• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Sep. 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a recommendation between these 2 wishlisted games currently on sale:

EVERHOOD
or
YS ORIGIN?

Ys Origin is a blast and personally in my top 3 Ys games. The action, the controls, and the music are very good, and you can play with different characters each one with their own style.

Cool, I've been digging a few action RPG's (Beyond Oasis & Crystalis) lately so this is what I'm leaning towards.

Before we move on from the September thread, hope you all don't mind it... But I've got my review up about Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival; --First time writing for the NintendoBoy site (PT-BR content below)

In short, as my actual first Taiko game, I enjoyed a lot; Got a snazzy training mode you practice tiny chucks of a particular song you're having trouble with, and the Great Toy War mode is pretty fun (and chaotic) with items; Just got a little confused why they made songs from the previous game that were base additions, DLC this time around, and vice-versa (some of DLC for the past entry, now are base game songs); Overall, I think it's better game to jump in.

Before we move on from the September thread, hope you all don't mind it... But I've got my review up about Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival; --First time writing for the NintendoBoy site (PT-BR content below)

In short, as my actual first Taiko game, I enjoyed a lot; Got a snazzy training mode you practice tiny chucks of a particular song you're having trouble with, and the Great Toy War mode is pretty fun (and chaotic) with items; Just got a little confused why they made songs from the previous game that were base additions, DLC this time around, and vice-versa (some of DLC for the past entry, now are base game songs); Overall, I think it's better game to jump in.
Congrats on the article!

Also, If I understood correct, the music pass is suscription based on days, you don't actually get to download anything? BEcause that doesn't sounds cool.... I guess I can say it's to offset the licensing prices, but "oh I want to play X song, dang my 90 day suscription ended, time to pay again" it's not something I consider the best option

Congrats on the article!

Also, If I understood correct, the music pass is suscription based on days, you don't actually get to download anything? BEcause that doesn't sounds cool.... I guess I can say it's to offset the licensing prices, but "oh I want to play X song, dang my 90 day suscription ended, time to pay again" it's not something I consider the best option
Thanks! 🐺 ✨ On the matter of the subscription pass, I think you download the files (I know because I was able to play the extra songs in an online match, and it had a brief downloading bar), but as soon your subscription period expires, you won't be able to play them. They do, however, offer a couple of packs of certain themes at the eShop as standard DLC, so you can keep those musics permanently.. but those packs hardly cover every song in the pass.

Thanks! 🐺 ✨ On the matter of the subscription pass, I think you download the files (I know because I was able to play the extra songs in an online match, and it had a brief downloading bar), but as soon your subscription period expires, you won't be able to play them. They do, however, offer a couple of packs of certain themes at the eShop as standard DLC, so you can keep those musics permanently.. but those packs hardly cover every song in the pass.
Ok so there are DRM downloads then. Still a bummer, they should offer all of them as paid options and not just some packs

I'm still waiting on Taiko as I ended up pre-ordering the physical version and those were delayed. Glad to see a good review! I wish Bandai Namco would just do what they did with Taiko Drum Session on PS4 and have all the songs available to purchase individually.

Ahaha don’t have my Switch with me right now, but SW792193886881

Tho if you have multiple Switch(es) like I do, the “time played” can be totally screwed, even displaying “for a little while” instead of hundreds of hours. I think of my 400 strong library of games, less than 50 haven’t been reset as some point even more than once. Sigh.

I’d pay for Nintendo to release a 3DS-like activity app :-( lost my hope for that coming even more on the next switch
So it looks like we are already friends, probably from the previous forum. And indeed you have Radiant Silvergun listed in your history, so you've avoided the blacklist lol ;)

It's a really well made port and it comes with some excellent optional features which I'm not sure were part of the original release but elevate the experience above other entries in the genre by making it more accessible to people less familiar with shmups.

I am referring specifically to the training modes which allow the player to practice stages in slow motion and with higher-powered weapons in order to learn the enemy patterns more easily.

I grew up playing piano and mastering shmups has always reminded me of learning to play a difficult piece of classical music (or any music that is technical and fast).
This is normally done by playing through sections of the piece slowly and methodically, each time slightly increasing the speed of practice until you've reached the intended speed with no errors, so I've always wanted this option in a Treasure shooter.

The GC version of Ikaruga has a much more limited version of this feature and it has always bothered me. It actually feels incomplete - whether intentional or not.

I think this feature should be thoroughly implemented in many other games, not just shmups but fighting games and possibly other genres as well like rapid side scrolling platformers (DKC minecart levels) and rhythm games - it's basically an almost universal accessibility solution for fast-paced games which require accuracy.

Also, I would definitely pay a small fee for a good Switch activity log. No idea what's stopping Nintendo from making one. The data is there.

Cool, I've been digging a few action RPG's (Beyond Oasis & Crystalis) lately so this is what I'm leaning towards.

Not sure if you pulled the trigger yet but another big thumbs up for Ys Origin here, that game is awesome. Tight rewarding gameplay, great music, an interesting enough story (although I wouldn't go in for this reason alone) and quite a lot of replay value between the different playable characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom