• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there would need to be "all-on-one-screen" options for games that have that sort of both-screens continuity, but the add-on I was pitching would work for games where the action on each screen is separate like Elite Beat Agents, for example:

example.jpg
look, if the Wii U could do this over local WiFi, I feel like the Switch could pull it off

but it would mean the NSO DS games couldn’t be played online

which I’m v fine with but might be weird with how they’re doing NSO

I think there would need to be "all-on-one-screen" options for games that have that sort of both-screens continuity, but the add-on I was pitching would work for games where the action on each screen is separate like Elite Beat Agents, for example:

example.jpg
If they really wanted to make DS games available on Switch, couldn't they just have the Switch turn sideways in handheld mode? (I know a few games have had the option so far). I know it isn't the optimal way to play them, but it is at least a way.

anyone else notice Switch Sports has "has in-game purchases" on it's eShop listing?

they gonna sell more sports down the road?
Doesn’t Mario Party Superstars also have that?
PEGI doesn't have in-app purchases for these apps but ESRB does. This likely means the ESRB counts the game asking you to pay for switch online in the game as an in app purchase. A game that did have an in-app purchases PEGI label before release was Luigi's Mansion 3 and that did end up getting paid DLC.

It should be fun to see how the rest of this year plays out. I like how Nintendo is releasing 2 games almost every month.

2 games in March: Kirby, Triangle Strategy
2 games in April: Advance Wars, Switch sports
2 games in June: Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Strikers

I hope that trend continues for the rest of the year. It's very suspicious that they have nothing scheduled (yet) for May.

I don't think Bayonetta 3 is a big enough title to carry an entire month on its own. (Sorry Platinum fans, it's the truth). I hope Nintendo is smart enough to release another game along side it.

It should be fun to see how the rest of this year plays out. I like how Nintendo is releasing 2 games almost every month.

I hope that trend continues for the rest of the year. It's very suspicious that they have nothing scheduled (yet) for May.

I don't think Bayonetta 3 is a big enough title to carry an entire month on its own. (Sorry Platinum fans, it's the truth). I hope Nintendo is smart enough to release another game along side it.
I love the idea of them putting two relatively different games in each month. If one isn't for you, maybe the other will be!
I pity the wallets of those who want both games in a month, though haha

Metroid Prime remake and Bayonetta 3 releasing in October is a lock, IMO. Get them out in time for Halloween.

I love the idea of them putting two relatively different games in each month. If one isn't for you, maybe the other will be!
I pity the wallets of those who want both games in a month, though haha

That's what I love too. They're trying to make sure there are games for everyone's tastes.

It's a smart strategy, and this year is shaping up to be really good so far.

I agree with your Bayo assessment. I think Bayo in October paired with something more "casual" would be a good match.

Yeah I have a feeling there's at least 2 first party games in the fall that we don't know about.

The lineup we speculate on is

Xenoblade/Bayonetta/Prime/Zelda

Which is incredibly stacked towards core audiences. Though Zelda has a lot of general audience appeal. But I can see Nintendo wanting more things that play to the family demographic in the holidays.

I feel like there's a lot of overlap in potential buyers for these 2 titles releasing so close.
That'll happen sometimes. I don't see either game releasing until very late in the year, so with September taken by Xenoblade and November taken by BOTW2, October makes the most sense to me.

This makes me think that even though it isn't dated yet, Splatoon 3 fits perfectly into July to go with Live-A-Live. Could still be August and be "summer" of course, but I get the feeling that they're really shooting for July to capture that summer feel as much as possible, plus the fact that Splatoon 2 was also a July game.

Which leaves August pretty open, but August is usually a fairly dead month for games IIRC. Maybe Bayonetta 3, like Astral Chain was an August game? Might be too early for that though.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Metroid Prime HD and Golf for Switch Sports in September
2D Mario in October with Bayonetta 3
Zelda and a Pokemon expansion in November
Style Savvy in December

Let's gooo

Yeah but I could also just post the letter 'e' 400 times in a row after the thread closes

I mean I think that would annoy everyone and I also don't really wanna spend my time doing that but I could

do it, @hologram

FX3jaNG.jpg

become the legendary master assassin, E…

Which of these you think will release in Q1 2023? EPD9 game or EPD8? I think that one of these is definitely early 2023 title, just before FY ends.

Yeah I have a feeling there's at least 2 first party games in the fall that we don't know about.

The lineup we speculate on is

Xenoblade/Bayonetta/Prime/Zelda

Which is incredibly stacked towards core audiences. Though Zelda has a lot of general audience appeal. But I can see Nintendo wanting more things that play to the family demographic in the holidays.
It is pretty stacked towards core audiences, but maybe they’re fine with that? Perhaps their general audience strategy is to keep people engaged with MK8 and SwSp Updates, and offering bundles including those games.

Additionally BotW2 may be core oriented but it’s one of their juggernauts nonetheless, and can absolutely carry a holiday on its own.

Switch mysteries: my save data for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 141MB, second largest only after ACNH. Wtf is in that data? Cup trophies, some stats, unlocks. It can't amount to that much. BOTW save data is only half as big. XC2 is only 4MB despite all the blades and sidequests and stuff.

And NES-NSO save data is 65 MB? How the fuck? The NES cartridges weren't even a MB in size and there was only 2kB of RAM so save states can't amount to much. And I've only played about a half dozen games.

This makes me think that even though it isn't dated yet, Splatoon 3 fits perfectly into July to go with Live-A-Live. Could still be August and be "summer" of course, but I get the feeling that they're really shooting for July to capture that summer feel as much as possible, plus the fact that Splatoon 2 was also a July game.

Which leaves August pretty open, but August is usually a fairly dead month for games IIRC. Maybe Bayonetta 3, like Astral Chain was an August game? Might be too early for that though.

IMO, there's absolutely no way that Live-A-Live is the only game in July. That would be completely insane.

I agree that Splatoon 3 seems almost guaranteed for July.

RE: August - The first M+R released in August. If M+R2 releases this year, then August would be a good month for it.

Switch mysteries: my save data for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 141MB, second largest only after ACNH. Wtf is in that data? Cup trophies, some stats, unlocks. It can't amount to that much. BOTW save data is only half as big. XC2 is only 4MB despite all the blades and sidequests and stuff.

And NES-NSO save data is 65 MB? How the fuck? The NES cartridges weren't even a MB in size and there was only 2kB of RAM so save states can't amount to much. And I've only played about a half dozen games.
MK8DX probably placeholds space for ghost data?

NES I have no idea.

I dont have a Twitter account so I'll share my best Mario Kart story here.

My all time favorite MK moment for me was playing MK8 on Wii U with my best friend at our college dorm. I was winning so many races that he was starting to get annoyed, so it all comes down to our last race on Royal Raceway which had tensions high and we were both super competitive.

It's the 3rd lap, I'm in 1st and I turn by the castle for the last leg of the race. My friend just destroys me with shells and I get knocked down to 3rd while he takes 1st and I fall into despair.

Then the most amazing thing happens. The COM in 2nd place, Baby Daisy, hits him with shells giving me the last second opportunity to pass him. Then Baby Daisy is in first but hits a banana peel in the middle of the dang road !RIGHT! before the finish line. In a clutch moment it gives me enough time to end up in 1st, Baby Daisy in 2nd, and my friend in 3rd. We were both laughing and hysterical that the COM came to my aid and handed the race back to me. From then on Baby Daisy has become a meme character to us whenever she's controlled by a computer in a race.

Splatoon 3 and Live A Live coming out in the same month!!?! I know which one I'm gonna get!

sorry but splatoon ain't got any cowboys in it therefore im getting live a live

May is going to be designated by Nintendo as the "Play The Damn Games You Already Bought" month.

I replied but give it to someone else since I have the cart. Just stating this is nice

I consider getting it on the e-shop sale just because it's so darn cheap - how is it?
I remember it being quite rough early on but they patched it a bit I believe - fully playable or is it a bit rough still?

The big wild card is still Intelligent System's Fire Emblem. Will it be an October 2022 release or an early 2023 release (February/March)? I've mentioned before that this game is nearly finished with its development. IS has had over 3+ years to develop this game, and they received assistance from a support studio.

Let's rewind the clock back to the year 2017. During that year, Nintendo released TWO Fire Emblem games: Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Echoes. Who says history can't repeat itself again?

That said, I could see Nintendo's marketing team saying: "Oh, well, our Fall lineup is already stacked with Xenoblade, Bayonetta 3, etc. Let's move FE to early 2023."

But as I said before, in terms of sales, I just don't think Bayonetta 3 is a big enough title to carry an entire month on its own.

Pairing Bayonetta 3 with Fire Emblem would be smart. Pairing Bayonetta 3 with Metroid Prime HD would also be smart.

The big wild card is still Intelligent System's Fire Emblem. Will it be an October 2022 release or an early 2023 release (February/March)? I've mentioned before that this game is nearly finished with its development. IS has had over 3+ years to develop this game, and they received assistance from a support studio.

Let's rewind the clock back to the year 2017. During that year, Nintendo released TWO Fire Emblem games: Fire Emblem Warriors and Fire Emblem Echoes. Who says history can't repeat itself again?

That said, I could see Nintendo's marketing team saying: "Oh, well, our Fall lineup is already stacked with Xenoblade, Bayonetta 3, etc. Let's move FE to early 2023."

But as I said before, in terms of sales, I just don't think Bayonetta 3 is a big enough title to carry an entire month on its own.

Pairing Bayonetta 3 with Fire Emblem would be smart. Pairing Bayonetta 3 with Metroid Prime HD would also be smart.
I agree with 2023 for Fire Emblem, but do you think Zelda doesn't make it out this year?

Damnnn, imagine Bayonetta 3 and FE18 in the same month, that would be amazing. To be fair, this year is insanely stacked lol.

I hope they go for it. lol

Imagine Zelda, Bayonetta, Metroid, Xenoblade, and Fire Emblem all out in like a 3 or 4 month span.

I think the question Nintendo asks here might not be "Does a new Fire Emblem get in the way of FE Warriors?" I think it's instead "Does a new Fire Emblem get in the way of Advance Wars and Triangle Strategy?"

If the answer is no and the game is ready in time, then sure, let it release.

It wasn't Nintendo-published, but No More Heroes III slotted into late August last year too. Seems like a good place for those kind of niche action games. Then follow it with a mid tier sales game in early September before ramping up for the holiday quarter.

Splatoon 3 and Live A Live coming out in the same month!!?! I know which one I'm gonna get!

sorry but splatoon ain't got any cowboys in it therefore im getting live a live
We haven’t seen the single player really and it had some dessert vibes too it in the reveal trailer. Maybe they will go full western.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom