• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol we don't have to worry about Smash reveals anymore. I remember when they took up a good chunk of the Direct. Though I rewatched the E3 2019 Direct recently and saw some reactions and that "one two punch" of Banjo and BOTW2 was perfect. Wish I caught that live!
That’s why I compare E3 2019 to what we could get this time. We had 2 Smash reveals as announcements. You just replace those with 2 Nintendo games this time.

We have some Nintendo games announced that’ll get more details like Luigi’s Mansion 3, Astral Chain and Links Awakening did.

Sat down to olay a couple minutes of Metroid Dread before bed. Looked up and realized I accidentally played for 3 hours. Oops!

It must be a sign that Metroid Prime HD is coming soon.

Sat down to olay a couple minutes of Metroid Dread before bed. Looked up and realized I accidentally played for 3 hours. Oops!

It must be a sign that Metroid Prime HD is coming soon.
I recently had the same experience with my girlfriend. She just played through every 2D Metroid with me over the last few weeks and while we were doing Dread, every time I thought for sure that she'd save and then give it a break, she just kept going. She's someone who absolutely loves sleep and sleeps a ton so it was bizarre to me.

I'd be the voice of reason, like "Don't you have work in 5 hours?" And she'd dismiss it, "Eh there's not much going on tonight".

Dread isn't perfect to me, but man, it's awesome to see it being so compelling to new and old fans alike.

You can choose a Direct with one of the following two options:

1. Metroid Prime HD reveal for October 2022 / Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer for 2023; nothing Zelda is shown
2. Wind Waker HD reveal for September 2022 / BOTW 2 full trailer w/ title drop for Spring 2023; nothing Metroid is shown

Which do you choose?

I didn't read the second option.

1. Metroid Prime HD reveal for October 2022 / Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer for 2023; nothing Zelda is shown
2. Wind Waker HD reveal for September 2022 / BOTW 2 full trailer w/ title drop for Spring 2023; nothing Metroid is shown

Which do you choose?

1. I've never played any of the Prime games

1. I've never played any of the Prime games
fix-it-futurama.gif

They really can't divulge too much. They signed NDA when leaving Nintendo. They can approach the line but can never cross it. Once their stories about working at NoA are exhausted, they will rely on their personalities and takes on subject matters. Will be interesting to see if they have staying power. Their industry experience is an advantage but also a crutch as the stories people want to hear are the stories they cannot tell.
Are Nintendo employees forced to sign NDAs when they leave the company? How can they enforce that? Never thought about this before

Tired of making late night direct questions I see ;)
Nah. The late night Direct questions might be the only thing keeping me sane. Something to look forward to at the end of each day, rather than waiting just for the Direct. Each quiz is like a checkpoint.

But in all seriousness. Before it gets too crazy in here over the weekend and next week and my posts just get lost in the mess, I want to sincerely thank you all.

This month has been a crazy wait. I lost my job and my dog in May, and my efforts to find new consistent work has been unsuccessful thus far.

So I don’t have much to look forward to at this point in my life, except this Direct. So I’ve been super active on Fami, interacting with you all and making new friends.

You’ve all been so welcoming and kind. So many smiles have genuinely been brought to my face reading your posts, responses to my post, Yeah!s, and DMs. I feel like I finally have a place within this community, which has never happened to me anywhere on the Internet before.

I know this post probably makes me come across like a complete loser, but I had to get it off my chest. You’ve all been so wonderful, and I’m having more fun with this Direct hype season than any before it because of you.

Thanks for sharing in this excitement with me, and for being so welcoming.

Now let’s hold on tight, grab onto the handles, and feel this rollercoaster’s DROP. 🎢

But in all seriousness. Before it gets too crazy in here over the weekend and next week and my posts just get lost in the mess, I want to sincerely thank you all.

This month has been a crazy wait. I lost my job and my dog in May, and my efforts to find new consistent work has been unsuccessful thus far.

So I don’t have much to look forward to at this point in my life, except this Direct. So I’ve been super active on Fami, interacting with you all and making new friends.

You’ve all been so welcoming and kind. So many smiles have genuinely been brought to my face reading your posts, responses to my post, Yeah!s, and DMs. I feel like I finally have a place within this community, which has never happened to me anywhere on the Internet before.

I know this post probably makes me come across like a complete loser, but I had to get it off my chest. You’ve all been so wonderful, and I’m having more fun with this Direct hype season than any before it because of you.

Now let’s hold on tight, grab onto the handles, and feel this rollercoaster’s DROP. 🎢
Wishing you the best! Better things are coming.

I hope everything improves for you soon. I've been through similar, and things have a way of falling back into place in my experience.

Providing a place of fun and refuge and support should be what any good forum is all about IMO - and I'm honored that we can be that network for you!

I also feel this place has been good. Probably since I got in the door at the beginning and didn’t get lost in the masses. Glad you’re posting here regularly. Sorry about the unfortunately life situations. Hopefully things will turn around in the near future.

Last edited:

I hope you feel much better soon <3

Remember, no matter how bad things seem right now, it will get better! It's not a question of if they will, they will, and you'll get there, it's a question of how best to handle yourself as you make your way through this to when everything is good again. I have faith in you!

I hope everything improves for you soon. I've been through similar, and things have a way of falling back into place in my experience.

Providing a place of fun and refuge and support should be what any good forum is all about IMO - and I'm honored that we can be that network for you!
That means a lot, thanks. I know things will get better.

And yes, you’ve all certainly succeeded at that!

I also feel this place has been good. Probably since I got in the door at the beginning and my get lost in the masses. Glad you’re posting here regularly. Sorry about the unfortunately life situations. Hopefully things will turn around in the near future.
It’s been great seeing you post so much too. And I appreciate that sentiment.
I hope you feel much better soon <3

Remember, no matter how bad things seem right now, it will get better! It's not a question of if they will, they will, and you'll get there, it's a question of how best to handle yourself as you make your way through this to when everything is good again. I have faith in you!
That is such a kind thing to say. Y’all are really brightening my day :)

lmao he’s shitposting
Is he really tho ? You do know there was a Marry Kate & Ashley game on the Game Boy Color, right ?

What’s coming next for the NSO ? The Game Boy / Game Boy Color.

Mary Kate & Ashely GBC game confirmed for GBC NSO and Mario Kart 8 DX 2nd Wave.

So sorry the past 2 months have been so tough on you, but onward and upward! This community has also helped me through some pretty rough patches, and at its best (which is honestly most of the time), this is the kind of amazing environment and morale-booster that Famiboards is conducive to fostering :)

Now, who's making that insider tier list?

Last edited:
So sorry the past 2 months have been so tough on you, but onward and upward! This community has also helped me through some pretty rough patches, and at its best (which is honestly most of the time), this is the kind of amazing environment and morale-booster that Famiboards is conducive to :)

Now, who's making that insider tier list?
Honestly Dragoncaine you were the first person that I felt connected to on here. Your posts like “My man Switchum back with the most wholesome posts on Fami” really made my day back in the beginning :)

That NX tease was amazing , we was all in a craze over what the NX was , just like we are now for whatever the next Switch is and of course the Direct.

Honestly Dragoncaine you were the first person that I felt connected to on here. Your posts like “My man Switchum back with the most wholesome posts on Fami” really made my day back in the beginning :)
Awwwwww glad to hear it, my friend!

I love this community so much. And real talk, the functionality, community engagement opportunities, and general ease of use/personalization options are already better than the old place imo. And we've only been here since, what, Sep/Oct? Amazing to think of what lies ahead.

Anyway, finally time to start Star Fox 64 tonight before we wrap production on our current HULU movie and all get plastered tomorrow night lol

Last edited:

Hey dude, things will get better. And youre right, videogames can be a nice distraction and even if the Direct turns out to be not that good the discussion around it is already worth it.

As someone who suffers with a lot of mental health issues, I can relate to you when you talk about focusing on something to look foward to so you can kinda use it as a motivation to just get out of bed.

Try to stay positive and about your dog, he/she will leave forever in your memories, you can always meet each other there.

I got Metroid Dread to get me to the 29th. It's quite addicting and good for my first metroid game. I'll probably be finished within a week and then to top it off a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD announcement would be cool as I wanna try them out.

I love this community so much. And real talk, the functionality, community engagement opportunities, and general ease of us/personalization options are already better than the old place imo. And we've only been here since, what, Sep/Oct? Amazing to think of what lies ahead.

Anyway, finally time to start Star Fox 64 tonight before we wrap production on our current HULU movie and all get plastered tomorrow night lol
Same here. Love everyone here and has helped me through a lot, especially during my bad headaches

I will still buy everybody's switch regardless of how bad it is

I got Metroid Dread to get me to the 29th. It's quite addicting and good for my first metroid game. I'll probably be finished within a week and then to top it off a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD announcement would be cool as I wanna try them out.
I got pot to get me to the 29th (Canadian so yeah).

Which do you choose?
Windwaker HD and BOTW2. I like Metroid too, but I really wanna try Windwaker.

Listening to NVC, Peer is so confidant that a direct is happening next week that they are flying their host, Seth Macy, to the studio for a post direct coverage
Hmmmmmm.

I love this community so much. And real talk, the functionality, community engagement opportunities, and general ease of us/personalization options are already better than the old place imo. And we've only been here since, what, Sep/Oct? Amazing to think of what lies ahead.

Yes, you are correct that the features on Fami are much better than those of the old site. The developers here did an excellent job, and have made a fun site to use both in emotions and in a technological sense.
Hey dude, things will get better. And youre right, videogames can be a nice distraction and even if the Direct turns out to be not that good the discussion around it is already worth it.

As someone who suffers with a lot of mental health issues, I can relate to you when you talk about focusing on something to look foward to so you can kinda use it as a motivation to just get out of bed.

Try to stay positive and about your dog, he/she will leave forever in your memories, you can always meet each other there.
I feel you on the mental health front, my friend. It is a very difficult battle, but I know things will improve for both of us. Thank you for being so vulnerable and courageous to share.

I’ve never thought about memories being a way to meet my dog. I guess that’s the way she lives on. Thank you.

Listening to NVC, Peer is so confidant that a direct is happening next week that they are flying their host, Seth Macy, to the studio for a post direct coverage
Yup as someone like Seth who works remote living a good distance away, to decide to fly him out to SF for next weeks NVC kind of shows how much Peer believes something is coming. Of course they joked if somehow nothing happens they will just get to hang out in person lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom