• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

so 3D All-Stars uses LunchPack and has references to Pikmin

Nintendo Switch Sports had similar references to Star Fox
"But one other interesting tidbit from the interview was the fact that he talked about Star Fox. When asked if there was any character he wanted to develop or felt very passionate about that didn’t make it, Miyamoto replied:"

"Yeah, I always wanted Fox McCloud to be a bit more popular than he is. [Crowd: “awww…”] But I think one more would be Pikmin. So I think these two, I’ll need to put some more energy into."
:unsure:

"But one other interesting tidbit from the interview was the fact that he talked about Star Fox. When asked if there was any character he wanted to develop or felt very passionate about that didn’t make it, Miyamoto replied:"

Shigeru Hintamoto.

so 3D All-Stars uses LunchPack and has references to Pikmin

Nintendo Switch Sports had similar references to Star Fox
Well about those Pikmin files; the name in those test stage filenames would correlate to Takeshi Hayakawa (alongside Hirokazu Matsuda, Tatsuya Kurihara and Hiroaki Hishinuma for the others), staff from EPD Tokyo (which is why I consider the big news here to be that group moving to Lunch Pack, a possible explanation for the gap after Odyssey). Likely these are entirely unrelated to Pikmin 4; even the Pikmin, PikminShip and PikminSnakeCrow (Burrowing Snagret) objects referenced don’t seem likely to be for a Pikmin project as there wouldn’t be a need to have Pikmin as a prefix in the latter two filenames. The Goomba object in there isn’t MarioKuribo; just Kuribo.

Less skeptical about the same thing in the context of logic nodes. We’ve heard that Star Fox has been tested internally on Switch so it’s hard to say if these are leftovers from that or from a project actually progressing.

IMG_2001.png

From the Iwata Asks for Star Fox 64 3D:

“I'm Amano from the Software Development Department of the Entertainment Analysis & Development Division (EAD). For Star Fox 64 3D, I was a sort of coordinator, operating between Q-Games and Nintendo and helping to determine various specifications.”

Iwata
“Is this the game you worked on after New Super Mario Bros. Wii?”

Amano
“Yes. It was soon after that. I came to participate in this project because every time I met (Takaya) Imamura-san—who has always developed Star Fox—I said, "Make a new Star Fox game, please!"

Iwata
“You kept telling Imamura-san to make a new Star Fox game, and the next thing you knew, the job had fallen to you.”

great,more hyphotetical games to expect at every direct and them be disapointed when it doenst show up,at least pikmin 4 its out of the list

Weren't Creatures hiring for UE5 development of all things before? Obvious Switch supports that but it's just wild that we could see some kind of Pokémon project on it, and I'd figure Detective Pikachu 2 would be a very prime candidate for it, especially if they wanted to take SOME cues/inspiration from the movie.

Seems like ambrella is alive inside of creatures, they moving to a bigger building this year,and said the original games division is great expanding and they working on multiple switch games,one must be a new Pokemon Rumble

Weren't Creatures hiring for UE5 development of all things before? Obvious Switch supports that but it's just wild that we could see some kind of Pokémon project on it, and I'd figure Detective Pikachu 2 would be a very prime candidate for it, especially if they wanted to take SOME cues/inspiration from the movie.
There is an interview about UE5 on their site,they currently researching it but it seems like a future goal,all the job posting and interviews about Pikachu 2 list UNITY

Seems like ambrella is alive inside of creatures, they moving to a bigger building this year,and said the original games division is great expanding and they working on multiple switch games,one must be a new Pokemon Rumble
OH SHIT, Ambrella actually lives in name and everything? Source?

OH SHIT, Ambrella actually lives in name and everything? Source?
they got absorved but it seens like they exist as an separate group inside of creatures despite helping on their games
"He joined Creatures in 2020 when it merged with Umbrella, and not only manages its own projects, but also provides internal PM support."

Ozawa is Muneaki Ozawa

"Currently, the environment development department is working on supporting physics-based rendering, and is looking for a balance between realism and Pokemon-ness. With new technologies appearing every day, ray tracing, which calculates the color and brightness of objects by tracing light rays, and super-resolution technology such as DLSS, will probably become essential. We are also paying attention to the technologies introduced in the latest game engines such as Unreal Engine 5.

Technology is required to raise the antenna and collect, and to select what can be used. For that reason, I participate in study sessions held by programmers in the same industry and am conscious of learning various technologies. In the past, I was impressed by a colleague who I respect and said, "Technology is an individual asset, but documents are company assets." In addition to making it a document that anyone can understand, it also leads to technical study, such as being able to reconfirm points to note when ``here's something wrong'' at the stage of compiling.

By creating a basic mechanism and documenting the technology, I aim to generalize my experience and technology so that any programmer can use it. Creatures is still developing in some areas, but we have extremely high-level members who are pulling the whole team together. Even just looking at the program team, I can have a constructive exchange of opinions, and I like the friendly atmosphere of the company as a whole."

I tasted Pumpkin Spice Latte for the first time. It wasn't great.

"Currently, the environment development department is working on supporting physics-based rendering, and is looking for a balance between realism and Pokemon-ness. With new technologies appearing every day, ray tracing, which calculates the color and brightness of objects by tracing light rays, and super-resolution technology such as DLSS, will probably become essential. We are also paying attention to the technologies introduced in the latest game engines such as Unreal Engine 5.

Technology is required to raise the antenna and collect, and to select what can be used. For that reason, I participate in study sessions held by programmers in the same industry and am conscious of learning various technologies. In the past, I was impressed by a colleague who I respect and said, "Technology is an individual asset, but documents are company assets." In addition to making it a document that anyone can understand, it also leads to technical study, such as being able to reconfirm points to note when ``here's something wrong'' at the stage of compiling.

By creating a basic mechanism and documenting the technology, I aim to generalize my experience and technology so that any programmer can use it. Creatures is still developing in some areas, but we have extremely high-level members who are pulling the whole team together. Even just looking at the program team, I can have a constructive exchange of opinions, and I like the friendly atmosphere of the company as a whole."
DLSS huh?

Sad to hear this, nothing beats a pumpkin spice latte to me! One of the best lattes for sure
I guess I'm just not used to the flavor. I didn't hate it for sure, but it's not something I'd drink regularly.

Detective Pikachu 2 may be nearing release, but what could the other unannounced project be...

Pokemon Rumble is so played out so I say Pokemon Channel 2: Hey You, Pikachu! 3.

Sad to hear this, nothing beats a pumpkin spice latte to me! One of the best lattes for sure
i love that fall has become Pumpkin Flavor Season

just picked up some pumpkin madeleines at targét and pretty much inhaled the whole package

i love that fall has become Pumpkin Flavor Season

just picked up some pumpkin madeleines at targét and pretty much inhaled the whole package

It's the best! Trying to uber eats a pumpkin spice latte over right now but Starbucks isn't showing up as available... I need it

For god's sake please be an ambitious 2d game,
I don’t even think I care if it’s “ambitious”. I just want something that looks and sounds different in literally any way at all from the NSMB games. If I never hear the “BAH BAH” again it’ll be too soon.

They're only available for a limited time, I gotta get them while I still can! Then it'll be gingerbread latte season...
I just realized I posted in the wrong effing thread, I'm sorry for the offtopic everyone lmao

Detective Pikachu 2 may be nearing release, but what could the other unannounced project be...

Pokemon Rumble is so played out so I say Pokemon Channel 2: Hey You, Pikachu! 3.
For real. Rumble's too done to death already.

I'd adore a proper Hey You Pikachu sequel. I loved Channel, but it was much more limited in comparison. I want a proper virtual pet experience and let me wander Pokemon locations in first-person again collecting shit. That was the coolest as an early Pokémon fan.

I just realized I posted in the wrong effing thread, I'm sorry for the offtopic everyone lmao
no this is the right thread. we're all waiting for Pumpkin Spice Nintendo games this season

For real. Rumble's too done to death already.

I'd adore a proper Hey You Pikachu sequel. I loved Channel, but it was much more limited in comparison. I want a proper virtual pet experience and let me wander Pokemon locations in first-person again collecting shit. That was the coolest as an early Pokémon fan.
as long as they aren't ugly. I get what they were going for, but it was fucking ugly

I really wanted to embrace latte posting in the first party thread

As an update Starbucks isn't offering pumpkin spice lattes on uber eats, I'll just stick with a white mocha for now and get a pumpkin spice one later today while I'm out

Great pull on that quote! I really hope to see an ambitious reimagining of Star Fox that can capture much more interest. I wonder what kind of game that would be. I'm picturing something with exciting and creative setpieces like Kid Icarus Uprising.

Where are we at with first-party games known about from official sources (leaks are a seperate discussion) but not actually shown off in any meaningful way?
  • Metroid Prime 4 - Retro Studios [Announced]
  • Detective Pikachu 2 - Creatures [Announced]
  • Unannounced Title (Metroid Prime HD) - Retro Studios [LinkedIn Listing]
  • Unannounced Pokemon Spin-Off - Creatures / Ambrella (?) [LinkedIn Listing]
  • Girls Mode - Syn Sophia [Job Recruitment, 2020]
  • 2D Action Game - Nintendo EPD Kyoto [Job Recruitment, 2019]
  • 2D Action Game - Nintendo EPD Tokyo [Job Recruitment, 2020]
  • 3D Action Game - Nintendo EPD Tokyo [Job Recruitment, 2019]
  • 3D Action Game Remaster - Bandai Namco [Job Recruitment, 2022]
  • Medieval / Stylish Action Game (Jet Dragon?) - Grezzo [Job Recruitment, 2021] (might not be Nintendo published)
Working on the assumption that Vanpool's port project was Return to Dream Land Deluxe. Sure would be nice to see any of these sometime next year.

Rumble is an interesting spinoff to return. I am not sure a Rangers would work now. I would love a GX to come back but Genius is doing Cafe mix (and they are like 20 people)

Just an update to my latte situation, got a Pumpkin Spice latte while I was out today. Decided to try it iced for once. Still great, even when cold! Really refreshing too.

Ngl it’s getting tiring waiting for a new 2D/3D Mario or DK game. Like not even announcement still. I know something of these will be announced next year.
The wait will be well worth it. I am sure.

Just an update to my latte situation, got a Pumpkin Spice latte while I was out today. Decided to try it iced for once. Still great, even when cold! Really refreshing too.
as a Gay i only ever drink iced coffee, it’s so refreshing

Honestly feel like Pokémon TCG makes so much sense as a Switch game, and we've at least seen a few spin-offs actually hit Switch these days... but yeah, not optimistic.
it's damning that the digital version of the game is made by TPCi rather than by Creatures themselves

Back
Top Bottom