• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2871.gif

Because they always have one in September, not in July. Unless it's focused on a single game, like Splatoon 3. I can see that happening.
Well this is my prediction on what’s gonna happen.
This week we get a new Pokémon trailer
Next week we get twitter direct from Nintendo where they just randomly drop info on some first party titles
August splatoon 3 showcase
September general direct

That was not a general Direct. Nintendo hasn't done any sort of first party Direct for summer yet.
Yes, but why would you have a third-party direct that's almost half an hour long and then a general direct (with third party games in it) a couple of weeks later. The direct we had was meaty, too. It had Persona, it had Mario+Rabbids, it had a bunch of big hitters. I don't think we'll see much more until the Summers over

That was the trailer for the first new 2D Metroid game after roughly 19 years.

What you just saw was the latest trailer for Bayonetta 3, we announced this game in 2017 and we thank you for your patience.

These two things might be the most hillarious things said in Switch era Directs, with of course Mario Movie cast announcement.

Yes, but why would you have a third-party direct that's almost half an hour long and then a general direct (with third party games in it) a couple of weeks later. The direct we had was meaty, too. It had Persona, it had Mario+Rabbids, it had a bunch of big hitters. I don't think we'll see much more until the Summers over
Exactly

I’m not expecting to see anything until the usual September Direct and it will be glorious because it will be like an E3 + September Direct (which are usually good) in one and I have a feeling they’re going to announce the new Switch aswell as show all the first party games including BotW 2 running on the new hardware.

Whether the new Switch releases this November or next March along with BotW 2 is another question. In an ideal World Nintendo will obviously want it out for Christmas even if it’s extremely supply constrained. If it makes the Holidays I wouldn’t be surprised if they use Wind Waker + Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime “4K Definitive Editions” to help push it.

Okay, but who is ready for another watching of Game Awards in December to think Nintendo will be there or BOTW2? I can't believe when we thought that BOTW2 will be there in 2019. 2019

Can't wait for Aonuma giving us the middlefinger when he shows up the next time. I bet for good measure he will uses both of them and then follows it up with an announcement of cancelling the Zelda franchise.

Hey, with that flaming Chibi Robo, did Nintendo actually make an announcement shortly after? Or was it just to rile up the fans further and nothing came of it?

I would like to know the team who decides what to put where in the Directs. Because starting September 2021 Direct with Sunbreak instead of Kirby, or February 2022 Direct with FEWTH instead of Strikers or anything else.

Okay, but who is ready for another watching of Game Awards in December to think Nintendo will be there or BOTW2? I can't believe when we thought that BOTW2 will be there in 2019. 2019
The wait for botw2 has hit me in waves. They released that initial trailer. I watched so many predictions and breakdown videos. I use to watch them every week then it was just silent forever and I stopped looking for news on it. Then they gave us that 1 minute clip in Feb and now I'm straight morbin

Yes, but why have one in the middle of July when September is just around the corner?
Switch era Directs have consistently been in a Spring/Summer/Fall cycle, and we have yet to have the summer one.
I'd flip the question on it's head. Why make such a meaty Partner Showcase when that could have been packaged into a standard general Direct? The only two reasons I can think of are that they're either skipping the summer Direct entirely (which I do not buy, as there doesn't really seem to be a good strategic reason for doing so, especially with a bunch of announcements that should be happening imminently (Mario Kart tracks, Switch Sports update, Splatoon 3 testfire, etc.)) or because there's something unusual, like a hardware announcement, that's going to take a bunch of extra time in their presentation that would normally have been occupied by third party announcements.

Can't wait for Aonuma giving us the middlefinger when he shows up the next time. I bet for good measure he will uses both of them and then follows it up with an announcement of cancelling the Zelda franchise.
We are proud to announce the cancellation of the sequel to the legend of zelda: breath of the wild. Peace out bitches.

Lets just say that BotW is the worst game in existence and a follow up to such a demo release shouldn't be called sequel. It should be called the full release.

GUYS. Nintendo Switch OLED trailer on Nintendo's channel went private. I swear it was normally public like 2 days ago. IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING.

link

Wasn't there another video people were losing their minds about being made private? The Switch Lite reveal?

That's weird, do they want to phase the thing out already...?
No, they set videos to private when they’re about to release a new video for something that COULD be mistaken as the previous video, to make sure consumers are watching the newest, and therefore most up-to-date video. So for example if there was a Direct on Smarch 10th 2021, and there’s another Direct on Smarch 11th 2022, they’ll private the Smarch 10th video to make sure people are watching the Smarch 11th video and not the year-old one by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom