• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can choose a Direct with one of the following two options:

1. Metroid Prime HD reveal for October 2022 / Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer for 2023; nothing Zelda is shown
2. Wind Waker HD reveal for September 2022 / BOTW 2 full trailer w/ title drop for Spring 2023; nothing Metroid is shown

Which do you choose?

2. All day. Every day

If Nintendo does ANYTHING else than a General Direct, I am DONE with Nintendo! I'm sick of it! Who do they think they are? I WILL BREAK MY SWITCH IF THERE'S NO DIRECT NEXT WEEK! I WILL DO IT!!

1. Metroid Prime HD reveal for October 2022 / Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer for 2023; nothing Zelda is shown
2. Wind Waker HD reveal for September 2022 / BOTW 2 full trailer w/ title drop for Spring 2023; nothing Metroid is shown

Which do you choose?
number 1. We haven’t seen a thing for Metroid Prime 4. We haven’t seen a 3D Metroid in over a decade. I’ve been so ready. BotW is my favorite game of all time so I’m obviously super hyped for BotW 2. It has a spring release date and we’ve at least seen some of it.

number 1. We haven’t seen a thing for Metroid Prime 4. We haven’t seen a 3D Metroid in over a decade. I’ve been so ready. BotW is my favorite game of all time so I’m obviously super hyped for BotW 2. It has a spring release date and we’ve at least seen some of it.
Zelda is my most favourite gaming franchise ever, and even though I've been campaigning for WWHD and TPHD to be brought over, I'd still choose option 1. Basically for the same reasons as you, Metroid Prime 4 is so shrouded in mystery and I'm really excited to finally see 3D Metroid again.

There's no better time to start one of the best games on Switch then right now.
thats-dunban-over-there-xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-edition.gif

Which do you choose?
Easily #1, we’ve seen BOTW2 twice (and closed out the past 2 E3 Directs), all the while not seeing anything related to MP4 since June 2017 (5 years ago), along with a remaster of a game that’s far more interesting than the other remaster option

Easily #1, we’ve seen BOTW2 twice (and closed out the past 2 E3 Directs), all the while not seeing anything related to MP4 since June 2017 (5 years ago), along with a remaster of a game that’s far more interesting than the other remaster option
It’s time. So many people here have not see 3D Metroid greatness. Its been 14 years!

My thoughts exactly!

Which do you choose?
#2 for sure, but add in Twilight Princess HD

Also I got a half day off on the 29th so its direct hype time the moment I get home in the afternoon.

Which do you choose?
1. all day everyday baby

Which do you choose?
2 easily. Metroid Prime HD would be better than Wind Waker HD (even if I prefer Wind Waker to Metroid Prime) but a Metroid Prime 4 teaser would do very little for me. Make it a full Metroid Prime 4 reveal and I'd definitely take 1 but as it is now 2 is the easy choice.

Also, funnily enough, we've actually gotten a Metroid game more recently than any kind of Zelda.

Which do you choose?
I care about Metroid more, but I feel picking two is the better bet only because I’m not confident Wind Waker is this year otherwise and they could then just reveal the completed Metroid Prime HD and Prime 4 closer to their releases.

Which do you choose?
Obviously 1.

Dragoncaine pls

I definitely feel both Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD will come to Switch eventually, I’m just not confident if it will be either this year or next. They seem like perfect games to release during the cross gen period of Switch and Switch 2 in 2024.

Something Zelda will probably come out this year, I’m leaning toward multiplayer Zelda, but I’m not confident in it.

Which do you choose?
Metroid. Zelda already has a release window and they’ve shown it more than once. All we’ve seen from prime 4 is the number 4.

I miss the general direct hype train. Me and my cousins have dinner all together, we eat lots of bacon (don't ask me why, we just love having pre-Direct english breakfasts-dinners), we make predictions bingo cards, and we scream to the TV when we see Zelda or Metroid get shown

you guys would seriously prefer another teaser for a game somewhere in the future over gameplay and a title for the zelda game that was supposed to be out this year?

you guys would seriously prefer another teaser for a game somewhere in the future over gameplay and a title for the zelda game that was supposed to be out this year?
You say “another” as if we’ve even gotten a teaser for MP4 at all, it was literally a video of a logo

That said, I can’t choose. I’m leaning Metroid but I’d be hype as hell for either, so why does it even matter at that point lol

4FC22219-9361-49DE-9B5B-BD9501C3F5DE.jpeg

Holy shit we just successfully pulled off a Driver Combo on kotaku for millions of damage

I don't know why anyone would be opposed to a partner showcase. That series of events gave us stuff like SMT 3/5, WWE 2K Battlegrounds, and Monster Hunter Rise/Stories 2.

Ohhh I see, my bad for misinterpreting
nah I was too vague

I should have said "another teaser for another game..."

Other than Prime 4 , what other Nintendo game we have in a 'teaser only' status?
currently we are blessed to only have metroid, but before last e3 we had zelda, and before that we had animal crossing and smash bros

I'd rather see zelda, which was supposed to be out this year, over metroid, which was literally rebooted not that long ago

If Nintendo does ANYTHING else than a General Direct, I am DONE with Nintendo! I'm sick of it! Who do they think they are? I WILL BREAK MY SWITCH IF THERE'S NO DIRECT NEXT WEEK! I WILL DO IT!!

Nintendo reads famiboards

Nintendo “Delay the Direct by a week”

Employee “What will that do?”

Nintendo “People will break their Switches and have to purchase another one after the amazing Direct we put together”

Employee “F-ing Genius!!!”

Lol we don't have to worry about Smash reveals anymore. I remember when they took up a good chunk of the Direct. Though I rewatched the E3 2019 Direct recently and saw some reactions and that "one two punch" of Banjo and BOTW2 was perfect. Wish I caught that live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom