• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyVGM

Cappy
If you are curious about why both things work:

The first one works because during a bronchoconstriction attack your bronchioli have a reduced diameter and therefore airflow is reduced, more air is retained inside the alveoli instead of flowing through the rest of the airway (reducing the internal pressure inside it and upstream of the obstruction) and when you add the increasing pleural pressure during exhalation, the equal pressure point (EPP) of the airway moves downstream from the bronchi towards the bronchioli causing the airway to collapse.
Ckck7PQ.jpg
The bronchioli don’t have cartilage so they are much more prone to collapse, while the bronchi do have cartilage and have better structural resistance.

By applying pressure in the trachea (or any other upstream part like the mouth or nose) you counter some (not all) of the bronchoconstricion using the same pressure-balance mechanisms and move the EPP upstream towards the bronchi.

And the second method works because the air near the sea has a higher concentration of salt (it’s hypertonic) and when inside your airway it pulls water out from your cells and reduces inflammation. It’s mechanism is similar to a nebulization using a hypertonic saline solution.

And of course, neither is a substitute for medical treatment.

Thanks for the explanation!

manfromthedam

Semi Undercover Game Music Guy
Zie ik een keer Nederlands op het forum, is het verdikkie robottaal!
Im looking for good games to play to pass the time until the 29th. I remembered the E3 2021 Direct and I realize I havent even got around to Dread though. Is it worth playing as someone who hasnt played much Metroid?
I've never like Metroidvanias and earlier bounced off of Super Metroid, Hollow Knight and Ori, but did a Normal and Hard Mode run of Dread in it's first weeks after release. It just controls and flows so well.

Yavga

Boo
Pronouns
He
Soccer, dutch cheese, french toast. I've lived to see it all. More than 2 weeks to go. Nate should leak the Zelda Oracle Games to keep this forum from going insane, or SamusHumper. I don't care either way but something has to happen.

Lintendo

Moblin
Unglaublech, de esch mer mol 2 Stund nid im dem Thread und scho schribet alli in verschiedene Sproche, ach ech liebe die Community <3
(Try to Translate this, to all the Non Swiss Speaker, I dare you ;) )

MissingNo.

Triangular Tactician
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
Unglaublech, de esch mer mol 2 Stund nid im dem Thread und scho schribet alli in verschiedene Sproche, ach ech liebe die Community <3
Unbelievable, I leave this thread for two hours and all of a sudden all of you start writing in different languages, oh I love this community.

What now, Lintendo? What now.

NateDrake

Bob-omb
Soccer, dutch cheese, french toast. I've lived to see it all. More than 2 weeks to go. Nate should leak the Zelda Oracle Games to keep this forum from going insane, or SamusHumper. I don't care either way but something has to happen.
People can watch the Capcom or Square Enix events.

poop

bet loser
Administrator
Pronouns
he / him
FamiGold
This is the second most chaotic thread I've seen on this site. Congrats

MissingNo.

Triangular Tactician
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
Now that we've all had our bi-annual fun of shitposting in different languages, I think another round of pizza posting might be in order to liven things up a bit.

totofogo

irritating LGBT character
Pronouns
he/him 🏳️‍🌈
Aw bummer, I’m still holding out for not-revelations-3, though that dream is probably dead?

lexony

Bob-omb
Founder
Ich gleubti dü miestisch dina dialäkt eswie schribu das r s’bizie schwärer zum eratu isch um dasda bi nid schwiizer go üszprobiere.

I think you have to write your dialect in a way that it is harder to guess for non swiss people

MissingNo.

Triangular Tactician
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
Ich gleubti dü miestisch dina dialäkt eswie schribu das r s’bizie schwärer zum eratu isch um dasda bi nid schwiizer go üszprobiere.

I think you have to write your dialect in a way that it is harder to guess for non swiss people
Swiss is just funny German at the end of the day, so seeing it spelled out like that actually makes it easier to understand than if I just heard it.

Lintendo

Moblin

ja sProblem esch das Luzern ned wöki en dialekt hed.

The Problem is that Lucerne doesn't really has dialect.

SpringwoodSlasher

Piranha Plant
If Prime isn't announced for this calendar year, I think the rest of my year looks like:

1) Earthbound
2) Star Fox 64
3) Finishing the final 2 bosses in XenoblaDE
4) Octo Expansion
5) Xenoblade 3
6) As Dusk Falls
7) Elden Ring
8) Splatoon 3
9) Bug Fables
10) Persona 5
11) Pentiment
For your #3 do you mean the mainline campaign or Future Connected? (I actually wasn’t interested enough to finish FC…)

midnightcrusade

Space Junky Roadie
This thread is too chaotic, can't understand a thing people has said in japanese or dutch, I'm here just chilling waiting for twilight princess for switch also ¿Hay gente que habla español por aqui?

lexony

Bob-omb
Founder
Swiss is just funny German at the end of the day, so seeing it spelled out like that actually makes it easier to understand than if I just heard it.
That‘s true. It has also a lot to do with Pronunciation. Swiss german really just is german but saying all the words wrong and forgetting some particles. There are unique gramatics like "go“ (Ich gan go schlafu / I‘m going to sleep) which is similar to the english "to" and some unique words in dialects like in mine (Frontag = Donnerstag = Thursday), but they are usually clear in context when written.

Anyway back to topic I would say 😅

Dragoncaine

Jubilant Mask Vendor
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
For your #3 do you mean the mainline campaign or Future Connected? (I actually wasn’t interested enough to finish FC…)
Main campaign! I was really struggling against the second to last boss a year ago, so I decided I'm going to rewatch all of the story cutscenes to refresh my memory, then turn the game onto easy mode.

nocdaes

Cappy
Pronouns
He Him
I understand why people want WW and TP, but I am genuinely happy just waiting for BotW2. We are all in for a very, very, very long wait for a new 3D Zelda once BotW2 is released... I'd much rather get WW and TP during those years.

Similarly, with Mario, I still feel fatigued after the 35th anniversary! Entirely my fault, but I played and completed Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, 3D World and Bowsers Fury in the space of a couple of months. I'm quite happy without Mario for another Direct or two.

Donkey Kong and Star Fox are what I'd want to see, along with a new trailer for BotW2.

Blue Monty

Tingle
Pronouns
he/him
Que está pasando hoy aquí con los idiomas? Por aquí un sevillano viviendo en el norte de Europa.
Un tio pa romper las reglas hizo un post en ingles pero al darse cuenta k no lo podia postear lo puso en Google translator a holandes. Como Respuesta la gente ha empezado en hablar en diferentes idiomas (la mayoria los suyos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Top Bottom