• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiiit, the current eShop and Steam sales are absolutely eating through my wallet right now.

Also it ain't getting any easier deciding on whether to buy third party titles on the eShop or on Steam, given I can now play them on Steam Deck and/or my laptop vs. playing them on the Switch. Better performance/more control/freedom/options vs. convenience/that OLED screen/TABLETOP MODE!

(I fear I'll be making it a habit to double dip on certain games going forward.... I hate being this irrational.)

Ah, new month, new thread.

...so if I don't pick Mario + Rabbids, does that block me from the entire Mario franchise (besides Strikers and Kart), or just the Mario RPGs? I need me my Super Mario, friends.
Just the RPG titles. No real news or even rumors of Mario mainline even though we know it’s coming at some point. Everyone gets a pass on those (except old things if you don’t pick the landscaping service). I’m sure there will be loopholes and gaps I didn’t consider, so take full advantage of those.

Man, May is such a slug for games.. and honestly, it's not much better on any other platform either.

But it doesnt matter, as I scooped up a bunch of games on the sale and still have some games since prior.
Also - next month Mario Strikers, and I'm hella excited.

I hope there's a community tournament for that game here on Fami, would be rad!

Had my first "pass a joy-con to the stranger next to me on the plane" experience and we played Mario Kart for 2.5 hours straight. What an amazing little system the Switch is and I feel like it doesn't truly get the recognition it deserves for it. We were laughing the whole time and now we added each other on social media and really hit it off. 😊

Birthday was great!

Got a Record Player, The Godfather Trilogy on 4K, Lego Orchids, and a bunch of sweets :p Also had a massive platter of sushi for dinner, and just had a nice time with the family. Was a good day! :)

Now on to a month of trying to improve shit in my life. I'm getting a bit sick of feeling bad all the time. Firstly; finish Kirby. Maybe even get 100% for the badge :p

I was going to skip it but I’m getting somewhat hyped for Three Hopes. I wish it was more of a straight up strategy game but going back to Fodlan is sounding very appealing.

Wait wait wait
I knew you were a Pontiac guy
But you're also a fan of Cloud Atlas and Carly Rae??
Remind me again what your thoughts are on Sonic and Xenoblade?

And while we're at it, australian shepherds too
Oh hey, I drive a Grand Prix, I love Cloud Atlus, and I don’t hate Carly Rae Jepson. Also I have an Australian Shepherd named Sydney. I like Sonic ok. But Xenoblade is out, sorry fam.

I know I am super late to the party, but I watched Into the Spider-Verse last night and it was great.

Man, landing at an airport and seeing nearly every available advertising surface plastered with like four different versions of crypto/NFT bullshit is depressing

Hello new thread !

I just dreamed of a new Sin and Punishment from Platinum and Treasure, Pilotwings VR from EPD4 and Ice Climbers from HAL..... It was a good night's sleep

Hope we get some news from Nintendo on if they are hosting a Direct/Treehouse combo in June. My favourite part of the E3 season the last few years

Fami, YOU choose my next game : Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XIII or Final Fantasy XV royal edition. I'm too bored to decide for myself...

I can feel it, it's definitely coming with the Switch 2
If you haven’t played any of them before, I’d definitely go for FF10. I’m also a pretty big FF13 stan despite its issues, but I didn’t really like 15.

Fami, YOU choose my next game : Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XIII or Final Fantasy XV royal edition. I'm too bored to decide for myself...

I can feel it, it's definitely coming with the Switch 2
Play Final Fantasy X first. I usually feel I like XV more, but FFX is a classic and you can follow it up with XV afterwards.

May being slow is a blessing for me. I have some games I want to finish before June, and I'm planning of buying 4 games in June and July

This month I will finally be able to play (and complete) Kirby FL, I'm reallly looking forward to it! Also I hope everyone here has a great May! :D

If you haven’t played any of them before, I’d definitely go for FF10. I’m also a pretty big FF13 stan despite its issues, but I didn’t really like 15.
I'm big fan of FFXIII too, it might be my favorite with FFIX. I haven't played FFVI, FFX and FFXV yet so maybe it'll change in the future.. I wanted to revisit the game before playing the rest of the trilogy.
Play Final Fantasy X first. I usually feel I like XV more, but FFX is a classic and you can follow it up with XV afterwards.
Wow, it's not usual to read people who love FFXV more than traditional entries. If I go with X, do you recommend me to also play X-2 or is it a waste of time? People rarely talk about it.

I'm big fan of FFXIII too, it might be my favorite with FFIX. I haven't played FFVI, FFX and FFXV yet so maybe it'll change in the future.. I wanted to revisit the game before playing the rest of the trilogy.

Wow, it's not usual to read people who love FFXV more than traditional entries. If I go with X, do you recommend me to also play X-2 or is it a waste of time? People rarely talk about it.
If you like FFX absolutely play FFX-2. There’s a big tonal shift that isn’t for everyone, but it does so much cool stuff as a sequel to FFX that I don’t want to hint at.

If you like FFX absolutely play FFX-2. There’s a big tonal shift that isn’t for everyone, but it does so much cool stuff as a sequel to FFX that I don’t want to hint at.
Okay I'll definitely go with FFX then ! The game is on sale on the European Eshop, the gods are with me.

This year it feels weird outside of Nintendo it seems like almost all big publishers have one big title announced for H2 at most , I wonder when we will get new information for H2 2022 releases.

Kirby FL? Reads like Kirby: Fuck Life to me, tbh. I mean, look at him
0x1qmcgx78n61.jpg

This year it feels weird outside of Nintendo it seems like almost all big publishers have one big title announced for H2 at most , I wonder when we will get new information for H2 2022 releases.
Xbox has one ( 1 ) dated game and it's Starfield. For all 2022. Insane.

Had my first "pass a joy-con to the stranger next to me on the plane" experience and we played Mario Kart for 2.5 hours straight. What an amazing little system the Switch is and I feel like it doesn't truly get the recognition it deserves for it. We were laughing the whole time and now we added each other on social media and really hit it off. 😊

Yes! Had the same experience with a girl that sat next to me on a plane just before covid times. Had 3 hours of fun playing Mario Kart. Added each other on social media. She was cool. She had a boyfriend. Life sucks.

Why was Kirby using Man's song 20 years ago?
I guess this is another mystery for the Unreal Engine iceberg

In honor of the new ST

Here is my Arms hype playlist which is now my Chambara hype playlist

Yes! Had the same experience with a girl that sat next to me on a plane just before covid times. Had 3 hours of fun playing Mario Kart. Added each other on social media. She was cool. She had a boyfriend. Life sucks.
So we've been texting all morning and we are now meeting for brunch later today 😊

Hello new thread !

I just dreamed of a new Sin and Punishment from Platinum and Treasure, Pilotwings VR from EPD4 and Ice Climbers from HAL..... It was a good night's sleep
This should have been a mode in labo VR. Pilotwings resort is so good in free flight mode. Too bad we will never get something like that. Maybe the Namco game is Star Successor HD/Deluxe.

May being slow is a blessing for me. I have some games I want to finish before June, and I'm planning of buying 4 games in June and July
Same. Trying to finish Pokemon Legends currently, wanted to do Golden Route Triangle Strategy, a second Dread run, 13 Sentinels, and the first Mass Effect remaster (that's if my Xbox ever shows up). Plus, fingers crossed, I need to let my health bounce back over the next few weeks or it could really muss things up for me, so it's a good thing that the next set of games I'm interested in buying start in late June.

Same. Trying to finish Pokemon Legends currently, wanted to do Golden Route Triangle Strategy, a second Dread run, 13 Sentinels, and the first Mass Effect remaster (that's if my Xbox ever shows up). Plus, fingers crossed, I need to let my health bounce back over the next few weeks or it could really muss things up for me, so it's a good thing that the next set of games I'm interested in buying start in late June.
I want to finish Lego Star, Horizon Forbidden West, I want to do another Triangle Strategy playthrough. And I liked Switch Sports lol

Excellent OP! I guess I'll only be taking the kitchen upgrade, it works since I have no time to play games these days anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom