• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Geoff hype often leads to disappointment

does Geoff tempering expectations lead to hype
It does at least hopefully mean that if someone like Capcom is going to show up at all this summer, it's probably going to be piggybacking off Sony/MS/Nintendo's individual shows. No more of what we got last year, please.

TMNT received price on Brazil for Switch
This should be around $19,99 for reference

Also this indicates that release date should be revealed "soon-ish"

We collabing with dead IP now? Time for Popeye in Mario Kart
WB relaunched looney tunes on HBO Max. Even has a dedicated hub for it. Can’t say it’s that great, but it’s certainly something they consider to be a major player in their portfolio. Not to mention new Space Jam (which maybe was a huge multiverse thing? Didn’t watch).

I had this life changing internal selection for a job position tomorrow but I was just informed it has been delayed with no new date. It's making me so anxious, I haven't been able to sleep, I just wanted to be over with it already but nah. Anxiety fucking sucks.

BCS mid-season finale tonite! tho it wasn't originally planned as a mid-season finale according to the writers, more like an inevitability due to unforeseen circumstances

Plan and Execution

Americans be like “John Oliver hit piece about subway”

Canadians be like “not available in our country must be fake news”

Microsoft wasn't the first company to launch a GamePass...
r1a08.png

Americans be like “John Oliver hit piece about subway”

Canadians be like “not available in our country must be fake news”

Uh huh. Rather convenient that a video revealing the dark truths about Subway is unavailable to you. Do they suddenly not have internet in Canada? Is your famous dad, the Toronto Raptor himself, advising you on how to get out of this scandal?

When's the last time you went to Korea, Derachi?! Answer the damn question!

Uh huh. Rather convenient that a video revealing the dark truths about Subway is unavailable to you. Do they suddenly not have internet in Canada? Is your famous dad, the Toronto Raptor himself, advising you on how to get out of this scandal?

When's the last time you went to Korea, Derachi?! Answer the damn question!
I DON’T OWE YOU SHIT, HOCKEY BIRD

WHERE IS MY LAWYER? I WANT MY LAWYER

I DON’T OWE YOU SHIT, HOCKEY BIRD

WHERE IS MY LAWYER? I WANT MY LAWYER

I'm placing a bounty on the Derachi K-drama tapes and his laptop. I will expose you for the Subway advertising bot that you are. Those Subway franchise owners deserve to know where their money is going.

This time of year used to be so good. The hype would build, Los Angeles would come alive, the Giant Bomb crew would get ready for the drive down from San Francisco, ah, memories.

thegaming industry is rushing to change....

I hope the change ...is unionisation

I think Apple is just one of many potential buyers, this is just an article from an Apple centric news outlet, so of course it’s going to focus on that.

lol remember when the Direct thread was forcibly renamed in 2020 because the mods thought directs were gone and were never coming back

They didn't even rename it. They closed the the Direct thread and had someone create a Nintendo General OT. Then a Direct (albeit a partner showcase) was announced like the following week.

CoYOFqlWcAAabcI.jpg:large

A bit out of topic: Does the community here have any kind of Discord server? If so, can you guys link a invite?

How many Mega Man games have you beaten? I've beaten 4.

I've beaten 2, 3, X1 and X2.
Classic series: MM1 to MM7 and MM11.
X series: X1 to X8.
Zero series: Zero 1 to Zero 4.
ZX series: both games.
Battle Network series: just the first one.

... yes, I like Mega Man games.

I wasn't aware of a Tectoy Saturn. This is wild. Did they released any portuguese translated / exclusive games for it?
Wrt SNES, I remember a company signed to represent Nintendo in Brazil (guess It was called Playtronic) but their presence was not really relevant (from what I recall, obviously)
Tec-Toy did indeed distributed SEGA systems up until the Dreamcast here! But since both the Saturn and the Dreamcast weren't as successful as the Master System or Mega Drive, is not that common to see national systems in the wild; --I bought mine used, so it didn't come with the box nor had any of the legal papers and instructions, but I suspect it had everything translated! I got the sticker in the shell though, stating it was assembled in Amazon lol;

Nintendo had the partnership with Playtronic, and I think they handled only gaming distribution, from anything to late NES, all the SNES life, the Game Boy line and N64; Packaging and manuals were often translated to Portuguese (not as consistently as many wished though), but that was about it. Hardware, however, Gradiente was another partner that was doing the rounds with Nintendo here, and they also went very far with that partnership, coming all the way from the SNES and dropping late on the GameCube life! In fact, I heard they even had a translated BIOS for the GC! But just as Tec-Toy's Saturn and Dreamcast, this one is especially hard to find floating around in the used market!

SEGA did had a much vast presence on TV commercials, ad campaings and such; But Nintendo managed to pick up the slack by the N64 days, I suppose.. since no one I knew back then even heard of a SEGA console after the Mega Drive lol

EDIT: Oh, and no! Tec-Toy didn't made any kind of translations or exclusive games (or convertions) for anything beyond the Mega Drive; This was way beyond their technical expertise and very expensive to do too! Their translating job was confiened to marketing material by that point, and mostly were all stuff coming directly from SEGA of America.

Is Switch Sports worth getting if you mostly are going to play it alone? My spouse probably won't be interested, our friends and family aren't going to be fired up to play, and I have zero interest in playing online.

I wouldn't mind playing against a decent COM, though. It looks fun enough that I sort of want to get in on it.

Is Switch Sports worth getting if you mostly are going to play it alone? My spouse probably won't be interested, our friends and family aren't going to be fired up to play, and I have zero interest in playing online.

I wouldn't mind playing against a decent COM, though. It looks fun enough that I sort of want to get in on it.
definitely not. multiplayer, whether online or in person, is the sole draw

I never even thought that this game would come out.

I remember when this was announced, like, 5 or 6 years ago... I think. Huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom