• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should look great on the drake

If dread doesn’t get an update for that system I swear….
It already runs at a lovely 900p60 on Tegra Switches, I imagine a Drake update would be an easy layup (assuming Nintendo will go back and patch released games at all).

A neat thing is that if Nintendo patches their games or are automatically enhance, the first party output should look great because of art direction. 4K Kirby pores.

I just now found out the voice of Palutena was also the voice of Liara T’Soni and Lightning. The more you know
If you want another neat VA fact: Marth (and some other characters in Fire Emblem Heroes) is voice by Yuri Lowenthal who voices Spider-Man in the Insomniac games and also a bunch of other characters in other games, including Yosuke in Persona 4.

If you want another neat VA fact: Marth (and some other characters in Fire Emblem Heroes) is voice by Yuri Lowenthal who voices Spider-Man in the Insomniac games and also a bunch of other characters in other games, including Yosuke in Persona 4.
I love Yuri, great VA. To me he'll always be Luke from Tales of the Abyss, that was the first main role I can remember him in

It's still Saturday in some countries, so

6 DAYS!

yayomg-kirby-sword-reaction-gif.gif
god I miss Kirby’s Air Ride

Just finished Stranger of Paradise. It was silly, dumb fun, but very well executed in regards of combat (arguably better than Elden Ring). It's a nice reminder to the fact that every game doesn't need to be a "prestige game". Games like that are becoming more and more rare on the PlayStation, and I hope it'll be a sleeper hit and maybe start a new trend, and that it'll get ported on the Drake as well so everyone here can enjoy it.

Unlike...well, basically every other FF spinoff SoP is destined to be a cult classic. It plays well enough (a big departure from most of the spinoffs) and more importantly has enough WTF moments to stay around in the background. It's also short enough you can easily recommend it when it hits the bargain bin or becomes a PS+ game.

Keep looking at the indies in the eshop sale knowing full well I have a TON of games in my Switch backlog and that we may be getting an Indie World this week with some shadow drops…….

Sega is going to buy Nintendo and nobody can stop it 😠
Hhahaha but that will take way more time than the release of MP4!
Metroid Samus Returns and Metroid Dread released only 2 years apart without affecting Prime 4/Prime Triology/Prime 1 HD remake (3d metroid in general) releases , I feel like it's a 2D vs 3D Mario situation in which the development/release of one doesnt affect the other that much.

@Derachi I am considering getting back into action figure collecting. Mainly Star Wars ones. I’ve gotten a few but was mainly into Funko,pops for a long while.

Looking at my old stuff makes me miss that some. I did get my first transformer in years last year, a cool one of Galvatron.

Sega is going to buy Nintendo and nobody can stop it 😠

Metroid Samus Returns and Metroid Dread released only 2 years apart without affecting Prime 4/Prime Triology/Prime 1 HD remake (3d metroid in general) releases , I feel like it's a 2D vs 3D Mario situation in which the development/release of one doesnt affect the other that much.
Samus Returns came out on September 2017, Dread in Octuber 2021, those are 4 years.

I am not saying the development of Metroid 6 will affect MP4, those are 2 completely different studios in 2 completely different continents, what I am saying is that I wish Nintendo would give a lot of support to Retro to ride the wave of Metroid being liked and bought right now.

Meanwhile what @chocolate_supra jokingly said would take way more time given how it hasn’t even been 6 months since the release of Dread, I guess that at least we will have to wait about 2 years for a new 2D Metroid.

I know that MP4 has its roughy development, but I doubt it would take another 2 whole years to get it out.

The ideal situation is to get the MP1 out this year, probably around October as a 1 year anniversary from Dread release, and MP4 the next year.

Reading the Future Nintendo Hardware thread is making me way to hyped lol
I’ve been keeping out of it but it feels like later this year or next year we should start getting some official information about whatever comes after Switch. Switch is officially 5 years old now and while it’s still doing well I think typically Nintendo cycles out hardware around year 6.

Undecided on new Kirby thanks to AW delay and the possibility of 13 sentinels having a general retail release
Pretty sure 13 Sentinels does have a standard retail release. At least that seems to be the case for Europe. I am tempted to get it, but I might wait for the price to drop a bit.

Pretty sure 13 Sentinels does have a standard retail release. At least that seems to be the case for Europe. I am tempted to get it, but I might wait for the price to drop a bit.
Yeah it seems that way but I meant I’m hoping my Walmart gets a copy so I can get that discount XD

I'm getting 13 Sentinels day one, I'm really intrigued by the game and having a Vanillaware game on Switch is definitely something lol.

13 Sentinels is excellent. Definitely getting a physical copy. We need every Vanillaware game on Switch!

13 Sentinels is a day one purchase for me. I'm so excited to finally play that game and I'm hoping the rest of Vanillaware's library won't be too far behind.

Turns out Yoshi's Crafted World is hilarious fun in co-op.

Me and my partner tried it out during a sleepover on the weekend, and we were laughing our heads off as we kept eating each other, accidentally piggybacking on each other, stealing each other's eggs, etc, ended up with her riding on my back irl as I galloped around her apartment with both of us making Yoshi noises lmao. I swear, we're both such massive dorks, and I love it.

She gave Metroid Dread and Witcher 3 a go as well, but the latter set off her motion sickness so unfortunately she wasn't able to play through it.

Really excited to try out Kirby in co-op with her this weekend, we're both really hyped for it. I've never dated a fellow gamer before and I must say, it's pretty cool.

Our taste in games was actually one the things that broke the ice when we first started chatting on a dating app, so gaming has been something that brought us together from the start. :)

Extra Mario Kart is fun! Loving the tour courses. Ninja Hideaway is fun. Nintendo needs to bring back mission mode and work in verticality in the next Mario Kart (if that ever happens).

Honestly Elden Ring has legitimately helped my mental health quite significantly. The desire to finish this absolute unit of a game, and the almost addictive nature of it, has me unwilling or simply unable to really worry about other stuff too much. I'm still incredibly stressed a lot of the time, but it's definitely lesser overall.

Bring on Kirby! I hope it's good, because 100%ing a more casual, light-hearted game will be great to bring in the Springtime :)

First time playing it? How far are you?

Love seeing that NieR and 13 Sentinels love on the same page
Yep! I just entered the desert, after hours of meandering around the old city and revisiting the factory. Loving the atmosphere, and the music has something of a Xenogears-era Mitsuda vibe. ❤️

ended up with her riding on my back irl as I galloped around her apartment with both of us making Yoshi noises lmao.
This... this sounds like the life

Nintendo seems pretty dead set on never releasing a brand new F-Zero, but I would love an "F-Zero Ultimate" with GX as a base, online play, and all the stages from F-Zero/X/GX. If it was really good they could make a F-Zero action game without the fans being too mad.

They've handled FullMetal Alchemist's IP so badly over the past few years.
They could easily make proper console games with the IP and I'm sure it would sell well.
Honestly I would loooooovvvveeeee if they made a Fullmetal Alchemist game in the style of Tales of Vesperia, both in combat and in art style.

Would be super cool! The only thing is that FMA's logic for battles seems a bit counter-intuitive for an action game (how would Edward constantly find excuses to touch something? lol) but it would be neat!

Honestly I would loooooovvvveeeee if they made a Fullmetal Alchemist game in the style of Tales of Vesperia, both in combat and in art style.

Would be super cool! The only thing is that FMA's logic for battles seems a bit counter-intuitive for an action game (how would Edward constantly find excuses to touch something? lol) but it would be neat!
Honestly even a FMA musou game would be neat 😭 I'd take anything at this point.
Oh what the f...this looks insane high budget.
Square decided to put all of their budget into a japan only gacha mobile game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom