• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rabbids are pretty scary...
giphy.gif

OK, I've finished the next ST and it's all ready to go for Thursday night.

I'll be posting it at midnight British Summer Time just to make things simple enough.

I still have way too much to play, but with $30 of credit floating in my eshop wallet I just took a peruse down my (massive) wishlist and bought two self-published games that I felt deserved my cash and weren’t at risk of going on a massive discount- TOEM and Chicory!

While you wait for Advance Wars, you can pick up an Advance Wars Games Done Quick shirt with some of the proceeds going towards the charity.

While you wait for Advance Wars, you can pick up an Advance Wars Games Done Quick shirt with some of the proceeds going towards the charity.

Yep that's an instabuy. Thank you kind Bird.

Oh yeah, and here's an Easy Allies review:

I don't know about anyone else here, but I still love Easy Allies.

Just my honest opinion.

I rarely watch them nowadays but thats probably not on them. I am in general not really invested anymore when it comes to Youtube personalities, crews and gaming journalism as a whole. The older I get the more it feels like the medium isn't for me anymore unfortunately. The ever growing list of games I simply don't enjoy anymore really bumms me out.

Its like my taste doesn't align anymore with how the markets trends go. I am 95% of the time tired after work and so multiplayer games aren't really for me anymore for example. There are a handful of genres where I have the patience to learn and play them.

The funny thing tho is when I find a game thats really to my liking or that I enjoy I really connect with it on a deeper level then when I was younger. Analyzing them, trying new ways to play them, appreciating them for what they are instead of jumping right to the next game.

Has probably something to do with managing chores, budget and a healthy work life balance while also being married haha...

Sorry for the long rant.

When you discover there was a Mazinger Z vs Transformers comic where Starscream got transformed by Mazin force into Mazinscream XD

image0.jpg

We also got the perfect chunky boy team up

Tbh, I would not mind playing this game and I generally dislike Marvel comics and Marvel movies.

Sat here procrastinating and listening to the storm instead of playing Mass Effect 2 because I feel like I should do more Three Hopes but Mass Effect 2 is just such an all-time great for me that I want to carry on with that.

Had a busy day at work, which has the nice side effect of it already being late and getting closer to the Direct. Now I just have to play "dodge the spoilers" tomorrow until I can get back home and watch it, should be fun. I'm actually pretty optimistic about it in an oddly lowered-expectations kind of way, if that makes any sense at all.

In my last class, a kid brought a pair of Joycons to class as a stimming aid.

For those who don't know, "stimming" is an autistic behaviour where we fidget, flap our hands, or do other repetitive movements or actions in order to regulate stress, keep ourselves focused, and manage our energy and emotions. It can act like the safety valve of a boiler and helps keep our often turbulent brains on track and in the green.

It never occurred to me before but a video game controller really is perfect for this purpose as the sticks, buttons, and triggers all give different sensory and motor feedback, and I actually wonder now if this is part of why video gaming brings me such intense joy.

Anyway, it was awesome. I swear, I learn something new from these kids every day.

Last edited:
Almost forget until now but this morning I had a scare with my launch Switch. I tried pressing the home button to turn it on and it it wouldn't turn on. Had to press the power button to turn it on then the right Joy con wasn't responding to my inputs so I pressed the sync button and it finally came back on and worked fine afterwards. My guess/hope is the right joy con wasn't clicked in all the way and went to sleep because it had a full charge still so IDK. Really don't want to buy a new Switch since the hours played of each game doesn't carry over with the profile transfer and I'm weird like that.

What did emily get right? Could someone tell me. Btw i do want to know this isnt something confrontational lol
Uh, in general? A bunch of things. As a specific example? Emily was the first to talk about the Prime remaster and even suggested it would have a release to be timed with the 20th anniversary of the US launch, so November this year, which is what Jeff said today. Emily said the same months ago.

More recently, Emily leaked Fire Emblem details which were partially confirmed shortly after when the screenshots appeared online.

Lol I have the weirdest ad on the bottom of this page it just says the biggest wrestling tan and it has a very confused Undertaker. Doesn't even say what it's advertising. I probably have it in my algorithm because of all the wrestling gifs posted at the other forum.

Sounds like a good way to go, honestly. Can't wait to see how many nightmares this one unlocks. 😉
I'm using a "blood soaked rock" material for him. And when he dies blood shoots out in all directions because the model didn't have a death animation for some reason

But at least it doesn't have tentacles.

I'm using a "blood soaked rock" material for him. And when he dies blood shoots out in all directions because the model didn't have a death animation for some reason

But at least it doesn't have tentacles.
LOLOLOL I was actually gonna say "I can't wait to see how many tentacles this one has" but I was afraid that might be going a bit too far so I backspaced and said the thing about nightmares instead. 😂🤣😂

So with my Xenoblade 3 hype finally hitting maximum, I've decided to sit down and play Torna- the golden country after buying it over 2 years ago

do you think publishers care about how good/liked their guest character is in a game

like if i was sega i'd be pissed that everyone hates the way sonic plays in smash

do you think publishers care about how good/liked their guest character is in a game

like if i was sega i'd be pissed that everyone hates the way sonic plays in smash
I remember watching the Nintendo NYC reaction for the Smash "Everyone is Here" trailer, how everyone was screaming and cheering and then when Bayonetta showed people immediately began booing. 😅

This is a very late response, but..
@VolcanicDynamo what 5 enemies deserve a spot in the next (I don’t think it will happen personally) Mario Maker that haven’t made it previously? I have my list, so will see if we have any matches.
That's a really tough one, actually. This is what I thought of, not counting overlaps from the 3D World style, and I stuck only to enemies that already appeared in prior 2D Mario games. Didn't strictly think of more complicated logic use cases except in one example, so in that regard the list may not be as robust as from a true Mario Maker expert:
  • Chargin' Chuck (preferably with multiple variants like in SMW)
  • Boomerang Bro (another more complicated projectile enemy; though I'd probably revamp instead Hammer Bros. to throw more objects, including boomerangs and fire balls?)
  • Rex (I like adding in a slightly more complicated but still basic enemy to the mix, something tougher than a Goomba but one that balances out the wilder additions - I also just wanna see this enemy in 3D for once).
  • Swooper (proximity, aerial enemy that interacts with ceilings - would be curious to see their swooping pattern when being emitted from a pipe)
  • Sumo Bro (Another tougher, almost mini-boss like enemy. Could change it to have it trigger blocks when it stomps if you want to use it for more complicated logic).
Honorable mentions go to the Fuzzy (its role is limited thanks to enemies on tracks but they're still iconic) and the Fliprus (a niche pick, behavior is pretty similar to Spikes but I think they're a neat take on them and they're one of the few NSMBU original enemies).

LOLOLOL I was actually gonna say "I can't wait to see how many tentacles this one has" but I was afraid that might be going a bit too far so I backspaced and said the thing about nightmares instead. 😂🤣😂
I do way more then just tentacles. Bone horrors, flying skulls with flaming wings, living trees with a sad woman's face, tomatoes with teeth, and so on.

I do way more then just tentacles. Bone horrors, flying skulls with flaming wings, living trees with a sad woman's face, tomatoes with teeth, and so on.
You should direct anime

Edit: sorry I shouldn't have used the word "direct." I know this thread is supposed to be a respite.

Last edited:
This is a very late response, but..

That's a really tough one, actually. This is what I thought of, not counting overlaps from the 3D World style, and I stuck only to enemies that already appeared in prior 2D Mario games. Didn't strictly think of more complicated logic use cases except in one example, so in that regard the list may not be as robust as from a true Mario Maker expert:
  • Chargin' Chuck (preferably with multiple variants like in SMW)
  • Boomerang Bro (another more complicated projectile enemy; though I'd probably revamp instead Hammer Bros. to throw more objects, including boomerangs and fire balls?)
  • Rex (I like adding in a slightly more complicated but still basic enemy to the mix, something tougher than a Goomba but one that balances out the wilder additions - I also just wanna see this enemy in 3D for once).
  • Swooper (proximity, aerial enemy that interacts with ceilings - would be curious to see their swooping pattern when being emitted from a pipe)
  • Sumo Bro (Another tougher, almost mini-boss like enemy. Could change it to have it trigger blocks when it stomps if you want to use it for more complicated logic).
Honorable mentions go to the Fuzzy (its role is limited thanks to enemies on tracks but they're still iconic) and the Fliprus (a niche pick, behavior is pretty similar to Spikes but I think they're a neat take on them and they're one of the few NSMBU original enemies).
Good choices. I would try to carry the picks a little over series, mainly to get some cool looking sprites. I would love mostly SMB2 characters but feel that should come with an actual separate course design. I know we got the SMB2 mushroom, but it’s not the same.

Definitely would do charging chucks, fuzzies, and swoops, then I would pick the flame snakes from SMB3 to add some more dessert variety. Last I think would be unagi from NSMB. Would get some good underwater levels with the different patterns/uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom