• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

First 3D Mario for mobile phones
the first real auto runner after Nintendo mislead us with the reveal of the Switch 3D Mario.

3145620-mario.gif

Interesting to think that EPD 8 could have gone through all of the following since Odyssey launched:

• prototype game scrapped and outsourced to NST (Bowser's Fury - my pet theory)
  • location change (early 2020)
  • pandemic disruption (2020)
  • second team/project added (hiring call August 2020)
  • potentially moving over to and familiarising themselves with a new game engine (LunchPack)

Even if only some of those things definitely happened (the middle 3), it's a fair bit of chop and change.

Interesting to think that EPD 8 could have gone through all of the following since Odyssey launched:

• prototype game scrapped and outsourced to NST (Bowser's Fury - my pet theory)
  • location change (early 2020)
  • pandemic disruption (2020)
  • second team/project added (hiring call August 2020)
  • potentially moving over to and familiarising themselves with a new game engine (LunchPack)

Even if only some of those things definitely happened (the middle 3), it's a fair bit of chop and change.
The future of EPD 2023 onwards looks promising not going to lie with so mant teams having unreleased projects for so long and all growing so much (and still will grow even more) . I think we might get another Golden age for EPD the next couple of years

Fanboys be gutted Nintendo are using Nintendo Studios for film production because now they can't use it to make a "Welcome to the Family" image with Nintendo's development studio logos on it.

Fanboys be gutted Nintendo are using Nintendo Studios for film production because now they can't use it to make a "Welcome to the Family" image with Nintendo's development studio logos on it.
Nintendo doesnt treat the studios like a family there is EPD and then the rest, with Retro and Monolith getting a better treatment ;)

Guys, give me strength, my main switch is failling, a year 1 unit, i'm thinking about buying an OLED, but if Ninty announces Drake i'm gonna be so pissed.. I've been expecting this new model for years now... when they announced the OLED i couldnt even believe...
The OLED Is so expensive too... :/

Interesting.

It is curious that this is filed under classes 9 and 41 (for video games), but yes, as referenced above Nintendo Studios was one of the production companies filed under the Mario movie copyright. I posted the thread about it here:

Currently this is unrelated to the acquistion of Dynamo Pictures (who will become Nintendo Pictures) but we'll see where this goes.

Dragalia Lost added credits with it's final chapter. No developers listed, just the music (same info from the OSTs), and all the characters / voice actors. The artists featured are still found on the individual portrait pages in game.

Dragalia Lost added credits with it's final chapter. No developers listed, just the music (same info from the OSTs), and all the characters / voice actors. The artists featured are still found on the individual portrait pages in game.

So fucking wild to see classic Vancouver Canadian voice actors crossover with veteran US ones, former including Richard Newman (Rhinox in Beast Wars, Bear Hugger in Punch-Out Wii, and Cutlass in the DKC cartoon), Sam Vincent (Edd/Double D in Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Martin Mystery himself), Brian Drummond (OVER 9000 Vegeta, Knuckles in Sonic Underground), Erin Matthews (Ghostly Adventures Pac-Man), Chiara Zanni (Hamtaro himself), Richard Ian Cox (Inuyasha himself, Ian in Being Ian), Paul Dobson (Matrix in ReBoot), Alessandro Juliani (Nightscream in Beast Machines), etc. Love them all.

Guys, give me strength, my main switch is failling, a year 1 unit, i'm thinking about buying an OLED, but if Ninty announces Drake i'm gonna be so pissed.. I've been expecting this new model for years now... when they announced the OLED i couldnt even believe...
The OLED Is so expensive too... :/
If you watch eBay like a hawk, you can probably get a decent quality OLED for $300~. Console only gets it closer to that $300 mark though, sometimes under

Ask the devs segment for Xenoblade 3.

• Tetsuya Takahashi (Monolith) - General Director
  • Koh Kojima (Monolith) - Producer/Director
  • Genki Yokota (Nintendo EPD 2) - Producer/Director
Kirby and Xenoblade are now both under EPD 2. There was definitely some reorganization after Yamagami left

Worth noting, they're releasing this one at one chapter a day leading up to the game's release, so only the first page is viewable right now.

I will just wait for the DLC like with the sports games.

(Also is sad we havent got an interview for Strikers, hope the guys of NLG do it one by themselves with another outlet if there is no Ask the Developer for Strikers)
FOOL! If articles/pages can have DLC, we'd still have strategy guides as we'd get amended pages to staple on our bought guides! Right? ...Right? :(

FOOL! If articles/pages can have DLC, we'd still have strategy guides as we'd get amended pages to staple on our bought guides! Right? ...Right? :(
Nintendo Spain still gives online Strategy guides but their output has sadly slowed down a lot from the DS/Wii era when we got dozens of guides. They used to be made by the official Nintendo magazine here but it closed in 2018 which made them unable to make guides so all now is done ‘in-house’ Nintendo spain

Nintendo Spain still gives online Strategy guides but their output has sadly slowed down a lot from the DS/Wii era when we got dozens of guides. They used to be made by the official Nintendo magazine here but it closed in 2018 which made them unable to make guides so all now is done ‘in-house’ Nintendo spain
In NA we had Prima Guides (and BradyGames before they were bought and merged into Prima) and other guides but Prima called it quits in March 2019 IIRC (so they didn't make a Yoshi's Crafted World guide, but made one for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate).

TPC was actually using LSC Communications for their guides in recent years all the way to Sword & Shield... only there was a Hoopa hoopla when one employee used their job to leak the contents before release, that and with the company's buyout in 2020, likely put their relationship in jeopardy sadly. :(

Monolith surely is working on another project, beside zelda, Xenoblade 3 credits are much smaller than i expected and a lot of names revealed on interviews/art/linkedin/etc are not credited

Monolith surely is working on another project, beside zelda, Xenoblade 3 credits are much smaller than i expected and a lot of names revealed on interviews/art/linkedin/etc are not credited
the character art for XC3 was dated in 2019. so their next big title probably has a year or two under its belt already

Monolith hired the Lead Environment artist from bloodborne
Several staff from Gravity Rush/Knack
Art and Programming are just a bit bigger than 2/DE but the design team in charge of field is massive
Team from 90 to 120 have to take a closer look
Lot of new monolith staff unveiled in the last years is uncredited
Some Staff from DE didnt move to 3
No Honne

@everyone we won!!! 🥺

edit: another interesting fact is that Koh Kojima according to the interview isn't going to work on XC3 DLC, he has probably already moved on the next game of the Xenoblade team

Kojima:
I have not been able to participate in the development of the Expansion Pass, but the content looks like a lot of fun as I've been watching from the sidelines, so I'm a little jealous. (laughs)

I hope you look forward to it.

Last edited:
If I had to choose I feel as though I want a brand new 2D Mario rather than a 3D one. What I would do to have a sidescroller with a gorgeous new artstyle. With new powerups and abilities, bonus levels, secrets like in SMB3, make Bowser, Wario, Waluigi and Rosalina playable with an all new villain.

If I had to choose I feel as though I want a brand new 2D Mario rather than a 3D one. What I would do to have a sidescroller with a gorgeous new artstyle. With new powerups and abilities, bonus levels, secrets like in SMB3, make Bowser, Wario, Waluigi and Rosalina playable with an all new villain.
Me too, me too.... We already got a masterclass 3D Mario on the Switch. I wouldn't be too mad if we don't get another one or still have to wait a few years.
The last "new" 2D Mario was NSMB U. And no... I don't count the Maker games because they have a completely different focus.

At the very least, I doubt Production Group 1 has anything else in full production right now besides the Expansion Pass. Many of the programmers and planners on DE also worked on 3. The main exception is Shigekazu Yamada, but he could be working on BotW 2. If Koh Kojima isn't working on the DLC, then I could see Michihiko Inaba stepping in as director.

Honne's absence is interesting. We know that Production Group 2 is working on BotW 2, but I'm not sure if it was confirmed ever to be a Zelda group exclusively.

On the Nintendo side, Shinya Saito being involved makes me wonder what EPD 1 even covers now. EPD 2 used to mostly consist of Mario spinoffs, but now we have Xenoblade, Kirby, and presumably Fire Emblem if Yokota is still involved.

Monolith hired the Lead Environment artist from bloodborne
Several staff from Gravity Rush/Knack
Art and Programming are just a bit bigger than 2/DE but the design team in charge of field is massive
Team from 90 to 120 have to take a closer look
Lot of new monolith staff unveiled in the last years is uncredited
Some Staff from DE didnt move to 3
No Honne
well, with the world being 5x larger than XC2, the field design team being huge makes sense. picking up Japan Studio staff is fun to hear about

Im curious to see mp4's animation quality. From who retro hired (highly cinematic games such as god of war animators and mainstream studios such as dreamworks) and assuming the game's budget will be as large as we assume, i think it will be something really spectacular, at least for ninty levels.

Im curious to see mp4's animation quality. From what retro hired and what i imagine the game's budget will be, i think it will be something really spectacular, at least for ninty levels.
but will it be at NLG level?

Back
Top Bottom