• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes

When Should Raccoon’s New Nintendo Direct Speculation Thread Launch?

• Monday, Dec. 27 • 12pm EST

Votes: 43 20.0%
  • Saturday, Jan. 1 • 12am EST

Votes: 172 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me thought with Geoff saying their would be K-Pop at the VGAs, the threads might be legit /s

wow, your reverse heir apparent of the aged persuasion is a black belt in expressing interest

a. what’s that like

b. how braced is he for the geoffoning

c. will there be a dadreactor livestream
a. It's surprising and kinda weird because he doesn't usually show interest in my more nerdy hobbies at all. He recognizes and appreciates that they make me happy, but he doesn't usually care to pay attention to them.

b. Geoff is tame compared to some of the local used-car-salesman-type newscasters and such that we have, so I think my dad will find him well-spoken and digestible by comparison to what we're used to. I'm more worried about Josef Fares than Geoff. 😅

c. He honestly doesn't react much to stuff. We go and see a movie a couple times a month, and maybe two or three times a year we'll leave the theater with him saying "..well that was pretty good." He's kind of like a mix between Nicolas Cage's character in Gone In 60 Seconds and Sam Elliot in.. anything Sam Elliot does. If anything he's in it to watch my reactions. 😅

Bro, that aural kaleidoscope feeling, I know exactly what you're talking about, and I fucking love that shit. Real talks, if you have any recommendations for artist on Spotify or Soundcloud, I'd love them sent my way.

Been on a huuuge porter robinson kick with his new album Nurture. Shit is incredible from a production standpoint. It sounds as if an EDM album were stripped down and acoustic. It sounds so organic and imperfect. You even hear mouse clicking throughout as if a mic was left on while he was editing.

Anyway, if you want colorful interesting electronic production music I'm your fella. This is gonna range in genre by a lot, but the common thread is production that makes you say "how the fuck, that's amazing"

"she wanna" - KLRX (this guy is fucking tops)
"WATERGIRL" - cashmere cat
"mona lisa" - Naji
"nayhoo" - CHON (fucking tight band)

(slowing down a bit here)
"blowback" - galimatias (sex the song)
"tell your friends" - the weeknd (that fucking sample)
"woah" - eden project (nice harmonizer)

(picking it back up)
"paperchase" - brookes brothers
"beings" - madeon (just a good ass song)
"flutter" - konac (that tape warble unnnnnf)
"everlast" - exclusion (tinkly synths feel good)
"pretty girl comet" - PiNKII (the LAYERS wow)
"baby my phone" - Yameii (chirpy bubble pop)

I missed the “we’re Monolith West 2” conversation but I can program (chaotically but somewhat robustly), make sounds (see my underground mixtapes), write (dialogue is my forte but I have only used this power for extremely bad absurdist “fan fiction” in the past decade), do 2D graphics + art + animation (not exceedingly talented but can create shit for sure, and can also do 2D on a 3D plane), rudimentary particle generation (fart joke but not exclusively), do video shit pretty well (talented editor, okay director, mediocre camera operator), and who the fuck knows what else is up my sleeves!

it’s a trick question! exclamation? no sleeves on sleepwave

Eh, it happens. Even with measures stuff can slip through the cracks. At least it was dealt with swiftly, and that's what counts! :)
oh for sure, I definitely have to deal with this stuff at my day job every so often

the internet, am I right? I am wrong. what is a computer

When I saw this. I was gonna ask what NFT were until I realize I had already asked that on Fami and got answers.

Thing is so foreign and uninteresting to me that I just forgot. And I still forgetting what it is.

I’m glad to be on the ignorant side of this. I just wanna pop a disc/cartridge in, press start and play a damn game.

When I saw this. I was gonna ask what NFT were until I realize I had already asked that on Fami and got answers.

Thing is so foreign and uninteresting to me that I just forgot. And I still forgetting what it is.

I’m glad to be on the ignorant side of this. I just wanna pop a disc/cartridge in, press start and play a damn game.
It's foreign and uninteresting to me as well, but there's a percentage of people/companies who have decided this is the future of transactions and are going gung-ho into it, so I kinda feel like we need to be informed on it as a precaution. Like, I just saw a headline in passing that Kickstarter is moving to blockchain, which is what NFTs use. So as bad a rap as Kickstarter has had, they (and a lot of other services as well, like we just saw with Ubi) are gonna make it worse by literally moving their systems onto this shit. Because it's "decentralized." Fancy fuckin buzzwords make these people go wild.

Sorry, rant over. It's sleepytime now. I want it to be tomorrow real fast so I can watch Sonic and Chrono and cry like a hungry, angry baby.

Morning all. Hope you've all behaved well, set fire to a bag of Doritos, and poured some Mountain Dew into your nearest sacred stream. The old rituals are the only way of receiving the Keighley's favour, and even then, the sprites might not respond to your entreaties.

I thought a bit of FamiBoards snow had settled halfway up the screen - turns out it was dust and I just really need to give my work space a clean.
please let the k-pop presence be a girl's generation singing game for Switch with separately sold microphones.
It'll be Donkey Konga-Pop, featuring the Kongs and all your K-pop favourites.

I thought a bit of FamiBoards snow had settled halfway up the screen - turns out it was dust and I just really need to give my work space a clean.

Ah, work space. And here i was asking myself "How did MisterSpo open Famiboards on his Switch?!?".

please let the k-pop presence be a girl's generation singing game for Switch with separately sold microphones.
My neighbours are going to love my rendition of the two-step key change at the end of Mr Mr!

If there's a k-pop presence and it's linked to a game, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Just Dance K-Pop. They already get a few of the bigger groups in the yearly entries. It could also be linked to Riot, since they work with k-pop artists for their K/DA songs (LoL rhythm action game when?).

That or SM are finally going to let us all visit the Kwangya.

So we recently hit 2,000 members, what do you all think the 1,000th thread in The Treehouse will be? Guessing it’s happening today with the Game Awards happening :)

So we recently hit 2,000 members, what do you all think the 1,000th thread in The Treehouse will be? Guessing it’s happening today with the Game Awards happening :)
'Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has already developed quite the fan art following (NSFW)'

'Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has already developed quite the fan art following (NSFW)'
Oh heck no for the NSFW part! Hoping we leave that behind with 2. Actually fairly hopeful since Torna and Future Connected had very little bad anime fanservice.

Edit: just want to be clear not mad at you or uncomfortable in any way. I know it was a joke. I’m only rejecting a potential world where Xenoblade 3 remains uncomfortably overly horny/bad anime like Xenoblade 2 was. Still like the game despite its issues, but oof if the character designs and some of the dumb scenes didn’t drag that game down for me and has haunted my love for the franchise ever since.

Last edited:
12:30 AM is late. Fortunately i don't work in the morning, but even so if the show drags on without any Nintendo announcement i'll just go to sleep.

Yeah I think I'll just sleep through the awards and hopefully wake up to some good news. That's what happened with Bayonetta 3 back in 2017, which was a very pleasant surprise to wake up to.

@9Volt @9-Volt

sq2x2whc4n801.jpg

now kith

I've been playing FFXIV recently and it got me thinking: does the Switch have any MMO's?
Not until Nintendo launch their massively multiplayer papier-mâché online role-playing game Paper Mario Online.

Players can choose from a variety of playable races, including Toads, Goombas, Koopas, Magikoopas, Bob-ombs and more. Players cannot customise their character model or appearance. Please understand.

My Vita backlog clear has been going so speedily on account of how many short games I have on there. Finished Hue last night (fun puzzle platformer, but it got a little buggy towards the end and I had to reset some levels to make things work as intended again), almost done with Roundabout (very fun but very buggy, including unobtainable trophies and disappearing platforms during a water crossing section), finally tried Downwell (I'm bad at it but it's neat), and working through Persona 4 Dancing All Night (good lord the VN parts go on and on).

Any takes on AI: The Somnium Files? Thinking of grabbing it this month as it's on sale on PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom