• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My internet has been down for ~18 hours now, with no fix in sight, and I hate every minute of it.

I was at the hospital for the past several hours. They think I probably have MS but I need to call the neurologist tomorrow. I've had a suspicion for the past few days but it still hits pretty hard. I guess I'll find out more in the coming days or weeks. I think the range of outcomes can be pretty large for MS but it's still a lot to take in.

I'm rooting for you, hopefully it's not MS but if it is - hopefully not an agressive form.

One of my best friends was diagnosed with MS a few years back at a young age (30), GOOD news is that they've come quite far in terms of keeping it under control at the time and they've come even further since (he's turning 40 next year) and he rarely if ever has any replases these days.

Usually don't make posts on here like this, but it just hit me today that I'm actually looking forward to games for the first time in a long time. The only time from 2019 and onwards I've really been at all excited about a game was TWEWY NEO. But next year, Fire Emblem Engage, Tears of the Kingdom, and Street Fighter 6 all look like genuinely potentially all-time greats (well, maybe not Fire Emblem, but by virtue of it being the followup to Three Houses it has a good shot even if the initial trailer was underwhelming to me). Additionally, I'm quitting my current job and starting a new job in a couple weeks which should in theory allow me to actually play games on the weekdays again.

I was at the hospital for the past several hours. They think I probably have MS but I need to call the neurologist tomorrow. I've had a suspicion for the past few days but it still hits pretty hard. I guess I'll find out more in the coming days or weeks. I think the range of outcomes can be pretty large for MS but it's still a lot to take in.
Fingers crossed that it’s something else or at least benign. Can’t imagine what must be going through your mind but I’m wishing you all the strength you need right now.

Hopefully you don’t have MS, or if you do it’s only a mild case.
Usually don't make posts on here like this, but it just hit me today that I'm actually looking forward to games for the first time in a long time. The only time from 2019 and onwards I've really been at all excited about a game was TWEWY NEO. But next year, Fire Emblem Engage, Tears of the Kingdom, and Street Fighter 6 all look like genuinely potentially all-time greats (well, maybe not Fire Emblem, but by virtue of it being the followup to Three Houses it has a good shot even if the initial trailer was underwhelming to me). Additionally, I'm quitting my current job and starting a new job in a couple weeks which should in theory allow me to actually play games on the weekdays again.
Street Fighter 6 looks so good. I really really hope SF6 will get ported to whatever the next Nintendo hybrid is.

My steam deck is out for delivery

Hopefully Valve doesn't officially announce a successor in earyl 2023 so you still have a good trade in value! ;D

J/K enjoy. It's wild to me that this thing is more powerful than my "gaming" laptop that can't run shit anymore. To be fair, it's also very old. I just fell out of PC gaming due to the cost.

So im playing mario odyssey again for the 80,000th time. But im playing after 100 percenting galaxy 1 twice last year. Comparing the two titles, movement definitely feels better in odyssey, in fact odyssey may be the best controlling 3d platformer ever made. However, the kingdoms lack a lot of the cool larger than life level design seen in galaxy. Id like a game that splits the difference. Keep the movement, and open levels from odyssey, but provide levels that are less grounded in reality and offer more platforming challenges. Also, i know both games sound tracks go for different things, bug i prefer the somber tones and epic high’s of galaxy’s orchestrated sound track then the more experimental and varied sound track of odyssey. Both excellent games though, and im happy to play either of them any time!

677b949c59f183a2241ec76c5d5dde9d.jpg

Look at that chunky lil onion. Now that is a Nendoroid i have to get.

Don't ask me how much I paid, but I was able to order a very good condition all in band kit for Rock Band 4 on Xbox One for my Series S. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, and drugs are bad mkay.

As someone with MS, if it is that, please feel free to reach out. I know it can be tough and pretty scary but I'm here if you have any questions or just want to share your thoughts.

I woke up from a dream about generation 10 Pokemon, and that some of them were Pokemon created during this upcoming gen 9.

Omniodozurt

It was poison/electric, I remember it apparently chewed cables, and it looks similar to Avalugg/Carkoal but sort of a purplish red. The face was towards the bottom of the body, and it could almost split its body from its regular height down to sort of be a slush that could move low on the ground. It also knew explosion (but I don't remember seeing it in use)

It was a weird looking one.

Nostalgia can be fun though

I got some Transformers.. and I feel like a kid again
Honestly for me RB "dying" was more a result of me moving back home, not having an xbox one to transfer over my music, and not having space at my parents to keep the kit set up. I only just got a new Xbox in the past 4 months (and live in an apartment with space), so it didn't take me long to wanna get myself updated to the modern game.

I guess tonight or next Monday is the moment of truth if we’re getting a n64 NSO game this month. More likely tonight. Curious to see what it is if it happens

Street Fighter 6 looks so good. I really really hope SF6 will get ported to whatever the next Nintendo hybrid is.
Seeing as the game is coming out to ps4 and its RE engine, chances are pretty good. Capcom should have devkits at this point right? So my guess would be they announced it for system during on of its future big update (obviosly the system has to be out by then)

Seeing as the game is coming out to ps4 and its RE engine, chances are pretty good. Capcom should have devkits at this point right? So my guess would be they announced it for system during on of its future big update (obviosly the system has to be out by then)
I mean, I hope so. You never know what silly thing will stop a game from appearing on a platform.

look at them and get a tiny dopamine hit to help me exist on this dreadful plane
Mmm dopamine I like dopamine

Ok new dream from yesterday.

Next Star Fox game is again developed by Platinium Games, its has gameplay segments very similar to Astral Chain or Vanquish but with sorta open world airwing segments and other on rails missions. It also features multiplayer segments. Its much higher budget than before and directed by Taura.

Would you buy it?.
I've had similar, if different, thoughts in the past regarding an outright Platinum-developed Star Fox title, even down to the possibility of Taura's direction, though I'd suggest the gameplay be designed to evoke the series as it already exists rather than be too tied to particular examples. And some of the moves from Smash Bros. would be fitting to be pulled in, even.

The scoring after a mission is even somewhat reminiscent of the scores one receives in the rail shooter titles, leading to some further connective tissue with most if the series, and there really wouldn't be any reason that form of stage couldn't be significantly involved.

Further, if you look at Assault back on GameCube, this could lead closer to the direction that seemed intended with that game.

Though Kamiya might be incredibly jealous should a different individual at Platinum receive this honor.

Regardless, I figure something would have to go pretty wrong for me to outright dismiss the results of this suggestion.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was thinking about small Pikmin figures. I quickly found these which seem pretty nice, but also about twice as tall as "real" Pikmin. Is there such a thing as "life size" Pikmin figures? This seems like a place that would know about it if there is.

I've not really bothered with figures outside of things that came packed in limited editions, and some amiibo... but the Samus Dread figma is something I'm keeping an eye out for.
Yesterday I was thinking about small Pikmin figures. I quickly found these which seem pretty nice, but also about twice as tall as "real" Pikmin. Is there such a thing as "life size" Pikmin figures? This seems like a place that would know about it if there is.
So tempted.

Do we still expect Metroid Prime Remake/Remaster to be announced for this year?

If the game exists, just know that things change. It happens in every company, and we see it time and time again with delayed video games.

Hopefully Valve doesn't officially announce a successor in earyl 2023 so you still have a good trade in value! ;D
I wouldn't expect a successor this soon

But a revision, though.. 🤔😏

look at them and get a tiny dopamine hit to help me exist on this dreadful plane

also take pictures of them

5-E4-C95-E3-928-D-47-E5-A3-D5-C6-FFC158116-C.jpg
Ah, so instead of actually playing with them you simply look at them and get proud of showing them off.
Just like me with video games 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom