• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now realizing that there are more classic Gamecube games I've never played than I ever thought imaginable. Bring them all to me. Everyone is here.

TTYD is absolutely fine to play as is, but the idea of it with Origami King visuals and a remastered soundtrack has me salivating.

Also, in regards to GameCube remasters…if we’re not just talking first-party, I’m still waiting for the GameCube Sonic games (Adventure, Adventure 2: Battle, Heroes, and, yes, even Shadow the Hedgehog—and may as well throw Riders in, too) to be made available on a modern Nintendo console… SEGA put the Adventure games on PlayStation and Xbox during the Wii U era, but of course Wii U was skipped over, and we still don’t have them on a more recent Nintendo system…

Everyone ready for the first full trailer for BotW 2? The time is definitely now.
If we don’t get anything BOTW2, I at least expect Aonuma to have a lit cigarette in one hand and a crushed beer can in the other, saying that development is proceedingly smoothly and that we just need to wait a bit longer.

Yes, bring them all. So many great games you’ll enjoy starting with arguably the best game on GC being Metroid Prime.
Prime and Prime 2, Eternal Darkness, any GC Star Fox game, Chibi Robo, OG Pikmin, OG Animal Crossing, Baten Kaitos, F-Zero GX...holy

I wonder if they’ll have a GameCube segment since we’re probably getting F-Zero, TPHD/WWHD and Metroid Prime announced. Or they’ll announce them all separately
I’d imagine they’re all separate announcements if they’re decently high effort remasters. Nintendo will want the general consumer to view them as equals to their other offerings.

I wonder if DK went gold already if we have a shot to get it released by spring or summer and 3D Mario makes holiday season.
Anyways I'll have to wait for the Direct to see what actually is early 2023 so I have a better picture of what to expect for the rest of the year.

Also also, it’d be a damn shame if we get both The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess again but Four Swords Adventures is still left to rot alone on GameCube… Nintendo should bring over all of the GameCube Zelda games!!

Y’know, while I can’t personally see Nintendo bundling TWWHD and TPHD together in one package, I do wonder what the chances of them potentially throwing in FSA as a bonus with TWWHD for $60 would be… Even better if they include a localization of Tetra’s Trackers!

And then they can throw in, uh…Link’s Crossbow Training with TPHD, I guess, lol. Which I wouldn’t mind at all! LCT was fun!

Jesus seriously?? That's pretty big.
Hopefully we see it by February Direct at the latest.
Oh that was just one of our not so great “insiders” said 2 months ago. I definitely believe a DK game is coming.

I just wonder how Nintendo will announce and place these games because I think 2D Mario is also coming. Which is coming first?

I would actually like if we got a side game, even if it's just a 2 hour story, alongside WW or TP. Just having the games ported from Wii U feels super boring.

I wonder if they’ll have a GameCube segment since we’re probably getting F-Zero, TPHD/WWHD and Metroid Prime announced. Or they’ll announce them all separately
Since TP/WW and Metroid HD will be full $60 games I’d say separately. Adding F-Zero might be too much GC for 1 Direct with TP/WW and Metroid HD in the same video.

Oh that was just one of our not so great “insiders” said 2 months ago. I definitely believe a DK game is coming.

I just wonder how Nintendo will announce and place these games because I think 2D Mario is also coming. Which is coming first?
Oooohhhh our sweet Mega Man I guess? Lol

I think they'll get Mario on the spring near the movie and DK more as a late summer or fall game.

I can see something like 2D Mario being either February or June, it depends on when Fire Emblem and Zelda will come.

DK feels like a solid September release.

And Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next as the big November bomb.

Damn, it’s really gonna be a Direct for the Coobers, I hope there is something for the rest of us too.

Nintendo is focused on remastering (or remaking) games that people keep asking for. Nintendo pays attention to social media and message boards.
Me, a kid who grew up on GameCube but who could've gone deeper on the library now getting all these ports:

Also, Nintendo wants as many major IPs/franchises to be represented on Switch as possible. Even if that means remastering or porting old games to make it happen.
A Nintendo console's library doesn't feel truly complete for me unless it has Metroid, F-Zero and Star Fox. Last time that happened was Gamecube. Consoles since then have had notable absences. Do you think there's a likelihood this push for IP representation will make the Switch feel "complete" (even if they're all Gamecube remasters)?

...though now that I'm thinking of TTYD, if the game was remade or remastered, would the English and German scripts be kept identical to the original release? Both omit any mention of Vivian being trans, and while we can have a discussion about how Vivian's transness is handled in the narrative, keeping it under wraps entirely in the modern era when all the other language scripts retain that would suck.

There we have our impossible port fix for a September Direct reveal!! Even tho nothing is impossible with THQ Nordic on Switch as they put everything they release on it.

I'm wondering what else could join it. Will this and Arkham Collection be enough? Or will something like Tales of Arise or something else join it?

...though now that I'm thinking of TTYD, if the game was remade or remastered, would the English and German scripts be kept identical to the original release? Both omit any mention of Vivian being trans, and while we can have a discussion about how Vivian's transness is handled in the narrative, keeping it under wraps entirely in the modern era when all the other language scripts retain that would suck.
I think the remaster would be a great opportunity to rectify that if anything. Nothing stopping them from making script changes of that nature.

I've definitely come around on deluges of old shit. They're for new fans and take up a lot less resources than new projects
For me it’s also that we’ve (for the most part) move past Wii U ports as they’ve done what they can.

Seeing older games brought back feels more special than ones less than 5 years ago.

These posts from Gartooth and Instro sum up the situation very well.

Also, Nintendo wants as many major IPs/franchises to be represented on Switch as possible. Even if that means remastering or porting old games to make it happen.
We could be seeing the fruits of something I’ve been predicting for a while.

If there is a chance for Nintendo to boost their less popular IPs - it is NOW. There is a potential switch explosion waiting to happen for any of them. I’ve thought it since we saw the initial switch boost for first year games from BotW through Xenoblade 2.

They’ve got fans that have been begging for cult classic franchises to return for years, the match is already lit. Throw in the massive and healthy switch user base and it’s an opportunity with so much potential. The switch audience is still so engaged, so many different types of games thrive.

Not everything will become a massive 10m+ of course, but NEARLY everything will see a non-neglible boost.

I just hope Nintendo found a good replacement for the Miiverse stuff in Wind Waker HD. The message in a bottle stuff was top tier so I’d hate to lose it (again).

Pikmin 1 & 2 would be a great candidate for remake. They even have the game development tool from Pikmin 3.

Let's not forget Namco, Baten kaitos 1+2 like Klonoa is a possibility especially because od the BK2 european trademark

And also because it can be a just a HD bump with the Jaoanese voice acting

There we have our impossible port fix for a September Direct reveal!! Even tho nothing is impossible with THQ Nordic on Switch as they put everything they release on it.

I'm wondering what else could join it. Will this and Arkham Collection be enough? Or will something like Tales of Arise or something else join it?
I could see Scarlet nexus first before ToA. Bamco likes to port stuff almost 2 plus years later.

I'm surprised Nintendogs hasn't got an entry on Switch yet. That'd be a hit.
I personally know five people who'd buy it on the spot. And that's a very large percentage of my social circle so multiply that by how many friends normal people have and you've got yourself a BotW-killer

OK just gonna say it have we been shouting loud enough NINTENDO FOR REMAKES OF PILOT WINGS! 1080 WAVE RACE AND OF COURSE NINTENDO LAND!
Thanks Emily and Nate again.

Oh and one more little request!!

SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 HD!!

Wow, I can't believe the next year of Switch releases has already leaked!

GC_Line.png

The sad part is that most of these are happening.
literally salivating at the thought of this oh my

I wonder who is making all those remasters. I mean for real who is making pilotwings lmao.

TP HD/WW HD - Tantalus Media/EAD
Metroid Prime Remake - Retro Studios
Pilotwings - Arzest
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door - IntSUS
FZERO GX - Arzest
Chibi Robo - Arzest
Luigi's Mansion - Greezo with Arzest leading

Remasters can do a lot of good with a few QoL.
For example, I used to really dislike The Wind Waker back then, even if I managed to 100% complete it.
The QoL features in the HD remaster made me fall in love with the game.

That’s why I really, really hope the F-Zero GX HD game have some QoL. It doesn’t need a lot and can (should ?) be optional, but here‘s the thing : I want to love this game, I just can’t because it gave me so much shit with its insane difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom