• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaltmas

Like Like
Pronouns
He/Him
Marvel and 2K really dropped the ball on Midnight Suns. If only they'd added romance and let my OC hook up with Magik it would have been instant GOTY.

shoptroll

Chain Chomp
Contributor
Pronouns
he/him
Single player games = No DLC included
Multiplayer games = DLC included
That's probably how they are going forward
Yea, I don’t quite see the appeal of NSO for people who don’t play online unless they’re really into retro games.

It is for a multiplayer game though so maybe that’s why it’s included
Luigi mansion dlc would be nice for sure
Yea, all the games so far with comped DLC in the XP are multiplayer.

However, I still think they’ll throw in BotW’s pass to promote the sequel later this year. That’d be a good way to push the XP upsell and build sequel hype.

curl-6

Bob-omb
Pronouns
he/him
Far out, just started Zombie Army 4 and it is great fun.

I love that is has no pretensions, and is as straightforward as they come and geared for maximum dumb entertainment. Obliterate hordes of undead Nazis, that's it. The gyro aiming feels great, the action is meaty and satisfying, and seeing Nazi heads explode never gets old.

It's also a very impressive port, running at a rock solid framerate even as massive hordes of the undead fill the screen.
Rebellion really are one of the unsung heroes of the Switch's third party lineup.

Also, the Xenoblade 3 Direct was incredible.
Looks like a step up from 2 in every way, and a possible contender for the best game in the series. I already like the characters and find myself intrigued by the story, and the world looks epic, gameplay seems to combine most of the best elements of previous games, and the music as per usual slaps.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, buying Monolith Soft is one of the best moves Nintendo have made this century.

Falcatops

Así es la weá
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
I bought a Nerf gun (needed something cheap-ish to hit minimum order amount, never paying for shipping if I can help it) in the hopes that I could use it as a toy for the cats. Went with the smallest model they had and my question is:

When did they start making military grade Nerf-guns? It's too strong that I'm afraid I might hit one of the cats and hurt them and it's too fast for them to chase after the projectile. This thing is useless.
Is that the smaller one? That’s like the magnum of Nerfs 😨
I have an actually small Nerf gun that I use with my cat. It’s still a little to powerful for firing it directly at the body but what I do is aim at the floor a meter or so past her so that she sees when it bounces. It’s fun but I would say that cats prefer to play with lasers.

Suswave

𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖙 ~.+.~ 𝖆𝖇𝖞𝖘𝖘
Founder
Pronouns
𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞 / 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒
FamiGold
Eagerly awaiting the WORLD PREMIERE footage of the obligatory fishing minigame!
have I got great news for you

psychic fishing in the overworld, fishing minigame in a shack

if I have my way, there will be a lot of weird minigames

although depending on my sanity, many of those will have to wait for the sequel and / or Grögol Pinbäll and / or Untitled Party Game

SpookyTango

Piranha Plant
Pronouns
he, him
Neon White is good, people

Yes it's fantastic. It's shame it doesn't seem to be getting much attention on here, at least going by the main Neon White thread. It has also not yet entered the top 30 on the (US)eshop charts nearly a week after launch (it's at 32), despite it currently being a Switch console exclusive. Hopefully word of mouth will help it along.

Barely Able

Kremling
Cashew butter chicken with basmati rice and toasted cashews.

D00-FCA49-29-B2-4-F54-A47-C-0-C3166-B9-E42-A.jpg

Barely Able

Kremling
A man of culture to be sure. And you made me realize I could have this if I just swapped out the basmati for cauliflower rice...
Cauliflower rice is pretty good and easy to swap into things. I think it would work well with something like this since you want the rice grains a little more separate than a sticky rice.

HockeyBird

Kremling
Pronouns
He/Him
Cashew butter chicken with basmati rice and toasted cashews.

D00-FCA49-29-B2-4-F54-A47-C-0-C3166-B9-E42-A.jpg

I made this weeb dish over the weekend and today

It popped up in Youtube recommendations months ago. I thankfully have all these ingredients on hand at all times so I decided to try it. It's simple and pretty good. Doesn't taste like demons though.

Barely Able

Kremling
I made this weeb dish over the weekend and today

It popped up in Youtube recommendations months ago. I thankfully have all these ingredients on hand at all times so I decided to try it. It's simple and pretty good. Doesn't taste like demons though.
Looks good, though not sure about this dude’s food safety. If you have a rice cooker, why are you cooking it in the morning? Letting that sit way too long. Shouldn't out the cooked meat on the same tray as raw either. Also seemed like he cooked the fuck out of that chicken but maybe the charcoal wasn’t very hot so it’s only was par cooked for grill marking.

I made something similar (sans mayo) the other day. Chicken thighs are the key for something like this because the fattier cut really retains the juices. I also make my own teriyaki sauce, which I think is a part of the state law for people in Washington.

Magic-Man

Local Theme Park Nerd
Pronouns
He/Him
I swear to gods they better not make an Obi-Wan season two. It took a minor miracle for season one to work as well as it does. Season two would just be annoying. Do other shit.

There's no Obi-Wan show without Darth Vader, and there's no way they can get him involved next season without it feeling very forced and probably breaking canon. And you can't have Luke or Leia involved anymore without also breaking canon. So pretty much the everything that made season one good wouldn't be in season two.

chocolate_supra

Must proceed at a high velocity #TeamDecade
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
There's no Obi-Wan show without Darth Vader, and there's no way they can get him involved next season without it feeling very forced and probably breaking canon. And you can't have Luke or Leia involved anymore without also breaking canon. So pretty much the everything that made season one good wouldn't be in season two.
which is why Obi-Wan season 2 will be set up by and rely on Ahsoka of course.
I don't actually know, I'm just being cynical

Mr_No_U

Garbage Galaxy Representative
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Always, no sometimes, think it's me
But you know I know when it's a dream
I think I know, I mean a... yes
But it's all wrong
That is, I think I disagree

Barely Able

Kremling
Always, no sometimes, think it's me
But you know I know when it's a dream
I think I know, I mean a... yes
But it's all wrong
That is, I think I disagree
I cleaned and froze about 4 pounds of strawberries today. This is tangentially related I feel so I’m just gonna let you know.

Barely Able

Kremling
81° yall
At 10pm
burn-elmo.gif

It was 90° at 10 PM over here.

I'm taking this as a Direct confirmation
81 degrees is 27 C. 90 is 32. 32-27 is 5, which is the number of days until 6/27. That is when the direct will be announced. 10 PM is 2 hours short of midnight. Since the difference of the temperatures was the announcement date, the difference of the time is also the direct date. That makes it 2 days after announcement, which is the 29th. Confirmation. And it’s based on temperature so there are physical laws governing this. No theory at all.

MissingNo.

Triangular Tactician
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
have I got great news for you

psychic fishing in the overworld, fishing minigame in a shack

if I have my way, there will be a lot of weird minigames

although depending on my sanity, many of those will have to wait for the sequel and / or Grögol Pinbäll and / or Untitled Party Game
Sounds great, I love weird minigames!

Mr_No_U

Garbage Galaxy Representative
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Little known Mr. No U fact: I cope with the fact that I will likely never be able afford real state by reading about, and laughing at, McMansions.

Dardan Sandiego

Dill Spowser‘s nephew
Founder
Pronouns
he/him

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who feels like this. I don't think a game going paid to F2P has ever made me want to play it.

Joseki

Bob-omb

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who feels like this. I don't think a game going paid to F2P has ever made me play it.

I personally have the opposite take. Free shit is good, stuff like Rocket League and Fall Guys are just time fillers and if I had to pay for them I wouldn't have played them at all.

Ozeiyo

Moblin
Pronouns
He/him
instead of doomposting, I bring you tidings of grög

still very early but I’ve implemented a dash, put in some grass, and added controller support!
I still can't believe actual people can do things like this. It looks fantastic.

xghost777

King B00 Fan

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who feels like this. I don't think a game going paid to F2P has ever made me want to play it.
Depends? I might give something a shot I might not have otherwise and in the rare case I already like the game it’s easier to convince my friends to play (StarCraft II multiplayer was an excellent example before I stopped supporting AB). I guess most games though, I usually think something must have been wrong with it if they suddenly don’t want to charge money for it.

Dardan Sandiego

Dill Spowser‘s nephew
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
I personally have the opposite take. Free shit is good, stuff like Rocket League and Fall Guys are just time fillers and if I had to pay for them I wouldn't have played them at all.

Depends? I might give something a shot I might not have otherwise and in the rare case I already like the game it’s easier to convince my friends to play (StarCraft II multiplayer was an excellent example before I stopped supporting AB). I guess most games though, I usually think something must have been wrong with it if they suddenly don’t want to charge money for it.

Maybe I'm taking Jeff's poll too literal but I personally differentiate between lowering the barrier of entry and "increasing interest". I absolutely see the benefit of going F2P to attract a wider audience but if a multiplayer game can't hook me on its own, turning it F2P does little to convince me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom