• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo is forever tainted because of Conker's Bad Fur Day and Geist. There's no going back, it's a mature platform!

Last edited:
Animal Crossing is a mature game as it addresses such adult themes as the horrors of capitalism and being in crippling debt to the local mafia boss.

Don't get me started on Mario promoting the use of performance enhancing drugs.

Animal Crossing is a mature game as it addresses such adult themes as the horrors of capitalism and being in crippling debt to the local mafia boss.
Said it once before but it bears repeating:

bERl2zJ_d.webp

I think I might also delete twitter or simply remove all gaming news, cause I still use it mostly for baseball stuff lol. The last month has increased my anger towards the site and I want to punch a bunch of weirdos who think their opinions matter lol.

Ill just go back to pokemon/P5R and chill for the rest of the week.

Decided to pick up Xenoblade 3 again after two months of not playing it, and I'm having the most unfun time gaming I've had this year because I apparently stopped midway through Keves Castle, made it to the 4th floor near the Water Supply, have no idea how to proceed with the clear next entryway blocked off, and the quest marker/tracking line is presumably busted, constantly leading me in circles or to unopenable doors. And every. single. enemy. attacks. you. Please give me guidance before I achieve the any% speedrun world record for dropping a game after picking it up again lol.

All I'm trying to do is make it to Cadensia smh. Looks like I'm starting A Plague Tale: Requiem tonight instead!

Decided to pick up Xenoblade 3 again after two months of not playing it, and I'm having the most unfun time gaming I've had this year because I apparently stopped midway through Keves Castle, made it to the 4th floor near the Water Supply, have no idea how to proceed with the clear next entryway blocked off, and the quest marker/tracking line is presumably busted, constantly leading me in circles or to unopenable doors. And every. single. enemy. attacks. you. Please give me guidance before I achieve the any% speedrun world record for dropping a game after picking it up again lol.

All I'm trying to do is make it to Cadensia smh. Looks like I'm starting A Plague Tale: Requiem tonight instead!
Have you already been through the castle? I don’t think you can get to Cadensia through the reef without fast traveling until later on.

I honestly could use that bean container. Not sure who wants to hand mill their beans but I’m sure there is someone that would do it!
I hand grind my beans every morning in a burr metal grinder!

That one’s probably a blade grinder tho that wouldn’t be ideal. Uneven grind.

Edit: oh and I have a few vacuum sealed glass bean containers like that! I love em.

Just sprinting full speed into that dystopia.
Didn’t Boston Dynamics put out a PR blast earlier this year that basically said “please don’t do this with our stuff we sold you all”?

I want it so bad

Just sprinting full speed into that dystopia.
It's like these people have never watched Terminator, or the Matrix, or a dozen other sci fi films

I hand grind my beans every morning in a burr metal grinder!

That one’s probably a blade grinder tho that wouldn’t be ideal. Uneven grind.

Edit: oh and I have a few vacuum sealed glass bean containers like that! I love em.
Sounds like fun. I make espresso so the machine does the grind for me and then I do the rest.

Chapter 8 at 9.0 down in KI:Uprising. Sakurai hurry up with that port or I’ll be done before it releases!

eyes Chapter 18 nervously

I said before that anytime someone blames the Switch hardware for poor performance and not developers for not taking time or effort to optimize and polish, I'd respond with a picture of Nier Automata's Switch boxart. But...

I dunno if I aughta do that to Mochi. 😅
I know he's just relaying something another reporter said, but still

Don't get me started on Mario promoting the use of performance enhancing drugs.
Tom Nook is a goddamn hero in this day and age. He is a banker and a realtor with values and dignity. He offers you interest-free loan with NO PAYMENT PLAN whatsoever. He does this while supporting two nephews and their dream of becoming business owners themselves.

Don't you F***ing dare calling Tom Nook mafia boss. He is priceless treasure.

Tom Nook is a goddamn hero in this day and age. He is a banker and a realtor with values and dignity. He offers you interest-free loan with NO PAYMENT PLAN whatsoever. He does this while supporting two nephews and their dream of becoming business owners themselves.

Don't you F***ing dare calling Tom Nook mafia boss. He is priceless treasure.
When you think about it, the work of Tom Nook is not so different from the work of Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus #JusticeForNook

Have you already been through the castle? I don’t think you can get to Cadensia through the reef without fast traveling until later on.
I might've! I suppose it's possible that the quest marker is trying to lead me through an area that I can't remember if I fully explored or not. I distinctly remember the reef...I'll have to do more digging later tomorrow after family festivities because I truly can't remember what I was up to in-game 3 months ago haha

Last edited:
I might've! I suppose it's possible that the quest marker is trying to lead me through an area that I can't remember if I fully explored or night. I distinctly remember the reef...I'll have to do more digging later tomorrow after family festivities because I truly can't remember what I was up to in-game 3 months ago haha
Clearing the castle blocks off the route in the canal. You’re gonna want to fast travel to the east end of the map instead.

If you are at the water area, you have to head to the throne for the boss fight.

My copy of the game arrived late, so I was avoiding the Pokemon SV ST. So this might be covered there, but before the game came out I googled how the multiplayer works and from the article I read I came out disappointed you couldn’t do much together. I was super pleasantly surprised tonight to find that was completely untrue and instead it was exactly what I wanted and even better.

I played with my brother and best friend for over five hours tonight and had an absolute blast roaming around Paldea together, telling each other where we saw new Pokemon to catch and being able to tackle our individual campaigns. I was just hoping for wild Pokemon, but you can tackle your gym battles while someone else goes after a Titan boss fight or whatever and you get all of your cutscenes which is super cool. There were visual glitches sure (apparently my character kept holding up a peace sign on my friends screen and I’d lose my arm once in a while lol) and the normal performance woes (the town out east has a very sadly performing windmill lol), but otherwise the experience went perfectly fine with no communication errors. This is truly the huge leap forward for the series I always wanted. So excited to play more together tomorrow.

I googled how the multiplayer works and from the article I read I came out disappointed you couldn’t do much together. I was super pleasantly surprised tonight to find that was completely untrue and instead it was exactly what I wanted and even better
No offense but from what you've written that's exactly what it sounds like? Like the both of you are basically free to do whatever you want in a shared world? You don't do Double Battles or anything?

No offense but from what you've written that's exactly what it sounds like? Like the both of you are basically free to do whatever you want in a shared world? You don't do Double Battles or anything?
The article I read said wild Pokemon weren’t in the game world at all if you were connected online. That you could only roam around and take pictures and do raid battles which is straight up not true.

Sharing the world together and not being locked out of activities is huge since you can discover every nook of Paldea together. I imagine if you were done with everything already the world would feel empty, but we were all basically right at the start of the treasure hunt and sharing all of the discoveries together is incredible. There’s a huge difference between seeing a Pidgey for the first time by yourself (no idea if they are in the game) and discovering it as a group. People are like “oh shoot Pidgey!!” Even better if it was a new one or one no recognized. If it’s a rare one you can search the area together to find another one so everyone can get one. This is way cooler than just trading directly.

You do get to do raid battles together too as you roam as a group of four for more structured content (missing slots are AI I think), but at least early on there’s not much coordination involved. You get a bunch of prizes for them and also might see new monsters this way so they are fun, but not the main appeal early on. Battling and trading are somewhere in there too, but I don’t know where. No one was interested tonight at least.

Did anyone watch that Witcher 3 stream yesterday? Just wondered if it was mentioned which of the new features would be coming to the Switch version. Guessing it would be the gameplay improvements and Netflix content only?

The article I read said wild Pokemon weren’t in the game world at all if you were connected online. That you could only roam around and take pictures and do raid battles
Oh, I see. That sounds like a massive oversight on the writer's part.

Sharing the world together and not being locked out of activities is huge since you can discover every nook of Paldea together
This is way cooler than just trading directly.
That definitely sounds cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom