• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would now post a joke about the german word for fat / chubby ... but i won't as in english that certain word has a very specific different meaning.

If you're curious, i enlighten you in hint form: You can find the word in the name of entertainment legend Dick van Dyke.
Gotta love German <3

I'll propose Steam Thicc, btw

put that shit on a shelf and call it
~ *. Steam Decor .* ~

Last edited:
someone who's not me make a thread

I see a lot of people expecting either pure kino or Mario 2, when in reality is going to be another completely unremarkable and inoffensive movie like Detective Pikachu.

@Imitatio it came!

PXL_20220922_161557433.jpg

Would you be willing to open the device up, so to replace the pre-installed storage with a bigger SSD? (Like, 256 or more GB?) If so, get the 64 model for the best value. If not -> 256 or 512GB models.

Between the latter two ... -- well, it's hard to really recommend one over the other. If you've got the money, then the 512 model seems like the better choice, as you'll not only get more, but also faster storage, even if only slightly. The matte screen thing isn't as one-sided as one would think, though. There have been quite a few people with issues with their 512 model screens in the form of bubbles under the panel. The colors can also look a tad more muted, which is pretty much expected with a matte screen. You'll have reflections on the 256 model screen, obviously, but there don't seem to be any or at least as many issues as with the more expensive one.

Personally, I chose the 256 one, for I didn't feel like spending more than that on a device I merely wanted to test for myself and wasn't 100% sure about keeping in the long run. Given how much the Deck still feels like some kind of Beta product, I'd generally suggest people that aren't 120% on board with PC gaming/Valve/Steam to rather pick the mid tier 256 GB option. If it's to your liking, then might as well spend more on Steam Deck 2 from the get-go, is what I'd consider at least.
I'm to this day still torn on whether I really love the Deck as a handheld gaming device, so I'm glad I went with the 256 model. Just keep in mind that stuff like, say, FF 7 Remake with its 95GB size will veeery quickly fill this thing up. But the mSD card option is a good way to mitigate that.

Sorry if this seems a bit messy, I've been quickly typing this out on my phone while commuting, lol.
I just wish there was a cheaper option for people who aren’t necessarily looking for an AAA machine

I would now post a joke about the german word for fat / chubby ... but i won't as in english that certain word has a very specific different meaning.

If you're curious, i enlighten you in hint form: You can find the word in the name of entertainment legend Dick van Dyke.
Vans are pretty chubby vehicles. Glad you decided to censor yourself on this one.

I just wish there was a cheaper option for people who aren’t necessarily looking for an AAA machine
I'm not sure whether there are handheld PCs sub 400 bucks, honestly. The Switch is in a league of its own mostly, other than if you want to count some of the Android handhelds on the market (which mainly aim for retro emulation, Google Play gaming as well as streaming...).
X86/PC architecture based devices, though? Eeeeh.

Edit: The Ambernic Win 600 might be the exception
Not sure it's good value, tho!

I can see why they released 3 episodes of Andor all at once. The first episode just kinda...ends. There's no real hook for the next episode.

Nice stylised Hyrule Field in UE5.

Skipped through the video so maybe I missed it, but Link leaving Kokiri Forest while Saria is waiting for him on the bridge is what makes or breaks these kind of remakes for me if done well :)

This reminds me of the English delicacy "spotted dick."

And here I thought you were going to present one of ye olde Boba Fett jokes.

Machen Sie den Witz.

I feel like this could be done. A few times over the last decade I've got cheapo Chinese Windows tablets and used them with USB or Bluetooth controllers for some simple Steam on the go. The first one I got was in 2015 for about $100 and I was impressed I was able to even play some Fallout New Vegas on it, but mostly I did things like visual novels and 2D RPGs. Even with a few years of inflation, I feel like a half decent product like that that also incorporates gaming controls could happen for $250 or less. After Switch blew up I kept expecting one of the Chinese manufacturers to slap on some faux Joy-Cons and try to make a big deal out of it, but I don't think it's happened.

My new Bass Stand is in. Time to fire up rocksmith later today and start refreshing and getting some rust off

IMG_5861.jpg

I have also somehow only discovered The Clash’s magnificent Seven yesterday and seriously want to learn that bassline

So no Goldeneye 007 on NSO this week?
Monday night announcement isn’t impossible but tonight is most likely if we’re getting something this month

Looks like we did get a Metroid Prime update today after all thanks to Hard Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom