• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 12 Sep 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03

The First Fami Splatfest: Which Team Will You Join?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it really 9 months? Wasnt it like february?
Would be a super weird set of games to have as drake exclusives.
That's the most logical explanation though. We've had 3 Directs since then but still no announcement. If it really exists, we'll either see it in the February Direct or Drake reveal video, I hope.

I'm ready for The Witcher 3's next-gen upgrade. Been itching to restart it after never finishing it back when it came out.
I played the game for a LONG time and got near to where I thought was the end, ended up taking a break, then finally going back to finish it and had a lot more to go. It's extremely long, much longer than I even thought it was. But it was one of those games that felt very satisfying to finally finish, I really enjoyed the conclusion. One of the strongest overall narratives and set of vignettes that I think I've ever experienced in a game.

want that sleepy chicken
For some reason googling that got me this:
Durian-Chicken-Anime-Character-Stuffed-Toy-Soft-Cuddly-Friend-Sleeping-Pillow-Comfortable-Plush-Figure-Toys-MU8669.jpg

Which looks like something @Suswave would draw.. somehow?

Finished Cyberpunk Edgerunner. I'd give it an 8/10. Netflix does some dumb shit with their anime but I think this is their best use of the their release format yet. A relatively short but binge-able complete original story. Super violent. Lots of nudity. Definitely not something for kids. Definitely something your teenager self would try sneak at watch late a night. Very good looking anime although the vehicles look bad but this is an issue I have with a lot of anime. Fun characters that we don't get to spend enough time with. My main criticism is the length. It definitely uses its 10 episode runtime to its max but I wish he had gotten to know from the crew more. It would have made the deaths in the show a bit more impactful.

Main takeaway from the show: if there's a woman (or women) in your life giving you smart advise, you should probably listen.

Folks, please do your research before you fly off half cocked on bad ideas. I got overly nostalgic for Rock Band and impulse bought RB4. While I was able to install my 300+ dlc so songs, all my old instruments (minus the microphone) don't work with RB4 and it's gonna cost me like $600 to get the RB4 stuff used :(

Folks, please do your research before you fly off half cocked on bad ideas. I got overly nostalgic for Rock Band and impulse bought RB4. While I was able to install my 300+ dlc so songs, all my old instruments (minus the microphone) don't work with RB4 and it's gonna cost me like $600 to get the RB4 stuff used :(
This is one of those times Iโ€™m glad I have rocksmith on pc, I can do custom dlc songs and itโ€™ll still run on my toaster of a laptop. Which reminds after nearly a years hiatus Iโ€™m breaking out the bass tomorrow and getting back to my practicing because my new stand will finally be in. Just found a fun bassline I want to mess with to, the one from Clashโ€™s Magnificent Seven

New Lupin movie(OVA?), itโ€™s CG and itโ€™s a Cats Eye crossover of all things?!?!?!

Well is one of the most random announcements Iโ€™ve seen since Iโ€™ve really started following anime XD.

New Lupin movie(OVA?), itโ€™s CG and itโ€™s a Cats Eye crossover of all things?!?!?!

Well is one of the most random announcements Iโ€™ve seen since Iโ€™ve really started following anime XD.

Wow, very excited, despite the fact that it's an Amazon Original and they don't seem to be able to produce anything good besides the shows featuring the three former Top Gear fellows (and maybe the new LOTR show ? Idk haven't seen it yet)

Yo what that is amazing

Weird. I thought @Raccoon was just sick or something and wanted to knock out dinner and medicine in one go.
Oh itโ€™s gonna knock you out alright.

@Magic-Man 2021: "I don't get why people get attached to their cars. It's just a replaceable means of transportation"

@Magic-Man 2022: "I would die for my car"
Lintemuth-Studios in 2020: "Popeyes is trash, they don't know how to make good side dishes and the chicken sucks. The only good thing they make is the chicken sandwiches. Catch me at KFC."

lmao
(Yes, I googled that)

Lintemuth-Studios in 2020: "Popeyes is trash, they don't know how to make good side dishes and the chicken sucks. The only good thing they make is the chicken sandwiches. Catch me at KFC."

lmao
(Yes, I googled that)
The one thing Popeyes is good for is the Blackened Ranch. I stock up on it whenever I go and then use it at home on pizza, salad wraps, quesadillas, all sorts of stuff.

Also what the hell kind of grudge are you holding to remember he said that years later? ๐Ÿคฃ

Anyone got any input on which Steam Deck to go with if I decide to order one?
Would you be willing to open the device up, so to replace the pre-installed storage with a bigger SSD? (Like, 256 or more GB?) If so, get the 64 model for the best value. If not -> 256 or 512GB models.

Between the latter two ... -- well, it's hard to really recommend one over the other. If you've got the money, then the 512 model seems like the better choice, as you'll not only get more, but also faster storage, even if only slightly. The matte screen thing isn't as one-sided as one would think, though. There have been quite a few people with issues with their 512 model screens in the form of bubbles under the panel. The colors can also look a tad more muted, which is pretty much expected with a matte screen. You'll have reflections on the 256 model screen, obviously, but there don't seem to be any or at least as many issues as with the more expensive one.

Personally, I chose the 256 one, for I didn't feel like spending more than that on a device I merely wanted to test for myself and wasn't 100% sure about keeping in the long run. Given how much the Deck still feels like some kind of Beta product, I'd generally suggest people that aren't 120% on board with PC gaming/Valve/Steam to rather pick the mid tier 256 GB option. If it's to your liking, then might as well spend more on Steam Deck 2 from the get-go, is what I'd consider at least.
I'm to this day still torn on whether I really love the Deck as a handheld gaming device, so I'm glad I went with the 256 model. Just keep in mind that stuff like, say, FF 7 Remake with its 95GB size will veeery quickly fill this thing up. But the mSD card option is a good way to mitigate that.

Sorry if this seems a bit messy, I've been quickly typing this out on my phone while commuting, lol.

Also what the hell kind of grudge are you holding to remember he said that years later? ๐Ÿคฃ
None at all! :'D
I don't know why, but Lintemuth at one point at the old place changed his name to Magic-Man and I simply noticed right away (while others didn't at first), and ever since I've been kinda bringing his old username up every once in a while, lol. It's a weird, completely random quirk of mine.

The quote from above was simply one I found when googling his username just now. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Too hard to look for something more fitting or with a better punch line when on my phone on the train. ;P

So yeah, pretty much a low effort "joke" post.
(I know, it's incredibly funny, we all lmaoed and loled and whatnot ๐Ÿฅฒ)

lmao
(Yes, I googled that)
And I still believe that. Popeyes is trash.

None at all! :'D
I don't know why, but Lintemuth at one point at the old place changed his name to Magic-Man and I simply noticed right away (while others didn't at first), and ever since I've been kinda bringing his old username up every once in a while, lol. It's a weird, completely random quirk of mine.

The quote from above was simply one I found when googling his username just now. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Too hard to look for something more fitting or with a better punch line when on my phone on the train. ;P

So yeah, pretty much a low effort "joke" post.
(I know, it's incredibly funny, we all lmaoed and loled and whatnot ๐Ÿฅฒ)
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Ah, alright. Well, it reads like it's somewhat inappropriate/unpleasant to bring it up again, then, so I'll just leave it at that. My apologies if it bothered you!
Oh it's completely okay! It's just a name at the end of the day. I think it's funny.

Makes you wonder how the series would have grown if: publisher/localization team didn't rely on multiple parties (stability) which goes into their western release pipeline, their focus on being on a single platform (small team though) and the marketing of this grand encompassing story (making it harder for players to jump in.

But a lot has change, games are coming out and hopefully 1 day there will be WW releases (doubt it) and all the games will be available on your platform of choice.

I was at the hospital for the past several hours. They think I probably have MS but I need to call the neurologist tomorrow. I've had a suspicion for the past few days but it still hits pretty hard. I guess I'll find out more in the coming days or weeks. I think the range of outcomes can be pretty large for MS but it's still a lot to take in.

The machine gets super hot and the screen ain't lit(pun intended).
Have you played around with the TDP yet? Should certainly help with the temperature.
The screen is just ... pretty middling. Certainly worse than even the OG Switch's.
You could use a plugin to at least boost its vibrancy and adjust its white point calibration a bit, though. That's what I've been doing and it's made a big difference, I enjoy the display a lot more now, even if it doesn't make for the most colour accurate screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom