• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like there's absolutely no chance they won't show BOTW2 at the June direct. There are more chances it will skip the september direct. It won't be a blowout, but I'm expecting at least a trailer close to the lenght of the E3 2016 one and the name. And if they decide to do a Treehouse, I'm expecting a 30 min session and nothing more.

Are we really still doing the "next year will be insane/magical/2017 part 2" thing for a third year in a row?! lol

BoTW 2 and Prime 4 should make next year interesting, the rest either are more likely to release this year or they're games that doesn't exist, 2023 probably won't be too different from 2022, maybe less impressive depend on how much you value BoTW 2

Are we really still doing the "next year will be insane/magical/2017 part 2" thing for a third year in a row?! lol

BoTW 2 and Prime 4 should make next year interesting, the rest either are more likely to release this year or they're games that doesn't exist, 2023 probably won't be too different from 2022, maybe less impressive depend on how much you value BoTW 2
I have a feeling Prime 4 isn't next year

Who is actually doing this, though?

The hypothetical 2023 that people are talking about sounds more like leftover lunch than anything.

Which, depending on your stance on leftovers, can be quite nice.

The hypothetical 2023 that people are talking about sounds more like leftover lunch than anything.

Which, depending on your stance on leftovers, can be quite nice.
people, myself included, often overlook the distinction between quality and hype

take the second half of this year. It's going to be a top notch season, one of Nintendo's best, but I think a potential Metroid Prime port, Zelda port, another Pokémon, another Xenoblade, and another Splatoon is kind of boring in terms of forum posting.

of course, I think I'd take a year with fun games over one that's fun to talk about

What I find the most interesting is 3rd party games after July we have zero big 3rd party games announced by third parties and at least even if it's due Nintendo money we always get at least a couple big ones every year.

What I find the most interesting is 3rd party games after July we have zero big 3rd party games announced by third parties and at least even if it's due Nintendo money we always get at least a couple big ones every year.
hmm, maybe third parties are holding off due to some major external factor...

my hopium tank is almost empty but I'm gonna keep huffing the dregs

This year will already be one of the best years for Switch without BotW 2 and 2023 will be with BotW 2 and MP4.

I don’t see MP4 missing the holiday next year. Plus if we get Star Fox, Nintendogs/Tomadachi, Pikmin 4, Fire Emblem for 2023 is pretty big

I think we will at least see a teaser of MP4 this June, and mire importantly if there's a MP1 remake announcement. If that's the case, I see MP4 releasing next current year. Or maybe next fiscal year next to Switch 2's release (march 24 in my opinion).

They can just say I know yall waiting for Prime 4 and while we can't give new information at the moment we have something prepared of all of you, and then show Prime 1 remaster

Does everyone think we’ll at least see something of Metroid Prime 4 before the year ends?
Could see it going either way, to be honest. Nintendo were happy enough to announce Skyward Sword HD in February 2021 without showing anything of the new Zelda at that time.

I think if they're optimistic on Prime 4 launching in 2023, then we see something when the Prime 1 remaster is announced; or even in September, if Prime 1 gets another trailer in a Direct then.

i think a small 10 seconds teaser is a safe bet, but i really dont think we will be getting something concrete.

Also, yes im aware nintendo's support for the tga has dwindled since 2018 but mp4 is quite the right fit for the show

Does everyone think we’ll at least see something of Metroid Prime 4 before the year ends?
I’m fully confident we see our first (teaser) trailer of Metroid Prime 4 at the next Direct (alongside the Prime Remakester announcement). More than enough time has passed and (whether it makes it or not) it is probably at least aiming to be the 2023 holiday game.

We got the new Retro Metroid social media art earlier this year. You’d keep that away if you weren’t going to show it soon.

Opener - BOTW2

Second announcement - Windwaker HD

Middle announcement - Either a new IP or a 2D Mario game, launching this holiday or next Spring

Finisher - Metroid Prime Remake

One More Thing - Metroid Prime 4 2023

It would be fun next month to get something from Nintendo at the next Direct which is a complete curve ball, or which is something that a handful of us are super enthused about. I don't care for Mario Strikers, but I really liked the announcement this year because I knew what it would mean to people here.

What I'm saying is Wario Land or Wave Race or F Zero making a sudden comeback next month would make me very happy and I will waste an awful lot of energy trying to will that into existence.

They can just say I know yall waiting for Prime 4 and while we can't give new information at the moment we have something prepared of all of you, and then show Prime 1 remaster
I don't think that will go over well if they did it a second time. a short clip like they've been doing of Zelda would be suffice, I think

I’m fully confident we see our first (teaser) trailer of Metroid Prime 4 at the next Direct (alongside the Prime Remakester announcement). More than enough time has passed and (whether it makes it or not) it is probably at least aiming to be the 2023 holiday game.

We got the new Retro Metroid social media art earlier this year. You’d keep that away if you weren’t going to show it soon.
That is true, but Metroid Prime 4 will generate huge amounts of... twitter views?So they can show something small and even that will generate a shitload of stuff. I mean retro's banner swap generated 31,5k likes. For comparison Dread's announcement tweet made 42,5 lol

It would be fun next month to get something from Nintendo at the next Direct which is a complete curve ball, or which is something that a handful of us are super enthused about. I don't care for Mario Strikers, but I really liked the announcement this year because I knew what it would mean to people here.

What I'm saying is Wario Land or Wave Race or F Zero making a sudden comeback next month would make me very happy and I will waste an awful lot of energy trying to will that into existence.
I think we’ll get at least one thing like that, but I can’t guess which one.

Praying for Fortune Street and F-Zero the most.

The unexpected announcement for june direct can be an unannounced third party title (whatever is switch exclusive or not)

Like something from capcom, sega or square-enix.

Or anything somewhat big from western developers.

regarding 2023 lineup, it’s surely we will see DLC expansions (paid or free) of 2022 titles: Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, Pokémon S/V, Mario + Rabbids 2, Switch Sports…and don’t forget more MK8DX tracks.

+
Zelda BOTW2
Mario Baseball
new Fire Emblem
Nintendogs/Tomadochi Life
Pokémon spin-off (mystery dungeon? ranger? detective pikachu sequel?)
Advance Wars 1+2 (if it doesn’t release this year)
next Good-Feel title (Wario Land?)
next EPD Tokyo project
Metroid Prime 4
3D action game remaster B-N

can make a good 2023 year.

Last edited:

Yea, I hope we get another Advance Wars like announcement that is really out of left field.

That new banner update from Retro means a lot to me. I know it was on art station, but there feels like a bigger meaning there. Most of us already believe MPR is coming. Its been 3.5 years since it was rebooted. The timing feels right. It feels like it’s coming together to show MPR and some kind of teaser for MP4.

Koizumi will do us the honors.

“I know its been a long time for our Metroid fans. 3.5 years ago we announced the reboot of Metroid Prime 4 with our Texas studio Retro Studios. Since then, we’ve released Metroid Dread. A brand new edition in the Metroid series. We haven’t been able to give you an update on Metroid Prime 4. But today, we would like to show you a little teaser of what Retro has been working on. Please take a look. Snaps fingers”

Sometimes i have the impression dark cloud likes metroid.

“I know its been a long time for our Metroid fans. 3.5 years ago we announced the reboot of Metroid Prime 4 with our Texas studio Retro Studios. Since then, we’ve released Metroid Dread. A brand new edition in the Metroid series. We haven’t been able to give you an update on Metroid Prime 4. But today, we would like to show you a little teaser of what Retro has been working on. Please take a look. Snaps fingers”
flashes 2 seconds of teaser, 20 pics appear for microseconds each what did you think? What you just saw was a teaser of the latest installment in the metroid prime series. Please, stay tuned!

Sometimes i have the impression dark cloud likes metroid.

flashes 2 seconds of teaser, 20 pics appear for microseconds each what did you think? What you just saw was a teaser of the latest installment in the metroid prime series. Please, stay tuned!
Metroid is pretty cool. She has a nice suit.

trailer rolls

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 2

Nintendo's big reveal at The Game Awards... Kiddy Kong in Tropical Freeze 2!
Shinya Takahashi is just gonna appear in a trailer at the beginning and do this:
peace-disappear.gif

With the text that says that’s all they got.

I hope you realize how little that would matter

They'd make all of zero efforts to keep it afloat during any attack.

'hey everybody, I think our page is down'
'did we check the logs?'
'no, I don't have the server details'
'ah ok, we'll just wait for __ to get back from leave next week'

A remaster of Donkey Kong Country Returns with the additional 3DS world would have been a nice release in 2020. Of course, it should have been included with Tropical Freeze to begin with but alas…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom