• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2

Welcome everybody, and thanks for having me for ST14 - Comfy And Easy To Wear!

1667310562895.png

For any noobs who are curious about the purpose of this thread, this is where lies all general Nintendo-related discussion. But don't feel limited to just Nintendo-related topics! Anything is welcome here, as long as it's kept in mind that The Roost has the official Chit Chat thread. But seriously - anything and anyone is welcome here!

Preface - and a revisit to last month's theme

Before I get into the theme of this month's ST, I'd like to give a special thanks to @hologram for hosting last month's anniversary thread. Holo's a huge part of why Famiboards is such a great, fun, safe place to hang out—not only by giving a whole year to moderation duties, but also by guiding the newer gang. So with our first full year (and a month) behind us, I'd like to reiterate last month's theme once again: what should year 2 hold for Famiboards? I ask you to please consider this, and randomly drop comments whenever you have ideas! This is a community-driven site, and we're not easing up on the gas.

Comfy place - what's yours?

Now, this month's Star Topic is Comfy And Easy To Wear. For this month, I'd like to ask you to place yourself (either physically, or ~psychically~) in your comfy zone. Sip that glass of wine by the fire. Curl up in your pillow nest with your Joy Con. Sit on that park bench in the above low-resolution hero image. Where ever your comfy place is, let your conversation come from there! To get conversation started, I'd like to ask - what's your comfy gaming situation?

What's new for November?

Whew, October was something else! Hope everybody is recovering financially from that absolute banger of a month. But... what's Nintendo got in store for us for November?
Let's take a look at this month's upcoming games.

Doraemon: Story of Seasons - Friends of the Great Kingdom - November 2nd​
Golazo! 2: Qatar International Stars - November 3rd​
It Takes Two - November 4th​
Harvestella - November 4th​
Sonic Frontiers - November 8th​
Oddworld: Soulstorm - Oddtimized Edition - November 8th​
Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk and Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk - November 11th​
Tactics Ogre Reborn - November 11th​
Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - November 18th​
Just Dance 2023 - November 22nd​

Looks like quite a chill month relative to last month, at least. For me, the big ones are Pokemon Scarlet and Tactics Ogre Reborn. What are you playing this month? Are you picking up any of the games listed above?

Wrapping up

Not gonna be long winded here. Going to be honest, I'm writing this at 9:14 CST on November 1st because I completely forgot I was making this months ST. I was sick! I have an excuse!! ....sort of. I apologize for the wait, and I'll make it up to everyone here by making this a kickass (yet ~chill~) ST.

Enjoy this Pantheon of STs past:

|ST Oct. 2021| by @mazi
|ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or… by @Derachi
|ST3 Dec. 2021| Topical Threes by @Suswave
|ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections by @Skittzo
|ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3 by @Dardan Sandiego
|ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode by @EvilChameleon
|ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel by @EvilChameleon
|ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8 by @Barely Able
|ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer! by @Irene
----------------------------------------------------- retro divide -------------------------------------------------------
|ST10 July 2022| Julyve A Live by @Plum
|ST11 August 2022| Everybody’s 11-12 Discussion Thread by @Legion of Primes
|ST12 September 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03 by @xghost777
|ST13 Oct. 2022| Our First Famiversary! by @hologram

As a reminder, I'd like to ask you three questions to kick off this ST:

1. What should year 2 hold for Famiboards?
2. What's your comfy gaming space?
3. What games are you excited about this month?

Happy November everybody! Let's get comfy.

1667311344715.png

I was in the process of responding to what @Dardan Sandiego was asking about the Switch Drake and when I hit the post button to said NOPE, TOPIC CLOSED and considering how rough Drake talk sometimes gets I actually find that quite funny

Also lovely ST, @bellydrum ❤️

Finally, you are here. Great ST.
Thanks, glad to see you here yourself. Are you comfy right now?

I was in the process of responding to what @Dardan Sandiego was asking about the Switch Drake and when I hit the post button to said NOPE, TOPIC CLOSED and considering how rough Drake talk sometimes gets I actually find that quite funny

Also lovely ST, @bellydrum ❤️
Looks like I chose the exact perfect time to make the changeover then!! :devilish:

Thanks, glad to see you here yourself. Are you comfy right now?

Looks like I chose the exact perfect time to make the changeover then!! :devilish:
Not dealing with any hand episodes right now so I say yes

My games I was looking forward to this month were Pokémon, tactics ogre, god of war and spider man miles morales on my steam deck before I decided to quit on that stuff for now until what my hand therapy says tomorrow. I may just play what got till January.

My comfy gaming space is in bed, my partner normally falls asleep before me (usually on my shoulder) so I detach my Joy-Cons and put my Switch on my chest with a bluetooth earbud in and play for an hour or so most nights. Definitely my comfy gaming space!

What I'm expecting Nintendo to do for Metroid Prime's 20th anniversary this month:

giphy.gif

Comfy new thread! Yeah!
Woo!!! Weclome!!

At this time of the year, armchair, blanket, a nice cup of tea, and the Switch in handheld mode. Nice and comfy.
Oooh now that's comf

Tactics Ogre: Reborn, babyyy!
Hell yeah I'm so excited for this game too

That's one quality shitpost image, I am impressed.
Thanks! She's smiling!

Also nice attempt to spruik for the Chit Chat thread but I think we all know we're staying right here lol
It's a test to see who the real ones are

Woo hoo! New ST! Great work @bellydrum!

In regards to the questions:
1. Famiboards has been a wonderful place to hang out, and I hope it continues to be so. That said, I can't really think of anything to contribute.
2. My comfy gaming place is on the couch with a very casual outfit (something comfy and easy to wear, if you will).
3. Games I'm excited for this month include Sonic Frontiers, Pokemons Violet, and sure, I'll get God of War Ragnarok eventually.

1. Famiboards has been a wonderful place to hang out, and I hope it continues to be so. That said, I can't really think of anything to contribute.
Nice!!! So far so good!!

2. My comfy gaming place is on the couch with a very casual outfit (something comfy and easy to wear, if you will).
That's similar to my comfy place! My comfy gaming place is on the side couch in our living room with two pillows behind me and a blanket on top of me. Preferably with a coffee by my side :D

That new thread smell.

Speaking of comfy, as soon as I returned to the UK from Texas I embraced KNITWEAR.

1) Year 2 for FamiBoards - I hope that it continues to be a chill but lively place. I also hope that Nintendo answer questions that have reverberated around this website since it was founded (EPD 8? EPD 10? EPD 9? Drake?)
2) My comfy gaming space is being sprawled on the bed next to the dog.
3) Not buying anything this month, though I am looking forward to completing Bayonetta 3 and Xenoblade 3 in the next few days/weeks.

3) Not buying anything this month, though I am looking forward to completing Bayonetta 3 and Xenoblade 3 in the next few days/weeks.
Very nice, how far are you in both games? What are your thoughts on Xenoblade, and what are your thoughts on Bayo?

Hello new thread people

1) Year 2 for famiboards should continue the trend of being a cool tight knit community of Nintendo fans. This is definitely the best Nintendo forum on the internet right now with so much care put into the site's presentation and features

2) My comfy gaming place is sitting back on my reclining couch with my Switch in handheld mode

3) not planning to pick up anything this month cause I'm so behind on October games but I should finish Bayonetta 3 over the next week and then I want to return to Persona 5 Royal

It's Q4 at my work and it isn't as busy as it should be. I might just bust out my Switch and play some games.

@bellydrum to answer your questions

1. Hoping for more members here and for the drake to finally be announced
2. My nice chair
3. My goal is to try not to buy anything with my hand issue right now till January. I got plenty to keep me busy anyway. Dead space and fire emblem are my next new games for sure.

Xenoblade will be my first, real serious game I’ll start playing once it fully recovers once I hear from what the hand therapist says tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Woo, new thread! Check out the posts on this baby!

1) Constant demands for the release date of the Switch Drake, immediately followed by similarly intense demands for the release date of the Switch Drake Pro.

2) My bedroom. Which is funny, because technically I could play wherever I wanted, what with the Switch being portable and all. But because when I was a kid the console was in my bedroom, at this point my brain simply equates "video games" with "bedroom".

3) I bought so many games last month that I'm going to try to clear my backlog a bit before I even think about buying even more. Time will tell if I succeed on this endeavor.

my goal for this month is to only talk about Nintendo-adjacent things here and everything off-topic in the roost
At first I thought you meant only nintendo adjacent things as opposed to actual nintendo stuff. Like you'll talk about the Rabbids but not Märiou

November might be the most cozy month of them all. Welcome to the new thread!

I'll answer the questions when I don't have work in a half hour, lol

I don't know how to phrase this without sounding impatient but as soon as clubs have notifications I think they'll really come into their own

For years now I've pretty much exclusively played games at my desk, so my answer would actually be tabletop mode on the train, which I got to experience during two trips earlier this year.

My sisters are getting Pokémon, so begrudgingly so am I

As far as new games I'll only buy Pokémon this month. Hopefully I will finish Dragon Quest IX too, maybe even before that. I also bought Detention on sale and I'll need to play that before we talk about the film in University. Other than that I'll play games I've had for a long time and still not finished like Dragon Quest VII, Yakuza 0, or Professor Layton 5, we'll see. Also probably a little Melee and grinding some Ultra Street Fighter IV.

All that, but I still want to spend less time with games and especially talking about games/watching and listening to videos about games. Let's see how successful I am with that lmaoo

1. Good Vibes! Hopefully some new exciting activities as well, I know between the upcoming events, the tournaments and clubs, and the new boards, there's SO MUCH ROOM for activities!
step-brothers-room-for-activities.gif

2. Wherever I can get some gaming in, usually my couch.
3. All the games I held off on buying last month!

Are you picking up any of the games listed above?
Hell yeah, I'm getting like 70% of those. Even that game with insanely long title that involves the location of milk.

Also, much respect for making my favorite pokémon of all time your avatar. 'shrew rules!

It’s Pokémon and Bayo 3 for me this month. I’m waiting for more clarity on this double gold points offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom