• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest hope for these remaster initiatives is they are similar to MercurySteam’s deal with Metroid, remaking a classic and using that experience to make a new entry. It would be great if Grezzo got to make a new 2D Zelda, WayForward with a new Advance Wars, Mages with a new Famicom Detective Club, and same for whoever is making F-Zero.

Also while I don’t usually care for remasters that much, for the love of god please tell me one of these remaster initiatives is Kid Icarus Uprising. I think with gyro and a recenter button they could totally make it work, and it would be lovely to get an active base for the multiplayer again.

Wow, I can't believe the next year of Switch releases has already leaked!

GC_Line.png

The sad part is that most of these are happening.

The speculation and information in this thread is going to put food on the table for a lot of Youtubers. Famiboards is basically creating jobs.

Sony can’t wait for these remasters and rereleases to come soon enough so the narrative can shift to Nintendo from TLOU pt 1. You know it’s going to blowup when these games are priced at $60 and more in other territories.

Damn, y'all, 520 pages? And what's all this about GameCube? We know what to expect. Metroid Prime HD. The Zelda ports. Why do we have any reason to-

Edit: Quote redacted per request

I'm in if we get TTYD and Chibi-Robo.

Alright, good night thread! I hope that your dreams are sweet and full of Nintendo GameCube.

Assuming that you are going to sleep. I'm going to sleep because it's time for bed.

ndirect_calendar.jpg

Another day, another lack of an announcement. Here's my updated calendar of likely direct dates - it's definitely looking quite unprecedented

Time for me to get excited at the idea of remastered Pokemon Colosseum and XD before getting crushed by Pokemon Company's hatred of fun.

Thankfully I have a Steam Deck, but I want to buy these games again Nintendo just let me do it.

GC_Line.png

I’m cool with that, never got around to Chibi-Robo and I’ve been meaning to play TTYD again at some point.

I’m mostly curious at how high effort this remastering movement is going to be. If it’s like 3D All-Stars, meh. If it’s like Wind Waker, great. If it’s like Xenoblade Definitive, hell yes.

Just curious, does this mean that you are confident that WW/TP are ports and could not end up being part of GCN NSO?
Even if GameCube NSO existed or will exist in the future, WW and TP on Switch would definitely be ports of WWHD and TPHD.

Makes a lot of sense. Always seemed like the next logical step once they were mostly through their WiiU catalog. Lot of value for those remasters/remakes, much lower costs and dev time vs new games, and excellent calendar fillers.

On that note I do hope that Baten Kaitos remasters happen. I recall some time ago there was some talk that Bamco had shot down the idea, but maybe things have changed.
If Nintendo goes crazy on remasters next year it feels like that could be a sign of a transition phase to new hardware. The Switch transition years for the 3DS included a ton of these types of releases.

Wii U ports: Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad
Other ports: Luigi's Mansion, Kirby's Epic Yarn
Remakes: Fire Emblem 2, Metroid 2, Mario & Luigi 1 + 3

These posts from Gartooth and Instro sum up the situation very well.

Also, Nintendo wants as many major IPs/franchises to be represented on Switch as possible. Even if that means remastering or porting old games to make it happen.

Honestly TP HD looks pretty good when taken as a straight HD remaster. I don’t think many people have played the original versions of that game in a long time - those look rough these days, haha. It would’ve looked nicer if they did more retexturing work of course, but it’s definitely a clean looking remaster.

Who said f zero was coming? I still haven’t seen where that was mentioned. In honor, my favorite GX tracks:

I could add a dozen more (maybe I will).

Also, Nintendo wants as many major IPs/franchises to be represented on Switch as possible. Even if that means remastering or porting old games to make it happen.
Mother remake would be nice.

GC_Line.png

The thought of TTYD on Switch has me literally salivating (I wonder if they could even remake it in Origami King's engine... oh my goooooood), so for my own sanity, I'm just going to assume that of those, it's the only one that isn't happening.

Yes, even counting Odama.

Just curious, does this mean that you are confident that WW/TP are ports and could not end up being part of GCN NSO?
Plans to bring WW/TP to Switch has always been with ports. This extends to other GCN games destined for Switch. They are remaster/remakes.

GCN NSO is not a thing, at this time, to my knowledge.

Are there any franchises you can deconfirm? Like Pilotwings for example.

Everyone listen to the captain falcon theme. Is he the Messiah? I must know. We know he has power to shatter solar systems and vaporize human beings with a single punch:

I mean i’d prefer a new Rhythm Heaven, but if they’ve gotta port Megamix to make it happen on Switch then…

Do Wario Land and Kid Icarus count as major though? Asking for a friend. I already know Chibi-Robo and Panel de Pon are so you don’t need to confirm their major status :)

Nintendo doing this many GameCube remasters is the equivalent of tying one hand behind your back because you’re too strong. How nice of them to give the others a fighting chance.

Can I get uhhhhhhhh Metroid Prime HD, F-Zero GX HD, WW/TP HD, Thousand Year Door HD, new Fire Emblem, BOTW 2, and new 2D/3D Mario between now and the end of 2023?

This is excellent news to me, I would like Nintendo to bring as many of their classic games to Switch as possible so we can have one system that spans their whole legacy of video games.

Hopefully this means more Wii games as well after they are done with GC stuff, 3DS as well.

Nintendo is focused on remastering (or remaking) games that people keep asking for. Nintendo pays attention to social media and message boards.
I believe it. Hell Sakurai even directly mentioned the pleas for a KIU remaster/port for Switch.

Nintendo is focused on remastering (or remaking) games that people keep asking for. Nintendo pays attention to social media and message boards.
So if I spam “Captain Rainbow Remaster” 100k times a day, we might finally get that western release?

Well...as much as I would rather have a NEW StarFox game...I SUPPOSE I can take remakes/remasters of Adventure and Assault, too.

I'd especially love it if they would put in the effort to actually "fully realize" both of those games. Utilize the current era StarFox vocal cast, too, while they're at it.

Have I asked for Chibi-Robo enough already or do I need to beg more; just send me a sign Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom