• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you sell shares in individual studios?! I mean, I guess the sudden interest in crypto makes sense but uhhhh... This doesn't sound that great.

And yet, I'd buy a share in Team Asano if it was an option. How much could it possibly cost? $1?

While many here (@Suswave, wow!) provided a wonderful haven of horseplay, it makes sense to dial it back a tad. However, I do thank all of you to this point for the many, many, many laughs! If you spoiler tag it, I'll definitely be seeing it, haha!

Talking about bad animal experiences, though, I got bit by an ostrich as a kid and can't stand them at all!

Fuckin HELL my god

Nintendolife posted a Xenoblade 3 chain attack guide and I opened it because, like, they slightly confuse me and I wanted to understand them better. And then WHAM, big fuckin character spoilers in the screenshots all over the page, with zero warning.

Dammit.
...That is the WORST!! Thank you for warning us, but it just stinks you had to see it! They've really gone downhill on there, and now they're just not paying attention!

I am! My first (well my second console, my actual first was a Sega Saturn) console was a psone with a bug's Life. I didn't play that many platformers (I was a kid and didn't buy my own games at that time) but definitely did play the crashes, the spyros and toy story 2 (and also tombi and the demo of tombi 2)
Ooooh, fantastic, you should be right at home with it from the looks of things then! :ROFLMAO: I think some people are not really "used" to how those games played back in the day, so maybe with Frogun they think it's janky when it's just doubling down on that era and type of game! It looks like a lot of fun though, and I'm excited like you are!

And, wow, you're the first person I'm familiar with that had the Sega Saturn as their first console, which is actually one of the coolest things ever, haha! :ROFLMAO: I never owned one but have been Saturn curious, especially with all those Japanese exclusives! Dragon Force looks insanely awesome, and I'm kind of surprised no one else took on that type of game again! What are/were some of your favorite Saturn games?

Mario has red hair?! That's not even the "sometimes" normal brown...that sure looks red!

hey if y’all want your usernames and weird short quotes in a Grögol Bonanza text box…

I finally made fonts and shit

gimme a chosen name, weird quote, and fave Pokémon type
...I can't believe no one took you up on this yet!

Name: Eradicate
Weird Quote: "You'll have to speak up. I'm wearing a towel."
Fave Pokemon type: Dragon

Ah, I see. If that's the case it could be Square Enix trying to mitigate costs by getting more funding from platform holders for particular teams, and not just from marketing/timed exclusivity deals. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Certainly I think Nintendo would want to hang onto the Asano exclusives; Dragon Quest would be the other series to watch but I'm not sure on the development arrangements for that.

Edit - looking it up and Dragon Quest and the Team Asano projects are both the responsibility of 'Creative Business Unit 2'. Given that's an internal division rather than a subsidiary, I'm not sure if this funding arrangement would apply.

How do you sell shares in individual studios?! I mean, I guess the sudden interest in crypto makes sense but uhhhh... This doesn't sound that great.

And yet, I'd buy a share in Team Asano if it was an option. How much could it possibly cost? $1?
Over at Installbase @Oregano raised the possibility that they could spin off their production groups into separate entities. I'm not sure how likely nor how feasible that would be but it's the only way this makes sense to me unless it's limited to Tokyo RPG Factory, Luminous Productions, Taito and their two mobile divisions.

Over at Installbase @Oregano raised the possibility that they could spin off their production groups into separate entities. I'm not sure how likely nor how feasible that would be but it's the only way this makes sense to me unless it's limited to Tokyo RPG Factory, Luminous Productions, Taito and their two mobile divisions.
Yeah. There's an almost neat division where business unit 1 is Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, which are PlayStation orientated, while the Nintendo-orientated franchises - everything Team Asano does plus Dragon Quest - are in the second business unit. Of course, each division has other responsibilities, but maybe Square Enix reorganise further, creating external companies (like Luminous) which are formed from the current internal units.

It'd be a strategy to retain independence and minimise risk while making it less likely that a platform holder or other large firm has much incentive to buy out the company. If Sony effectively have dibs on Final Fantasy, and Nintendo on Dragon Quest, and have a say in the future of a chunk SE's development resources, then what incentive is there for a takeover?

Who knows, though?

It could also be setting up new entities for the properties they have external developers work on. We just saw Bandai Namco establish a new company with ILCA, with shares split between the two. It could be that kind of thing.

There are past examples from other publishers too, NdCube used to be part owned by Dentsu for instance, and the first Crystal Chronicles game was developed a studio that called The Game Designer Studio which on paper was only 49% owned by Squaresoft, the other 51% was owned by the game's producer(Akitoshi Kawazu) who used Nintendo funding to develop the game.

EDIT:
Yeah. There's an almost neat division where business unit 1 is Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, which are PlayStation orientated, while the Nintendo-orientated franchises - everything Team Asano does plus Dragon Quest - are in the second business unit. Of course, each division has other responsibilities, but maybe Square Enix reorganise further, creating external companies (like Luminous) which are formed from the current internal units.

It'd be a strategy to retain independence and minimise risk while making it less likely that a platform holder or other large firm has much incentive to buy out the company. If Sony effectively have dibs on Final Fantasy, and Nintendo on Dragon Quest, and have a say in the future of a chunk SE's development resources, then what incentive is there for a takeover?

Who knows, though?

At one point Team Asano had been given its own production group(11?) before Square Enix consolidated back down.

hey if y’all want your usernames and weird short quotes in a Grögol Bonanza text box…

Fire is my favourite type, chosen name I'm unsure of (whatever rolls off the tongue, I guess?) and I've often been fond of this Calvin & Hobbes quote I consider getting tattooed every couple of months or so

2o07d7vgpm341.jpg

Name: Kilgore Wolfe
Quote: that "why do they call it oven" quote if that's not too long
Fave Pokemon type: psychic

Please and thank you.

A new trailer for the SD Gundam Battle Alliance now with Musha Gundam and thei 3 Kingdoms generals

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:
nah but for real, that jazz also haunts me. this picture is from one of those “upload your design lol” sites and very bad
As a graphic designer I could go on for a few hours about how those "upload your design lol" sites destory local design businesses and devalue the hell out of professional artists in the eyes of potential clients BUT I'll spare yall and just say I agree with the "very bad" part. 🤣
I’ll make it even worse for you: I spent time sloppily editing the jeans by hand because I refuse to abide acid wash
Your conviction is admirable, thank you for your service.

Name: Eradicate
Weird Quote: "You'll have to speak up. I'm wearing a towel."
Fave Pokemon type: Dragon

tNaOiwz.png

No u Fire

Last edited:

Fire is my favourite type, chosen name I'm unsure of (whatever rolls off the tongue, I guess?) and I've often been fond of this Calvin & Hobbes quote I consider getting tattooed every couple of months or so

QPsK7dc.png

Name: Kilgore Wolfe
Quote: that "why do they call it oven" quote if that's not too long
Fave Pokemon type: psychic

MFYt24G.png

Chosen name: MisterSpo
Quote: Here I am, transcending reality, and what are you doing?
Pokémon type: Dragon

No u Fire

iYxulVG.png

unfortunately I started this before you updated your post with a type, but I’ll get you a fresh one in a few

in the meantime, here’s a special large print edition

vH53nC8.png

What is it they need to shitpost? Sarcasm? Memes? Certainly. But what we need most is shit itself.

Shitting in order to post and posting to shit. That's the way of our forum, Famiboards.

Tbh, I am only shitposting because I hope that one day, someone a lot smarter than I am will find a way to use shitposts as fuel to solve the impending energy crisis.

Naem: chocolate_supra
Quoet: Ain't it funky now!
Tyep: Grass

iYxulVG.png

unfortunately I started this before you updated your post with a type, but I’ll get you a fresh one in a few

in the meantime, here’s a special large print edition

vH53nC8.png
I love it! No need to change it tbh. Thanks!

Western switch sd Gundam battle alliance demo is up. And ugh this is seriously a full price digital release despite no physical? Could’ve thrown us the bone of a small discount. Then again I’m in no rush with my backlog

Name: Meatbag

Weird quote: If the body is a temple then the armpit is the yard

Type: Psychic

Okay, and I'm currently trying to buy a PS5 and, err, uhhh...

...What exactly do you do? Do you just keep reloading the page until it's available?

PS Direct? Don't know what that is.

I'm reloading Best Buy, Amazon and the main PlayStation page.
Amazon has swapped to an invite system, so you should look into that. They will send out email invites when stock is available. Most of the others just stick at random. PS Direct is Sony’s direct sale website. I got my horizon bundle that way. I would follow wario64 on Twitter since he is routinely posting the stock updates. The base models sold out quickly but the bundle is routinely available for hours once they post it. May not be what you want but was pretty painless way to get it for me. If I get any notifications I’ll try to hop on and tag/DM you.

The PS5 is a lie. I have never seen one on person to this day.

Ooooh, fantastic, you should be right at home with it from the looks of things then! :ROFLMAO: I think some people are not really "used" to how those games played back in the day, so maybe with Frogun they think it's janky when it's just doubling down on that era and type of game! It looks like a lot of fun though, and I'm excited like you are!

And, wow, you're the first person I'm familiar with that had the Sega Saturn as their first console, which is actually one of the coolest things ever, haha! :ROFLMAO: I never owned one but have been Saturn curious, especially with all those Japanese exclusives! Dragon Force looks insanely awesome, and I'm kind of surprised no one else took on that type of game again! What are/were some of your favorite Saturn games?
Honestly, it's only been after a long while that I managed to appreciate the Saturn. I got it in 1998, and I was only six at the time. My parents saw the console and thought that was the one I wanted (plus, it was probably dirt cheap at the time, maybe even clearance). I got it with Sonic Jam, Last Bronx (my first 3D fighter) and Sega Worldwide Soccer. I loved all three of them to bits but I was super frustrated because in a few months' time you could get no Saturn games ANYWHERE (at least in my part of Spain, where psone, GB and N64 to a lesser extent dominated).

Long story short I got a PSONE by Christmas 1999 because it was impossible to get new games, and have only become familiar with Saturn games later via emulation. I eventually really liked nights and panzer dragoon, and toyed a bit with some other gens Eventually took my old Saturn to my grandma's in Granada and it has stayed there ever since, I don't think it works anymore :(

I Have thought about buying a Saturn second-hand (apparently Japanese Saturn is the way to go) but I don't know where to start

Legion of Primes. You are either lying or you’re stupid, fire.

Quote is one of my favorite quotes Megatron says to starscream back in G1

VkesB89.png

Derachi
Fighting

that quote from Han in Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift about not needing money, but “trust and character” around him

TTcndZB.png

Chosen name: MisterSpo
Quote: Here I am, transcending reality, and what are you doing?
Pokémon type: Dragon

WePrA7c.png

Boz
Zhuge if true
Water
<3

JmTpp4w.png

What is it they need to shitpost? Sarcasm? Memes? Certainly. But what we need most is shit itself.

Shitting in order to post and posting to shit. That's the way of our forum, Famiboards.

hikzz2A.png

MissingNo.
Type: Ghost

Quote:
Post in thread 'Nintendo General Discussion |ST10 2022 July| ve A Live'
https://famiboards.com/threads/nintendo-general-discussion-st10-2022-july-ve-a-live.3242/post-333626

tPQ7dSd.png

Naem: chocolate_supra
Quoet: Ain't it funky now!
Tyep: Grass

c8TRGvC.png

Dardan
Type: Dark
Quote: "Some think shitposting is the end of us all, others think it will lead us to paradise."

dy4CYAO.png

Name: Meatbag

Weird quote: If the body is a temple then the armpit is the yard

Type: Psychic

OR5NA99.png

FQlu6wH.png

whew, that’s a bunch!

I’m still doing them, so feel free to add yr hats to the ring!

this is absolutely an excuse to make testing “type colors” on the dialogue boxes more fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom