• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Nintendo DCMA'd like every single streamer including GameXplain and Kit and Krysta for policy violartions showing the trailer. The streams are all still up but if you skip to the end you'll see they were all simultaneously cut off for violation with a black screen and message

It's kinda hilarious how we're probably getting three Mario things in H1 next year, and only one of them is game related (DLC for Mario Kart). Really weird.
True! Though we're also getting Mario + Rabbids DLC, and there's a decent shot of a Mario game announcement in February, maybe a 2D Mario for the holidays?

Eu8VEELU4AEIyYJ

Made something that completely unintentionally sounds like Animalese from Animal Crossing

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

So uhhh maybe my idea to voice all of the sound effects myself isn't such a good one... unless this is so bad it's good, which I could totally go for.

Genuinely curious if anyone thinks a whole game like this would be cool or would it just be annoying

Last edited:
How much you wanna bet that the new DK game will use the movie design?
I am kinda suspicious that there are a lot of Kongs in the film, and that they've redesigned DK for the first time in like what, 27 or 28 years? I was already suspicious on the back of EPD seemingly working on two 2D platformers and because of the theme park plans. Even without the rumours, those are some suspicious developments.

Like sure, it genuinely could just be a decision made for the film; that they felt it made more sense as a homage to the original design given that's the Kong that Mario fought in his first appearance. There's clearly a lot going on in the film that seems to celebrate the wider universe of Super Mario, including the arena where DK and Mario fight having elements from the arcade game, as well as Mario's leap into action being a clear riff on Smash Bros (check out Ultimate's cover art).

I had wondered, though, if with EPD presumably taking DK back into their fold, we'd get something that combined the DKC character designs and gameplay with the older arcade style titles and especially Donkey Kong 94. Anyway, we're approaching 9 years without a new DK game which has to be unprecedented and movie design or no, I feel like we can't be that far off. I hope...

Just got an email from Best Buy about Advance Wars
We were just informed that the release date for the item listed below has been updated to Thursday, December 31, 2026.

You don't need to take any action at this time. We'll keep you posted if anything else changes, and we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

We appreciate your patience, and thanks again for shopping at Best Buy®.

Sincerely,

Your Customer Care Team

Weird they chose that date of all dates, but maybe the game just isn't coming out.

Need a space to vent. Sorry!

My work called me in for a meeting because I’ve had a few absences lately. Most of the absences have been to take care of my sick kids. Actually, all of them! Most recently, my son had pneumonia.

I am missing tomorrow because my daycare is closed, my backup daycare is closed, and nobody we know is available at all. They took this as a call to action, and wanted to make sure I was actually truly trying to come to work.

Been there for 6 years, through some really tough times. I teach more classes and have less prep time than anybody else in the entire building. Never once have I sloughed off or given the impression of doing so, and honestly the suggestion that I might is more offensive than anything else an employer has implied.

Anyways, HR isn’t your friend, capitalism blows, workplace is discriminatory against parents, etc.

I have this one and it has been used like, multiple times a day. It's a bit pricey though.

I was actually thinking the smaller Ninja Air Fryer might be good but didn’t know how reliable the brand was. This is for my SO’s mom, who wants something small and easy to put into a cupboard for storage. Thanks for the rec! If you like this one, I’m sure their smaller unit‘s good too.

Maybe I should get an air fryer for myself…

I was actually thinking the smaller Ninja Air Fryer might be good but didn’t know how reliable the brand was. This is for my SO’s mom, who wants something small and easy to put into a cupboard for storage. Thanks for the rec! If you like this one, I’m sure their smaller unit‘s good too.

The smaller one is, of course, smaller so you'll have less room but yeah I totally understand the cupboard space issue.

I use this thing for everything. Heating up frozen food, especially chicken nuggets/tenders. Making fries from scratch, takes less than 20 minutes. Popping popcorn in flavored oil, toasting bread, making a tuna melt (my wife does, I hate tuna), heating up carryout or leftovers, spring rolls, pizza slices, crock pot soups, you can make a whole chicken in less than an hour, air fryer steaks are incredible, etc.

So much you can do with this thing.

River City Girls 2 is still aiming for release this year, but it is cutting it close. This and Sports Story in the same month would be incredible.

I was asking because of what you were responding to, it seemed random
Ah I see. I was just posting since it was like an instant thing that happened at the time. Had that bad whiplash so no clue what triggered it.

The migraine then made it hard to see light , forcing me to log off for a while

Just watched Willow for the first time since I was little in preparation for the TV series. What a fun movie.

Whaaaaat?! When did we add all of the Switch Avatar Icons as options in a gallery when changing your avatar here, that’s sick! @bellydrum is to applause I assume?

and bc you know I love to… feature request to auto sync with my Switch Avatar if that’s at all a possible API thing (assuming no bc Nintendo lol)

it's becoming more and more grating with every new entry

I’ve wanted to see voice acting in Pokemon for a long time, yet I actually appreciate the lack of it here since I’ve been playing online the whole time talking with family and friends and wouldn’t be able to enjoy it. Should be there still.

Going to watch the trailer after I finish Guardians Holiday Special. I have a feeling The Waitresses are about to get Fleetwood Mac'ed / Kate Bush'ed thanks to this release. Or they ought to if Millenial TikTokers have any taste.

Apparently Nintendo DCMA'd like every single streamer including GameXplain and Kit and Krysta for policy violartions showing the trailer. The streams are all still up but if you skip to the end you'll see they were all simultaneously cut off for violation with a black screen and message
Ninteninjas hitting a new high I see

I feel seen by this. My stupid brain can barely remember the last movie I saw but I can talk your ear off about video game secrets, lore, and history.

With the Mario movie and TotK Nintendo doesn't need to release anything else next year.

giphy.gif
I'd be ok with this. Pikmin can move to 2024 and I'd still have more than enough Nintendo games to play from the backlog.

River City Girls 2 is still aiming for release this year, but it is cutting it close. This and Sports Story in the same month would be incredible.

That has to be an issue on the VA side or something. The JP release date has been locked and loaded for months, and LRG already collected all the physical pre-orders for outside Japan. Very very weird.

That has to be an issue on the VA side or something. The JP release date has been locked and loaded for months, and LRG already collected all the physical pre-orders for outside Japan. Very very weird.
Apparently the English VA is in the Japanese release so yeah really not sure what the hold up is. Maybe they missed some deadline in applying for a digital release on one of the stores and had to reset the date for everything else? Or some version exclusive glitch had to be addressed? Weird situation for sure.

it's becoming more and more grating with every new entry

Yeah, this seriously needs to happen.

Like I've played countless games with stories I loved with no voice acting but the issue with Pokemon is that it is very much not really interesting enough story wise for the text bubbles alone to carry them so I end up just mashing buttons and skipping through the text barely even bothering to read it. They play out like an episode of Naruto filler with the sound muted.

Those voices really made those scenes 1000% more engaging.

I don't really want or expecting a ton of high production or amazing writing to keep a Pokemon story engaging but I need these games when they are attempting to tell me one to give my audio/visual senses in my brain more to chew on than they currently do.

I would recommend against getting a small one. You won't fit enough in it to get any use out if it - instead if batch cooking, like you say you'll do, you'll just not use it

Source: someone who has the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid

Got in a fun batch today! Also waiting for 3 more shipments then I’ll do a full nov haul pic

IMG_6208.jpg

As for the box, got my displate posters in too

IMG_6209.jpg

IMG_6211.jpg

Personal question:

Is gaming a way for you and your partner to bond? Or are you partners not into gaming?

I've dated a lot in my life, but never dated someone who liked gaming like I did. I had a few partners who were super casual with it(we'd play Mario Kart every now and then and we played some It takes two) but nothing serious. Just curious to see others experiences.

The release of this game really did fly under the radar. It didn't get much discussion when it came out despite the original being pretty well received and having a great word of mouth. It probably took so long to come that people just kinda just forgot about it.

It amazes me that we have a 600 page long thread dedicated to a Switch successor that hasn't been officially announced OR leaked yet.
I was going to quote this with a gif of the president at the end of Book Of Secrets going "what book?", but in doing so I learned that we don't actually get a surname for the president in that movie, which is kind of blowing my mind right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom