• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next week at the earliest we should also look out for him... he will leak it.
Probably. Who cares. This is propbably the worst kind of leaker to me tho. Teasing and leaking things shortly before they happen. Like why even bother.

1 1 1 1 0 = 30, so June 30th?

At this rate, the Snitch could leak the whole Direct before Nintendo even announces it lol.
The current theory is that the Snitch is a YouTube employee of some sort that has early access to video uploads, right?

So I suppose it depends on when Nintendo decides to upload the Direct/trailers from it

I'm still expecting a General with a Mini as a worst-case backup. I fail to see why Nintendo would ever bring back the Partner-direct naming convention without there being a world-crisis reason to do so.

Team Monday announcement for a Wednesday Direct, just like Xenoblade 3's presentation. Monday is the last day I can claim Treehouse is still alive lmao

I'm still expecting a General with a Mini as a worst-case backup. I fail to see why Nintendo would ever bring back the Partner-direct naming convention without there being a world-crisis reason to do so.

Team Monday announcement for a Wednesday Direct, just like Xenoblade 3's presentation. Monday is the last day I can claim Treehouse is still alive lmao
Yeah since Nate isn’t 100% ruling out a Mini I’d say there’s still a small chance of a Mini happening.

can't wait for Snitch to leak Nintendo stuff. Then I can finally use my word play I brainstormed for 12 days.

The Nintendo Snitch.....get it??? Because Nintendo released a hybrid named Switch.
And he would have leaked Nintendo stuff
making him a Nintendo Snitch which is a reference and rhyme on Switch!!!.... eh forget it.

Look i want a direct as much as you guys but... the Xenoblade 3 direct helped me a lot with that.

At the moment i'm mostly looking forward for when the game comes out at the end of July than for a new Nintendo direct. Yes, i also want to know more about BOTW 2, release date for Bayoneta 3, maybe release date for Silksong and whatever crazy new thing is Nintendo going to announce but it's better to focus on the games that are coming out soon and, you know, the good experience we're going to have with them.

Why are we living in a constant need for hype, when we could really be playing games and enjoy them?
(That's why i'm here posting this instead of playing TMNT Shredders Revenge)
Wait, what do you mean? I'm pretty sure Nintendo's last new game release was in October of 2021. :unsure:

Since we are talking about random leaks, I want to bring up this post from Chris Dring from earlier today, because it really seems like a tease to me.
I looked up the game he mentions and it has a few different release dates for different consoles Oct 28, Nov 20, Nov 26 of 2002 and Feb 14 of 2003. Since he is talking about a 20th anniversary then it means this year - the dates in November 2022 are during the weekend so it must be Oct 28 2022 (Friday) or Feb 14 2023 (Tuesday).

I wonder what game it could be about - I'm thinking either God of War since we are expecting an announcement before the end of the month, but it could also be Mario+Rabbids 2, since I remember someone saying that the date had already leaked or that it would leak or something like that.

Yeah since Nate isn’t 100% ruling out a Mini I’d say there’s still a small chance of a Mini happening.

Don't say stuff like that...

It's going to be a General...

It's going to be a General...
stewie-family-guy.gif

One thing that made me lean towards a Mini was the Xenoblade 3 broadcast time; it'd be a decent spot to drop a Mini without warning and I think it matches the timeframe that Minis have dropped in the past.

That being said, given the number of things to talk about - first-party reveals, first-party release dates, DLC like Kart, potentially NSO updates (more N64 titles at the very least), plus the whole gamut of things third-parties and indies could bring to the table - I think a full-length general remains the likeliest outcome. It's the opportunity to tee things up for their second half marketing.

Snitch seems out of Nintendo leaks, but would be cool to see something about Super Nintendo Snitch Pro 2

Sorry for not being active these last few days. Just been busy with a few things but the hype still hasn’t left me

I’ve still been reading all the chaos

Since we are talking about random leaks, I want to bring up this post from Chris Dring from earlier today, because it really seems like a tease to me.
I looked up the game he mentions and it has a few different release dates for different consoles Oct 28, Nov 20, Nov 26 of 2002 and Feb 14 of 2003. Since he is talking about a 20th anniversary then it means this year - the dates in November 2022 are during the weekend so it must be Oct 28 2022 (Friday) or Feb 14 2023 (Tuesday).

I wonder what game it could be about - I'm thinking either God of War since we are expecting an announcement before the end of the month, but it could also be Mario+Rabbids 2, since I remember someone saying that the date had already leaked or that it would leak or something like that.

lmao he’s shitposting

Is the story that Nintendo doesn't want anything to do with Geoff Keighley's SummerGameFest due to some loyalty to the ESA? I mean if that's true and they postponed their Direct out of SGF window, that makes me more confident of it being a General

Are we as a community gonna collectively decide if we want to discuss leaks and spoilers that occur within a few days of an impending direct?

I love a good GoldenEye tease some several months ago. Having it detailed like three hours ahead of time seems like a dick move imo

Are we as a community gonna collectively decide if we want to discuss leaks and spoilers that occur within a few days of an impending direct?

I love a good GoldenEye tease some several months ago. Having it detailed like three hours ahead of time seems like a dick move imo
I feel like there should be clarity either way. Either:

1) this thread is open game for actual spoilers and leaks from Monday onwards
2) a Containment Thread is set up for open spoilers and this thread remains free of them so that it can remain the hub for predictions, excitement, and general insanity

2) a Containment Thread is set up for open spoilers and this thread remains free of them so that it can remain the hub for predictions, excitement, and general insanity
I think a containment “enter at your own risk” thread is the best option.

I vote option 2.

I mean, Kit & Krysta are well known around the Nintendo community. I'm sure they could've grown, albeit a bit slower if they weren't using such clickbaity titles. I was looking forward to inside stories at Nintendo but I tapped out when they were teasing like a super crazy story and it turned out it was Reggie wearing casual clothes at like an awards show or something.
They really can't divulge too much. They signed NDA when leaving Nintendo. They can approach the line but can never cross it. Once their stories about working at NoA are exhausted, they will rely on their personalities and takes on subject matters. Will be interesting to see if they have staying power. Their industry experience is an advantage but also a crutch as the stories people want to hear are the stories they cannot tell.

I'm definitely in favour of #2; but with the caveat that the thread is opened immediately with the same staff warning above posting like this one here lol

You can choose a Direct with one of the following two options:

1. Metroid Prime HD reveal for October 2022 / Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer for 2023; nothing Zelda is shown
2. Wind Waker HD reveal for September 2022 / BOTW 2 full trailer w/ title drop for Spring 2023; nothing Metroid is shown

Which do you choose?

I don't think 2 will work. Hyped people will post spoilers in this thread anyway, back at the old place it happened everytime there was a new Direct and something leaked.

1. Metroid Prime HD reveal for October 2022 / Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer for 2023; nothing Zelda is shown
2. Wind Waker HD reveal for September 2022 / BOTW 2 full trailer w/ title drop for Spring 2023; nothing Metroid is shown

Which do you choose?
Do I really need to say?

Anyway, I'll see those of you chads here in the bottom 20% of the vote with me :ROFLMAO:

Which do you choose?

2 easily.

Which do you choose?

2! For Suure!

Do I really need to say?

Anyway, I'll see those of you chads here in the bottom 20% of the vote with me :ROFLMAO:
The correct answer 10 out of 10 times is option 1. We have seen video of BOTW2 but nothing of Prime 4 and a prime remaster may give us some hints at what Retro is doing with lighting engines and whatnot. Wind Waker is amazing, but have on Wii U and it might play better with the gamepad for the inventory/map anyway.

Which do you choose?
1, easily. I don't need to see anything Zelda until September when BotW2 is not releasing until Spring 2023 at the earliest anyway.

Which do you choose?
2 all day every day. I love Metroid but I love Zelda even more.

It's a tough one for me. BOTW 2 is more imminent and tangible than MP4, but I've never played the original Metroid Prime whereas I've beaten Wind Waker three times in my life. I ultimately think I'd go with the Metroid option, because a substantial remaster of a game I've never played, as well as the revival of a game that rebooted development 3 years ago, is more unexpected than an already-existing Wii U port of a game I love, and a game that we already know is coming next year (even though BOTW 2 is one of my most anticipated games of all time)

The correct answer 10 out of 10 times is option 1. We have seen video of BOTW2 but nothing of Prime 4 and a prime remaster may give us some hints at what Retro is doing with lighting engines and whatnot. Wind Waker is amazing, but have on Wii U and it might play better with the gamepad for the inventory/map anyway.
9 out of 10 Famiboarders agree~
my Samus is a danger to society~

It's a tough one for me. BOTW 2 is more imminent and tangible than MP4, but I've never played the original Metroid Prime whereas I've beaten Wind Waker three times in my life. I ultimately think I'd go with the Metroid option, because a substantial remaster of a game I've never played, as well as the revival of a game that rebooted development 3 years ago, is more unexpected than an already-existing Wii U port of a game I love, and a game that we already know is coming next year (even though BOTW 2 is one of my most anticipated games of all time)
Personally speaking I am not the biggest Prime fan. Prime 1 left me pretty cold when I played for the first tome in 2013 but maybe I would love it now. IDK. Tastes change.

Zelda on the other hand is the sequel to my favorite game and the potential mechanical depth hinted at by patents and teasers are really stimulating my imagination.

Just wanna see some normal ass gameplay. Will be so good.

Which do you choose?
1 for me. For one thing, a 2023 confirmation of MP4 would be huge. Also, we already know about BOTW 2, so waiting until September wouldn't really make that big of a difference.

I admit my bias though; Metroid is my favorite franchise. I love Zelda too but I'm not dying to see more of it like a lot of people.

Tbh, I would be absolutely, 100% fine if they did not show shit for BotW2 before it releases. What they have shown so far is enough for me, and for all I care they can just shadow-drop it on a random Friday next Spring. I will be there anyway.

Prime 4 is a completely unknown quantity, has been announced for five years at this point with nothing to show for, and I just want to get at least a glimpse of what it looks like, god fucking damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom