• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy that we are going to see Wind Waker on Switch at the end of the month, they had to make the direct later than usual because that announcement alone would ruin every other video game thing near it.

It's crazy that we are going to see Wind Waker on Switch at the end of the month, they had to make the direct later than usual because that announcement alone would ruin every other video game thing near it.
Well yeah, when people see Wind Waker in 4K with raytracing they'll be blown away.

Revisting 2013 games is the current industry trend, right?

What makes people so confident WWHD/TPHD is coming this year?
For me, it's the one Zelda game a year rule that Nintendo has been using for a little while now. WWHD/TPHD makes more sense than a new 2D Zelda remake from Grezzo (this year at least) or OT3D/MM3D.

So at this point, is this just the cooler general discussion thread?
You have to bounce back and forth to be the coolest. For me, any non-new Nintendo talk goes in the general thread. Anything dealing with upcoming releases and speculation goes here since it could be in the direct. This is a law you have to follow.

I feel bad about having a super backlog and also because I'll make a list about all the games I'll buy when the Direct is out. Starting with MP1 remakester.

You can. You'll be wrong; but you can.
Oh…I guess it’s a good thing to be wrong here because that means it comes earlier..

I was just envisioning that Pokémon and Bayonetta and Metroid Prime would occupy most of the limelight for 2022 and they would try and squeeze M+R2 at the end of 2022.

Grandpas going to be playing some more Breath of the Wild on Twitch in a few minutes! Tune in and he will love you forever

twitch.tv/calamitygrandpa

Is it bad that I’d rather have a Link Between Worlds Switch release over a TP/WW release. I mean, I know it’s not likely at all especially considering the HD release of those on Wii U…but if I’m going to get a non-BOTW style Zelda, I’d rather it be a really good top down LBW

Is it bad that I’d rather have a Link Between Worlds Switch release over a TP/WW release. I mean, I know it’s not likely at all especially considering the HD release of those on Wii U…but if I’m going to get a non-BOTW style Zelda, I’d rather it be a really good top down LBW
No it’s not bad. A high res version of this game would be amazing. Honestly gets left out of the discussion too much (won’t say underrated since it is highly regarded).

Personally want some reimagining of the DS games if they were to remake/rerelease something next.

If they did a rerelease of a link between worlds, I’d love a double pack with a link to the past in the ALBW engine. But that probably won’t happen with the original game being right in the snes app.

Realistically, It’ll probably be separate releases of TP+WW or the Oracle remasters.

If they did a rerelease of a link between worlds, I’d love a double pack with a link to the past in the ALBW engine. But that probably won’t happen with the original game being right in the snes app.

Realistically, It’ll probably be separate releases of TP+WW or the Oracle remasters.
Nintendo hasn't been stranger to redundant rereleases.
I know it was a different time but how many different ways were there to play the original Metroid during the Gamecube and GBA era?
On 3DS you had two different versions of Metroid 2.
Not like I'm saying it's superlikely but redundancy isn't an argument against it in my opinion.
Especially if they put GB games on NSO and Link's Awakening very likely being there.

I have no interest in COD but you do you
To each their own. One of the biggest selling third party IPs ever. Year in and year out it sells very well and yet the 100 million plus gamers on switch can’t play it.

What makes people so confident WWHD/TPHD is coming this year?
I'm not. If we get Zelda this year, I'd prefer something out of left field - Four Swords Adventures HD as an Expansion Pack bonus title, or just for sale on the eShop. Or, new 2D Zelda and Breath of the Wild 2 is nudged later into 2023 passed the spring.

Or no Zelda at all in 2022, for the first time in 10 years.

I know it was a different time but how many different ways were there to play the original Metroid during the Gamecube and GBA era?
Not like I'm saying it's superlikely but redundancy isn't an argument against it in my opinion.
Especially if they put GB games on NSO and Link's Awakening very likely being there.
No disagreement that Nintendo could. They did just do it with Super Mario 64 in the All-Star collection and the N64 app. I just lean towards probably not.

NSO will end up covering at least until GCN/GBA, Nintendo has already accepted there will be redudant 'releases' of the original releases competiting with remasters/remakes imo

I'm not. If we get Zelda this year, I'd prefer something out of left field - Four Swords Adventures HD as an Expansion Pack bonus title, or just for sale on the eShop. Or, new 2D Zelda and Breath of the Wild 2 is nudged later into 2023 passed the spring.

Or no Zelda at all in 2022, for the first time in 10 years.
I don't think they don't need Zelda this year either. There are two goliaths coming out this fall, all the need is some smaller titles to fill in the empty spots. Much smaller. If they'd ask me I'd want Puzzle League as the filler software. A Tetris Effect Connected like art piece game. Maybe we got a new age style revision of Lip too?

We definitely have to see Bayo 3 at this direct, no?

Well, I hope so. I need my high-octane action game fix from Bayo or Project Eve (Or a new DMC??)

Why would it be bad to have a Switch port of the best Zelda ever made?

I don't know if I can see GC NSO ever happening, despite the emulator existing and there being testing done for it. Think for first-party platforms it'll just be simple: Nintendo's first three consoles and first three handhelds; NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBA, DS. After Mega Drive (+ Mega CD games eventually) and PC Engine i'm not sure what to expect from third-party platforms but i'm hopeful for a fun surprise. M2 couldn't get Saturn working properly on the cheap hardware of a mini system, but on a full console...

Why would it be bad to have a Switch port of the best Zelda ever made?
It wouldn't be bad, that's why they gave Link's Awakening the full remake it deserved.

I don't know if I can see GC NSO ever happening, despite the emulator existing and there being testing done for it. Think for first-party platforms it'll just be simple: Nintendo's first three consoles and first three handhelds; NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBA, DS. After Mega Drive (+ Mega CD games eventually) and PC Engine i'm not sure what to expect from third-party platforms but i'm hopeful for a fun surprise. M2 couldn't get Saturn working properly on the cheap hardware of a mini system, but on a full console...

It wouldn't be bad, that's why they gave Link's Awakening the full remake it deserved.
GC is a long-term thing, only way it's never added is if you think Nintendo will stop supporting NSO 'Virtual Console', I'd argue it will even release before DS one because the DS/3DS emulators will requiere quite a bit of work to adjust double screens into one in a way Nintendo is happy about, and GCN being the easiest to put on NSO once GB/GBA main rollout ends. When it comes to the original Switch though, I only expect GB/GBA added and maybe PC Engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom