• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do really love cozy vibes so November is actually good

JUST LIKE THIS ST @bellydrum

Can’t wait for Pokemon because I took the week after it’s release off

Looks like we got a new DK render. First time I'm seeing it, anyway. Obviously, it's inspired by the old one, but still cool nonetheless.

I'm probably only going to get Tactics Ogre reborn this month as I'm planning on getting DQ treasures for dec. and that's going to consume a lot of my time.

Very nice, how far are you in both games? What are your thoughts on Xenoblade, and what are your thoughts on Bayo?
Xenoblade 3 I've really loved, and have spread it out over 3 months now. Nails a lot that I enjoy about the series, reigns in some excesses, and has the most enjoyable and best balanced cast for my liking.

Bayonetta 3 I'm not that far into - maybe a quarter to a third of the way in - but chapter 4 was my favourite part yet. It's trending towards being something of a hot mess for me; not necessarily because of the well documented technical stuff, but more because of the sheer number of ideas and gameplay types it's throwing around. The good stuff is top tier, but I'm not sold on some of the rest just yet.

ARK on Switch with update looks amazing on OLED. Just booted it up and I know I'll sink some hours into it this week.

Who remembers playing this on original hardware?

PXL_20221101_163933853.jpg

Curious as to why there’s now separate boards for Pokémon and retro games when this same forum already got rid of the separate board for deals and the separate off-topic board is also hardly used here. I feel like further separation isn’t really a good thing here—or if anything, I’d expect the first separate gaming board to be one for non-Nintendo games/systems. Also, I’m gonna forget these other boards exist 90% of the time so I guess I’ll probably be missing out on most of the Pokémon and retro discussion.

Or, if you want to declutter the Treehouse board, maybe get rid of the Garbage Galaxy tag, or give that its own board; I’m sure removing most of the shitposts would clean up the place quite a bit. =P lol

EDIT: Just saw that threads will still be posted to Treehouse first (at least for the Pokémon board; seems like users have the choice of posting threads in Treehouse or not for the retro board, though), so that makes it a bit better at least.

Last edited:
didn't there used to be a fourth pinned thread? I seriously can't remember what it was

edit: just remembered, pay me no mind lol

Thread smells like a hot cup of cocoa with small marshmallow bits.

As a competitive answerer, I'll try to see what I can do about these questions:

1. What should year 2 hold for Famiboards?
I'll be honest, I have no grand expectations for Famiboards because it already fits my needs pretty well. It actually is my comfy internet spot, away from all most of the cynicism. If we can keep that and make things even more chill, that'd be even better.

2. What's your comfy gaming space?
Funnily enough, my office at home. Got a nice little corner, a comfy couch and my Switch dock.

3. What games are you excited about this month?
Bayonetta 3 is only arriving later this week, should hopefully have enough time to finish it before Pokémon is here so I can play with my gf. I'm also eyeing some other stuff (Ghost Song, Tactics Ogre etc.) but I don't know when I will have time for these with my backlog being as big as it is.

Barbarian is a great horror movie for anyone who’s still looking for some fun scares in this post-Halloween part of the year

didn't there used to be a fourth pinned thread? I seriously can't remember what it was

edit: just remembered, pay me no mind lol
They moved stuff around a lot last month. Before the Halloween thread, the ST ST was there - that one moved like 3 or 4 times lol (I believe it went from here to the Roost to R&D then back to the Roost)

Just Pokémon Violet for me this month, will see what reviews say about Sonic Frontiers (particularly the Switch port) but that will be a buy when it’s very cheap game.

Thanks for once again a great ST @bellydrum and happy November to everyone. Y'all make this website special and a very comforting place to come and chat.

1. Hope that it continues to be a place full of good vibes and good people!
2. In my TV room, whether it's 5AM and I just woke up or 2AM and I can't sleep, window is open, only thing you can hear outside is cars and trains, dog resting near me, enjoying a good game and a cup of tea while the world is asleep.
3. Curious about Sonic Frontiers, tempted to buy Pokémon, but honestly after playing a few action-packed games in the last weeks I'm mostly looking forward to play Harvestella.

It Takes Two, Sonic Frontiers, Dad of War 2 and Violet and Metroid Prime Remakester

Switch Pro and Tears of the Kingdom hype rollercoaster

My living room and my bed.

Pokemon, Tactics Ogre, Harvestella, The Legend of Sonic: Breath of Chilidog, potentially that new Story of Seasons game aaaaaaaaaaaaand that's about it.

Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger

It would be cool if the 30th anniversary for Shin Megami Tensei resulted in some ports/remasters like Persona's did. Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, the Devil Summoner games, maybe some kind of remaster of Shin Megami Tensei IV.

I failed No Nut November, guys. I'm pretty sure the rules say peanut butter is out and I ate a Reese's earlier, so better luck next year!

I feel comfortable being spooky so I'm gonna stick with the Halloween vibes a little longer.

Right?! It's seriously addictive, and every time you get the hang on one thing, your reward is a totally new set of rules to learn
I only just got the game and did 3 rounds, one for each of the first 3 characters. Won with character 1 and 3, so cool how simple yet strategic it is and how different you have to play with the characters. Man I can see myself really getting into it. Terry Cavanagh stays winning

In the latest episode of "What's wrong with me? (regarding Sonic Frontiers)"
I'm putting it as a higher priority than Dad of War 2.

New month, new thread - neato! Nice Op, OP.

• Glorious games - Silksong, Tears of the Kingdom, Pikmin 4, Octopath 2!
  • Potential new hardware
  • New Directs

• In my office/mancave for mature games
  • Or in livingroom with my family all around

-
Releasing or playing?
- Releasing - Harvestella, Tactics Ogre
- Playing - Bayonetta 3, Sparks of Hope

It would be cool if the 30th anniversary for Shin Megami Tensei resulted in some ports/remasters like Persona's did. Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, the Devil Summoner games, maybe some kind of remaster of Shin Megami Tensei IV.
I'm really curious about Atlus's next move, it sure will involve Switch. DDS or DS Raidou games are among the most logical candidates, so are the recent VanillaWare games.

But please, no SMT4. It had the worst dungeon design in the whole series, due to Atlus wanting to push 3DS graphically rather than building something more complex. I wanna lost in SMT's dungeons and SMT4 didn't allow me to do that.

Also annoying characters. All other Samurai were bland as hell, especially Jonathan and Isabeau. Thanks to them SMT4 feels like a spiritual successor to Strange Journey rather than Nocturne.

More memes. I feel like we can push the boundaries further with more sandwich as well.
Ideally, more hype. With the (certain?) return of E3 next year, maybe next summer won't be as quiet.

In my living space with some heating/cooling source going depending on the time of year.

Mostly Pokémon Scarlet/Violet because I have only a Switch, but I'm also revisiting Bayonetta to build up to the new game along with finishing off a bunch of stuff that fell to the side with all the RPGs I played this year.

1. I hope I'm more active here

2. I like to play most of my games in my chair

3. I will probably only buy Pokemon for new games this month, but I'm interested in Tactics Orge and will try to get that later. Will prob scoop up a good amount of stuff during the big Black Friday/Thanksgiving eshop sale

In the latest episode of "What's wrong with me? (regarding Sonic Frontiers)"
I'm putting it as a higher priority than Dad of War 2.
how does one subscribe to Boz Presents: What’s Wrong With Me?

also what format are we talking is this like a podcast or

1. I hope I'm more active here

2. I like to play most of my games in my chair

3. I will probably only buy Pokemon for new games this month, but I'm interested in Tactics Orge and will try to get that later. Will prob scoop up a good amount of stuff during the big Black Friday/Thanksgiving eshop sale
I know you're just answering belly's prompt and just left out the quote, but I choose to believe this is an unprompted game of "two truths and a lie"

No. 1 is the lie btw

It's kinda crazy that Microsoft bought all of these studios to make games on their platform and two years into this gen and they still need more outside devs to assist in making games for their platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom