• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, folks! I’ve got next month’s OP mostly ready to go (don’t go in with high expectations or nothin, I can’t photoshop to save my life). What is the standard agreed-upon time to post it? I was thinking like, 10pm or 11pm eastern.

Top 3 most anticipated movies next year for me:

1. Suzume no Tojimari english release
2. Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse
3. The Super Mario Bros Movie

Oh gee, I wonder what all 3 have in common?

What do you guys think the post-credit Mario movie stinger is gonna be? Wario? Rosalina?
Here are my options:
The movie is ripe with Nintendo Cinematic Universe possibilities:

Ending #1: Mario defeats Bowser by collapsing a bridge. Bowser falls into an abyss. After a celebration, the credits roll. Mid-credits: Dry Bowser emerges from the lava.

Ending #2: Mario and Luigi are rewarded with a castle in the Mushroom Kingdom as thanks for their part in defeating Bowser. Mid-credits scene: the brothers go on holiday, and a certain WAH is heard as someone breaks into the Mario castle.

Ending #3: An alliance between the Kong Kingdom and the Mushroom Kingdom saves the day against Bowser. The victorious allies part ways. Credits roll. Mid-credits: a large, crocodile shaped island rolls up off of the shores of Kong Island. A very, very large eye takes a good look at the Kong golden banana hoard through a telescope.

Ending #4: Mario & Luigi are awarded with a travel voucher for their role in saving the world. Their destination? The Beanbean Kingdom.

Ending #5: Mario tries to make it back to Brooklyn after saving the Mushroom Kingdom. In the post-credits scene, he gets lost in the woods, turned into a strange creature, and we hear Christopher Walken say: "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

He's finally here,
a friend to all,
this leader of the bunch
is in your walls

tumblr_pbydvjWvVV1x0tupao6_1280.jpg

Mario vs DK would be the coward's way out; give us Wario vs LK and then Waluigi vs TK.

Yes, you heard me: Wario vs Lanky Kong and Waluigi vs Tiny Kong.

Top 3 most anticipated movies next year for me:

1. Suzume no Tojimari english release
2. Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse
3. The Super Mario Bros Movie

Oh gee, I wonder what all 3 have in common?
Chris Pratt is a voice actor in all three?

Good morning, folks! I’ve got next month’s OP mostly ready to go (don’t go in with high expectations or nothin, I can’t photoshop to save my life). What is the standard agreed-upon time to post it? I was thinking like, 10pm or 11pm eastern.
Any time works. I did midnight eastern to mirror the eshop release timing for Nintendo titles but I’m also pacific time so it’s easy. I would do whatever is best for your sleep pattern

Crazy to think that some people's first experience with Mario will be the movie.

They're gonna feel like Sony fans.

I kid, I kid...

Actually, didn't the post credits scene already get leaked?

It's Dry Bowser.
I don’t think that big leak was accurate given the trailers. IIRC they also said that it was a musical, and that Mario would fight DK in New York (when we know now that he does it on the Kongs’ island).

Last edited:
For those who haven't seen it yet (I think it was linked in the Splatoon 3 thread last week), Nintendo Japan started putting out a quarterly magazine earlier this year (I think?). Next month is going to feature Splatoon 3:

But! That's not the reason I wanted to link this here. Nintendo also put online a 28 page excerpt of the summer issue that's translated into English:

What's striking to me is how much this looks like early days of Nintendo Power in terms of layout and content. Which makes sense since NP was a collaboration between NoA and a Japanese publisher handling things like layout/graphics and NoA doing the copy or translating.

And when I realized this it made sense why Nintendo Power successors like Nintendo Force fell flat for me, because I mentally associate Nintendo Power with the days when they were using Japanese influenced feature layouts vs. the more American "here's a wall of text and pull quotes and a few images" style.

Anyways, thank you for coming to my TED talk.

So since I'm trying to make a small quick game focused around combat, I'm trying to add a bunch of enemy traits that will make combat more interesting. Stuff like "undead" taking extra damage from light spells, or "vampiric" enemies that recover health when doing damage. Or "gelatinous" enemies where attacks occasionally bounce off them and do no damage.

Taking requests for any others, no matter how silly.

So since I'm trying to make a small quick game focused around combat, I'm trying to add a bunch of enemy traits that will make combat more interesting. Stuff like "undead" taking extra damage from light spells, or "vampiric" enemies that recover health when doing damage. Or "gelatinous" enemies where attacks occasionally bounce off them and do no damage.

Narcoleptic: Randomly falls asleep during battle but regenerates all health because sleeping is healthy.

UGH

Okay, so I watched it.

And I felt EMBARRASSED watching the trailer.

f9j3hqgs8s2a1.jpg

Edgy - physical attacks hurt the attacker

You can even make variations with, for example, this trait: Morning grouch.

When woken up early (due to an attack or something) gets enraged and damage output increased.
Not bad, I'll consider that.
Edgy - physical attacks hurt the attacker
I have thorny, yeah. One of the classics. Here's my list so far, the fun part will be coding all of it.

GAqfnvb.png

I also just discovered a UE4 tool called property matrix which is going to save my fricken life. It's a way I can edit the data portion of all of my enemy blueprints without actually having to load all of the models and animations like I used to. Which takes sometimes upwards of 2 hours, just to open them all.

UkR8y8H.png

Not bad, I'll consider that.

I have thorny, yeah. One of the classics. Here's my list so far, the fun part will be coding all of it.

GAqfnvb.png

I also just discovered a UE4 tool called property matrix which is going to save my fricken life. It's a way I can edit the data portion of all of my enemy blueprints without actually having to load all of the models and animations like I used to. Which takes sometimes upwards of 2 hours, just to open them all.

Glutton: Can be distracted by giving food. Attacks food-based allies.

I don’t know if there’s enough interest to do a thread, but I saw a new game trailer that caused me to a do a double take and then follow up news that caused me to do another double take. There was this F2P mobile phone game I played a few years ago called Love Nikki that was essentially a Style Savvy-like dress up game. I’m not really into those kind of games I learned in part through it so I dropped it fairly quickly though I never deleted it from my phone. I guess there was a game in between, but it was still pretty shocking to suddenly see it’s now a giant PS5 open world adventure game!

I wasn’t planning to post about it, but the second wild bit is that apparently the Breath of the Wild DLC director, Kentaro Tominaga left Nintendo to work on it!

This looks amazing! Love Nikki was a great game and it's so cool to see it brought to next gen. Very excited for this.

I'm not trying to be confrontational about this, so sorry if it came off that way.
Not sure if this part is directed at me but I feel 0 confrontation from anyone here, just interesting discussion so dont worry.

I will also say I absolutely agree that the characters should make SOME noise, I think at worst that leads to some funny sounds lol. Completely forgot that there still is a substantial difference between Pokemon and Zelda as you said.

Damn, that didn't even click with me. I thought they were alluding to the original Mario and DK game, but Smash makes more sense.
It's on a very thin "bridge" like platform, it's clearly meant to be viewed like a typical 2D Smash stage. I thought that whole thing was obvious, also the fact that he did a pretty typical looking Smash attack towards DK at first.

"Hungry" enemies leaving the battle when you feed them.

"Hungry" enemies leaving the battle when you feed them.
Might consider that one day for the main game, I'm toying with the idea of the plausibility of a "pacifist run".

But for now I'll just do "voracious" which means the enemy sometimes eats other enemies to gain their strength!

Might consider that one day for the main game, I'm toying with the idea of the plausibility of a "pacifist run".

But for now I'll just do "voracious" which means the enemy sometimes eats other enemies to gain their strength!
You could have like… a voracious enemy who sometimes comes along with a chunk of meat enemy or something, and if you use a fire spell on the meat it cooks and smells good so the voracious enemy eats it, gets full, and loses power from a food coma?

Okay that might be a bit too specific and complicated

Hey Nintendo, it sure would be nice if you announced the next 3D Mario before the movie comes out. It would be amazing. Fantastic. Spectacular. If you announced and released a new 3D Mario game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom