• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to this Direct because then I can finally plan out my end of year game spending. I have a pretty good idea of what games, new and old I want to pick up, but Nintendo is a wild card in that they are pretty much the only major game company who will announce a product and then release it just weeks or months later. If it were anyone else, I don't think people would have expectations of games like Metroid Prime 1 or the Zelda HD games even making it this year.

What if the Direct is POST TGS this year, hmm? What if Nintendo doesn't have any games in that Direct that are also part of TGS? They can easily wait until after TGS to do the Direct, then.
Or it’s when the trusted insiders have said being next week?

What if the Direct is POST TGS this year, hmm? What if Nintendo doesn't have any games in that Direct that are also part of TGS? They can easily wait until after TGS to do the Direct, then.
Then that would mean no big japanese publishers approached Nintendo wanting extra marketing for any of their TGS games which seems unlikely.

I'd sooner believe there is no direct coming any time before December than them having one shortly after TGS.

While we wait for next week, what are everyone's favorite and least favorite directs during the Switch Era?

Best
  • E3 2019
  • September 2018
  • E3 2021

Worst
  • April 2017
  • September 2019
  • September 2017
Personal opinion:

Best
  • Feb 22 (Strikers, Mario Kart)
  • Feb 19 (MM2, Links Awakening)

Worst
  • April 17
  • E3 18
  • Sep 19
  • Direct Mini March 20

giphy.gif

“Or it’s when the trusted insiders have said being next week?”

Even trusted insiders can slip up

If Nintendo doesn't remaster Kirby's Air Ride with online city trial mode they should just close their doors as a company as it'd be a sign they have no idea what they're doing

I really just want City Trial online, be it in a Air Ride remaster or an Air Ride 2, plz Nintendo 😭

If Nintendo doesn't remaster Kirby's Air Ride with online city trial mode they should just close their doors as a company as it'd be a sign they have no idea what they're doing

I really just want City Trial online, be it in a Air Ride remaster or an Air Ride 2, plz Nintendo 😭

Holy shit the best post in the thread...

Nintendo knows that some legacy titles are highly requested. Sakurai is aware that people want Kid Icarus Uprising on Switch. Nintendo is aware that there is a loud group of fans for games like F-Zero GX and the older Paper Mario games. I'm not saying those games are getting remasters, but Nintendo has seen how loud and vocal those fans are on social media.

So, the company is trying to figure out which games are worth remastering / remaking. That's why it's so important for fans to get loud on social media. Because Nintendo is paying attention to fan requests.
I hope forums count for something when it comes to getting loud, because I'm less than keen on getting back into using Twitter 😂

If anything, I'll be happy to see that their Twitter bio actually comes true when it shows they're listening. I really hope their Gamecube remasters go beyond the titles expected and we get more deep dives that negate the need for Gamecube NSO emulation.

this is splatoon 3 week , thus NCL won't have a direct during 1st party game release week
Direct could be later this month or first week in Oct as there's nintendo live event in Japan during Oct 9th to 10th

Because it's all but confirmed that it's gonna be next week most likley.

While we wait for next week, what are everyone's favorite and least favorite directs during the Switch Era?

Best
  • E3 2019
  • September 2018
  • E3 2021

Worst
  • April 2017
  • September 2019
  • September 2017
Best:

• February 2019: Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, and Link's Awakening in a single Direct was unreal.
  • E3 2019 - BOTW 2 reveal had me in tears, Banjo was hype as shit, every 1st party game shown looked hot
  • E3 2021 - Metroid Dread reveal, WarioWare, BOTW 2 footage, a bunch of other stuff, very good direct.
  • (Sep 2018 is a runner-up)

Worst:
  • September 2019 - Opening with an Overwatch port and ending on an admittedly great remaster? Even the Smash reveal was underwhelming to me.
  • April 2017 - I didn't remember this one much, but in revisiting it, yeah, it's not great.
  • E3 2018 - Smash Ultimate quickly went from one of the best game blowouts ever to an agonizing 20 additional minutes of patch notes. Super Mario Party was a fun reveal though, and Ultimate turned out to be incredible.

Nintendo knows that some legacy titles are highly requested. Sakurai is aware that people want Kid Icarus Uprising on Switch. Nintendo is aware that there is a loud group of fans for games like F-Zero GX and the older Paper Mario games. I'm not saying those games are getting remasters, but Nintendo has seen how loud and vocal those fans are on social media.

So, the company is trying to figure out which games are worth remastering / remaking. That's why it's so important for fans to get loud on social media. Because Nintendo is paying attention to fan requests. NOA/NOE sends feedback up the chain of command to NCL.
CooperativeHarmlessHornet-size_restricted.gif

"Give us ________________________________________"

this is splatoon 3 week , thus NCL won't have a direct during 1st party game release week
Direct could be later this month or first week in Oct as there's nintendo live event in Japan during Oct 9th to 10th

and if not September nor October, there could always be a November Direct, too!

Nintendo never has any games that are part of TGS lol

their partners do though

So what’s up with the patterns

From what I remember it goes like

• One week before TGS
  • Directs get announced two days in advance
  • No direct before a major release

Actually the 2019 September direct was announced a day before during Labor Day week. I’m pretty sure multiple directs have been aired right before big games. I think there’s hope for an announcement tomorrow, the one week before TGS thing is like the most consistent pattern here

Otherwise I guess it’s another week of them advertising Kirby’s Dream Buffet and Splatoon 3 until we can move on to something else zzz

20 more pages and this thread overtakes the longest Direct Speculation thread that existed on Era? Dang bwoi

Hell we'll probably hit 615 pages on Thursday

200.gif

So, the company is trying to figure out which games are worth remastering / remaking. That's why it's so important for fans to get loud on social media. Because Nintendo is paying attention to fan requests. NOA/NOE sends feedback up the chain of command to NCL.

Okay Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE fans, if F-Zero can have a future so can we.

Let's get noisy.

Grubb seems pretty sure from what he heard, that it is next week.

So what’s up with the patterns

From what I remember it goes like

• One week before TGS
  • Directs get announced two days in advance
  • No direct before a major release

Actually the 2019 September direct was announced a day before during Labor Day week. I’m pretty sure multiple directs have been aired right before big games. I think there’s hope for an announcement tomorrow, the one week before TGS thing is like the most consistent pattern here

Otherwise I guess it’s another week of them advertising Kirby’s Dream Buffet and Splatoon 3 until we can move on to something else zzz
splatoon killed the patterns

Okay Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE fans, if F-Zero can have a future so can we.

Let's get noisy.

I love TMS, but that game got two chances and seems to have flopped both times. If we get another chance at a SMT x FE game, I want it to be more like the initial teaser trailer (an actual cross over of the worlds/characters) then Shin Idol Tensei featuring some FE references.

Just to clarify, are we sure Nintendo convinced them? I was fairly certain what we heard was Nintendo reached out them about putting the game on NSO, and Square decided to remake it instead.

The producer however doesn't clarify on who's idea it ultimately was. Just that Nintendo originally reached out to put the game on NSO, not to remake it. That sort of feels like a conversation starter, but someone had to have the idea. Not sure if Nintendo was the one.
Those things aren’t mutually exclusive. Emily said Nintendo “convinced square”. They did that by reaching out and requesting Live A Live to come to NSO

There are games already part of TGS that Nintendo has some type of deal like DQ Treasures it is literally impossible.

Lovely video, Ellie was my favorite side character in the game and the sole reason I was disappointed by the games not having romance options lol.

Not my favorite duet however. Tsubasa and Kiria's song is a banger:

(This is now a J-Pop thread)

Is it even really dating them if they don't have a vagina bone?

I hate the internet so much that vagina bone was the biggest talking point leading up to this game's western release on wiiu and switch release worldwide

In a parallel universe TMS was not introduced as a SMT-FE crossover, but as a regular Atlus JRPG that for some reason happens to have Fire Emblem references and it sold considerably better because of it.

Best
  • E3 2019
  • September 2018
  • E3 2021

Worst
  • April 2017
  • September 2019
  • September 2017

Hard for me to remember worst off the top of my head

The best ones imo though were E3 2021, February 2022, and E3 2019.

Lovely video, Ellie was my favorite side character in the game and the sole reason I was disappointed by the games not having romance options lol.

Not my favorite duet however. Tsubasa and Kiria's song is a banger:

(This is now a J-Pop thread)

I connect with Ellie because she's half-Asian, half-white, just like me! Although I am not Japanese or Scandinavian (that I'm aware of).

Best
  • E3 2019
  • September 2018
  • E3 2021

Worst
  • April 2017
  • September 2019
  • September 2017
Best
  • Switch Reveal Presentation: Not a direct, I know, but this was still an awesome event.
  • E3 2019: Very little in terms of new announcements, but finally getting footage of so many previously announced games was great, especially since they all looked fantastic.
  • February 2022: So much stuff for a seasonal direct. Love it.
Worst
  • Seasonal 2017 directs: Neither of these really announced much of anything. Nintendo was definitely still trying to figure out the format back then.
  • September 2019: I love Xenoblade, but a Wii remaster was basically the only thing this direct has going for it. TMS port and more Smash DLC was neat too, I guess, but it was still a rough showing overall.

Best
  • E3 2019
  • September 2018
  • E3 2021

Worst
  • April 2017
  • September 2019
  • September 2017

Nothing will top the absolute boredom that the Smash-E3. The worst Direct, of any branding, in the Switch era. At least the boring Partner Mini were short.

Re: Joycons, I hope if Nintendo does upgrade the sticks with those light sensors or whatever it is that effectively negates drift, I hope they're simply little components that could be replaced in all existing controllers. I'd be more than happy to send mine in to be fixed correctly and also have significantly reduced electronic waste. No need to throw out the baby with the bathwater if the new Switch intentionally maintains form factor to keep compatibility with Joycons.
Apparently there's a third-party solution, just learned this today.

Closest thing we have is this within the NSO app, but it isn't the same
(Though there is something mildly amusing about Mario Kart having a T for Teen rating due to Sin and Punishment + WINBACK)
20220905_142631.jpg
That's not close at all. I mean those manuals that would explain the controls, give you backstory, and have artwork.
speaking of final fantasy...
I am currently on a PSP nostalgia trip,
Have you guys any hidden gems that you can recommend me ?
When it comes to the PSP I will always recommend the Dept Heaven series. Consisting of four games, Riviera: The Promised Land, Yggdra Union, Knights in the Nightmare, and Gungnir, all of them are very unique and are some of the best games on the PSP in my opinion. Unfortunately most of them are delisted from the PSN now so your best bet to get them is by looking for physical copies.

Wild that we're going to easily clear the previous longest-ever Nintendo speculation thread on either site. Fami is the gift that keeps on giving!

Just to clarify, are we sure Nintendo convinced them? I was fairly certain what we heard was Nintendo reached out them about putting the game on NSO, and Square decided to remake it instead.

The producer however doesn't clarify on who's idea it ultimately was. Just that Nintendo originally reached out to put the game on NSO, not to remake it. That sort of feels like a conversation starter, but someone had to have the idea. Not sure if Nintendo was the one.

Nintendo provides funding for the development of these Square 2D-HD titles. Nintendo stakes their own money in support of these Square projects.

Wild that we're going to easily clear the previous longest-ever Nintendo speculation thread on either site. Fami is the gift that keeps on giving!
It helps that this thread has been active since May.

Oh wait I forgot this was a new one made after the June direct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom