.

And this is terrible, but now I just have the beatnik rosalina drumming gif in my head

Probably came from the fact that P5 was a cross-gen release while P5R wasn't. And everyone knows you can't port PS4 titles to Switch and have them run acceptably 🙄

I still think SH2 hits Switch within 18 months of launch on the other platforms

Enjoy. It's a great watch with some incredible episodes, very ahead of it's time compared to a lot of it's television contemporaries. Once you finish it and if you want more, watch the first 6 Star Trek films. Definitely go with the Directors edition for The Motion Picture (first movie). Also the directors cut for Star Trek II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom