• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate how Showtime is US only :(
I really want to watch that Cypress Hill-documentary

My RTX 2060 bought 45 days ago is already dead.
My current CPU doesn't have an integrated graphic card.
RMA will take 30 days.
I do not have a spare GPU.
I need my PC to work.

iu

The worst thing about a Sunday night is the looming Monday morning.

However, I finally acquired that pizza tonight. It was a Margherita. It was great.

Man, I wish podcasts would stop feeding trolls and whatnot. Fighting fanboys with Fanboyism is so dumb, making me dislike some podcast I listen too. Don’t know why they listen to posts on Twitter or comments you know it’s just meant to stir people up.

Best to just ignore them or just reply back with simple answers/statements. No need for long fanboyish tangents. Well my rant is over.

But there is a Silent Hill remake. Well sort of.

I love Shattered Memories. I'm not a snobish team Silent fan, I really appreciate that game. Last good SH game in my book
oh yeah i really like Shattered Memories too but it's not a remake, it's more of a 're-imagining'

I’m really surprised Konami decides to greenlight “multiple” SH projects when its a mostly niche IP

Its like if Nintendo decides to greenlight various F-Zero games.

Not that Sony has treated WipeOut any better than Nintendo has treated F-Zero, but at least they did release a remake collection.

Your move, Nintendo.

a little disappointed if it's true, I would have greatly preferred SH1 Remake to SH2

Just redo the HD Collection and add 1 and 4 to it. How is this so hard?

Imagine if movies did this:

"Soooo, there is currently no good way for people to legally watch The Godfather. The Blu-ray release we did was a shambles. So, we could re-release it remastered at 4K on Streaming Services and 4K Blu Ray and fix that mistake... or we could get Blumhouse to remake the film with Jared Leto as Don Corleone. I think we'll go for the latter."

Trek to Yomi is a bit of a mixed bag.

I definitely agree with the general critical consensus in that the combat and the narrative are weak points. But I actually enjoy the light exploration, especially in how it ties to the fixed/directed camera which plays a huge part in giving it its classic samurai movie look. The devs really committed to this aesthetic in ways that Sucker Punch couldn't with Ghost of Tsushima (for obvious reasons) and it paid off in spades. It really looks stunning at times. I wish the rest of the game was up to snuff but I do hope that more devs will try to experiment with fixed angles and a guided camera.

Just redo the HD Collection and add 1 and 4 to it. How is this so hard?

Imagine if movies did this:

"Soooo, there is currently no good way for people to legally watch The Godfather. The Blu-ray release we did was a shambles. So, we could re-release it remastered at 4K on Streaming Services and 4K Blu Ray and fix that mistake... or we could get Blumhouse to remake the film with Jared Leto as Don Corleone. I think we'll go for the latter."
film enthusiasts have way more respect for their medium than gamers i guess

I've been replaying the PS1 original Spyro games. Hundred percented Spyro 1, about halfway through Spyro 2:

Spyro 1 is a much better and more inventive platformer than I remember it being. I've played both games to completion a number of times before, and in my head Spyro 2 has always been the better game, but playing them this time round, it's kind of shocking me how much I'm preferring the first game.

The levels feel a lot more expansive and ripe for exploration, the atmosphere is much stronger, and I'm really finding a lot of the mini games and backtracking in 2 a lot more of a drag than before.

The plan is to finish 2 then move into YotD, which will be interesting, as I haven't played anywhere near as much of that one.

I've been replaying the PS1 original Spyro games. Hundred percented Spyro 1, about halfway through Spyro 2:

Spyro 1 is a much better and more inventive platformer than I remember it being. I've played both games to completion a number of times before, and in my head Spyro 2 has always been the better game, but playing them this time round, it's kind of shocking me how much I'm preferring the first game.

The levels feel a lot more expansive and ripe for exploration, the atmosphere is much stronger, and I'm really finding a lot of the mini games and backtracking in 2 a lot more of a drag than before.

The plan is to finish 2 then move into YotD, which will be interesting, as I haven't played anywhere near as much of that one.
little known fact, I'm a huge Spyro fan. my ranking is 1 > 3 > 2, with a large gap between 1 and 3. it's just such a lean and satisfying game

little known fact, I'm a huge Spyro fan. my ranking is 1 > 3 > 2, with a large gap between 1 and 3. it's just such a lean and satisfying game
This will probably sound stupid, but Spyro 1 is really striking a Metroid Prime vibe with me.

Aside from the very brief dragon cutscenes (which are terrible, but at least they exit promptly) you're left all alone in these moody, atmospheric levels with nobody but enemies to fight, and you're encouraged to explore all over the place and do things out of order as much as you like. The number of times I reached the end of a level, only to remember there's a whole bunch of extra exploring I need to do to get everything has been amazing.

Spyro 2 by comparison has felt a lot more rigid in it's design: most of the levels revolve around a simple opening area, a couple of central areas where the bulk of the game is, then an ending area where you get the talisman. It's still a great game, but nothing has felt as expansive or vast as Tree Tops or Dark Passage.

Hunter is a total bae though.

Who's going to be rockin' the official Nate the Hate jersey?

Apologies if you already answered this. In light of recent news that Tantalus has not been in contact with Nintendo to bring Twilight Princess HD or Wind Waker HD to the Switch, do you fill this rules out the chances that these titles are releasing on the Switch anytime in the near future?

Sigh, my switch keeps overheating. It’s a launch unit so it’s likely the fans going out. I wouldn’t mind upgrading to an oled if I could find one tho with the price cut the revision is tempting too. Only real question is will another model be announced soon

Sigh, my switch keeps overheating. It’s a launch unit so it’s likely the fans going out. I wouldn’t mind upgrading to an oled if I could find one tho with the price cut the revision is tempting too. Only real question is will another model be announced soon
Have you considered opening it up to clean any dust inside? I opened up my OG Switch and there was hella dust within. It was still louder than you'd want, but it wasn't as audible as it was when I had cleared everything out.

Have you considered opening it up to clean any dust inside? I opened up my OG Switch and there was hella dust within. It was still louder than you'd want, but it wasn't as audible as it was when I had cleared everything out.
The fan doesn’t seem to be functioning at all. Also I’ve hit it with my air compressor before

The fan doesn’t seem to be functioning at all. Also I’ve hit it with my air compressor before
Ah, shit. Might still be worth checking it out, but that doesn’t sound good.

I guess with an OLED purchase you’ll still be able to sell it for a fair amount if a Switch Pro/2 were released. You’d definitely lose some money though :(

Apologies if you already answered this. In light of recent news that Tantalus has not been in contact with Nintendo to bring Twilight Princess HD or Wind Waker HD to the Switch, do you fill this rules out the chances that these titles are releasing on the Switch anytime in the near future?
They could never say they were working on such a project pre-announcement. Nor does Nintendo have to use them for a Switch port. In summary: the comment is not indicative of anything.

Shit. It's happening again. "Oh I'll play Three Houses for just half an hour oh shit, it's been 2 hours and I forgot to eat".
That game makes hours seem completely meaningless more than any other game I’ve played for some reason. Like I can spend 3 hours in the monastery alone and not notice it

But there is a Silent Hill remake. Well sort of.

I love Shattered Memories. I'm not a snobish team Silent fan, I really appreciate that game. Last good SH game in my book
What a great game Shattered Memories is. It’s the only Silent Hill game I’ve played actually, but I really enjoyed my time with it. I played it multiple times to get the different endings even. Those chase sequences never became boring, even after multiple playthroughs. They were scary each and every time. And the Wii remote microphone use was fantastic.

damn, those are pretty rich textures for the N64

make your demakes look like shit you cowards

I am not qualified to judge whatsoever so they may literally have done this on an actual N64 which would be impressive

but I also think it’s really funny when there are “I made it look like N64” videos of things that would absolutely choke on the platform

My RTX 2060 bought 45 days ago is already dead.
My current CPU doesn't have an integrated graphic card.
RMA will take 30 days.
I do not have a spare GPU.
I need my PC to work.

iu
where did you find this picture of me

love me some Hide the Pain Harold

I don’t have much to say about Silent Hill 2 other than Theme of Laura is the best song in horror game history.

damn, those are pretty rich textures for the N64

make your demakes look like shit you cowards

I am not qualified to judge whatsoever so they may literally have done this on an actual N64 which would be impressive

but I also think it’s really funny when there are “I made it look like N64” videos of things that would absolutely choke on the platform
I saw a video of a dude who was able to pull a lot more performance out of the N64 than was initially drawn out, simply by going back and optimising the code of the games. He then went on to make a Mario 64 mod that looked "too good for N64" but it was actually running on an N64 machine.
Some of these coders nowadays are like * really good.*

Successfully failed to put 13 Sentinels in either my carry case or the multi-cartridge game case I got, so my next game is Golden Route Triangle Strategy.

Now I need to wait to find out whether I put 13 Sentinels in the missing box or not. Sigh.

I’m looking to get a 512gb card when they go on the occasional sale for $50. I get on Best Buy’s website and even within a single brand there are multiple options… does it really matter which one I get for my switch? Is there at least a lower bound of speed to avoid?

Silent Hill Shattered Memories was awesome.

It had a wonderful sense of place and atmosphere, clever and enjoyable use of motion controls, and some of the best storytelling and graphics on Wii. It was also genuinely terrifying when it needed to be, the chase scenes never failed to get my heart racing.

At a time when a lot of third parties were making only a minimal effort on Wii, it was a rare example of one setting out to make the best game they could and doing so with commendable passion and craftsmanship. An overlooked gem.

Speaking of the Wii days, had like a three hour Just Dance session Saturday night (gf kicked my arse) and my legs and arms are still so freaking sore, I feel like I ran a marathon then arm wrestled Donkey Kong. Anyone who says that game ain't hardcore has never tried playing against someone who is good at it.

I’m looking to get a 512gb card when they go on the occasional sale for $50. I get on Best Buy’s website and even within a single brand there are multiple options… does it really matter which one I get for my switch? Is there at least a lower bound of speed to avoid?
Nintendo recommends 60-95 transfer speed. I think any of the Sandisk and Samsung cards they have will be more than that.

Now that @chocolate_supra has scared the shit out of me that my Wii U might meet its mortal end, I am going to finally finish my New Play Pikmin 2 campaign (hadn’t played since the GameCube days) and then finally play Xenoblade Chronicles X, which is the last physical game I haven’t played. Then clearing a bunch of the Wii games I downloaded. This shall be the summer of Wii U.

Last edited:
Yeah a Silent Hill 2 remake for PS5 is cool, but is it Portal 2 on the Switch cool? I don’t think so.

Also, love all the Xbox fans bemoaning another potential timed exclusive on PlayStation as Microsoft fucking BUYS Activision.

Yeah a Silent Hill 2 remake for PS5 is cool, but is it Portal 2 on the Switch cool? I don’t think so.

Also, love all the Xbox fans bemoaning another potential timed exclusive on PlayStation as Microsoft fucking BUYS Activision.
I'd rather have a full exclusive than a timed one. Timed exclusives are extremely annoying no matter which company it is.

I'd rather have a full exclusive than a timed one. Timed exclusives are extremely annoying no matter which company it is.
I prefer in any case timed exclusives if there has to be any exclusivity deal (I’m not talking funded games that’s another thing) , at least that way in the end more people will have access to the game instead of being locked ‘forever’ in one console. I don’t understand how it’s more annoying having to wait one year to play it than never being able to play it

I haven't even done any extensive activities today besides purge my closet of shirts too small and ill-fitting and put my winter hoodies/cardigans in storage, but despite multiple windows in my house open and my little bedside fan blowing on my body all day, all I can feel is my skin sticking to myself.

I like summer but I hate being someone with naturally high body heat. Here's to hoping sitting in a basement playing Pokemon Shield will be a decent cooldown

I prefer in any case timed exclusives if there has to be any exclusivity deal (I’m not talking funded games that’s another thing) , at least that way in the end more people will have access to the game instead of being locked ‘forever’ in one console. I don’t understand how it’s more annoying having to wait one year to play it than never being able to play it
Because having a full exclusive makes more sense than it being timed. It doesn't convince me to get the other console, I just have to wait and dodge spoilers for months. It's pointless.

Welp. I’ve finally beaten one of gaming’s ‘must play games’: Chrono Trigger (DS version). Such an amazing game and absolutely one of the best RPGs ever made. I really enjoyed how it handled the time traveling aspects with multiple time periods, the combat was fun, and the cast was cool and memorable. And the music! The music is so, so good.

I do believe a HD-2D remake is inevitable so I look forward to playing it again if it happens! I’ll definitely be getting Chrono Cross to play in the future as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom