• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At a certain point, it's just not funny anymore when every second post is either "No more directs" or "always week x" or "it's a mini", "it's a partner", "it's my aunts birthday colonel direct".

Think about it.
Bold of you to assume that being funny is the point of those posts πŸ˜‡

If this is the Direct that'll finally bring me portable Arkham City and Twilight Princess I don't mind waiting a little longer. I've still got so much to play and buy already.

Even though Iβ€˜m not saying it as much as other members of this forum I donβ€˜t want to call out :p, I strongly believe in the date I initially chose too. It will be September 7th/8th. It is a full week, but it just makes sense in my head.

I mean, if Nintendo (maybe?) demands they announce stuff in a Direct, the least they can do is doing it before TGS so the thirds can show / talk about them there.

Oh for sure it's there so third-parties can reveal their games during the Direct then talk about them at TGS.

do people really care that much about Zelda II? I played it on GBA but never really got into it
It's actually one of my favorite all time games. It's one of the few instances of another "Zelda remake" that I'd be more than down for, just for the sake of some QoL additions.

I would be interested if they reimagined Zelda 2 as a 3D or top down game, but I'm good if they keep it as a sidescroller.

It seems more likely Grubb will be talking about it on "The Last of the Nintendogs" podcast he does with cohost and friend Mike Minotti.

Raccoon itt:

metal-gear-rising-metal-gear-rising-revengeance.gif

i respek it

If they heavily rework the difficulty setting, yeah I would love it, the game has some super interesting systems. (And change those stupid ass hitboxes, why does Link has a knife in that game lmao)
Well yeah, I think it's a game that would benefit being remade from the ground up, but retain the systems, world design, and side-scrolling perspective. I'd love it to have a visual design similar to the promotional art for the early games.

Oh for sure it's there so third-parties can reveal their games during the Direct then talk about them at TGS.
Only game of the last September Direct to be featured in TGS was The Voice of Cards, that's it. It was a western third party heavy Direct.

If there such title in the next Direct, it'll sure to be from Square.

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

not direct-related I’m just manic

Only game of the last September Direct to be featured in TGS was The Voice of Cards, that's it. It was a western third party heavy Direct.

If there such title in the next Direct, it'll sure to be from Square.

Well there's that Gust game...

Grubb (and Mike, his Game Mess co-host) has been hinting for a week or so that he knows when the Direct will be and some of its contents, so it wouldn't surprise me if that Sept. 12th week is for the Direct. Which is cool! I can wait a bit.

Edit: and there it is.

Remember that Grubb was the one who revealed the March 2020 mini, and stuck to his guns even when it wasn't announced ahead of time and everyone shit on him relentlessly.

What if with this direct Nintendo dosenβ€˜t have to care much about TGS because they already did the partner mini and this time has very few third parties games and will focus on first party?

Grubbgol Bonanza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom