• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST3| Speculate Chronicles 3

WHEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely no more Zelda footage this year.
Footage I’m 50/50 on, but I do think they have to and will mention it. We’ll see Aonuma in front of a black background again for sure. Whether he shows a trailer or announces “more news next year” or a BOTW2 Direct, we’ll have to see.

Spring 2023 is less than a year away.

There will either be a title drop trailer before the end of this year, or the game is delayed again.

These blue balls are really starting to hurt.

@Raccoon I think speculation calmed down mainly because our needs were all slowly met over July and no one doubts there will be a Splatoon Direct rather than people don’t like Splatoon. For the former part, the biggest questions walking into July were where was new hardware (there was none), where were the new games we wanted from a June Direct (we got Kirby), where was our DLC (we got Mario Kart, Strikers, and New Volleyball Moves), where was our Bayonetta 3 info (new trailer and release date), and what’s up with Pokemon (we got it). We also got two cool new games to play in this time with Live A Live and Xenoblade and the latter is a colossal feast for the ages that everybody and their grandmas should play.

So yeah most people are happy right now. Like I really want Splatoon, it and Bayonetta 3 are probably the last huge extra hype releases of the year for me (not counting Trails From Zero which I’m mainly super hyped about for other people to play), but it’s hard to be hungry with speculation when I’m so full elsewhere lol.
Eh, depending on who you are I guess. Like @Raccoon said, meanwhile I'm starving over here.

My needs haven't been met at all but I'm just too exhausted after all this to have the energy to speculate. I check back each day for the daily tweet possibility but it's usually just pain

Things will happen when they happen and I'm just going to keep working, playing random other games and sleeping August away

I think if there was any chance for a Botw2 delay past spring, they wouldn't have given a window. Could still get delayed, but I think it's very unlikely.

BoTW 2 timeline:

-Reveal teaser (1:27 min) June 2019

2 years later

-2nd teaser (1:35 min) June 2021

1 year + 1 month later....

?????

I think this silence, lack of info is too much , even for a mainline Zelda.

I think we will see somenthing substantial sooner rather than later.

BoTW 2 timeline:

-Reveal teaser (1:27 min) June 2019

2 years later

-2nd teaser (1:35 min) June 2021

1 year + 1 month later....

?????

I think this silence, lack of info is too much , even for a mainline Zelda.

I think we will see somenthing substantial sooner rather than later.
Covid hit the biggest, most complex games hardest especially games that were more early on across the industry. We have a window into Monolith at least from the recent Ask The Developers interview (iirc that’s the name of the new Iwata Asks successor series) and how grateful they were a lot of the big concepts for Xenoblade 3 were locked down before Covid started and they switched to working from home.

Definitely no more Zelda footage this year.
Really? Why do you say that? I think if there’s a General Direct in September (which I still think there will be) then BOTW2 is nearly guaranteed to be there. No way they skip the E3 Direct completely only to then have one in September and still not show BOTW2, especially if the game is coming out March-April timeframe.

Exceptions being if the game is delayed again, or they do a special Zelda Direct, or maybe if they announce beforehand that Zelda won’t be in the Direct. Which I could MAYBE see them do, but even if so I think they’ll still show it sometime this year. I really can’t imagine getting to the end of 2022 and not seeing more of this game.

Really? Why do you say that? I think if there’s a General Direct in September (which I still think there will be) then BOTW2 is nearly guaranteed to be there. No way they skip the E3 Direct completely only to then have one in September and still not show BOTW2, especially if the game is coming out March-April timeframe.

Exceptions being if the game is delayed again, or they do a special Zelda Direct, or maybe if they announce beforehand that Zelda won’t be in the Direct. Which I could MAYBE see them do, but even if so I think they’ll still show it sometime this year. I really can’t imagine getting to the end of 2022 and not seeing more of this game.

We can't even get any coverage for Splatoon 3, one of Nintendo's biggest games this year and it's only a month from release. Not optimistic that we will see Zelda which is still a years away.

We'll likely get Splatoon 3 footage next week but that will be less then a single month before it comes out. Nintendo won't show anymore Zelda until at least February. My prediction of course.

This prediction is under the assumption that there will be a general Direct in September.

If BOTW 2 is launching before March 31, 2023- There will be BOTW 2 footage.

If BOTW 2 is launching after March 31, 2023- There will not be BOTW 2 footage.

IMO, The Game Awards would make perfect sense for a trailer drop/release date announcement, but Nintendo seems to be shifting away from that platform.

We can't even get any coverage for Splatoon 3, one of Nintendo's biggest games this year and it's only a month from release. Not optimistic that we will see Zelda which is still a years away.

We'll likely get Splatoon 3 footage next week but that will be less then a single month before it comes out. Nintendo won't show anymore Zelda until at least February. My prediction of course.
People may not like the Splatoon footage we got this year, but we got Splatoon footage at the February Direct and again in April when they had the release date trailer. It hasn’t been MIA all year up until launch and Zelda won’t be either.

This prediction is under the assumption that there will be a general Direct in September.

IMO, The Game Awards would make perfect sense for a trailer drop/release date announcement, but Nintendo seems to be shifting away from that platform.
Reggie was the driver for TGA announcements. Seems like NOA isn’t a fan of his platforms without Reggie’s influence pushing them that way. Kind of weird if you ask me but the way it seems

Reggie was the driver for TGA announcements. Seems like NOA isn’t a fan of his platforms without Reggie’s influence pushing them that way. Kind of weird if you ask me but the way it seems
Nintendo is giving TGA and Geoff K. the cold shoulder after many years they scorn Nintendo´s games at the show.

Geoff literally hosted the Wii-U Smash Bros tournament at E3 2014. Reggie really must have carried that relationship on Nintendo's behalf. Iwata got along with Geoff too from what I remember

I’m really not sure why the narrative Nintendo is distancing themselves from The Game Awards keeps resurfacing. 2020 was the Sephiroth Smash trailer, which made a huge splash online, and 2021 was Monster Hunter Sunbreak (confirmed to be from NOA by the VGA’s on Twitter at the time). Monster Hunter may not necessarily speak to our crowd, but was ultimately another wildly successful game.

They haven’t stopped showing things at the VGAs, they pick one thing they have they think will be a good fit to get extra attention on it (like Bayonetta 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, No More Heroes III, and Bravely Default II) for an audience that isn’t necessarily tuned into Directs. It’s perfect for Nintendo too since they typically don’t have big marketing events between their September Directs and their February/March Directs.

If people expect Zelda tier showings every time, well they only put out a Zelda every five years or so, so there’s bound to be disappointment. That doesn’t mean they don’t care or don’t show up.

Pain. We deserve good news after this long waiting since february.
It'll come, when it's time.

Might as well get comfy, though. But then again, until the likes of Prime and Mega Man Match surface, I'm largely coasting at the moment, anyway.

Splatoon has to come first, an Indie World may or may not be next (the last one came later than expected), then Direct speculation season heats up big time. For a Direct, we haven’t had any real signs yet. The only potentially interesting candidate, Tactics Ogre, got announced on its own.

Some additional data:

In Nintendo’s entire decade plus of doing Directs, they have only held one direct the same week of TGS. That one being a Wii Fit U Direct, which obviously is a completely different audience from that of TGS.

In other words, there is a very high likelihood of a Direct 1-2 weeks before TGS, a near impossibility the week of, and (at least as of the Switch era) a minuscule chance of post-TGS Direct. So if we don’t hear anything by September 7th…then you’re free to panic.

there won’t be botw2 footage in the next direct, too soon.

CF3csAU.png

Out of curiosity, did we find out what that F-Zero hint was from syluxhunter or are we still waiting to see what it's about?

Out of curiosity, did we find out what that F-Zero hint was from syluxhunter or are we still waiting to see what it's about?
I think that was supposed to keep us guessing until whoever is behind it reveals their joke with a profitable YouTube video but people figured it out way sooner than they anticipated

this is a based opinion that interests me greatly

what do you think there'll be in september?
Well a parner showcase and tweets,but I even have doubts about that ,however I think nintendo Is keeping all its big cards for next year,,and have a big presentation or full nintendo direct in january. This year Is already packed in releases.

Well a parner showcase and tweets,but I even have doubts about that ,however I think nintendo Is keeping all its big cards for next year,,and have a big presentation or full nintendo direct in january. This year Is already packed in releases.
do you think they'll reveal a game for early next year in fall?

I think that was supposed to keep us guessing until whoever is behind it reveals their joke with a profitable YouTube video but people figured it out way sooner than they anticipated
Sorry, I'm a bit confused - they confirmed that the numbers tease was about F-Zero and it was something minor (or something like that). I'm asking if we figured out what exactly it was.

Are you saying that the numbers tease was a joke or that the entire account is a joke like the waddle dee one?

Come on, do we still believe in fairy tales like snow white, sleeping beauty and January Nintendo direct?

Sorry, I'm a bit confused - they confirmed that the numbers tease was about F-Zero and it was something minor (or something like that). I'm asking if we figured out what exactly it was.

Are you saying that the numbers tease was a joke or that the entire account is a joke like the waddle dee one?
Exactly, no. My guess is that it doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom