• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • ❄️We captured the snow storm in a bottle!❄️

You can enable the snow via the button on the bottom left. If you'd like to remove the button, go to your preferences and enable the Hide snow button. Make sure you disable the snow first.

• Is the Video Game Industry DOOMED? WestEgg, Irene, and VolcanicDynamo discuss in the newest episode of the Famibords Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST7| It’s Showtime People! Famiboards Productions Proudly Presents: What Lies Beyond The Door? Act II - Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
WUST= WiiU Speculation Thread, from back on NeoGAF iirc. I wasn't present for it but legend says it was peak chaos because much of the speculation was assuming the WiiU would be a generation ahead of PS360, and when the actual specs came out the place melted down for a looooong while.

So any sort of "panic and freakouts over specs" gets shorthanded as "WUST"
Ohhhhhh that makes sense. Also explains why I couldn't find any mention or definition of it anywhere :D

I feel like the specs are almost always going to be somewhat worse than people expect or are hoping for - as long as they're not too much worse I think it'll be fine.

It's that time of the year!

uDChr5u.png
Pretty credible for a “leak”, but why only remaster one of the two Legends games?

geez that'd be a boring direct. Maybe an unpopular opinion but a Link to the Past remake is just about the least interesting thing they could have Grezzo do

esp. since the last new 2D Zelda we got 10 years ago was already basically "LttP but better"
Assuming it’s real, why would Nintendo remake ALTTP before the Oracle games?

If I was Atlus I would definitely be figuring out the 3DS to modern consoles pipeline. They have so many games stuck on handheld.
I hope most of that consoles library comes over. I think most of the assets would hold up fine in hd, look at Luigi’s mansion. Obviously not as jaw dropping as 3, but perfectly serviceable. Same with miitopia

Agreed. I personally think LTTP doesn't need to be remade. If you are going to remake something, do something like the Oracle games that sorely need a remake. I'd prefer a new topdown experience far more though personally.
Yep, personally sick of remakes tbh, but I understand that’s often cheaper and quicker to make than a brand new experience, depending on the scope of the remake of course. We haven’t had a brand new Nintendo made, top down Zelda since triforce heroes

This is pretty much how I feel, too. The only way this is a Partner Direct is either A) They're saving games for the big Switch 2 reveal which will happen in March, and it's a full Direct or event instead of just a tease or B) They go REALLY hard on Twitter announcements for a while.

Or a possible third option: The Switch 2 announcement is a tease, but the big reveal is coming fairly soon after like April/May. So they get by on Twitter release dates and trailers for a very short while, and then have a blowout before summer to fill out the rest of the year.
Exactly. And why would they go so hard on Twitter announcements when Nintendo Directs do so much better? To be a General Direct, we're looking at the same content as a Partner Direct, but with new trailers/dates for Peach, Paper Mario & Luigi's Mansion and the 2-3 new games that would otherwise be Twitter Announced.

Why wouldn't they just announce Luigi's Mansion 2 is coming out in April (For example) in the September Direct last year unless they planned to show more and announce the date in February?

Exactly. And why would they go so hard on Twitter announcements when Nintendo Directs do so much better? To be a General Direct, we're looking at the same content as a Partner Direct, but with new trailers/dates for Peach, Paper Mario & Luigi's Mansion and the 2-3 new games that would otherwise be Twitter Announced.

Why wouldn't they just announce Luigi's Mansion 2 is coming out in April (For example) in the September Direct last year unless they planned to show more and announce the date in February?
I have no idea. I guess we'll find out! The only other possibility I can think of is that Nintendo wants to manage expectations and by keeping it to just a Partner Showcase they make sure people won't be expecting any big first party stuff until later - but that seems like a reach.

Yeah a lighter General direct could happen. Im expecting partner still for now but just chilling the next two days and seeing what happens.

Are we going to see Xbox news and the Direct on the same day?? We might get a lot of news at once. (That is, if we get a direct that day)

Wasn't thinking it's weird as a podcast. Guess it's better than a PR statement. Wasn't expecting a video since what exactly do they need to show people?

Was Hmming because I do think MS would be aware of when the Direct would be...especially since it's allegedly so close (plus I generally assume that the higher ups at each company are aware of when the others are doing their things). So was thinking the timing is interesting that way. Whether the two aren't the same day, or perhaps whether they are the same day and maybe they think that could be a good thing? Who knows.

This Nintendo Direct's gotta be huge if the Microsoft guys are already planning to cry about it

Once they see what Nintendo's got in store, they'll be ashamed to show their faces

I remember reading some speculation last week that if Sea of Thieves and/or HiFi Rush were coming to Switch, Xbox may have arranged for one or both of them to appear in a Nintendo Direct and thus might be contractually prevented from revealing them before they can appear in the Direct. Might explain why this is airing in the afternoon after a Direct is speculated to take place.

But I don't know too much about legal stuff to know if that's a valid theory.

Oh yeah I imagine that the last few days were like the worst kind of hell of figuring out their crisis management, when the only thing they now feel ready to be prepared for is some Podcast.

uDChr5u.png
Finally, I need more of this random stupid shit to improve my week
  • 49ers lost
  • There were some bunch of small earthquakes that didn't let me sleep
  • I got an unauthorized charge in my credit card
  • I forgot lemons for my carne asada lunch today at work
And it's only Monday!

uDChr5u.png
Forget that faker for even joking about a Mega Man Legends/64 remaster, the fact that I want it more than anything at this point in time means it will never happen.

Of course, there's the question of who should make it. We could look at the Metroid team connection and suggest Mercury Steam take a shot at it, but I'm sure there are other teams which would be at least as good for it.
A new Wario Land by Mercury Steam sounds like an absolutely wonderful idea. It would be so cool. I mean, Chris Pratt level of cool. I love Good Feel, but I didn’t like what they did with Wario Mand, and I’m also just completely fed up with Wario Ware.

Of course, there's the question of who should make it. We could look at the Metroid team connection and suggest Mercury Steam take a shot at it, but I'm sure there are other teams which would be at least as good for it.
I've always thought Wayforward could be a good fit for a Wario Land; good sense of humor, not afraid to make something challenging, plenty of experience in the platformer/metroidvania-ish genre that the Wario games tend to float around in

I've always thought Wayforward could be a good fit for a Wario Land; good sense of humor, not afraid to make something challenging, plenty of experience in the platformer/metroidvania-ish genre that the Wario games tend to float around in
I was about to type the same idea. Hell, they could even pull a "Cadence of Hyrule" and make a Shantae/Wario crossover.

Please tell me this info didn't somehow get conflated with Nintendo (non-general?) Direct that's supposed to happen on the same day.

(semi /s, I do believe both insiders have done their homework)
How would that even happen?

"Oh you said Nintendo Direct? I thought you were asking about a Microsoft podcast!"

Forget that faker for even joking about a Mega Man Legends/64 remaster, the fact that I want it more than anything at this point in time means it will never happen.
Now that I saw how a glow up can make a PS1 era game look good with Tomb Raider, I want a similar Legends collection even more. All of it, 1,2 and Tron Bonne.

I'm still convinced it's a partner direct but I greatly appreciate the dissenting voices

unanimous deference to the insider sphere makes these threads boring

uDChr5u.png

What makes this fake to me is A Link To The Past, to be honest. Only because “modified style from Link’s Awakening” is absolutely bogus.

NSW Link’s Awakening art-style was a toybox reimagining of the gameboy graphics, down to the beady eyes of Link himself. Sure, you can use the engine itself but that makes little sense when the 3DS A Link Between Worlds engine makes a better starting point.

In that same vein of reasoning the next logical step of utilizing Link’s Awakening remake is the Oracle games because of the amount of asset flips used in the original games. So much of what has already been created can be preserved and simply added to.

Over the next two years most resources are being put into the successor hardware, but there are still ten budget ports, remasters, and remakes coming to the Switch. What ten games would you like to see?
1) XCX
2) Kid Icarus Uprising HD
3) Starfox Assault
4) Donkey Kong Country Returns
5) TP/WW HD
6) Prime 2+3HD
7)Luigi's Mansion HD
8) Pokemon Black and White 1 and 2
9) Samus Returns
10) Yoshi WW

Don't tell me that there's not enough food for a general Direct here.

I'm still convinced it's a partner direct but I greatly appreciate the dissenting voices

unanimous deference to the insider sphere makes these threads boring
I think you could still lump in updates/release dates for Peach, Side Order, LM2 HD and TTYD and call it a regular mini

But I am no longer dissenting on March reveal

I want no direct and all Twitter/YouTube drops for a solid month plus. I still think that might be the route for first party stuff if any new announcements are saved for after a switch 2 reveal.

What if the last batch of Switch remasters/ports are announced as "Switch 2 titles, playable on Switch 1"? Instead of sending the message of "Hey, these Switch ports are playable on your new machine", it sends a "Hey, look at this new enhanced title we're releasing for our new platform, you can play a worse version on your 7yo machine".

edit: that could also apply to new titles such as MonkEPD and Prime 4, and could explain their slightly exaggerated time in the oven, as they could be making the games take full advantage of the new hardware.

I'm hoping we get a huge, full-fat Direct with Donkey Kong and Prime 4 and so much good shit that people take to the internet and go "SEE?? There are SO MANY GAMES coming that obviously there won't be a new Switch until 2025 at the earliest!!! Insiders are LIARS and the people who listen to them are DUPES and Switch 2 PROBABLY DOESN'T EVEN EXIST" and then Nintendo drops the Switch 2 reveal in March anyway

would be so funny

i just want a mini. 3rd party stuff + luigis mansion and paper mario release dates + reveal of a remake in a lesser nintendo franchise is mini material, yeah? i just really want fe4r to be revealed already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom