• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST May 2023|

Joedev

Shriekbat
I7pYZrk.png

fXetPPM.png

CYYnpvr.png

79d8228c3927ebc0cb9a425d6b8313df3ec0c933f371e8634b324dd6df46cc1f

May 03 - Super Dungeon Maker

b1cc5d8990f11fc9b3b32b7c671f710c674ac71a47078164f90a5b9e2b7387b6

May 08 - Dokapon Kingdom Connect

a3850bec88ac444623bd85b7b197b87ce69041992ae4f0efb49f1cbea6156e56

May 11 - Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2

41e94053cc71d0a8295ca180e86b15c0ea69367e4e76b36dba6e0b775e08f604

May 15 - Trinity Trigger

37d778c43d31114751b990a2aa393fe64e7b463b1479765f9198490e477377b3

May 23 - Puzzle Bobble Everybubble!

ss_01bd5d41374d0cd069c6b6b7b835c39086c5b41c.1920x1080.jpg

May 23 - Warhammer 40000: Boltgun

089e60b84fdae2a9b0846d67426b8a5077d252eaea4688393530c895c113d60c

May 24 - Bat Boy

new_screenshot_04.png

May 25 - Cassette Beasts

Releaes.png
americaseuropenqsjo.png

May 02 Pixel Paint 2
May 02 Toziuha Night: Dracula's Revenge
May 03 Color Pals
May 03 Super Dungeon Maker
May 03 Weeping Willow - Detective Visual Novel
May 04 Gruta
May 04 JanduSoft Games Bundle Vol. 1
May 04 Japanese Escape Games The Prison Underground
May 04 Jigsaw Puzzle Fever
May 04 Mia and the Dragon Princess
May 04 No Place Like Home
May 04 Pathfinders: Memories
May 04 Space Gladiators
May 04 Terra Flame
May 04 The Shooting Range 3D: Shooting Gallery Simulator
May 04 Urbek City Builder
May 05 Dessert DIY
May 05 Dessert DIY: All Ingredients Pack
May 05 Horror Bundle - 3 in 1
May 05 Pizza Bar Tycoon Multiplayer Edition
May 05 Swordbreaker: Origins
May 05 Tiny Dragon Story
May 06 Scrap Bolts
--
May 08 Dokapon Kingdom Connect
May 08 Forever Lost: Episode 2
May 08 Poosh XL
May 10 Garden Simulator
May 10 Sakura Gamer
May 11 Elemental War 2
May 11 Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2
May 11 Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2 - Deluxe Edition
May 11 Gunvein
May 11 Leap From Hell
May 11 Local News with Cliff Rockslide
May 11 Matches Puzzle: Classic Logic Arcade
May 11 Murderous Muses
May 11 Pixel Driver
May 11 Pretty Girls 2048 Strike
May 12 2021 : Moon Escape
May 12 Little Disaster
May 12 The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
May 13 Truck Climb Racing
--
May 15 Gekisou!Benza Race -Toilet Shooting Star-
May 15 Trinity Trigger
May 16 LEGO® 2K Drive Awesome Edition
May 16 LEGO® 2K Drive Awesome Rivals Edition
May 17 Under the Warehouse
May 17 World Championship Boxing Manager 2
May 18 Bio Prototype
May 18 Love on Leave
May 18 Murtop
May 18 Winter’s Wish: Spirits of Edo
May 19 LEGO® 2K Drive
--
May 22 Terracotta
May 23 Farming Simulator 23
May 23 Farming Simulator 23; Nintendo Switch Edition
May 23 ghostpia Season One
May 23 Puzzle Bobble Everybubble!
May 23 Warhammer 40000: Boltgun
May 24 Bat Boy
May 25 AKAIITO HD REMASTER
May 25 AOISHIRO HD REMASTER
May 25 Cassette Beasts
May 25 Coloring Pixels: Collection 3
May 25 Fitness Circuit
May 25 HELLO KITTY AND FRIENDS HAPPINESS PARADE
May 25 Hush Hush
May 25 RINA:RhythmERROR
May 25 Star Gagnant
May 25 True Disc Golf
May 26 Skye Tales
--
May 30 To Hell With The Ugly

Previous Threads

Nov. 2021
Dec. 2021
Jan. 2022
Feb. 2022
Mar. 2022
Apr. 2022
May 2022
Jun. 2022
Jul. 2022
Aug. 2022
Sep. 2022
Oct. 2022
Nov. 2022
Dec. 2022
Jan. 2023
Feb. 2023
Mar. 2023
Apr. 2023

Last edited:
Not many big titles this month, outside of Zelda, as most were likely avoiding this month. I am interested in LEGO 2K Drive and think that would be a fun game to pick up and play with the kids, but it's definitely something I can wait till there is a good sale. Hopefully the performance is ok on Switch.

I've got my vouchers ready for Zelda, but in the meantime I'm playing Wildfrost and Shovel Knight Puzzle Dungeon, both of which I picked up last month. Having a good time with both.

Interested to see how Super Dungeon Maker does. It hits on the 'Zelda Maker' idea that fans have asked for, but I'm not sure user created dungeons will actually be any good and that the game will suffer as a result, but who knows.

Are you all planning on getting Zelda? Are you getting anything else this month?

Zelda is the big one of course. I’ll also be getting Bat Boy as I backed it on Kickstarter, and interested in Cassette Beasts as something to play with my wife.

Yeah I'll be playing Zelda.

Cassette Beasts is the other one I'm looking forward to. It's been getting fantastic reviews.

Yeah, a weak month. I'll probably be done with Zelda quick then finish up stuff I got in April. I hope we have some out of nowhere shadowdrops this month.

I'll get:
Tears of the Kingdom
Bust a Move (it's Bust a Move, dammit)
Lego 2K Drive
Warhammer 40k Boltgun
Cassette Beasts

Maybe:
Dokapon Kingdom Connect (I have no one to play it with rn)
Fuga 2 (maybe later, the first game was pretty good but a side scrolling RPG isn't what I want rn)

Too bad the drought will continue in the upcoming months. We need some reveals and release dates asap!

i’m no business expert, but it’s kind of a weird call for nintendo to have Zelda try to compete with Pretty Girls 2048 Strike…
bc70b036004fbcbd114807c72670db1c7f440c84bd0f7cf7f17669ff80622a9f

on-topic, I hope Fuga 2 is good! I liked the first one well enough, but I found it extremely repetitive despite being well-designed and pretty well-paced, and this one looks like even more of the same exact mechanics. probably won’t be playing it at launch but I’m definitely interested in hearing impressions!!

Last edited:
I’ll probably wait for a sale on Dokapon kingdom connect since I canceled my discounted preorder. Outside if anything on my wishlist hits the sale threshold I’m after I’m probably not grabbing anything but Zelda.

Yeah, a weak month. I'll probably be done with Zelda quick then finish up stuff I got in April. I hope we have some out of nowhere shadowdrops this month.

I'll get:
Tears of the Kingdom
Bust a Move (it's Bust a Move, dammit)
Lego 2K Drive
Warhammer 40k Boltgun
Cassette Beasts

Maybe:
Dokapon Kingdom Connect (I have no one to play it with rn)
Fuga 2 (maybe later, the first game was pretty good but a side scrolling RPG isn't what I want rn)

Too bad the drought will continue in the upcoming months. We need some reveals and release dates asap!

Lol damn dude there's still 5 games you're buying (including Nintendo's biggest release maybe ever) -- not exactly what I'd call a drought, lol.

It's just going to be Zelda for me this month. I'm interested in Puzzle Bobble but not $40 interested, I can wait for a sale.

Zelda for me, interested in Cassette Beasts, Lego Drive and Bat Boy but they will all go on the wishlist waiting for sales.

Lol damn dude there's still 5 games you're buying (including Nintendo's biggest release maybe ever) -- not exactly what I'd call a drought, lol.
That's just @9-Volt for you, I'm partially convinced he's actually a gaming-specialized automaton

Also just playing Zelda for this month. Spent a hundred bucks on the vouchers so no way I'm buying anything that's not on sale.

I hope 9-Volt didn't have a N64 growing up :p that had some software droughts.
I had and I didn't have any problems with that because I also owned PS1 and Dreamcast and those covered each others droughts very well. Just like DS - PSP and 3DS - Vita eras.

But Switch is the only portable console of its era and when it hits with droughts, no one's there to cover that. Its release schedule is pretty on par with Nintendo DS but it has no its own PSP to compliment it...

This is going to be TOTK month for me. Finishing up AW and some backlog until then and inbetween if I need a break.

Bat Boy should be added to highlights!

Done. I originally had it highlighted when I was working on the thread, but then ended up removing it once I realized Cassette Beasts was this month. I hadn't heard of it prior, but the various videos I found are giving me strong Shovel Knight/Mega Man vibes. Hopefully it ends up being good.

Yeah only Zelda for me this month, as spent too much last month.

With that said wasn't Trinity Trigger released last week?

Debating whether to get Lego 2K Drive on Xbox or Switch

Minit Fun Racer surprise dropped yesterday, I picked it up and it’s pretty fun. £2.69 and all proceeds go to charity!
wow! this looks rad, minit was pretty great and everyone on that team does cool stuff.
have they indicated anywhere which charity/ies the money goes to? the eshop page and official website just say “to charity” which means basically nothing to me lol

wow! this looks rad, minit was pretty great and everyone on that team does cool stuff.
have they indicated anywhere which charity/ies the money goes to? the eshop page and official website just say “to charity” which means basically nothing to me lol

Yeah I’m not sure which charity exactly, I can’t see it mentioned anywhere either.

I think I'm gonna get this too:

I know nothing about Ekko and his role in LoL at all but the game looks pretty cool. Mageseeker is surprisingly a fun game.

This does look cool too but man this and Mageseeker kind of just getting dumped on to the digital shops with little to no promo. There's barely even any reviews for Mageseeker. I thought Riot would try to pump these up a bit more.

"Full proceeds will always go to charity; the first charity chosen by the team is Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders). The Minit Fun Racer team will eventually rotate in another charity, with plans to donate to a variety of organizations."

"Full proceeds will always go to charity; the first charity chosen by the team is Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders). The Minit Fun Racer team will eventually rotate in another charity, with plans to donate to a variety of organizations."
rad, thanks for digging that up.

though it is from the game’s original release two+ years ago! so I imagine they’ve rotated to another by now, and I’d hope there’d be an easy place to see where the money’s going lol—especially since they’re actively working on new ports like this
I don’t mean to come across as overly cynical, and I’m sure the money’s going somewhere decent, but I can’t help but be a little skeptical whenever I see a nebulous “all proceeds to ~charity~!” label slapped on something, especially combined with my mild distrust of Devolver to begin with lol. but I do trust the devs and I’ll probably be dropping 3 smackers on this soon regardless

rad, thanks for digging that up.

though it is from the game’s original release two+ years ago! so I imagine they’ve rotated to another by now, and I’d hope there’d be an easy place to see where the money’s going lol—especially since they’re actively working on new ports like this
I don’t mean to come across as overly cynical, and I’m sure the money’s going somewhere decent, but I can’t help but be a little skeptical whenever I see a nebulous “all proceeds to ~charity~!” label slapped on something, especially combined with my mild distrust of Devolver to begin with lol. but I do trust the devs and I’ll probably be dropping 3 smackers on this soon regardless
Yep, I agree with you, it is weird. GoNintendo asked Devolver on Twitter which charity the money was being donated to and still has not received a response.

In may 2022 the développer of patrick's parabox stated that the Switch version will come soon.... And here we are, i'm still waiting :)

i forget if this port had already been announced but Maquette is coming out on May 25th:

honestly I've only heard negative things about it (especially the story) since it first released lol but it seems like an interesting puzzle game otherwise—there was one section of Superliminal that involved traveling through recursive spaces which was probably my favorite part of that game

For those who are interested in gardening, we are making a giveaway for a coup0le of Switch EU codes of

GARDEN SIMULATOR

Post below the news is enough to participate, contest open until June 4th :)

I was browsing the eshop last night, thinking about picking up a couple of indies to play over the summer. I’d somehow forgotten how much of a pain it is to use. It’s so slow and chugs along. I wanted to have a look at the last few weeks releases, then what’s upcoming, then my wishlist to see if any were on sale, but in the end I gave up as they’ve managed to make a simple shop with some basic search criteria so tedious to use.

I was browsing the eshop last night, thinking about picking up a couple of indies to play over the summer. I’d somehow forgotten how much of a pain it is to use. It’s so slow and chugs along. I wanted to have a look at the last few weeks releases, then what’s upcoming, then my wishlist to see if any were on sale, but in the end I gave up as they’ve managed to make a simple shop with some basic search criteria so tedious to use.

Yeah it’s not great, I tend to use Deku Deals mostly and then just go to the eshop when I want to buy a game.

I finished the story in Arcade Paradise. Brilliant game.

Picked up Railbound, Parasite Pack, and Powerwash Simulator.

Hmm, Mega dimension Neptunia VII is on sale on switch for 70% off and I’m curious… is the switch port really that bad? I have a high tolerance and I’m curious about the series

Hmm, Mega dimension Neptunia VII is on sale on switch for 70% off and I’m curious… is the switch port really that bad? I have a high tolerance and I’m curious about the series
It's not that bad. I mean there are frame drops but they're nothing like the first three games on Vita. If you have high tolerance for that you'd be ok.

That said... Performance is not the worst thing about the series. It's not a JRPG for everyone. It's a blend of JRPG and visual novel and the vn part of it is a total snoozefest. "slice of life", they describe such things as, but this gets the whole cake. Nepnep and friends talk and talk and talk... about absolutely nothing. If you can put up to that, there's a fine JRPG at the core is waiting for you. Fine, in Compile Heart standards.

I finished the story in Arcade Paradise. Brilliant game.

Picked up Railbound, Parasite Pack, and Powerwash Simulator.
I really need to pick up Railbound some day. I'm not able to stop playing Zelda for a while, but maybe after that!

Back
Top Bottom