• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One day, many many years ago I met Shigeru Miyamoto. We have captured some pictures, then he asked me with his broken English what Nintendo games I am currently playing, I responded: Mr. Miyamoto I don't play Nintendo games, I just enjoy the hype regarding the Directs and so on. He frowned at me and beat me on my knees with his Nintendo Switch OLED model.

One day, many many years ago I met Shigeru Miyamoto. We have captured some pictures, then he asked me with his broken English what Nintendo games I am currently playing, I responded: Mr. Miyamoto I don't play Nintendo games, I just enjoy the hype regarding the Directs and so on. He frowned at me and beat me on my knees with his Nintendo Switch OLED model.
Wondering how he beat you with an OLED many years ago but I believe the rest.

Fire Emblem just doesn’t bank on waifus & husbandos. They help pool interest in the games though. An area which AW seriously lacks in & no the COs do not compare.

Define “proper high budget” because they can do better with the modest budget they have now. Something they really haven’t over the course of the series.
I mean sure, the games themselves still have good gameplay, no matter what some hardcore fans tell you, but the characters themselves sure are a huge pull looking at Fire Emblem Heroes.

Concerning the budget, I just meant more than before or now, the most advanced games in the series we got were DS titles in a time where piracy was rampant and Anime wasn't as big as it is now.
The new wayforward remakes may look nice, but I would hope a proper new game would do more.
I'm not expecting AAA production values or anything, a modest budget like you say would already be enough.
Deoending on how you look at things modest can mean different things though.

"We Were Wrong About the June Direct... Here's Why"
I mean, Kit & Krysta are well known around the Nintendo community. I'm sure they could've grown, albeit a bit slower if they weren't using such clickbaity titles. I was looking forward to inside stories at Nintendo but I tapped out when they were teasing like a super crazy story and it turned out it was Reggie wearing casual clothes at like an awards show or something.

Oh man, just imagined this thread when the clock hits 8am CST next Tuesday without any announcement (probably meaning it will be a Mini – though I doubt it).

Can't wait. Whatever happens will be total chaos.

Since he as a Nintendo employee had this model since 2017. It's that simple. Nintendo Switch (2017) and OLED were developed in tandem, Nintendo just sit on it as with their games.
My uncle works in Vancouver, and NLG is in Vancouver so I guess he must work for Nintendo. I'll try to call him on his Switch Pro to confirm.

ngl this is the final stretch. It might feel like an eternity for next week to get here.

Don't worry the coming days we can all get cozy with Shez and Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. We forget about the direct and out of nowhere it is there! If not then we forget about it while we play Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak :D

Don't worry the coming days we can all get cozy with Shez and Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. We forget about the direct and out of nowhere it is there! If not then we forget about it while we play Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak :D
Yep I’ll be playing Three Hopes. The demo was so good! It felt like I was playing Three Houses with a new combat lol

the shittiest thing is that I am at work when the direct allegedly happens. fml. My hype is useless

I've not been playing Nintendo games lately but have, shockingly and shamefully, been using a supportive and fun online space to talk about Nintendo and their games and what the future might hold. This is obviously very toxic behaviour.

Thankfully, it'll be corrected tomorrow by the arrival of a new Nintendo game.

Yep I’ll be playing Three Hopes. The demo was so good! It felt like I was playing Three Houses with a new combat lol
I was surprised how well it gave the Three Houses feeling. Somehow Three Houses was a game I couldn't put down. After I felt I was done with the game I just wanted to play again when I turned it off. Funny enough I hear this from more people and content creators so I guess the characters are super likeable. I wonder if a new Fire Emblem will hit the right spot. The leaks we saw of the rumoured next entree seems very different so lets see.

the shittiest thing is that I am at work when the direct allegedly happens. fml. My hype is useless
Same for me. I am starting a new job (in the video game industry though!) so with a bit of hope I can see if I can watch it with them. Else it will be an after work experience.

I mean sure, the games themselves still have good gameplay, no matter what some hardcore fans tell you, but the characters themselves sure are a huge pull looking at Fire Emblem Heroes.

Concerning the budget, I just meant more than before or now, the most advanced games in the series we got were DS titles in a time where piracy was rampant and Anime wasn't as big as it is now.
The new wayforward remakes may look nice, but I would hope a proper new game would do more.
I'm not expecting AAA production values or anything, a modest budget like you say would already be enough.
Deoending on how you look at things modest can mean different things though.
Sure the characters have huge pull but that alone probably wouldn’t have done it alone. The characterization of said characters helps a lot in them being a pull. Just look at something like 3H for this. But other stuff like increased production value & story have moved it over the hump. In addition to finding what works in the modern era on the gameplay.

These are things that AW lacks that would need to be addressed if it were to have a breakout hit ala Awakening.

I apologize for my ignorance but how did the Subway thing start?
Well, it all started when I, @Brofield, a record holder for most Subway posts on this forum, had the bright idea to frequently post about my eating habits, and everyone has since rolled with it

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Look i want a direct as much as you guys but... the Xenoblade 3 direct helped me a lot with that.

At the moment i'm mostly looking forward for when the game comes out at the end of July than for a new Nintendo direct. Yes, i also want to know more about BOTW 2, release date for Bayoneta 3, maybe release date for Silksong and whatever crazy new thing is Nintendo going to announce but it's better to focus on the games that are coming out soon and, you know, the good experience we're going to have with them.

Why are we living in a constant need for hype, when we could really be playing games and enjoy them?
(That's why i'm here posting this instead of playing TMNT Shredders Revenge)

Look i want a direct as much as you guys but... the Xenoblade 3 direct helped me a lot with that.

At the moment i'm mostly looking forward for when the game comes out at the end of July than for a new Nintendo direct. Yes, i also want to know more about BOTW 2, release date for Bayoneta 3, maybe release date for Silksong and whatever crazy new thing is Nintendo going to announce but it's better to focus on the games that are coming out soon and, you know, the good experience we're going to have with them.

Why are we living in a constant need for hype, when we could really be playing games and enjoy them?
Because looking forward to a Direct and enjoying incoming releases aren't mutually exclusive things.

I've not been playing Nintendo games lately but have, shockingly and shamefully, been using a supportive and fun online space to talk about Nintendo and their games and what the future might hold. This is obviously very toxic behaviour.

Thankfully, it'll be corrected tomorrow by the arrival of a new Nintendo game.
we are standing on the wrong side of history and nobody seems to care.
gonna immediately start a new playthrough of a videogame I own!

tumblr_oncly6T9gs1tkb2p0o1_500.gifv

I agree sort of with you but in the end knowing which games you can look forward to for the coming months does help you plan your finances and such. Plus, speculation is something we love. When some releases are out and the future is just a [ ? ] then we don't know what we gonna get when we hit it.

As Mr. Spo said, we can both enjoy games and still look forward to new ones :D

we are standing on the wrong side of history and nobody seems to care.
gonna immediately start a new playthrough of a videogame I own!

tumblr_oncly6T9gs1tkb2p0o1_500.gifv
I've also not been playing Nintendo's games because their last two releases didn't appeal to me, and because I've even been using my Xbox Series S.

There's no hope for me.

I did not just get my ass handed to me in 6 online Mario Strikers games in a row to be accused of not playing games!!

Although I admit I will not be playing Three Hopes. I adore both age of Calamity and Three Houses, but I just can't find any interest in it :-/

for me its just adulthood. I don't have as much time anymore and there are really stressful weeks at work where I am just to tired afterwards. Combined with chores its really hard to get some playtime. Thats why I love my Switch tho. The handheld option made it my most played console ever.

EDIT: its also easier to just shitpost and watch and discuss stuff with like minded people then to play video games

I feel like my posts on this page all have a vaguely threatening aura because of a lack of "/jk" and so on so please understand everything I'm saying is both said very lightly and in good humour but also I'm deadly serious about every word of it.

I feel like my posts on this page all have a vaguely threatening aura because of a lack of "/jk" and so on so please understand everything I'm saying is both said very lightly and in good humour but also I'm deadly serious about every word of it.
no worries man

I agree sort of with you but in the end knowing which games you can look forward to for the coming months does help you plan your finances and such. Plus, speculation is something we love. When some releases are out and the future is just a [ ? ] then we don't know what we gonna get when we hit it.

As Mr. Spo said, we can both enjoy games and still look forward to new ones :D
Yes and i agree with you, i like to plan my finances knowing when the game are coming out, and i also love the speculation and the hype of all of it.
Don't get me wrong, i love this thread and reading all of the speculation and rumours but i think i'm felling a bit burned out of this, after weeks of us waiting for the Direct and we don't even get a oficial release date on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom