• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who is making all those remasters. I mean for real who is making pilotwings lmao.

TP HD/WW HD - Tantalus Media/EAD
Metroid Prime Remake - Retro Studios
Pilotwings - Arzest
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door - IntSUS
FZERO GX - Arzest
Chibi Robo - Arzest
Luigi's Mansion - Greezo with Arzest leading
TTYD remaster is just speculation. Right?

Now that the Grubb info on the Direct is getting out on the press, people are complaining because "it's easy, I could've predicted it myself". So maybe next time @Grubb tell everyone that the Direct will air on a Sunday and will feature Reggie Fils-Aimé presenting Mother 3 HD Remake because apparently people don't believe stuff unless it's too good to be true lol

Everyone seems to be dancing around the most needed GC remaster that is unfortunately out of Nintendo’s hands unless they really push for it (which they should)

I am of course taking about Billy Hatcher, that game does not deserve to be stuck on GC

Remasters can do a lot of good with a few QoL.
For example, I used to really dislike The Wind Waker back then, even if I managed to 100% complete it.
The QoL features in the HD remaster made me fall in love with the game.

That’s why I really, really hope the F-Zero GX HD game have some QoL. It doesn’t need a lot and can (should ?) be optional, but here‘s the thing : I want to love this game, I just can’t because it gave me so much shit with its insane difficulty.
Nintendo always try to make theire games more accessible it's impossible that this does not happen for GX, it needs a easy mode badly

Edit: Quote redacted per request

I just hope most of them are remakes and not just bad things like Zelda SS HD.

I finally caught up on the thread today…wow huge news dropped here, can definitely see why we went through so many pages lol.

GameCube was the first console that was fully mine, so I have a lot of love for the library. I’m already largely happy getting the Prime games and the two big Zeldas brought forward, but if we got Paper Mario TTYD, F-Zero GX, Kirby’s Air Ride, Four Swords Adventures and so much more on top of that I’d be very happy. I’d love to check out some of the games I missed too back in the day like Fire Emblem.

But realistically F-Zero and Star Fox are the most talked franchise to get a game on switch on social media, sometimes Pilotwings

I am now realizing that there are more classic Gamecube games I've never played than I ever thought imaginable. Bring them all to me. Everyone is here.
Going the remaster-heavy route is bittersweet for me for this reason. There will inevitably be games left in the dust that would've seen a rerelease under something like NSO. Games like Double Dash, Melee, and the Mario Sports titles will almost certainly stay behind, and the demand for titles like Kirby Air Ride and Baten Kaitos seems relatively small.

However, many of the games will be there eventually. If they're truly listening to fans, TTYD is a matter of time. IntSys was always going to get to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance at some point without a nudge from Nintendo. Pikmin should show up. We already have Sunshine, and the more imminent rumors are promising.

I think I am the only one who is hoping to have a Mario Party of gamecube stuff lol
I'd personally just like to have 1-7 on the system, emulated if need be. But I'll take a GameCube counterpart to Superstars (but please, give me 1-3 on NSO for when I have that itch for really absurd BS).

Catching up on all thes rumblings since awakening. Nintendo do seem to have a cut off point from N64 to Gamecube, whereas anything N64 and earlier gets bumped onto Switch Online Expansion Pass, and anything GameCube and later gets remastered/remade.

I think it's encouraging at least that Nintendo are leaning more into their extensive back catalogue. I wonder if the reception to all the other old games from other publishers, and subsequently sales) have made them sit up and realise there's gold in them there re-release hills. Provided the remasters are of sufficient quality then I think it's a good thing.

F-Zero GX and Paper Mario TTYD are the dreams for me personally, but honestly a Fire Emblem collection for the two Tellius games (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) would make a huge amount of sense. A proper epic Fire Emblem experience that a whopping majority of new fans have not played, a recognisable, popular and marketable hero in Ike, throw in some voice acting and a few QoL features, job done.

i like to think that if a spin off of fire emblem could sell 1 million in such a small amount of time and a xenoblade remakester is going to reach 2 million in the next few years i really think metroid prime could sell like over 4 million or more lol

Sorry, LTTP, what are the current GCN games rumored to be remastered? I know about TP, WW, and Metroid Prime, but is F-Zero seriously on the table, too?

Going the remaster-heavy route is bittersweet for me for this reason. There will inevitably be games left in the dust that would've seen a rerelease under something like NSO. Games like Double Dash, Melee, and the Mario Sports titles will almost certainly stay behind, and the demand for titles like Kirby Air Ride and Baten Kaitos seems relatively small.

However, many of the games will be there eventually. If they're truly listening to fans, TTYD is a matter of time. IntSys was always going to get to Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance at some point without a nudge from Nintendo. Pikmin should show up. We already have Sunshine, and the more imminent rumors are promising.
To be fair Namco seems to rumping up their remasters and they all sell more on Switch so Baten Kaitos actually have chance, probably just a HD port but still...

we agree that a direct with all is impossible?

Metroid Prime HD (2 and 3 later on)
The Legend of Zelda HD Remasters
Everybody’s 1-2-Stinky
Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp
F-Zero GX HD (?)
Kid Icarus: Uprising HD (?)
Fire Emblem
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2

(This is not my list)

If the sequel of 1-2-3 is terrible as it was described they will cancell it, it would tank heavily the metacritic of Nintendo

And in the end we know that companies look at that

September is going to be legendary in the D23, the ps showcase, the xbox direct, the nintendo direct AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it is an exciting prospect for dead ips, but only if its followed by new ambitious games. In the case of advance wars for example, remakes dont mean much sadly.

Still, it will be a new level of outsourcing for nintendo lol

you realize that if we just have botw2 it's a masterclass, tp ww metroid kid icarus and everything you want (except the drake) will pass for simple bonus imo 😭

Using GCN games to fill in for Wii U ports with those running low certainly makes sense, but it's really no replacement for a robust emulated library, which is always going to cover more of the library. As loyas the emulated games are still coming some ports to fill in gaps is fine.

I still maintain we aren't seeing any more Zelda ports until after BotW 2 unless that game is in a far more dire state than Nintendo have been communicating, though.

Anything new over the (european) night?

Outside of the apparent remaster talk that i got from this page of course? I will hold a little hope for a Baten Kaitos 1 + 2 remaster, pretty please.

Wow, I can't believe the next year of Switch releases has already leaked!

GC_Line.png

The sad part is that most of these are happening.

Imagine to have GC games coming to NSO, instead.

Btw do me a favor and start pushing for a Baten Kaitos HD collection.
Thank you.

I’m all in for GameCube Remasters / Remake, tho aside for Metroid Prime, the one I‘d be insanely happy for is Skies of Arcadia.

It's going to be interesting to see which GameCube games Nintendo picks for remasters and remakes, especially since many "fan favourites" fell short commercially. As we've seen with some Wii U ports, not every game benefits equally from the illustrious Switch boost and some never leave bomba land.

The idea that remakes/remasters would kill any GameCube NSO prospects is ludicrous.

We got Link's Awakening and Pokémon Let's Go, yet the GameBoy should join NSO very soon (this month ?). Same hold for Advance Wars.

Most of these are outsourced, so bring as much as possible. They are a good way to test whether a franchise could be relived with new entries (which NSO won't prove).

Remaster/remake talk has me excited haha, having a think of what could be on the table from Nintendo

GameCube
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime
Paper Mario TTYD (As this is asked for all the time)
F-Zero GX
Luigi's Mansion (be nice to have this in HD and it's different enough from 3)

Wii
Punch Out! (Brings the IP back without having to dev a whole new game)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Surely you can't leave this one out)
Wario Shake It
Super Paper Mario (Could we get a collection with this and TTYD?)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Again, be nice to have this in HD, maybe include the extra content from the 3DS version)

3DS
Kid Icarus Uprising
Luigi's Mansion 2 (This could be a double pack like Paper Mario with 1 & 2 included)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I don't think we'll get any of the Starfox games remastered, I could see them just developing a brand new entry
  • As much as I would love OoT and MM 3D to get the HD treatment, I think Ninty will be content having the N64 versions on Switch.
  • Similar for a Link Between Worlds, I could see us getting a new 2D Zelda instead
  • I think Four Swords Adventures/Triforce Heroes will return but in a new game rather than either of them being remastered.

Pretty bold of some of you assuming we'll get Chibi-Robo remaster, after the Wii New Play version being Japan exclusive.

The idea that remakes/remasters would kill any GameCube NSO prospects is ludicrous.

I think they absolutely kill the prospect of anything above N64 hitting NSO. With what has been released/what is rumoured to be coming, why would they add the same games to NSO? Also, presumably adding GC would mean a price increase/new tier but they can't really so much higher than the current top tier really as that'll put them above the rival services.

Anything new over the (european) night?

Outside of the apparent remaster talk that i got from this page of course? I will hold a little hope for a Baten Kaitos 1 + 2 remaster, pretty please.
Europe here too, apart from remaster talk not so much. People going crazy with news like "Nintendo will remake games that people are asking for".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom