• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST May 2022|

Status
Not open for further replies.
For puzzle fans: there's a Draknek Direct tomorrow for upcoming games from Draknek & Friends. They have a lot of games on Switch, and I would expect some Switch games here too

Something I thought was a little interesting and relevant to this thread. Thunderful games (formerly Image & Form) has 4 Steamworld games in development and has given some description/target dates of them in their recent financial briefing.

Steamworld Headhunter (2023) - Was announced last year. Third Person action adventure game.
'Strawberry' (2023) - Mobile puzzle game.
'Coffee' (2023) - City building game for PC and Consoles.
'Caramel' (2024) - Turn based tactical shooter and strategy game for PC, Consoles, and Mobile. Sounds like a Steamworld Heist sequel.

No idea on the exact platforms of the console games, but Switch seems likely since their games have always done well on Nintendo platforms.

Are you guys the eshop experts? I got a 15% discount from Nintendo for my birthday and I thought it would be perfect to use on some of the Wii U/3ds games I want to snatch up before those eshops close. I bought Affordable Space Adventures a while ago and didn't see an option to use the code. I didn't see an option on the online/web eshop for a 3ds game either. Are these codes only for switch games?

Are you guys the eshop experts? I got a 15% discount from Nintendo for my birthday and I thought it would be perfect to use on some of the Wii U/3ds games I want to snatch up before those eshops close. I bought Affordable Space Adventures a while ago and didn't see an option to use the code. I didn't see an option on the online/web eshop for a 3ds game either. Are these codes only for switch games?
Most likely. Not sure your region, but I think the codes were stopped in NA a while ago. They also would be added to your Nintendo account on your “my offers” tab where you actually had to upload the code to your account first.

Most likely. Not sure your region, but I think the codes were stopped in NA a while ago. They also would be added to your Nintendo account on your “my offers” tab where you actually had to upload the code to your account first.

Thanks for letting me know., I'll stop stressing about it. 15% isn't that much off of these eshop games anyways.

Anyone knows how lonely mountain downhill performs nowadays on Switch ? Loved what i played on PC i'd like it on handheld if performances are not too bad.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on the NA eShop has dropped to $9.99. It's greater than the low of $14.99 that it would go for the past few years, and Capcom are also celebrating the 10th anniversary with rumors of a 2nd game possibly being announced soon. It might be the time to pick it up if you've been holding off.

These are some good deals on the Australian eshop which I believe correspond with the European version:

Panzer Remake 3.75 - all time low.
Underhero 7.65 - all time low.
Blasphemous 9.37
Children of Morta 9.90
Yoku's Island Express 6.75
Donut County 5.29
Steamworld Heist 7.49

Oh and if you like relaxing puzzle games, TENS! is marked down to 1.50. Love that game.

Anyone knows how lonely mountain downhill performs nowadays on Switch ? Loved what i played on PC i'd like it on handheld if performances are not too bad.
It's 30 fps, but very solid IIRC. It plays great.

BTW, the game just got a new free DLC, according to some PR. I should probably revisit the game, it's a really great game.

These are some good deals on the Australian eshop which I believe correspond with the European version:

I will never buy a game from day day one 🥳
Still waiting on some patches for the house of the dead to make the gyro aiming less annoying.

Blasphemous 9.37
Children of Morta 9.90
Donut County 5.29
Steamworld Heist 7.49

Oh and if you like relaxing puzzle games, TENS! is marked down to 1.50. Love that game.

Tens is great. Relaxing and addicting.

Blasphemous 9.37
Children of Morta 9.90
Donut County 5.29
Steamworld Heist 7.49

Man, I really loved UnderHero and Yoku. Such creative and compelling games with stellar OSTs. I love indies.

It's already June this week. Time flies. Definitely looking forward to Souldiers. It was supposed to be this week?

I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on dragons dogma. Never really played a action rpg unless you count Zelda. Is it worth it?

June thread here.

I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on dragons dogma. Never really played a action rpg unless you count Zelda. Is it worth it?

I didn't like it.
Combat is good but the rest wasn't imo. Pawn system is weird story wise and they just won't shut up and say the same things at the same spots. Traversal is horrendously slow and boring (and the pawns say the same damn lines at the same spots). Story isn't really interesting and pacing isn't good. Character designs are meh. Map is whatever.
Combat and enemy design are quite good but it wasn't enough. At least for me.

I didn't like it.
Combat is good but the rest wasn't imo. Pawn system is weird story wise and they just won't shut up and say the same things at the same spots. Traversal is horrendously slow and boring (and the pawns say the same damn lines at the same spots). Story isn't really interesting and pacing isn't good. Character designs are meh. Map is whatever.
Combat and enemy design are quite good but it wasn't enough. At least for me.
Yeah I did it. Not sure how it will play out long term. About an hour in so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom