• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an interesting saga getting the banjo kazooie randomizer to work on the steam deck. Had to find a specific program to get exe files to run but I got it working. Getting it to that point was a headache on its own

QjkWL1B.gif
There was an attempt at a wink here

Got Ruler in the Splatfest. That was quite a grind where a lot of people seemed to think inking the spawn at the start was a good idea.

Which model did you get?
256 gb. Been mostly tinkering around with it and I do have some games downloaded. But it’s been messing with my head some so I’ll be taking a little break from it.

Overall it’s been great. I think I finally got everything set up the way I like it so I can enjoy the games

Well this sucks. It was something I checked for and none of them had it, and it was something I had in the back of my mind…. My tv’s only output is digital audio. I could hook it directly to the BR but that doesn’t help me as much.

The good news is the Blu-ray player works and my universal remote works with it.

Edit: additional good news, converters are cheap too

Last edited:
That video is bizarre. What even is going on there? She’s a flight attendant, but then she’s like, a biker chick, but then a secret spy assassin, then finally a flight attendant again. I’m so confused.
I would almost guarantee she was, too

I really should’ve finished Xenoblade 3 before starting Splatoon, I haven’t touched it in weeks. The icon just sits there sadly neglected on the switch home menu, and what’s worse is now with the TotK hype and watching a streamer struggle through BotW I really want to revisit that game too. Oops

I'm gonna keep sinking my time into Mass Effect 3; if I do that, I'll probably finish it this week. I can then move on and carry on with Xenoblade 3 and start getting some regular Splatoon 3 time in.

Wait a minute here. You're a material scientist who's making games for living instead? And you're jewish? You're literally exactly same person as my cousin. Well, save for some key differences. He failed to find a job as a material scientist and now he's working as a 3D artist wfh for some Israeli animation studio. And he's more jewish than me.

Turkish here, (Greco-Turkish to speak technically). In Turkey kebab means any meat stuff with something going through it. Shish kebab, Adana kebab, Antep kebab, cuce/juje kebab, they all are skewered. There are some exceptions like Tas Kebab, which originally was known as "Tas Goulash". No idea who changed goulash with kebab. Goulash is actually a turkish word as opposed to Kebab.

Nooo, please. I don't like Eggbrecht's vision for future of Rogue Squadron. He seems to be ba ig fan of motion controls. Let someone else do it. My candidate would be Fish Labs (Embracer). Those guys know how to do space sims. Chorus was fine as hell.
oh hell yeah, thank you for the true lived context to my half-gathered internet-thrashed notion

I’ve gotta stop saying things I read on the internet

The first Splatoon 3 Splatfest ended at 5:00 PM today. The first Fami Splatfest hosted in this thread between Team Squid and Team JRPG ends at 5:00 PM tomorrow (a smidge more than 23 hours away!). It’s your last chance to poke people who haven’t voted yet!

Speaking on positive vs negativity, I hope I don't come across as "toxic positive".

I spent most of my life as a fairly pessimistic person; the main reason I am so upbeat nowadays was that when I had cancer a few years ago I had sort of reprogram my brain to be more optimstic in order to not be overwhelmed by despair and terror.

After a while, I found that by consciously making an effort to be more positive, my quality of life and general mood improved greatly, and so I stuck with it until it became an ingrained part of my personality.

I also just find it a bit tiring that like 95% of gaming discourse on the internet nowadays is aggressively negative. It really bums me out, so I try to be a force for optimism whenever I can, as I find I just enjoy gaming and life more this way.

Last edited:
I also just find it a bit tiring that like 95% of gaming discourse on the internet nowadays is aggressively negative. It really bums me out, so I try to be a force for optimism whenever I can, as I find I just enjoy gaming and life more this way.
Sometimes I think that people looked at the AVGN and completely missed the point, and here we are.

Speaking on positive vs negativity, I hope I don't come across as "toxic positive".

I spent most of my life as a fairly pessimistic person; the main reason I am so upbeat nowadays was that when I had cancer a few years ago I had sort of reprogram my brain to me more optimstic in order to not be overwhelmed by despair and terror.

After a while, I found that by consciously making an effort to be more positive, my quality of life and general mood improved greatly, and so I stuck with it until it became an ingrained part of my personality.

Personally I was making a "yeah!" button joke about that post, I don't really see excessive positivity as toxic or even at all problematic.

Err, depending on what it's about I guess.

The first Splatoon 3 Splatfest ended at 5:00 PM today. The first Fami Splatfest hosted in this thread between Team Squid and Team JRPG ends at 5:00 PM tomorrow (a smidge more than 23 hours away!). It’s your last chance to poke people who haven’t voted yet!
we need two more categories: number of posts and number of yeahs

Reminds me of one of my quotes: “Happiness takes practice.”

I also just find it a bit tiring that like 95% of gaming discourse on the internet nowadays is aggressively negative
More like internet discourse in general. For some reason, negativity sells. I guess it’s easier to vehemently disagree with an opinion if you don’t have to see the disappointed puppy look of the guy you’re disagreeing with.

I’ve neglected to get this game still. Maybe when I have less on my plate I’ll finally pick it up.
I was neglecting it myself, but then my friend surprised me with it as a gift. Makes it even sweeter.

Stopping by after driving from NY to PA today to say that Avatar is very solid and the theatrical re-release was a sublime experience this weekend. It's not a great script, but it's perfectly serviceable for a blockbuster, especially compared to much of the superhero genre these days (looking at you, Phase 4). The worldbuilding and below-the-line craftsmanship is masterful, and it's a really fun watch, even if it's probably a good 15 minutes too long. Props to Cameron for making an original, non-franchise, $300m film with staunchly anti-capitalist and anti-colonialism themes.

The five minutes of footage from The Way of Water was simply astonishing. My IMAX theater is also fitted with HFR (high frame rate) capabilities, which really enhanced the experience in a way that The Hobbit movies tried, but belly flopped.

we need two more categories: number of posts and number of yeahs
Before I decided on the current format (just the poll and then a separate questions game), I was wondering how I could add more categories or track stuff like how many people added team hashtags to their name (which for the latter so far turned out to be uh…just me). I wasn’t sure how into it people would be, so I decided to do two games.

If we ever did this again (maybe when the Octo Expansion equivalent drops?), I’d ask to team up with you and others to build hype and ask someone like Bellydrum if they’d be interested in making and running a script to check results like that. I wish I thought of it earlier so I could have requested it sooner, but I did throw out an idea in the site feedback thread about adding a poll option where no one knew the results of the poll until the conclusion. Definitely would have generated some discussion for this event, but I knew no matter what we still had the hide results until voting option and I didn’t want to pressure anybody with it. I also had some lore planned like Judd The Cat was presiding over the competition and double checking each vote, but I thought people might have thought it was too goofy so I cut it out.

Definitely very happy how the thread turned out overall! This was a fun thing that got people talking in the beginning and the thread question answers have been a lot of fun through the whole month! Very glad I did both.

Before I decided on the current format (just the poll and then a separate questions game), I was wondering how I could add more categories or track stuff like how many people added team hashtags to their name (which for the latter so far turned out to be uh…just me). I wasn’t sure how into it people would be, so I decided to do two games.
as someone who has tried to do stupid bullshit and immediately given up I recommend the kiss method for forum threads

Stupid observation time:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Splatoon 2 released within the same year.

Their major paid expansions also released within the same year.

Now, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Splatoon 3 have released within the same year and their major paid expansions will most probably release next year.

Wait, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon both dropped in 2015

It is a woomy ride, this passage of fate.

A few things from the random goodies haul I grabbed from storage at my parent's house!

Remember when Nintendo did back-to-back covers for Metroid games in Nintendo Power?

E7sPGxo.jpg

Still probably my favorite video game box of all time, simple as it is:

2P63iVk.jpg

This Aria of Sorrow fold-out poster is sick:

hvzXrD1.jpg

Speaking of CRJ and Bleachers, I stumbled upon this last night...

So I finally got to a point where I could listen to this on a good set of headphones (instead of my tinny 5yr old phone speakers) and I just want to point out that I lost my shit right at the beginning with the BttF lines

A few things from the random goodies haul I grabbed from storage at my parent's house!

Remember when Nintendo did back-to-back covers for Metroid games in Nintendo Power?

E7sPGxo.jpg

Still probably my favorite video game box of all time, simple as it is:

2P63iVk.jpg

This Aria of Sorrow fold-out poster is sick:

hvzXrD1.jpg
Awesome finds!

This brings me pain knowing all the game stuff from my childhood is long gone. Oh well, I’ll have to live vicariously through others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom