• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm the only person cares, but we're overdue for another Genesis/Megadrive NSO update.
Nah I'm with you. I wish the Genesis NSO updates were a little more.. regular? I'd almost rather a game a month than 3 games every 3 months, just to give it a more regular cadence.

Absolutely.
* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Fuck, that's rough dude, sorry to hear that.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I think the given reason was mods were wilding out (in a bad way)

my personal reason was I found that forum outside of the Nintendo thread absolutely unbearable
Seconding this as the same reason. At some point I think I just made the ResetEra tab in my bookmarks just auto-direct to the latest Nintendo OT because it seemed everytime I popped my head out elsewhere I either caught a minor ban or saw some serious shit takes.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Fire Emblem 1 might be the third best Fire Emblem game, and that people with different opinions than me need to chill out and stop doing that.

#TeamJanuary
#TeamJanuary4lyfe

I know I'm the only person who cares, but we're overdue for another Genesis/Megadrive NSO update.
Speaking of Sega games for NSO, what would be a wildcard pick you'd like to see?

Part of me would be stoked to see Terminator 2 make a comeback if licensing weren't a shitshow

Switch beating PS4 in the US just isn’t sitting well with some.

J4rHsRb.png

Switch having any form of presence in Europe doesnt sit well with some lol.

You think Genesis on NSO is unpopular? Think about what it's gonna be like when they inevitably add PC Engine/TurboGrafx games on there. Every tweet is gonna have 10000 replies being like "No one cares" while I'm just there thinking "I... I care..."

You think Genesis on NSO is unpopular? Think about what it's gonna be like when they inevitably add PC Engine/TurboGrafx games on there. Every tweet is gonna have 10000 replies being like "No one cares" while I'm just there thinking "I... I care..."
I love the PC Engine, it's wonderful. 🥺

J4rHsRb.png

Switch having any form of presence in Europe doesnt sit well with some lol.
UK is the worst market for Switch of the majors console markets in Europe lol. It’s true that Switch presence in Eastern Europe is really limited but PS presence also is, they are PC countries.

I love the PC Engine, it's wonderful. 🥺
can we talk about how, where people will argue whether to use Genesis or Mega Drive til the cows come home, almost nobody defaults to "TurboGrafx?" Any time I hear/see PC Engine brought up it's only ever referred to as PC Engine, not TurboGrafx.

Sega has always been my favorite Nintendo rival because they used to be just as crazy if not more so (creatively speaking I mean) during their platform holder days.

Speaking of Sega games for NSO, what would be a wildcard pick you'd like to see?
I know you were asking Emily here but I'm gonna butt in and say: Let's see some Sega CD games! I know the filesize might be an issue but if they maybe limit it to just a few Sega CD games, I'm sure it wouldn't get THAT unmanageable.

As for WHICH Sega CD games I'd like to see, the answer is obviously Snatcher!

Sega has always been my favorite Nintendo rival because they used to be just as crazy if not more so (creatively speaking I mean) during their platform holder days.
I grew up a staunch Nintendo kid, but as I get older the more I realize Sega is actually genuinely incredible. They way I think about it is like this: Nintendo games were usually "better" but "safer," where Sega games were maybe just "good" but WAY more "interesting," from a mechanics/design perspective.

UK is the worst market for Switch of the majors console markets in Europe lol. It’s true that Switch presence in Eastern Europe is really limited but PS presence also is, they are PC countries.
Not to mention Poland has been supporting Switch with some of the best games it has: The Witcher 3, Call of Juarez, Dying Light, Bulletstorm, This War of Mine, Superhot... It's just Polish purchasing power is well below western nations.

I know you were asking Emily here but I'm gonna butt in and say: Let's see some Sega CD games! I know the filesize might be an issue but if they maybe limit it to just a few Sega CD games, I'm sure it wouldn't get THAT unmanageable.

As for WHICH Sega CD games I'd like to see, the answer is obviously Snatcher!
By all means, it's an open question to all! Honestly while I had a Genesis from the age of 8 I never had a chance to play Sega CD or any other Sega console, so I'd love to get to explore more Genesis games where possible! I'll have to take your word that Snatcher is that good, and give it a whirl if and when it comes to NSO haha

Man the PC Engine RULES though. I still regret not getting a PC Engine Mini. I wonder if those are still available?

Decided to boot up Bloodborne and finally killed Maria after being stuck on her for 3 years. I checked my trophies and apparently I’ve killed every optional boss in the game? Only got like 4 bosses left apparently.

<Embedded Quote Removed Per User Request>

Oh god, Quackshot. One my most played childhood games, finished it god knows how many times. It needs to be remade, with modern hand drawn 2D sprites. By WayForward, preferably. Actually wouldn't mind if Bozon and his team take a shot at all these 16 bit era Disney games...

I'd take regular Mega Drive/Genesis updates. 1 or 2 a month versus 3 or 4 at random intervals. It's something I've disliked about NSO ever since they adopted an irregular schedule.

Obviously the next warriors game should be Atelier Warriors with half the game being competitive alchemy puzzles

PC Engine had a great variety in its lineup. Lots of shumps, platforms, visual novels, and Zelda-like action games (Neutopia, Ys). I'd love to see it added to NSO, although we'd miss most of the Japanese classics.

give me pc engine cd for that sweet 80s-90's cd game ost

I'm also agreed on today's weird vibes. Latest courier news is that they don't actually know where my belongings are but they will check the warehouse. Wtf.

There is a bevy of TG16/PCE games on Wii U (unfortunately not Rondo of Blood) if people want to play some that way. Even quite a few Japan only games that were released completely untranslated.

can we talk about how, where people will argue whether to use Genesis or Mega Drive til the cows come home, almost nobody defaults to "TurboGrafx?" Any time I hear/see PC Engine brought up it's only ever referred to as PC Engine, not TurboGrafx.
It's a variety of reasons for me. The TurboGrafx was a thing that existed, and I'm glad that it was a thing because the small footprint that it had outside of Japan is a major reason why we have as many fan translations for games as we do. However, it's still a very Japan-focused console. There are a ton of exclusively Japanese games, Japan was its only successful market, and the games were so very Japanese. Most games were to an extent back then, but with an understanding that the games would likely make it to the west and have to be suitable for those audiences. PC Engine developers didn't worry about that, and the games are oozing with Japanese humor and overall vibe in the same way a lot of Genesis games were made to appeal to the west.

Basically, the TurboGrafx was sort of a footnote in the history of the PC Engine. It's something Hudson and NEC tried and failed with, but the PC Engine kept chugging along, and so I think using the name PC Engine better captures what the console is. This isn't exactly the same, but I think you'll get what I mean with this example. It would be like saying the Game Boy Micro instead of the Game Boy Advance when talking about the console.

Embracer keeps supporting the Switch more than JP publishers 🤔
They indeed do! THQ Nordic alone has two more leaked Switch games to be announced this year: Remnant From the Ashes and Biomutant. And then there's that Spongebob game which I'll totally get.

Hey all, in case you haven't seen it -

This thread will be automatically updated as games in the eShop are given release dates.

This is a feature I've been wanting to do for a long time, and the past couple months of building out our backend has given me the opportunity to whip this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom