• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • ❄️We captured the snow storm in a bottle!❄️

You can enable the snow via the button on the bottom left. If you'd like to remove the button, go to your preferences and enable the Hide snow button. Make sure you disable the snow first.

• 🏆 Famiboards 2023 Gaming Celebration Winners 🏆

The final results are in for the Famiboards 2023 Celebration of Gaming. Please see the list of winners here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again I question the sense it makes to have a partner direct before you unveil your shiny new console and throw up an image on the screen with about 50 different third party (or partners, if you will) logos on it and say, hey, these are all the developers (partners) making games for our shiny new console!

Once again I question the sense it makes to have a partner direct before you unveil your shiny new console and throw up an image on the screen with about 50 different third party (or partners, if you will) logos on it and say, hey, these are all the developers (partners) making games for our shiny new console!
Personally think they'd be the titles/studios that can't hop onto successor in time one way or another (earlier/later porting, lack of kit/spec given).

For the record I was Team General before Nate's podcast. I didn't see the rationale in anything but a general direct. One happening in February had been my expectation since September and continued being my expectation until the podcast.

Now I'm betting on the usual thing happening at the usual time... which is Nate being right about Nintendo-related stuff ;P Xbox's conspicuous timing is just the cherry on top.

Anyways, I do appreciate the few Marvelous/XSEED shout-outs I've seen recently. I'd love to see Deamon X Machina 2 and co. this week. Together with a Team Asano game that is. (If we say it enough times it happens right? That's how it works isn't it?)

Anyways, I do appreciate the few Marvelous/XSEED shout-outs I've seen recently. I'd love to see Deamon X Machina 2 and co. this week. Together with a Team Asano game that is. (If we say it enough times it happens right? That's how it works isn't it?)
I'm feeling it, it'll definitely happen. And it'll be a Bravely game. Asano hit all the right notes with II I wanna see how he'll take it from there.
insiders said FUCK princess peach
To whom? Mario or Bowser?

Sorry, it's being announced Wednesday for the 15th. 3PM ET
Wednesday will be the moment of truth. If nothing then probably will be shadowdropped Partner, low chance of Regular Mini. Wednesday im expecting a Partner announcement but still have a bit of hope for a General

If it's not a partner, should we expect NSO updates? Or do you think they save that for a larger Switch 2 presentation?
I'm kinda expecting them to just stop doing the "here's the next 10 N64/GBA games" roadmaps at this point, but if that is something they want to keep doing it could probably be a tweet/youtube video tbh

I do think at a Switch 2 presentation they'd probably have a brief segment just to make it clear that NSO stuff will carry over to Switch 2 alongside the broader backwards compatibility talk

Has Nate clarified yet whether he actually knows the Direct is a Partner Showcase or if it is just speculation? He did say he knows the format of the Direct, after all.

Has Nate clarified yet whether he actually knows the Direct is a Partner Showcase or if it is just speculation? He did say he knows the format of the Direct, after all.
I’m pretty sure he said it informed speculation, whatever that means. From what I understand, that implies he thinks it’s a partner based on the info he knows, what it isn’t 100 percent known to him what the format is. I have a feeling he changed his tune from when he said he knew the format, otherwise he wouldn’t be avoiding an outright confirmation. Plus (and this is just me spitballing) there are first party announcements that could absolutely upgrade a potential partner into a mini, so I would stay cautiously pessimistic for now. Or do whatever I dunno, I’m but a simple banana in this chaotic speculation landscape

If we get a General - “Sweet! A General! But oh no! That means Switch 2 reveal might be further out.”

If we get a Partner - “Oh no! A Partner! But yay! That probably means earlier March Switch 2 reveal!”

If we get a Mini - “Ok.”

I kind of missed the monthly Partner Showcases. When you knew what they were and when they were coming, you stop putting such high expectations on them and you could enjoy them for what they were. It was fun getting new stuff to talk about with you all every month, even if it was third party games. One of those announcements was Monster Hunter Rise which is one of the best games on the system.

"We're bringing some our first party Xbox titles to Nintendo Switch. This will be monumental news. How should we announce it? A big, joint presentation together? A special Nintendo Direct?"

"The best we can do is a Partner Showcase. We could maybe slip Hi-Fi Rush in between Farming Live: Farm Harder and My Life as a Farmer. Pentiment can go in the sizzle real at the end. I don't think we'll have time for Halo. Would a Twitter announcement suffice?"

Master Chief Collection with offline local multiplayer with up to like 15 other Switch consoles (to support Big Team Battles, of course)

I neeeeeed haha
That is my dream since that King Zell tease years ago. One day, maybe.
I'm pretty sure Valiant Hearts 2 and Gotham Knight appear in the partners direct
While I'm curious to see the leaked Gotham Knights port, I don't know if this would be the best timing considering Arkham Knight actual state and the really bad mouth to mouth Arkham Trilogy had. Although I can't tell if that was something limited to the internet bubble or a general consensus, it would be great to know the trilogy's sales on switch.

Now that I saw how a glow up can make a PS1 era game look good with Tomb Raider, I want a similar Legends collection even more. All of it, 1,2 and Tron Bonne.
The Legends and Starforce games are the only ones yet to recieve a collection and if Capcom decides NOW of all times to stop making them, I don't care if they bring back the Marvel Vs. series, Rival Schools, Dino Crisis, the most arcade perfect port of SF3: Third Strike with Rollback Netcode and an abundance of extras, Capcom will have died in my eyes and will forever get shit on by me for whatever they do.

Of course, that is not going to happen, so I have nothing to worry about.

Edit: and I am talking about the company, I will of course treat all of the fans with respect and would be happy if every Capcom fan could get another entry in their favorite series.

The Legends and Starforce games are the only ones yet to recieve a collection and if Capcom decides NOW of all times to stop making them, I don't care if they bring back the Marvel Vs. series, Rival Schools, Dino Crisis, the most arcade perfect port of SF3: Third Strike with Rollback Netcode and an abundance of extras, Capcom will have died in my eyes and will forever get shit on by me for whatever they do.

Of course, that is not going to happen, so I have nothing to worry about.
Out of PS1 titles yes. They still have tons of PS2/GCN stuff to bring back, including Maximo and Viewtiful Joe. They're definitely continue to make collections, they love to do it more than any publisher. And Legends and Starforce games have better chance than Maximo or Lost Planet...

Edit: Forgot Breath of Fire. It was a part of the recent survey right? Put that in the list of likeliest collections as well.

insiders said FUCK princess peach

insiders said FUCK paper mario

insiders said FUCK the very real and happening indieszero rhythm heaven

insiders said FUCK NINTENDO
I’m keeping the faith. If they can show Cadence of Hyrule in a partner direct then they can show external partner indieszero working on Rhythm Heaven.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F7f992f0e-3a3a-40f4-a149-3a2dd92ed04e_832x447.jpeg

I'm really blown away by everyone's support yesterday after sharing that my gf and I broke up - it is incredibly difficult, so thank you to everyone who sympathy yeah'd! my out of nowhere post. She's coming over in like 5-10 minutes to talk things out - glad to be getting closure at least :(

Love you fami

I'm really blown away by everyone's support yesterday after sharing that my gf and I broke up - it is incredibly difficult, so thank you to everyone who sympathy yeah'd! my out of nowhere post. She's coming over in like 5-10 minutes to talk things out - glad to be getting closure at least :(

Love you fami
Please keep us updated with how you've been doing, buddy!

Love you fami
I'm sorry I missed this, but I wish you all the best man. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Oh shit, I've been an insider this whole time.

I already knew you were an insider chocolate_supra or should I say...Yuji Naka.
Naaaah Naka's the programmer, I've always been more an artist so if anyone I'm Ohshima.

I mean uhhhh

shit

*zips it* 🤐

The Partner Showcase theories have never made sense. One might happen anyway, because not every Direct decision has to make sense to us, but if you had to bet on the format, it would be foolish not to bet on the usual thing happening at the usual time with the usual kinds of announcements/coverage (several of which are so obvious that even the Partner theorists agree they need imminent "Twitter drops" or the like).

What doesn't make sense is people expecting a general Direct 30ish days before a literal new console generation is revealed.

I think in the near future we get a Nintendo Museum reveal presentation. At the end of that presentation we get snippit of next gen Switch and a date for a full blowout of the next gen Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom