• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Sep. 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had no idea Shovel Knight Dig was releasing this soon, nor did I know what the game was about. Suddenly very excited for that one.

Midnight Fight Express is up! Pretty slick brawler, kind of a combination of Hotline Miami and Yakuza. Tried it on Game Pass and decided to get it on Switch. Let's see how it runs...

Still chipping away at these 🎲y dungeons. 😄 The episode "Worse than a Curse" was really tough for us, the hardest in a while. It was so satisfying to die a bunch of times and then beat it with full health against Scacath. Man. This game is so good and addictive.

Also really psyched for Shovel Knight Dig reviews tomorrow! 🪵🔥🪵🌌

Still chipping away at these 🎲y dungeons. 😄 The episode "Worse than a Curse" was really tough for us, the hardest in a while. It was so satisfying to die a bunch of times and then beat it with full health against Scacath. Man. This game is so good and addictive.

Also really psyched for Shovel Knight Dig reviews tomorrow! 🪵🔥🪵🌌
I really don’t like inventor so it’s stalled my progress

I really don’t like inventor so it’s stalled my progress
It's a really unusual character build in the game to be sure. I'm not that far in the game but with the devil may care style of inventor for sure it's been tough to complete their episodes. Can you do the episodes for the others instead? I like how a bunch unlock at a time.

I actually liked the inventor a lot.

Despite being only ** stars difficulty I've never got to grips with the thief.

My favorite thief moment was stealing a potion from the alchemist and becoming a bear for the rest of the episode. Thief episode 3 I remember being tough. The Witch was the hardest character for me personally.

I actually liked the inventor a lot.

Despite being only ** stars difficulty I've never got to grips with the thief.

I think what really cracked me up was when I realized in the first battle that you absolutely had to permanently toss away gear. That was wild to me. And then the way the second episode kicks it up is just an extra cherry on top. I like the absurdist sense of humor in the game. The dialogue cracks me up a lot.

I personally like the Thief, at least the two episodes we've played. That being said we're about to go into the third Thief episode tomorrow, the one @Niraj mentioned and just from looking at the rules I can tell it's going to be a hilarious mess. The characters are all so different from each other that I can definitely see each one appealing to people differently. I said it before but it's really like several games in one to me. I also really dig that there are semi-structured levels to go through. I think if it was just random battles without the overarching structure it would be a lot less engaging to me. I like having goals and the in-game achievements. The character bios are a good reward.

My favorite thief moment was stealing a potion from the alchemist and becoming a bear for the rest of the episode. Thief episode 3 I remember being tough. The Witch was the hardest character for me personally.
I just fought the alchemist for the first time! It was really interesting...I was very surprised when they turned into a bear... especially in that hilariously rough Warrior episode.

It's a really unusual character build in the game to be sure. I'm not that far in the game but with the devil may care style of inventor for sure it's been tough to complete their episodes. Can you do the episodes for the others instead? I like how a bunch unlock at a time.
Yes, once you’ve unlocked the first episode you unlock the rest of that characters episodes solely by completing theirs(and there’s some margin too)
I’m still annoyed there’s no reward for clearing an episode as the bear. The witch can be swingy but the concept is easy to work around, I only have one episode left for her I think

Might grab the Metro Redux games since they're dirt cheap.

Yes, once you’ve unlocked the first episode you unlock the rest of that characters episodes solely by completing theirs(and there’s some margin too)

I’m still annoyed there’s no reward for clearing an episode as the bear. The witch can be swingy but the concept is easy to work around, I only have one episode left for her I think

It's been awhile since I played the regular episodes, but I remember Witch episode 4 being a big pain in the ass lol

Ironically I only got Game Pass for Tinykin and it gave me motion sickness so I decided to try Dicey Dungeons instead. Now I can tell we'll be at Dicey Dungeons for a while so I might as well cancel Game Pass and just buy Dicey Dungeons on sale.

I'm really enjoying Easy Come Easy Golf. Nothing fancy, no wild zombie outbreak or post apocalypse or whatever setting, no rpg/roguelike/popular genre of the month mash up. Just honest to goodness video game golf with unspectacular yet charming visuals and fun, well crafted gameplay from the Everybody's Golf devs. It's great.

A lot of games went on sale today in at least EU. Any good finds?
There's so many good games on sale it's kinda hard to know where to start :D

Jade Order is a great puzzler I picked up for $2AU.

Riddled Corpses EX is meant to be a fun twin stick shooter. 90% off.

I'll make a separate thread but Shovel Knight Dig got sublime reviews as I'd hoped.

I think this will be my first platforming roguelite. I'm steeling my shovel!

A lot of games went on sale today in at least EU. Any good finds?
Deku Deals helps a lot with this. Usually I filter for “new lowest price” to see if there any rare bargains.

I got Metro 2033. Other stuff (below 10 USD) that caught my eye: Kill la Kill IF, Mulaka, Horizon Chase Turbo, Hand of Fate 2, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Paradise Killer, Kaze and the Wild Masks, Saint’s Row The Third, Happy Game and Blaster Master Zero 3.

I'm really enjoying Easy Come Easy Golf. Nothing fancy, no wild zombie outbreak or post apocalypse or whatever setting, no rpg/roguelike/popular genre of the month mash up. Just honest to goodness video game golf with unspectacular yet charming visuals and fun, well crafted gameplay from the Everybody's Golf devs. It's great.
Yes, it's really is fantastic! Really good feel of progression and balance with difficulty curve.

Playing Easy Game, Easy Golf mixed with Return to Money Island is a great and chill combo.

Ironically I only got Game Pass for Tinykin and it gave me motion sickness so I decided to try Dicey Dungeons instead. Now I can tell we'll be at Dicey Dungeons for a while so I might as well cancel Game Pass and just buy Dicey Dungeons on sale.
It's a shame Tinykin gave you motion sickness - if I remember right you were looking forward to that one? I picked it up for my Pikmin-obsessed 8 year old son and we absolutely love it.

I got Dicey Dungeons in a sale a few months ago but only tried it a couple of times. To be honest I didn't really understand what was going on and I dropped it quickly 😂. I'll have to give it another go (if I can put down Splatoon 3!).

I'm debating whether to pick up Tunic when it comes out in a few days. It looks great, but my backlog! Perhaps I should try to finish Death's Door first - they look quite similar?

I'm also interested in OneShot - too many games! 😵‍💫

Deku Deals helps a lot with this. Usually I filter for “new lowest price” to see if there any rare bargains.

I got Metro 2033. Other stuff (below 10 USD) that caught my eye: Kill la Kill IF, Mulaka, Horizon Chase Turbo, Hand of Fate 2, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Paradise Killer, Kaze and the Wild Masks, Saint’s Row The Third, Happy Game and Blaster Master Zero 3.

I didn't know about the "new lowest price" filter. That's a game changer!

I was really happy with Kaze. If you like DKC and Y-L and the Impossible Lair sub-10 is an absolute steal. The first world feels derivative of DKC and is kinda misleading in that it made me concerned the whole game would feel like that, but the rest of the game was endlessly engaging and cleverly designed, especially when going for 100%. It definitely reminded me.of Rayman Origins, too.

It's a shame Tinykin gave you motion sickness - if I remember right you were looking forward to that one? I picked it up for my Pikmin-obsessed 8 year old son and we absolutely love it.

I got Dicey Dungeons in a sale a few months ago but only tried it a couple of times. To be honest I didn't really understand what was going on and I dropped it quickly 😂. I'll have to give it another go (if I can put down Splatoon 3!).

I'm debating whether to pick up Tunic when it comes out in a few days. It looks great, but my backlog! Perhaps I should try to finish Death's Door first - they look quite similar?

I'm also interested in OneShot - too many games! 😵‍💫

Thanks @docus! Yep, I was really jazzed for Tinykin for like 3 years so I was pretty bummed it gave me motion sickness. But Dicey Dungeons has been such an unexpected delight that I feel kinda lucky that Tinykin got me to sign back up for Game Pass and serendipitously try a game outside of my comfort zone. I definitely encourage you to give it another whirl sometime when you feel like a card battling roguelite. We just passed the halfway point of the main game as I understand it (about 21 episodes in) and it is so addictively fun, creative and satisfying.

About Tunic, for me personally, like @Earthbounder mentioned in the ST, it's one of my favorite indies ever made. For me that also makes it one of my favorite games ever made. It was a true pleasure to play through, experience and puzzle out. My SO and I spent countless hours working our way through its mysteries. I really can't put a price tag on that, but it's easily worth the asking price for any Zelda or indie game fan. (It definitely does its own divergent thing from Zelda, though.)

I grabbed TMNT Shredder's Revenge during the DotEmu sale and whoa...
  • The game is so short, 2 hours to clear the story.
  • The dialogue and even the VOs are super corny. Vocal BGMs included.
  • But it just feels so exhilarating to dive into a good bmup game, let alone a TMNT game. The last TMNT games I played were on NES and I watched some cartoon episode back then so playing Shredder's Revenge really brought me back to the good ole day lol.

I think DF's review already praised this game way better than I could ever have, but to sum it up, I'll never trade these 2 hours feat. me wearing a shit-eating grin constantly on my face for 20 hours on any other game, AAA included.

So it looks like there's actually going to be an update for TOEM with a new area. That's pretty cool and unexpected. Looking forward to it being available on Switch.

There appears to be a glitch in my Switch home menu. When I check my user profile's friend list and trending games, Radiant Silvergun doesn't show up anywhere.

I'm really interested in Moonscars, but the developers announced there is a game breaking bug, so gonna wait untill is patched.

Picking 2 of 3 games among the following:
FEZ
Forager
Griftlands

Any suggestions?

Is Forager up to date with the other versions, apart from the recent multiplayer cancelation mess?

Picking 2 of 3 games among the following:
FEZ
Forager
Griftlands

Any suggestions?

Is Forager up to date with the other versions, apart from the recent multiplayer cancelation mess?
I really enjoyed the first two. Griftlands looks interesting but I haven't played it yet.

Dragon Quest 1-3 are all on sale on the eShop - are these versions good? Thinking of pulling the trigger.

Sonic Origins is also on sale - is the Switch port good? (I know about music rights yadda yadda)

I've been playing Mulaka, which I picked up for €2.00. It's quite rough, combat feels floaty, is repetitive and there's too much of it, but I'm still somehow having a (relatively) good time. There's some charm to it despite all the very obvious flaws. I've seen people online compare it to Zelda, but I'd say Okami (which is of course like Zelda) is a more accurate comparison.

Dragon Quest 1-3 are all on sale on the eShop - are these versions good? Thinking of pulling the trigger.

Sonic Origins is also on sale - is the Switch port good? (I know about music rights yadda yadda)
Regardin DQ It's a mixed bag as they are based in the mobile version. 1 and 2 look weird in the grpahical side , and 3 you loose enemies animations and some extra content, but you get updated translations, better music and balanced gameplay. I normally only recommend 3, but if all them are cheap and you can handle the graphics go ahead.

Still has some glitches but they're present among all systems. Last patch got rid of some of them. I enjoyed it but I have nostalgia for the original games. As for the music I just mute the effected levels and play the original music off YouTube :p haha

Add me if you have Radiant Silvergun
SW 8247 3952 3990
Ahaha don’t have my Switch with me right now, but SW792193886881

Tho if you have multiple Switch(es) like I do, the “time played” can be totally screwed, even displaying “for a little while” instead of hundreds of hours. I think of my 400 strong library of games, less than 50 haven’t been reset as some point even more than once. Sigh.

I’d pay for Nintendo to release a 3DS-like activity app :-( lost my hope for that coming even more on the next switch

Ready to go full anime

I was looking at some perfomance videos as this is already out in Asia and so far it seems stable at 30fps with some dips when there is a lot of action, which is good if you consider the original release in ps4 went under 10 fps at some points, even on PRO (it was patched later with a lot of optimizations)

Ready to go full anime

I was looking at some perfomance videos as this is already out in Asia and so far it seems stable at 30fps with some dips when there is a lot of action, which is good if you consider the original release in ps4 went under 10 fps at some points, even on PRO (it was patched later with a lot of optimizations)

I’ve got Fatal Bullet to play, which is a random mix of jrpg, dungeon crawler and third person shooter. Your stats effect the guns you can use too! It’s in the world of the awesome spinoff Gun Gale online… except none of the spinoff characters have shown up yet as far as I’ve gotten

I’ve got Fatal Bullet to play, which is a random mix of jrpg, dungeon crawler and third person shooter. Your stats effect the guns you can use too! It’s in the world of the awesome spinoff Gun Gale online… except none of the spinoff characters have shown up yet as far as I’ve gotten
I was actually surprised Llen and Pito weren't available when the game launched, they were addedt later as a free update

Oh that’s good to know. Sucks the 4 mains and the cheerleading team weren’t in the start
Looking at the launch date it made sense now, the game was in Feb , while the anime started airing on April, so it was good promotion to keep the sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom